Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
143 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 143

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Baby Einstein Learning Center?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/18 14:49
From heights
Group:
Registered Users
anybody have any recent info/feeback on this place?

Posted on: 2009/11/24 15:52

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/19 14:19
Group:
Registered Users
Going back to the original topic (the day care has nothing to do w/ the co. Baby Einstein or its videos), thought I'd post what I've heard to save some parent out there the leg work I had to do to learn about the place. Bottom line is that it seems too good to be true because it is.

Ended up tracking down several parents who had their kids there and have since moved them to other day cares for various reasons. I don't have any first-hand knowledge of the issues, so I won't get into all of what I heard, but the one thing all the parents separately said was that they found the place very disorganized. For the high prices they charge, it really didn't seem worth the drama. Bummer for us.

Posted on: 2007/8/12 0:54

Edited by maironi on 2007/8/12 1:33:51

Re: Baby Einstein Day Care in the Heights
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
What about asking your grandparents what they did to entertain kids when meals were being made and chores were being done when there was no boob-tubes?

Posted on: 2007/8/9 21:38
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/29 4:06
Group:
Banned
Quote:

karindiann wrote: Perhaps the babies that like them are just right-brained, visual learners? From what I have heard, not all babies like or pay attention to the videos.

When watching the Baby Bach video millions and millions of times, my daughter particularly liked the marching robots, the spinning cat and the skating figurines, but she thought the cloth dragon puppet that went "blah!" was a little too intense.

Posted on: 2007/8/9 20:27

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/31 12:12
Group:
Registered Users
That was my daughter exactly! I would put in a baby einstein dvd so I could take a shower. The funny thing to me, though, is that they measured the babies understanding of words -- from what I remember, those dvd's don't have any words in them, only images and music. Why didn't they measure the baby's understanding of Mozart and Bach? Seriously, the baby einstein dvds seem to be geared more towards "right brain" activities (music and visual development). Perhaps the babies that like them are just right-brained, visual learners? From what I have heard, not all babies like or pay attention to the videos.

Posted on: 2007/8/9 16:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/29 4:06
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Australian wrote:
Warning for parents?

My concern about these studies is that they seem to assume that parents are foolish enough to expect the videos to be educational.

When we used them, it was so that we could buy some time we could use to make dinner without my daughter being miserable.

So, comparing all babies who watch baby videos with those who don't isn't very useful. That kind of study might include many mellow babies who would play cheerfully in a playpen if their parents didn't turn on the TV. Obviously, it's foolish of the parents of mellow babies to turn on the TV.

The useful comparison ought to involve "high needs" babies who are happy while watching TV but otherwise really hate to be anywhere but in their parents' arms or in a sling or baby carrier.

Scientists ought to have one group of parents pacify the high needs babies by turning on Baby Einstein while cooking, one group turn on some junk commercial TV show, such as Power Rangers, and one group simply let their babies scream bloody murder in a crib. My guess is that the study would find that the best developed babies would be the ones watching the scandalously junky TV, but you never know.

Posted on: 2007/8/9 15:50

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/2/3 12:11
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2007/8/9 14:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JSalt wrote:
I recommend the Baby Eisenstein Film School.

Doesn't Martin Scorsese teach there?

Posted on: 2007/6/20 8:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/10/15 11:49
Group:
Registered Users
I recommend the Baby Eisenstein Film School.

Posted on: 2007/6/20 4:44

Baby Einstein Day Care in the Heights

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/19 14:19
Group:
Registered Users
Anyone have any experience with them? I know there are several day care threads around, but I can't find much/anything about BE in particular. Thanks in advance! Oh, and I'm looking into it for infant care (5-6 month old).

Posted on: 2007/6/20 3:59

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/6/1 17:18
From jc heights
Group:
Registered Users
My son (Hank) is 11 months and is starting full time there next month. He has been going on Fridays for about five months. Since I work from home on Fridays I am able to stop in randomly to pick him up (and check up on the situation). I really like it there - the caregivers are great - conscientious , really seem to love the children and engage them alot. I can't wait until he can start doing yoga with Michelle (so awesome that they do yoga with babies!)

Hank is happy there, although I am nervous about him starting full time(nothing to do with the place though). Not sure what price they are quoting you. I know they charge more if you opt for a lower child to caregiver ratio (3 to 1 vs. 4 to 1). We were going to do that, but decided against for now. You can email me at sam264w@aol.com if you want to chat.

Posted on: 2007/1/25 14:32

Baby Einstein Learning Center?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/19 18:29
Group:
Registered Users
Considering enrolling my son at the Baby Einstein Learning Center in the heights and would like feedback from anyone who had had any experinces with them. It seems awesome just wanting to make sure that it is not too good to be true. Especially since the price that I was quoted is almost as much as the River School.

Posted on: 2007/1/25 4:21

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017