Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 115

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City's Hal Turner -- 'HATE' Radio Host is Hacked.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
'Shock jock' Hal Turner takes final shot at appealing to Supreme Court

By Kathryn Brenzel | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com
October 24, 2014 at 4:47 PM

NORTH BERGEN ? North Bergen 'shock jock' Hal Turner is going rogue.

Turner is taking a final shot at appealing to the U.S. Supreme Court, without his attorney, in an attempt to overturn his conviction for threatening to kill three federal judges in 2009. The Supreme Court rejected his petition earlier this month, prompting Turner to fire one of his attorneys. When his other attorney declined to move forward with the case, Turner fired off his own petition requesting that the Supreme Court reconsider his petition.

?This is my absolute last chance. I cannot let it go by without trying,? he said. "If I have to, I will go forward with this on my own. I am perfectly prepared to argue this before the Supreme Court. I?m right and the government?s wrong.?

The Supreme Court takes on roughly 1 percent of the cases it receives, denying a majority of the writs of certiorari without explanation, according to the court's website. No responses to a petition for a rehearing are filed, unless the court specifically requests it, according to Cornell University's Legal Information Institute. Usually, the court doesn't grant petitions before requesting a response, so that can be a tell-tale sign that a case isn't even being considered.

Read More:
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... e_court.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2014/10/25 5:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/13 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
The only entity that seems to take Turner seriously is the Jersey Journal. The guy is a complete loon who if ignored would crawl back into the woodwork.

Posted on: 2012/10/7 3:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
North Bergen shock jock Hal Turner released from halfway house

October 05, 2012, 11:08 PM
By The Jersey Journal

Internet shock jock Harold "Hal'' Turner of North Bergen, who was convicted of threatening federal judges, has been released from a Newark halfway house, the Record is reporting on its website.

Turner left the facility this morning and now begins a three-year term of supervised release, the paper said.

He had been sentenced in federal court in Brooklyn in 2010 to 33 months in prison.

The case stemmed from the 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruling in 2009 by three judges that upheld a district court decision dismissing lawsuits that challenged handgun bans in Chicago and Oak Park, Ill.

Turner protested the decision with inflammatory remarks posted on the Internet. Prosecutors said he crossed the line by declaring, ``These judges must die.''

Turner had claimed his tirades were protected by the constitutional right to free speech.

Turner made headlines in Hudson County and beyond with his right-wing, anti-Semitic, racist rhetoric on both is Internet radio show and on his blog. He later claimed that the persona was created to root out radical groups such as white supremicists for the federal government.

According to the Record, Turner must remain under house arrest at his North Bergen condo for six months and will only able to leave home for work, medical , religious and legal reasons.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... _shock_jock_hal_tu_1.html

Posted on: 2012/10/7 3:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
North Bergen hate blogger Hal Turner says feds want him to be killed in Indiana prison because he's among "the very terrorists I defended the nation from"

Thursday, May 19, 2011
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Convicted North Bergen Internet shock jock Harold "Hal" Turner, who worked as an informant for the FBI's Joint Terrorism Task Force, says his life has been at risk since being housed with notorious terrorists at a federal prison in Indiana.

"I probably won't even see it coming," said Turner in a letter to The Jersey Journal in which he says he is now one of 38 prisoners housed in the Communication Management Unit in the Terre Haute prison.

"They are facilitating my murder by putting me in the direct physical presence of the very terrorists I defended the nation from," Turner said.

Inmates in the CMU face severe restrictions on their ability to communicate with the outside world.

A federal Bureau of Prisons spokesman confirmed Turner has been moved to the Terre Haute prison, but said the BOP does not release information on the specific unit in which a prisoner is housed.

Asked if Turner was in danger, the spokesman said: "All inmates in the custody of the BOP are designated at facilities, housing units and management programs consistent with the inmate's security needs."

Turner was convicted in August of threatening to kill three Chicago judges through comments and photos on his Internet blog site and was sentenced to three years in prison. That conviction came after his third trial on the charges. The first two trials ended with deadlocked juries.

He has charges pending in Connecticut for allegedly encouraging violence against state lawmakers there.

At trial, Turner said the FBI approached him in 2003 and persuaded him to be a paid informant on domestic terrorism issues because rabid commentaries on his Internet radio show made him a magnet for hate groups such as the Aryan Nation, Ku Klux Klan and Nazis.

His FBI handler also testified.

Posted on: 2011/5/19 8:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
If we keep accepting everything how will we know what we don't like ?

Posted on: 2009/12/3 17:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Christie gets subpoena for Turner trial

Thursday, December 03, 2009

NEW BRUNSWICK - New Jersey's governor-elect has been subpoenaed to testify in the trial of a blogger accused of threatening judges and lawmakers in two states.

Gov.-elect Chris Christie, the former U.S. Attorney for New Jersey, and the U.S. Attorney's Office in Newark were served this week on behalf of blogger Hal Turner.

Turner was arrested at his New Jersey home in June. Authorities said he posted threats against Connecticut legislators and three federal judges in Illinois.

Turner's attorney claims Christie knew Turner was working for the FBI and issued a letter declining to prosecute him.

Christie says he was served at his home Tuesday morning. He said he forwarded the subpoena to the U.S. Justice Department and will follow its advice on how to proceed.

Posted on: 2009/12/3 16:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
'Hate blogger' probed for alleged Obama threats

Monday, November 23, 2009
CHARLES HACK
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

North Bergen hate blogger Harold "Hal" Turner, accused of threatening lawmakers and judges, was also investigated for talking about assassinating President Barack Obama, the New York Post reported Saturday.

According to court papers filed in Brooklyn, the Secret Service investigated Harold "Hal" Turner, 47, but never charged him for threatening Obama, the Post said.

Turner - a former FBI informant - was arrested at his North Bergen home in June after authorities said he posted threats against Connecticut legislators and wrote that three federal judges in Illinois deserved to die.

Turner's attorney Michael Orozco told the Post that the fact that Turner isn't being prosecuted for his comments about the President proves that even incendiary comments about public officials are protected free speech.

Turner was released on bail for a $500,000 bond in October and ordered not to speak to the press or use a computer or any device that can access the Internet.

Orozco could not be reached yesterday.

Posted on: 2009/11/23 12:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Hal Turner is a pig, good riddance!

Posted on: 2008/1/19 14:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
'Hate' rants off the air

Saturday, January 19, 2008

White supremacist shock jock Hal Turner, of North Bergen, announced last week that he was ending his Internet radio show due to a lack of listeners and money.

"The free market votes with its wallet and for seven years this show has struggled to garner new listeners and financial support," Turner wrote on his Web site. "I have grown weary of this battle; my heart just isn't in it anymore."

He also announced his separation from the "pro-white" movement, but then added a day later that he would never "betray" any white supremacists he had met by revealing their identities.

"You will never see me on TV or hear me on radio as some type of pathetic 'reformed' whatever," he wrote.

Still, in a telephone interview this week, Turner expressed a low opinion of the movement.

"The pro-white movement has some good people, but the majority are paranoid, cowardly and back-stabbing," he said. "The seven years I spent trying to fill that niche was a total waste of time and money."

When asked specifically if he is renouncing his ideology, Turner would not comment.

In April 2006, Turner got into a scuffle in front of his Paterson Plank Road condo with former Jersey City Councilman Jaime Vazquez after Vazquez picketed to protest Turner's hiring of an airplane to carry a banner with an anti-Mexican slur over an immigration rights rally in Liberty State Park.

A North Bergen judge dismissed the men's assault claims against each other.

Turner also gained notoriety by making public the home addresses of several state Supreme Court justices in October 2006 after they authorized same-sex civil unions.

In 2005 he was questioned by FBI agents after the husband and mother of U.S. District Judge Joan Humphrey Lefkow - whom Turner had said on his show was "worthy of being killed" - were killed in Chicago.

JOURNAL STAFF

Posted on: 2008/1/19 14:49

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/23 16:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

elgoodo wrote:
Whatever. I'm not losing any sleep that poor Hal Turner can't broadcast his message of violence and hatred for a few days. I'm not losing any sleep that this will cost him money. If any of you guys wanna contribute to a fund to get his website up and running again in the name of free speech, more power to ya. Just don't ask me to contribute.

Hear hear! elgoodo said it better than I can what I feel about this. I know hacking into his site is a crime, but it's one that I'm just not worrying over. I don't think is some systematic attack on free speech. It's just one of those feel-good crimes.

Posted on: 2007/1/8 20:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/3/8 22:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Ross_Ewage wrote:
Quote:

elgoodo wrote:
i don't find anything particularly funny about a guy who openly incites others to commit murder.

Which, from what I understand, is a much more serious crime than website-hacking.

So why hasn't the FBI picked him up?

Hal Turner is despicable to be sure, but he still has 1st amendment rights.

If CivicJC or JClist were being hacked by the HCDO (assuming they could find a no-bid contractor to do it), this would be the DoS story of the decade. But because it's some racist scumbag, it's ok?

Sorry folks, it doesn't work that way.

I didn't mean to say that what Hal Turner is doing was a crime. I don't know for sure if it is or it isn't, but I know that it probably is not. I said that MURDER was a crime - that he openly incites other to commit murder, which is obviously a far more serious offense than website hacking. I apologize if my phrasing was a little confusing.

Whatever. I'm not losing any sleep that poor Hal Turner can't broadcast his message of violence and hatred for a few days. I'm not losing any sleep that this will cost him money. If any of you guys wanna contribute to a fund to get his website up and running again in the name of free speech, more power to ya. Just don't ask me to contribute.

Posted on: 2007/1/8 19:38

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/19 21:53
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

elgoodo wrote:
i don't find anything particularly funny about a guy who openly incites others to commit murder.

Which, from what I understand, is a much more serious crime than website-hacking.

So why hasn't the FBI picked him up?

Hal Turner is despicable to be sure, but he still has 1st amendment rights.

If CivicJC or JClist were being hacked by the HCDO (assuming they could find a no-bid contractor to do it), this would be the DoS story of the decade. But because it's some racist scumbag, it's ok?

Sorry folks, it doesn't work that way.

Posted on: 2007/1/8 19:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
HaHa - yeah made my day too!

He had to move his website and now faces large costs for increased bandwidth!

========================
from his new site
========================
http://turnerradionetwork.blogspot.com/

"We have moved our site here to Blogspot to thwart
ongoing Denial of Service (DOS) attacks against
our web server."

"By using this blog, we are preventing
people from attacking our server and
bankrupting us with increased bandwidth
costs."
==============================
HaHa
more info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hal_Turner
http://www.splcenter.org/intel/intelreport/article.jsp?aid=559
http://www.adl.org/learn/news/Suprem_Urge_Bomb.asp

Posted on: 2007/1/8 16:00

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/23 16:05
Group:
Registered Users
I read this on nj.com this morning when I got in. It made my day.

Posted on: 2007/1/8 15:34

Jersey City's Hal Turner -- 'HATE' Radio Host is Hacked.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
'HATE' HOST IS HACKED
Monday, January 08, 2007
By ALI WINSTON
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Hal Turner's site under 'attack'

A band of Internet hackers have crashed the Web site of North Bergen white supremacist Hal Turner and blocked his Internet radio broadcasts.

Automated programs - set up by a group of people identifying themselves as "/b/tards" - have sent an avalanche of Internet traffic to Turner's Web site, overloading the Web server. The tactic is known as a "denial of service" attack.

An anonymous message posted Wednesday afternoon on Turner's site read: "We're all just using our free time to attack your site - losing no money and having lots of fun bothering a person selected randomly off the Internet."

The poster claims the attacks aren't associated with the aggressively racist content of Turner's programs: "The invasion has and always will be for the laughs. We don't care about the content - we just need something to fill all the spare time we have."

But several other white supremacist Web sites, including the widely used Web forum Stormfront, also have experienced similar attacks recently.

Turner, a native of Jersey City, still posts on what he calls a "highly content-restricted" blog at Blogspot.com, where he has railed against the hackers and exchanged barbs with them. On Dec. 31, he wrote, "I am, as of now, DEFEATED. My entire existence on the Internet has been utterly wrecked."

But then on Thursday, Turner posted a message claiming his main site was running again and that he had blocked subscribers to Internet providers AT&T and Verizon from his Web site in an effort to prevent more attacks.

As of last night, however, Turner's site - www.halturnershow.com - was still unavailable.

Turner, whose short-wave radio show broadcasting from a Maine radio station ended in 2004, regularly rails against minorities, immigrants and homosexuals. He has advocated violence against these groups and has been profiled by anti-racist watchdogs such as the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Government officials are also a favored target - recently Turner advocated the assassination of any member of Congress who supports amnesty for illegal immigrants.

He made headlines this summer after hiring a plane to fly a message with an anti-Mexican slur over a pro-immigrant march in Liberty State Park.

That same incident prompted former Jersey City Deputy Mayor Jaime Vazquez to protest in front of Turner's home. When Turner confronted Vazquez, each accused the other of simple assault, but a judge dismissed the charges against each.

Posted on: 2007/1/8 14:25

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017