Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: West Side Ave: Gang of four boys viciously assault a 64-year-old man -- one 16-year-old boy arrested
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/18 14:49
From heights
Group:
Registered Users
eggz,
I'm impressed to see you admit to having a mr. softie. boys are usually much more defensive than that.

Posted on: 2006/11/16 20:20

Re: West Side Ave: Gang of four boys viciously assault a 64-year-old man -- one 16-year-old boy arrested
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/16 4:48
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ErinMaiden wrote:
ah my bad, i read it wrong.

too bad you can't do anything to these kids, and b/c of that, it will continue. soon we'll be reading about 6 year olds sticking up adults for their mr softies.

Yo, a 6 year old tries holdin' me up, man, I'd kick the hell outta a 6 year old!!

Posted on: 2006/11/16 19:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From heights
Group:
Registered Users
ah my bad, i read it wrong.

too bad you can't do anything to these kids, and b/c of that, it will continue. soon we'll be reading about 6 year olds sticking up adults for their mr softies.

Posted on: 2006/11/16 19:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/1 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
i've had enough of this.

anyone ever seen the first Jackass movie? remember when Johnny Knocksville has that police officer shoot him in the stomach with that bean bag "bullet" from the shotgun, and immediately after he gets hit, he doubled over in pain and collapsed to the ground?

Well, I call a motion. I motion that we ask cops to patrol the streets with those bean bag guns, fully automatic, and the minute somebody so much as steals a F@#$ing pack of gum, you light 'em up like a candle with 50 rounds, no questions asked. Maybe have gunners on roof tops of every street corner. Go ahead, mug somebody, and get enough welts on your body that you won't even be able to lay down to sleep at night. Also, as they're lying on the ground, wimpering in pain, spray them with skunk extract. This way they will have to deal with the embarrassment when they walk into school the next day, covered in huge welts, stinkin' like skunk funk.

Save the drama for your momma, kid.

God damn it, I'm bitter.

Posted on: 2006/11/16 19:05

Re: West Side Ave: Gang of four boys viciously assault a 64-year-old man -- one 16-year-old boy arre
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
A crime is a crime and all are counted the same way, whether or not they were commited by someone underage. Underage people get off easier but the crime is still counted in the statistics the same way.

And yes that is crazy if they have the cops wait for the dumb parents -- they should do city wide sweeps in some type a large van (like the vans that go up Newark Avenue) and they should drop these "children" off to whatever precinct they pass -- make the parents go to "wherever" to get their kids back -- who cares if they are inconvenience.

Quote:

ErinMaiden wrote:

If the juvies aren't counted in the crime rates, then i don't want to read another damn crime statistic, because they're irrelevant. These "kids" are a major contributor to the crime in our neighborhoods.

Honestly walking home, its the group of 10 15year olds that scare me more than a random crack head. At least i know with a crack head i can bust out my bob and weave moves and allude him, not so w/ a "gang" of 15.

thats why i roll w/ a roll of quarters in my jacket pocket

Posted on: 2006/11/16 18:36

Re: West Side Ave: Gang of four boys viciously assault a 64-year-old man -- one 16-year-old boy arre
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/29 4:06
Group:
Banned
Quote:

ECH wrote:

I used to have to wait at nite for the bus outside
Jersey City State College, where I worked for the
art department, and it was as spooky as words
could describe. The non-college locals wandering
up and down the dark boulevard redefine scary.

I think that's one reason why the police were a bit slow to react when we started complaining about the crime wave downtown in the spring.

To us, it was obvious that the kids were getting out of hand.

But cops who are used to patrolling in some neighborhoods are probably used to such a higher level of obvious criminality that they don't even notice that Downtown has problems, too. A bad day Downtown is like the best possible day around the Martin Luther King Jr. Drive light rail stop, for example.

Posted on: 2006/11/16 18:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From heights
Group:
Registered Users
i asked the same question "what about the curfew laws" at neighborhood/police meeting a month ago in the heights. Apparently you only get 1 curfew van per district. so they go out, round up 5 kids, bring them back to the station. Instead of letting a cop at the precinct write them up and wait for the parents, the driving cops have to do it. The cops said sometimes it takes hours to get ahold of the parents (why am i not shocked). So basically its all bullshit. you can round up about 5 per night.

If the juvies aren't counted in the crime rates, then i don't want to read another damn crime statistic, because they're irrelevant. These "kids" are a major contributor to the crime in our neighborhoods.

Honestly walking home, its the group of 10 15year olds that scare me more than a random crack head. At least i know with a crack head i can bust out my bob and weave moves and allude him, not so w/ a "gang" of 15.

thats why i roll w/ a roll of quarters in my jacket pocket

Posted on: 2006/11/16 18:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Not just downtown but everywhere in Jersey City crime overall has fallen but the percentage of crimes by juveniles ( gang thugs ) has gone way up.

Quote:

soshin wrote:
... all the stories in this thread concern crimes commited by Juvvies, I seem to remember the JCPD was trumping falling crime numbers EXCEPT when juvvies are involved. If this is the case then my question is why is the JCPD not STRICTLY enforcing curfew laws which are already on the book?

As I said in another related thread.

If gangs like the Latin Kings and the Bloods are a new problem in New Jersey than perhaps lawmakers should look at ways Chicago, which has long been plagued with these gangs, has attempted to deal with these gangs. Gangs bring in members very early -- often pre-teen.

http://gangresearch.net/GangResearch/Policy/law.html
=====================================
Chicago's Gang Loitering Ordinance
=====================================
(an overview by Ana Petrovic)

In the early 1990s, the City of Chicago held several public hearings concerning the influence of gangs in Chicago neighborhoods. Community residents testified that gangs loitered in order to claim territory, recruit new members, as well as intimidate other residents and rival gangs.

Consequently, on June 17, 1992, the City of Chicago passed the Chicago?s Gang Congregation Ordinance. This ?gang loitering? ordinance basically enabled a police officer to order a group of two or more people to disperse from a public place if the police officer believed that one of these people was a criminal street gang member. Any person who disobeyed such orders could be jailed for up to six months and fined up to $500. On August 8, 1992, the Chicago Police Department promulgated General Order No. 92-4: a set of guidelines for enforcing the ordinance. During the three years the ordinance was enforced, 89,000 dispersal orders were issued and 42,000 individuals were arrested.

Jesus Morales was one of those 42,000 individuals arrested under this law. Morales, along with many others arrested for violating the ordinance, challenged the law with the aid of the Illinois Chapter of American Civil Liberties Union and the Cook County Public Defender on the grounds that the law violated the First, Fourth, Eighth, and Fourteenth Amendments of the Constitution. The case entitled City of Chicago v. Morales faced the Illinois appellate court, the Illinois Supreme Court, and the U.S. Supreme Court. The U.S. Supreme Court ruled the ordinance was unconstitutional because it violated the vagueness doctrine of the Fourteenth Amendment and substantive due process. In other words, the ordinance failed to adequately notify citizens of what conduct is prohibited, and it allowed for arbitrary and discriminatory enforcement by the police. More specifically, the Court determined the ordinance?s definition of loitering of: ?to remain in any one place with no apparent purpose? as too vague.

On February 16, 2000, the City of Chicago passed a revised version of the 1992 gang loitering ordinance. The revisions aimed to eliminate the unconstitutional elements found in the original ordinance. Therefore, the new gang loitering ordinance changed its definition of loitering to: ?remaining in any one place under circumstances that would warrant a reasonable person to believe that the purpose or effect of that behavior is to enable a criminal street gang to establish control over identifiable areas, to intimidate others from entering these areas, or to conceal illegal activities.?

The new ordinance also changed police guidelines for enforcement of the ordinance. These regulations are highlighted in detail in the Chicago Police Department?s General Order No. 00-02. These new set of guidelines provide police with the new definition of loitering, new enforcement procedure, and the selection of designated areas for enforcement. Furthermore, the new ordinance only calls for enforcement of the ordinance in ?hot spots? of the city, which are ultimately determined by the Superintendent of the Police. These designated areas are only disclosed to Police Department members, the City of Chicago Department of Law, and the Municipal Prosecutions Division. These revisions have raised a major controversy over whether or not they alleviate or escalate arbitrary and discriminatory enforcement.

http://gangresearch.net/GangResearch/Policy/law.html

Posted on: 2006/11/16 17:44

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/18 15:05
From John Wilkes Park
Group:
Registered Users
Westside Ave runs by Lincoln Park and like all streets in JC there are good bits and bad bits. Near Gauthier and the park is okay, go two blocks the other way to Duncan and it gets iffy.

Where this happened is just over Cumminpaw and it is iffy there too.

Anyway, all the stories in this thread concern crimes commited by Juvvies, I seem to remember the JCPD was trumping falling crime numbers EXCEPT when juvvies are involved. If this is the case then my question is why is the JCPD not STRICTLY enforcing curfew laws which are already on the book?

Posted on: 2006/11/16 17:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Westside is not in the Hieghts.

Posted on: 2006/11/16 17:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/20 16:31
Group:
Registered Users
It's a jungle on those avenues in the Heights. Everyone should stay off them, if they possibly can.

I used to have to wait at nite for the bus outside
Jersey City State College, where I worked for the
art department, and it was as spooky as words
could describe. The non-college locals wandering
up and down the dark boulevard redefine scary.

Posted on: 2006/11/16 17:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I also skipped this one

------------------------------------------

15-year-old is ID'd as vicious mugger
Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Jersey City police arrested a 15-year-old boy on robbery charges after he was found with a woman's wallet.

When asked where he got it, police reports said the Orient Avenue teen-ager replied: "We just took it from some chick on Forrest (Street)."

Police, investigating reports of drug use in a Forrest Street building on Sunday evening, saw the boy standing in a hallway holding a cigar.

Cops asked the boy if he was old enough to smoke, then noticed three credit cards on the ground and a woman's wallet bulging from his shirt pocket which contained a driver's license, more credit cards and various paperwork belonging to a woman who had been robbed minutes earlier, police said.

The boy also had her cell phone and $102 in cash, police said.

When asked where he got the wallet, the boy reportedly admitted stealing it from the woman, reports said. He was taken to the Juvenile Bureau, where the victim identified him as one of two boys who violently robbed her, reports said.

MICHAELANGELO CONTE

Posted on: 2006/11/16 16:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/12 21:56
Group:
Registered Users
You missed this one. WTF is wrong with people?

Boys caught hitting woman with folding chair
Cops arrested three boys -- two 13-year-olds and a 12-year-old -- after they began beating a 35-year-old woman with a metal folding chair, reports said.

Plainclothes cops assigned to the area of Union Street and West Side Avenue in response to a recent spate of robberies in the area observed a group of four young men, one carrying a metal folding chair, at Kennedy Boulevard and Union Street last night around 10:30 p.m.

The boys surrounded a woman, who said, "You don't know me, what are you doing this for?" At that point, one boy hit her with the metal chair, police said.

The plainclothes cops immediately intervened and the boys ran. Three of the boys were caught and arrested, but the fourth got away, police said.

The three boys were charged with robbery and aggravated assault, police said.

Ali Winston

Posted on: 2006/11/16 16:50
"Someday a book will be written on how this city can be broke in the midst of all this development." ---Brewster

Oh, wait, there is one: The Jersey Sting.

West Side Ave: Gang of four boys viciously assault a 64-year-old man -- one 16-year-old boy arrested
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Nab boy, 16, in vicious assault
Thursday, November 16, 2006

A 16-year-old Jersey City boy has been charged with attacking a 64-year-old man who suffered fractures to his nose, eye socket and facial bones as well as a possibly neck injury during the Tuesday evening assault.

At 5:28 p.m., Officer Joseph Walsh was at the corner of Union Street and West Side Avenue when he saw one of four boys punch the victim in the face, knocking him face-first to the sidewalk.

The boy ran when he saw Walsh approaching, police said.

Minutes later, at Clinton Street and West Side Avenue, a resident gave Walsh and his partner the boy's name and address. The cops also went into a nearby store and viewed security video showing the four boys walking past the shop two minutes before the attack, reports said.

MICHAELANGELO CONTE

Posted on: 2006/11/16 15:18

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017