Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 105

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: COMPSTAT: Violent crime down in ALL of Jersey City from 2005 to 2006 -- but crime by Juveniles i
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/5/16 16:22
From beneath the jumping sheep
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:

Jersey City needs to think out of the box -- I also think we need free city wide wi-fi!

GP, you might get your wish sooner than you think!

Posted on: 2006/11/11 4:53

Re: COMPSTAT: Violent crime down in ALL of Jersey City from 2005 to 2006 -- but crime by Juveniles is up
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2006/12/10 5:50
Group:
Registered Users
This doesn't mean crime is necessarily up. It could just mean that new policies are enabling more of these kids to be caught than on Troy's watch. I for one am pretty happy so far with the new Chief. Next summer will be the real test.

Posted on: 2006/11/11 0:21

Re: COMPSTAT: Violent crime down in ALL of Jersey City from 2005 to 2006 -- but crime by Juveniles is up

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/7/1 16:19
Group:
Banned
these belligerent punks need to be caned and whipped into law abiding people, if their parents don't teach them how to be a normal person, somebody else has to.

Posted on: 2006/11/10 23:58

Re: COMPSTAT: Violent crime down in ALL of Jersey City from 2005 to 2006 -- but crime by Juveniles i
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/6/1 2:41
Group:
Banned
Interesting. I would've thought that with school starting, juvenile offenses would drop (at least, slightly).

I suppose if you pair up poor supervision, bad attitudes, and the nicer weather we've had, that would (help) account for this disturbing trend.

Posted on: 2006/11/10 20:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
I agree that there should be more activities for youth -- I also think way too much money goes to organized sports -- it is one thing to get kids playing sports but quite another to spend a lot of money to support teams with few players.

Money should be spent on intellectual activities -- not on spectator sports. They waste tons of money!

Also all city libraries should be open nights till 9:30 pm and open long hours on weekends too -- who uses libraries on weekday mornings anyway?

Jersey City needs to think out of the box -- I also think we need free city wide wi-fi!

Posted on: 2006/11/10 20:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
I think more should be done to help prevent juvenile crime, a good part of the blame is on parents but not all. Other factors I believe contribute to juvenile crimes are bad school systems and not enough activities to keep the youth off the street. These young criminals are going to be the next wave of adult crime. I think measures should be taken to prevent kids from thinking like criminals. The cities highschools I feel are a big part of the problem they treat the kids like criminals from day one then they start acting the way they are treated. Schools should have programs that prepare students for the real world (how pay taxes, pay bills, vote etc.) Jersey City also needs recreation centers in all different neighborhoods to keep kids busy and off the streets.

Posted on: 2006/11/10 19:55

COMPSTAT: Violent crime down in ALL of Jersey City from 2005 to 2006 -- but crime by Juveniles is up
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Juvenile crimes way up
Friday, November 10, 2006
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Jersey City police are monitoring a dramatic spike in juvenile crime over the past two months.

"We have seen an increase that is concerning me, and through COMPSTAT we have been better able to put our resources where we can attempt to deal with it," said Police Chief Tom Comey, referring to the department's computerized crime tracking system.

There were 144 juvenile arrests in the city last month, compared to only 76 in the same period last year, Capt. Hugh Donaghue said, and 102 juvenile arrests in September, compared to only 57 during that period in 2005.

The numbers from August and July, on the other hand, are only up slightly from the previous year: There were 79 juveniles arrested this August, compared to 77 last year, and 82 in July, compared to 74 in 2005.

A number of recent incidents illustrate a surge in criminal activity by young people.

On Monday at 6 p.m., officers said they spotted a group of 10 boys standing at the corner of Grant and West Side avenues. Police followed them until they surrounded and attacked a 14-year-old boy, knocking him to the ground and searching his pockets. The boys ran when the cops intervened, but they caught and arrested a 14-year-old and a 12-year-old on robbery charges, reports said.

And on Saturday, police arrested a 13-year-old boy who had mugged another boy, and in another incident found three teen-agers who'd been shot in the legs during a fight at Atlantic Avenue and Martin Luther King Jr. Drive.

But statistics show most types of crime are down in Jersey City, Donaghue said.

From January to September, there were 4,328 violent incidents reported in Jersey City, compared to 4,528 in 2005, Donaghue said.

Posted on: 2006/11/10 18:29

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017