Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
134 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 134

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Fight over closed area of Washington Street, now includes claim of racism by Paulus Hook Association
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/9 13:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCReporter wrote:

The resolution will allow car access to the memorial from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and the installation of nine parking spots adjacent to the memorial, three of those for handicapped visitors.

Also, there are plans for Morris Canal Park, a state park, to be conveyed to the city for public use.

Can we get the state to take over Hamilton Park?

Could the streets that circle the park (Hamilton) be made available after 8 pm for us park facing residents? If so, I will definately go out and buy myself an SUV!!!

Posted on: 2007/1/7 20:33

Re: Fight over closed area of Washington Street, now includes claim of racism by Paulus Hook Associa
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/29 4:06
Group:
Banned
Quote:

CRV2 wrote:
Now there is no need to be insulting Fat-Ass-Bile. You sound like a very angry person. You might want to see a professional about that.

Is Sesame Street the best you can do?

Maybe Fat-Ass's tone is kind of harsh, but the monument park is about 1.5 short blocks from the Essex Street light rail stop.

If you live in the Heights, you can go to the Congress Street light rail elevator, then take the West Side light rail line (I think -- could be 22nd Street; the one that doesn't say Hoboken) to the Essex Street stop. Walk west (away from the Hudson River) to Washington, then walk south (toward the Statue of Liberty) till you see a monument.

Alternative, if you're far from Congress Street: park at the Liberty State Park light rail parking lot, then take any Hoboken or Tonnelle train to Essex Street.

I don't recall the exact language of your comment, but I think you pushed a hot button here, because other people who've made similar comments have tried to paint this situation as being an example of some kind of war by rich Paulus Hook people against the poor, downtrodden SUV owners from the rest of Jersey City.

That whole line of argument (which I think you actually avoided) really raises the hackles of Jersey City residents like me who don't have cars.

Posted on: 2007/1/7 19:22

Re: Fight over closed area of Washington Street, now includes claim of racism by Paulus Hook Associa
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Of course I'm angry - its my tax money being wasted on petty crap and self-righteous assholes with a political agenda.

Posted on: 2007/1/7 17:47
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/9/3 18:58
Group:
Registered Users
Now there is no need to be insulting Fat-Ass-Bile. You sound like a very angry person. You might want to see a professional about that.

Is Sesame Street the best you can do?

Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
CRV2, Park your car nearby and walk you lazy ass.
We should be doing everything to reclaim our streets for pedestrian use. I'm off Communipaw Ave - the crap and crime infested end. I wish they would close off a dead-end near me and install basket-ball hoops on the road for kids to use.
My understanding is that this section of dispute is a dead end with NO through traffic.
Bunch of morons who are against a dead end being shut off for PUBLIC NON-VEHICLE use - build some basket-ball hoops and throw in a PUBLIC tennis court, paint some hop-scotch courts on the road or something.

Better still build a mini road network with mini lights, pedestrian crossing and other road hazards and uses for kids on their trikes and bikes to practice on and to learn the road rules on. I recall seeing one on Sesame Street.

The only advantage if its to be opened is parking. Have the first 3 closest parking spots reserved for the handicapped and that's it. As for the rest of you bleeding hearts and lazy people, drag your fat-ass to the park or monument.

Posted on: 2007/1/7 17:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
The argument of public access and use of public roads is all crap. Why do we have neighborhood restrictive parking for 'residents only' on public roads then - why can't I park my Harley on these streets - there PUBLIC too?

Common sense is not so common for morons who oppose the street to be closed - I'm all for restrictive vehicle access in that particular area simply because its a dead end and there are no private properties that need the access.

If the end of Washington St is opened to all traffic and parking, then ALL residential parking only zones should be abolished, so the PUBLIC can park there too.

Posted on: 2007/1/7 16:36
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

glx wrote:
Quote:

Busters_Hand wrote:
Is Sonia Maldonado related to Junior Maldonado?

A) Great Arrested Development reference

B) No, it's been answered like 5 times in this thread alone, there is no relation.

Posted on: 2007/1/7 16:20

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/9/25 18:31
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Busters_Hand wrote:

A) Great Arrested Development reference

B) No, it's been answered like 5 times in this thread alone, there is no relation.

Posted on: 2007/1/7 15:40

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/8/29 21:49
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2007/1/7 15:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/9 13:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Better still build a mini road network with mini lights, pedestrian crossing and other road hazards and uses for kids on their trikes and bikes to practice on and to learn the road rules on. I recall seeing one on Sesame Street.

How about some port-o-potty's for the kids!

Posted on: 2007/1/7 3:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
CRV2, Park your car nearby and walk you lazy ass.
We should be doing everything to reclaim our streets for pedestrian use. I'm off Communipaw Ave - the crap and crime infested end. I wish they would close off a dead-end near me and install basket-ball hoops on the road for kids to use.
My understanding is that this section of dispute is a dead end with NO through traffic.
Bunch of morons who are against a dead end being shut off for PUBLIC NON-VEHICLE use - build some basket-ball hoops and throw in a PUBLIC tennis court, paint some hop-scotch courts on the road or something.

The only advantage if its to be opened is parking. Have the first 3 closest parking spots reserved for the handicapped and that's it. As for the rest of you bleeding hearts and lazy people, drag your fat-ass to the park or monument.

Posted on: 2007/1/7 2:42

Edited by fat-ass-bike on 2007/1/7 3:01:32

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/9/3 18:58
Group:
Registered Users
I moved to JC in 1994 where I rented in the Heights. First thing I did was explore the city. I remember drivnig down Washington St and being very frustrated that I could not go to the end of the street. At that time, there was a lot of construction going on as they were putting up those highrises. But I wanted to know what was at the end of the street.

Years passed and if I found myself down on Washington I still could not get to the end of the street because now it was blocked by bollards.

I never knew that it was an entrance to LIberty State Park and that you could walk to the edge of the water. All these years it was hidden in plain sight.

Well guess what? Today I drove to the end of the street and parked. I looked at the wonderful Korean War Memorial, I walked down to the water and along the paths. It was marvelous.

My impression is the street was closed for the benefit of the local residents only and for no other reason. The street should now remain open to vehicular traffic as it was originally built for. I do not know Sonia nor do I know Steve Fulop (I live in a different Ward) so there is no nepotisim here.

To those who say the area needs open space, that's a crock. The walkways along the river and canal afford PLENTY of OPEN space and there is quite a bit of grass areas. In fact people were playing vollyeball and there was a ton of dogs romping around off leash.

Posted on: 2007/1/7 1:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/3/8 22:08
Group:
Registered Users
I would not vote for Sonia for dog catcher.

Posted on: 2006/12/26 2:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/15 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
To me, at least, it seems clear that Sonia wants to run for Ward E council. Becoming enemies with Fulop and splitting the voter base would be her best way to do this.

I really don't think she cares about the Korean vets any more than Fulop does, her actions are purely politically based.

Posted on: 2006/12/25 22:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

missa wrote:
Quote:

elgoodo wrote:
Stupid question: is Sonia Maldonado related to/married to Junior Maldonado?

i think pink already covered that previously (no). what is important here though is the fact that "those classists" are attempting to starve the baby-bangers. that is good, because one might slip thru the cracks and take my unborn child's spot at yale.

yes, the holiday spirit is warm within our hearts!!!

Maldonado is a common last name, like Smith, Jones etc. There is no relationship other then both live in Ward E.

Posted on: 2006/12/25 14:12

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/4/29 10:29
Group:
Banned
Quote:

elgoodo wrote:

i think pink already covered that previously (no). what is important here though is the fact that "those classists" are attempting to starve the baby-bangers. that is good, because one might slip thru the cracks and take my unborn child's spot at yale.

yes, the holiday spirit is warm within our hearts!!!

Posted on: 2006/12/25 2:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2006/12/25 1:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Does this 'Sonia' work in the area or visit someone on a regular basis in this area of dispute?

Seems like a stupid dispute and the only gain for her is parking. Even our politicians don't fight an issue for this long or use the race card.

Posted on: 2006/12/25 1:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/29 4:06
Group:
Banned
Quote:

NNJR wrote:
Sonia sounds like more of a racist than any of the comments I've seen here, what a nut job.

I guess there is a serious question here about how you go about turning a stretch of road, or the Embankment, or the Reservoir, into a park, but I think the idea of using a conflict over PARKING SPOTS to start some kind of fake class war is really nauseating.

Most of the people involved in this fight have no actual interest in the memorial or the park. They just want to have a place to park when they visit La Rustique or other Paulus Hook establishments.

Maybe someone should open a good pay parking lot around Paulus Hook. But the idea that people are using this battle as some kind of trigger for a fake class war in a city in which thousands of children live in homes with no access to a decent, Shoprite-level supermarket, let alone decent medical care or decent housing, is horrifying.

It seems as if Sonia Maldonado is some rich Newport capitalist who is trying to use the poor people of Jersey City as human shields, or maybe as torpedos.

Posted on: 2006/12/24 23:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/6/1 2:41
Group:
Banned
Quote:

elgoodo wrote:
Quote:

Kindelan wrote:
Quote:

bill wrote:
I just hope when they say its closed at 8pm, they block it off or something. Living in the area, Ihave already seen "insert your fear" people there at night and it would be even worse if a more secluded parking spot was available.

"Insert your fear"----Hey Bill what does that mean?
In fact, please explain the whole sentence because it doesn't make sense.

they've seen heights people there at night? dammit, i told fast eddie to stay away from there.

just kidding. i'm not actually afraid of fast eddie.

You fool! That's just what he wants!

Posted on: 2006/12/24 17:33

Re: Fight over closed area of Washington Stree, now includes claims of racism by Paulus Hook Associa
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/6/1 2:41
Group:
Banned
Quote:

elgoodo wrote:
Quote:

Kindelan wrote:
Quote:

kvtshirt wrote:
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:

The NWA has gotten absolutely desperate and is resorting to slinging mud at people when they don't get their way. It is disgraceful and pathetic.

Straight outta Compton, crazy #OOPS# named Ice Cube
From the gang called Niggaz With Attitudes
When I'm called off, I got a sawed off
Squeeze the trigger, and bodies are hauled off
You too, boy, if ya #OOPS# with me
The police are gonna hafta come and get me
Off yo ass, that's how I'm goin out
For the punk #OOPS#s that's showin out

Eazy is his name and the boy is commin'

Straight outta Compton is a brother that'll smother your mother
and make your sister think I love her
Dangerous--mother#%$#er raisin' hell
and if i ever get caught ...I make bail
see I don't give f&*k, that's the problem
I see a mother$&^%in' cop, I don't doge em
But I'm smart lay low creep a while
and when I see the punk pass....I smile

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xKWaww0RK8A&mode=related&search=

Straight outta Compton, another crazy ass #OOPS#
More punks I smoke, yo, my rep gets bigger
I'm a bad mother#OOPS# and you know this
But the #OOPS# ass #OOPS# don't show this
But I don't give a #OOPS#, I'ma make my snaps
If not from the records, from jackin the crops
Just like burglary, the definition is 'jackin'
And when illegally armed it's called 'packin'
Shoot a mother#OOPS# in a minute
I find a good piece o' #OOPS#, I go up in it
So if you're at a show in the front row
I'm a call you a #OOPS# or dirty-ass ho
You'll probably get mad like a #OOPS# is supposed to
But that shows me, slut, you're composed to
a crazy mutha#OOPS# from tha street
Attitude legit cause I'm tearin up #OOPS#

MC Ren controls the automatic
For any dumb muthafucker that starts static
Not the right hand cause I'm the hand itself
every time I pull a AK off the shelf
The security is maximum and that's a law
R-E-N spells Ren but I'm raw
See, coz I'm the motherfuckin villain
The definition is clear, you're the witness of a killin
that's takin place without a clue
And once you're on the scope, your ass is through
Look, you might take it as a trip
but a nigga like Ren is on a gangsta tip
Straight outta Compton...

Posted on: 2006/12/24 17:18

Re: Fight over closed area of Washington Stree, now includes claims of racism by Paulus Hook Associa
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Better watch out for these guys!

Resized Image

Posted on: 2006/12/24 14:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Kindelan wrote:
Quote:

kvtshirt wrote:
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:

The NWA has gotten absolutely desperate and is resorting to slinging mud at people when they don't get their way. It is disgraceful and pathetic.

Straight outta Compton, crazy #OOPS# named Ice Cube
From the gang called Niggaz With Attitudes
When I'm called off, I got a sawed off
Squeeze the trigger, and bodies are hauled off
You too, boy, if ya #OOPS# with me
The police are gonna hafta come and get me
Off yo ass, that's how I'm goin out
For the punk #OOPS#s that's showin out

Eazy is his name and the boy is commin'

Straight outta Compton is a brother that'll smother your mother
and make your sister think I love her
Dangerous--mother#%$#er raisin' hell
and if i ever get caught ...I make bail
see I don't give f&*k, that's the problem
I see a mother$&^%in' cop, I don't doge em
But I'm smart lay low creep a while
and when I see the punk pass....I smile

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xKWaww0RK8A&mode=related&search=

Straight outta Compton, another crazy ass #OOPS#
More punks I smoke, yo, my rep gets bigger
I'm a bad mother#OOPS# and you know this
But the #OOPS# ass #OOPS# don't show this
But I don't give a #OOPS#, I'ma make my snaps
If not from the records, from jackin the crops
Just like burglary, the definition is 'jackin'
And when illegally armed it's called 'packin'
Shoot a mother#OOPS# in a minute
I find a good piece o' #OOPS#, I go up in it
So if you're at a show in the front row
I'm a call you a #OOPS# or dirty-ass ho
You'll probably get mad like a #OOPS# is supposed to
But that shows me, slut, you're composed to
a crazy mutha#OOPS# from tha street
Attitude legit cause I'm tearin up #OOPS#

Posted on: 2006/12/24 3:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/15 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
Sonia sounds like more of a racist than any of the comments I've seen here, what a nut job.

Posted on: 2006/12/24 2:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Kindelan wrote:
Quote:

bill wrote:
I just hope when they say its closed at 8pm, they block it off or something. Living in the area, Ihave already seen "insert your fear" people there at night and it would be even worse if a more secluded parking spot was available.

they've seen heights people there at night? dammit, i told fast eddie to stay away from there.

just kidding. i'm not actually afraid of fast eddie.

Posted on: 2006/12/24 2:30

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/11 14:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bill wrote:

Posted on: 2006/12/23 22:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
The NWA is not a membership based organization (many non for profits are not). The trustees elect themselves.

There's nothing necessarily wrong with a not-for-profit that doesn't elect its members. Like I said in the past, I am a "member" of the non profit radio station WBGO (88.3 FM. A GREAT jazz station!). I get a little membership card and can use it for discounts at some places. But I can not elect directors or officers of the station.

All the other neighborhood associations in downtown elect their members. NWA doesn't have to. But they should then be upfront about what they are. They are a group of individuals who are promoting their views about matters, not a group that represents the residents of Newport. The Jersey City Landmarks Conservancy does not have "members" either, but we don't purport to speak on behalf of other people (although we regularly do work with neighborhood associations as well as the general public).

I've been banned from the NWA site on three separate occasions for pointing out misrepresentations and factual inaccuracies. I was once banned there for a post on THIS site which Sonia claimed had "provoked" Bright Moments into a response that she deemed offensive against her.

Posted on: 2006/12/23 20:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Korean War vets rejoice over end of long battle
9 parking spaces set for access near memorial
Saturday, December 23, 2006
By KEN THORBOURNE

JOURNALS STAFF WRITER

Korean War veterans in Jersey City were all smiles yesterday, as they celebrated nine newly created parking spaces near the Korean War Memorial at the foot of Washington Street - and the end of a four-year controversy.

For years, the vets themselves could drive up to the memorial and visit. But because the cul-de-sac was closed off - some believe illegally - to the general public, family members and friends could not, veterans said.

Located in front of the Portside apartment complex, the closed-off square block, which also serves as an entrance to the Morris Canal section of Liberty State Park, had also become a treasured swath of open space for Portside residents.

Two months ago, Downtown Councilman Steve Fulop brokered a compromise: Nine parking spaces would be created - three of them for handicapped - which would be accessible every day from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.

"I think it's wonderful," said Ralph Pasqua, president of the Korean War Veterans of Hudson County. "They (the city) did a great job."

But not everyone is satisfied.

Sonia Maldonado, president of the Newport Waterfront Association, has filed a lawsuit against Fulop, accusing him of keeping the street closed to unlimited traffic because he lives nearby.

Posted on: 2006/12/23 13:45

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/13 5:18
Group:
Registered Users
It's amazing how much time and effort Sonia puts into this issue and it's not even near the newport area. There are many issues that concern the newport area and she does NOTHING!!! i.e. Path weekend service, ferry service, high heating bills, parking in the newport area. She does NOTHING except go after Fulop. To read something as slanderous into the public record when she didn't hear it herself. Well, she isn't very bright.

Posted on: 2006/10/30 18:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/19 17:53
Group:
Registered Users
The skinny on this nut job from newport is that she is a stalker.I heard that when she was on good terms with the councilmen she would call ten times a day and get very mad when he sometimes would not pick up the phone.

She is now doing the samething to the mayors office so look for her to start bashing him when they can no longer take it anymore.

NWA website-six people who share one brain and it's defective.

Posted on: 2006/10/29 15:55

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/12/27 15:27
Group:
Registered Users
As far as I can see, Sonia always has her own agenda that is to fight against whatever Councilman Fulop has in his agenda. Perhaps she is planning to run for an office and trying to build her own base from getting involved in different issues.

What interest does she have on this parking issue? She just manipulated a poor old guy for getting involved in this situation.

Looking at her discussion board, she appears to be very manipulating and unstable person. Appears like an adult with the mind of a 10 year old. She thinks she represents a group of people as if she were an elected official while in fact she is just a self-centered self-proclaimed 'leader' wannabe. What makes it worse is to see how brainwashed all the people on her message board are.

Keep up the good work, Mr. Fulop!! Fulop for Mayor!!

Posted on: 2006/10/29 3:23

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017