Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
96 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 96

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8)

Re: Liberty Harbor North
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2007/3/12 19:08

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/5/31 17:13
Group:
Registered Users
reddog - I'm not sure what kind of information you are looking for, but I recently purchased in LHN.
I used a real estate agent, Doug Blum at DeRuggiero in Hoboken as I was looking at various places. He knew just as much at the salesperson at LHN, since he's sat through the sales pitch multiple times with various customers and I was able to get some info from him without the LHN slant that their salespeople put on the development. You can always contact LHN directly (the sales center phone number is on the website) and speak with one of the salespeople - I dealt with Michael Miller and he was great.

Posted on: 2007/3/12 17:20

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/3/15 14:51
Group:
Registered Users
Can anyone share any contact information regarding inquiries into Liberty Harbor North Pre-Construction purchasing? I've been trying to find this info with no luck.

Thanks in advance.

Posted on: 2007/3/12 16:34

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/7/7 14:37
Group:
Registered Users
what are they currently charging per square foot on the condos? have they come up to the new construction averages in downtown's high-end places?

Posted on: 2007/3/1 5:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/20 2:38
Group:
Registered Users
That is excellent advice FAB. The little things you don't see really can add up - I remember I lived in a new "luxury" building once that had cheap PVC (or is it ABS?) plumbing. No leaks or anything, but anyone the neighbor above took a shower or flushed a toilet, the noise was anoyingly loud.

It's so hard to assess these things with new construction (when the building isn't up yet at least), but that checklist is definitely a good start.

Posted on: 2007/3/1 3:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
check-list on any apartment or home you wish to purchase:

Are those appliances energy efficient and rated?

Are the floors cheap parquetry flooring or hardwood floors and do they have any noise dampeners between them and the concrete slab?

Are the doors and skirting boards made from solid timbers or cheap particle board composite? Are the kitchen cabinets and vaniety units made from the same cheap stuff?

Is the heating and cooling units insulated and energy rated?

Double glazing should be standard on all windows. (including balcony glass doors)

Are the walls insulated or have noise proofing qualities?

Gas is cheaper then electricity - is the burners and oven on gas?

With some of the 'expensive' well built apartments they will also insulated / noise proof all the plumbing as well.

What security is in place - lighting around the building, garage, front door with CCTV that you can access / view from your apartment etc.

Are all the common areas built using the same energy efficient equipment and are they using quality fittings and fixtures - including carpets, lighting, heating and cooling, elevators, electric roller doors for the garage etc. If they purcahse and use cheap products that look good but high maintenance, guess who will being paying for repairs or high running costs?

The list is never ending - don't be fooled by cosmetic features. Your goal is to buy a fuel efficent, maintenance free apartment with low overheads for your investment dollar.

PS, Ask if you can get a copy of the plans - you want a copy of what's below, above and next door. You don't want the upstairs laundry to be over your bedroom or the neighbors toilet next to the lounge etc.

Posted on: 2007/3/1 0:36

Edited by fat-ass-bike on 2007/3/1 0:54:26
Edited by fat-ass-bike on 2007/3/1 0:57:50
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Liberty Harbor North

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/7/14 20:01
Group:
Registered Users
I was hoping to get some views on Liberty Harbor North - pros, cons etc.

Thanks.

Posted on: 2007/2/28 21:46

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/4/12 17:07
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
They are mainly on the side streets. About 3 stories high and starting at 1.2 million. Compared to the other developments around JC, Liberty Harbor has lower prices per square footage.

Posted on: 2006/12/23 15:45
"Get me some IAMS beef flavored treats!" YEAH!

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/28 4:27
From H Cove
Group:
Banned
sipowicz always executed "dooz-bag" in the best manner. might have to wear a short sleeve button down to work tomorrow.

Posted on: 2006/12/15 5:53

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/1/19 21:19
Group:
Registered Users
Want Lung Cancer?
Go ahead, spend $500,000 for a home that sits upon millions of tons of buried and highly toxic chromium.

Posted on: 2006/12/14 22:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/15 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
Guess you didn't read far enough, sounded like to me that these were options and not installed by default.

There was also some confusion if there were concrete borders between the units.

Posted on: 2006/12/14 19:09

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/2/14 23:00
Group:
Registered Users
Reading through the posts on the Kannekt board, it seems that all the units in this development come with heavy duty surround sound speaker systems embedded in the walls and ceilings. Doesn't this seem like it would create a nightmare situation as far as noise between units goes?

Posted on: 2006/12/14 19:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/15 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone know if they offer a full single family "brownstone" for sale? Meaning no neighbors above or below, only to the side.

Posted on: 2006/12/10 16:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/5/16 16:22
From beneath the jumping sheep
Group:
Registered Users
As of last week, the prices on the brownstone units are about $465/sq ft, with about $350/mo for monthly maintenance on a 1200 sq ft unit. Not bad at all, compared with the Beacon, Shore Club, Gull Cove, Waldo and Grove pointe. I wasn't too crazy about those units being on Grand Street, though, what with all the noise of traffic and ambulances going to and from the medical center.

Oh, and our agent was a total douchebag. When he wasn't giving us the used car salesman hard sell, he was practically pushed out us out of his office, telling us to "go outside and check out the finishings" so he could call another client during our appointment with him when he learned that a 3BR unit was back on the market. That and he repeatedly ordered us to close his office door while he faked giving us some sort of insider information. Pfffttt.

Quote:

Scottacus wrote:
I visited the other week. I totally agree that the sales pitches were on the crude side--the salespeople totally turned me off. And it's a personal decision whether to buy in a former brownfield site (although there are plenty of former industrial, brownfield properties in Paulus Hook that have sold fine). (I asked to see the brownfield deed notice for Liberty Harbor, and from reading it, apparently the brownfield status is due to an underground gasoline storage tank that was on the site.)

I wouldn't say that the units are expensive--unless they have hiked prices a lot in the past week or two, it seemed like a fair deal at anout $425 per square foot, considering the better-than-average finishes.

$500K-$550K for a 1250 sq-ft 2 bedroom with Viking appliances, a 5-fixture travertine bathroom, and all the technology stuff they give you (home automation, in-ceiling speaker system, etc.) seemed pretty fair to me. I mean, I looked at the Pulte units at Essex and Van Vorst, and they were quite a bit more expensive, especially considering the finishes were only ok (and Pulte had window AC/heat units--why developers use heat pumps for cooling AND heating in new buildings is beyond me).

i think the main downside is that the development is going to take a while to complete, so you will be living in an area with a lot of construction dust and noise. That, and a lot of the units are on Grand St, which is pretty busy.

But if you want a new unit that looks like an old brownstone, I can see how it would be appealing.

Posted on: 2006/12/9 16:31

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/5/31 17:13
Group:
Registered Users
we bought one of the brownstone units for a good price, but every week they are increasing the prices...especially the more sought after units in the brownstones.

we liked the idea of the technology aspect, but we really loved the idea of new construction that looks like it fits within the neighborhood. this development is certainly not perfect...let's face it none of the developments that are being built around here are...but this had a good balance of what we were looking for.

wibbit...there are studios for sale in the larger condo building that are going for around $300k. but we were turned off by the high monthly maintenance fees for the condo building, in the $500 - $600 range. for our 2 bedroom/2 bath in the brownstone, it's only $350 and we still get access to everything in the condo building, like the gym, public party room, etc.

Posted on: 2006/11/27 6:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 3:33
Group:
Banned
do they have any studios for sale around 500 sqf?

Would jumped on this deal a year back, but now am too scared to spend anything more than 200k with the way the market is going.

Posted on: 2006/11/25 3:48

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2006/12/10 5:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Scottacus wrote:

I wouldn't say that the units are expensive--unless they have hiked prices a lot in the past week or two, it seemed like a fair deal at anout $425 per square foot, considering the better-than-average finishes.

$500K-$550K for a 1250 sq-ft 2 bedroom with Viking appliances, a 5-fixture travertine bathroom, and all the technology stuff they give you (home automation, in-ceiling speaker system, etc.) seemed pretty fair to me. .

Scott, you're going to be labeled an RE troll by some on this site given how few post you have but thanks for the info. $425 a square foot. Damn, Mocco is going to put the Beacon out of business. I think the Beacon is asking closer to $500+ per these days? Granted, nice architecture but given where we are in the cycle that area is going to take another 5-10 years to feel worth it.

Posted on: 2006/11/22 23:49

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/12/27 15:27
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Scottacus wrote:
That chromium document is really interesting--it looks like Gull's Cove is on top of a large former chromium site, although some of Libarty Harbor (except for the block closest to Gull's Cove) seems not to be a former site.

Interesting it wasn't in the deed notice.

Actually, that vacant corner lot (the large chromium site in the study) east of the Boys & Girls Club is part of Liberty Harbor North. Gull's Cove is south of that site and was not included in the study at all.

Currently they are selling parcels a few blocks west from that site which were included in the study. That's probably why there is no deed notice perhaps not directly on the site.

Interesting

Posted on: 2006/11/16 1:22

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/1 22:18
Group:
Registered Users
If I recall correctly, I think Liberty Harbor North is a timber frame building. That makes it a non runner for me.

Posted on: 2006/11/16 0:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/15 13:56
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JCmania wrote:
I wouldn't be concerned with brownfield status originating from spill from underground gas storage tank but chromium???

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/dsr/chromi ... rveillance-appendices.pdf

Basically, the whole section of Grand St that is being built is included in that report, including the Sales Office and Medical Center.

I heard they will be including free nose swabs and urine testing at contract signing to get a baseline.

Posted on: 2006/11/15 23:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
That chromium document is really interesting--it looks like Gull's Cove is on top of a large former chromium site, although some of Libarty Harbor (except for the block closest to Gull's Cove) seems not to be a former site.

Interesting it wasn't in the deed notice.

Posted on: 2006/11/15 21:49

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I wouldn't be concerned with brownfield status originating from spill from underground gas storage tank but chromium???

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/dsr/chromi ... rveillance-appendices.pdf

Basically, the whole section of Grand St that is being built is included in that report, including the Sales Office and Medical Center.

Posted on: 2006/11/15 21:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I buried it somewhere in my post, but from looking at their deed notice when I visited, there was an underground gasoline storage tank on the site at some point. They obviously removed the tank, and apparently also capped the area with a foot of concrete replaced all of the soil around it, and are required to have an environmental site survey done every year.

Other properties in JC have similar situations--a number in Paulus Hook in particular have had chromium in the soil. Heck, even in Hoboken the Maxwell Place development has a deed notice for benzene in the soil. That said, obviously everyone has a different comfort level with these things.

(BTW, just about any former drycleaners, gas station, car service shop, etc is considered a brownfield--what matters is not the designation but of course what toxic substances were on the site and how they have been remediated.)

Posted on: 2006/11/15 20:29

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/4/20 20:58
Group:
Registered Users
Im not too concerned about construction as I have been in the middle of three huge projects the last 6 months - Do we have details on what type of brownfield it is/ what was done?

Posted on: 2006/11/15 20:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I visited the other week. I totally agree that the sales pitches were on the crude side--the salespeople totally turned me off. And it's a personal decision whether to buy in a former brownfield site (although there are plenty of former industrial, brownfield properties in Paulus Hook that have sold fine). (I asked to see the brownfield deed notice for Liberty Harbor, and from reading it, apparently the brownfield status is due to an underground gasoline storage tank that was on the site.)

$500K-$550K for a 1250 sq-ft 2 bedroom with Viking appliances, a 5-fixture travertine bathroom, and all the technology stuff they give you (home automation, in-ceiling speaker system, etc.) seemed pretty fair to me. I mean, I looked at the Pulte units at Essex and Van Vorst, and they were quite a bit more expensive, especially considering the finishes were only ok (and Pulte had window AC/heat units--why developers use heat pumps for cooling AND heating in new buildings is beyond me).

i think the main downside is that the development is going to take a while to complete, so you will be living in an area with a lot of construction dust and noise. That, and a lot of the units are on Grand St, which is pretty busy.

But if you want a new unit that looks like an old brownstone, I can see how it would be appealing.

Posted on: 2006/11/15 19:46

Edited by Scottacus on 2006/11/15 20:20:05

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Very expensive considering location and brownfield status. Exterior and appliances are nice but layout is so so.

The sales pitches are pretty similar to a car dealer. Lots of pressures but very crude not sophisticated. That also reminds me of Liberty Terrace but Judi was very honest and upfront so I respect her.

Posted on: 2006/11/15 15:37

Edited by JCmania on 2006/11/15 16:32:21

Liberty Harbor
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/4/20 20:58
Group:
Registered Users
Has anyone gone and checked out the sales office? Opinions/thoughts/concerns etc - How are layouts/prices/amenities

Posted on: 2006/11/15 14:47

Edited by Webmaster on 2009/9/19 6:05:25

Re: Liberty Harbor
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/2/3 12:11
Group:
Registered Users
I agree Alan, Liberty Marina is a gold mine - actually anything alongside the light rail especially near the Marina.

If I didn't have assets in Australia, I'd have a serious look at property or land south of Grand St from Paulus Hook right around that follows the light rail to Liberty Park Station (Light-rail). I think the Marina area is under-rated and once the Hotel is built between the Marina and the light rail station at Marin Blvd it will create another 'spike' in prices for the area.

I do understand the soil in those parts is toxic, but the way development is happening here (with all the cranes overhead) I would take the gamble so long as new 'toxic' proof piping was installed for water. People will always live anywhere if the conditions suit them.

This immediate area also has a relatively new hospital and primary school which has its benefits for investors and from what I see, these new buildings going up will be nothing like the highrise 'pigeon hole' apartments of Newport.
(I have little doubt that the developers will include a dog run for the area also)

Posted on: 2006/10/8 12:55

Liberty Harbor
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/8/19 1:13
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/08/rea ... jzo.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Here's an interesting article about Liberty Harbor. IMEO, this is the project that will put Downtown on the map as a place to live. Interestingly, the article does not mention the fact that the light rail runs through the project and will make this development very accesible. Some of the brick row houses you can see along Grand look pretty interesting- the great grandchildren of the ones in the Historic Districts with some obvious non-relatives scattered around for variety. My recollection is that the main street will have apartments above shops - maybe this will become the retail drag many of us hope Newark Avenue will become. If Brooklyn gets AY and we get LH, both massive projects, I think we will have gotten the better deal.

Posted on: 2006/10/8 11:56
Yes,we have no bananas.
(Silver & Cohn, 1923)

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact