Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 106

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 ... 8 »

Re: Libetry harbor North
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/4 14:44
Group:
Registered Users
I would also like to know this, last I heard it was expected in June 2014.

Posted on: 2014/11/11 21:43

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/4 22:33
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Conformist wrote:
This has been in the pipeline for a long time. Once 18 Park opens, they'll start demolition on the old Boys and Girls Club (which is moving to 18 Park), and then this will go up.

Anyone have any idea when this project will resume? It looks like the boys and girls club has moved on over to 18park?any word on the demo timeframe of the old boys and girls club building?

Posted on: 2014/11/11 2:57

Anyone that owns in Liberty Harbor looking to sell?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/4/17 3:02
From JC waterfront
Group:
Registered Users
Looking 2 bedrooms in LH - send me some details.

Thanks....

Posted on: 2014/4/7 2:10

Re: Liberty Harbor
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/9 22:13
Group:
Registered Users
Sounds like it's going to be a construction zone around abbondanza for a while. Wonder how that's going to affect business...

Posted on: 2014/4/6 3:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/30 14:17
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
This has been in the pipeline for a long time. Once 18 Park opens, they'll start demolition on the old Boys and Girls Club (which is moving to 18 Park), and then this will go up.

Posted on: 2014/4/5 23:05

Libetry harbor North
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Joshua, chapter 7, verse 23: and another tower shall rise in Jersey City.

I'm surprised at how tall this is.

http://newyorkyimby.com/neighborhoods/jersey-city

Resized Image

Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/4/5 21:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Does anybody know the details as to why the facades of the brownstones on Liberty View Drive have been left open for like, at least a year? Funding disappeared? Those joists and studs are going to be NO GOOD, after one year + of getting saturated with rain, sleet, and snow. Completely rotted. I'm wondering why somebody, anybody, didn't cover up the gaping facades with plastic at least? Sheesh if I was Mocco I'd set up 4 sections of scaffolding w/ my son and do it myself, 66 years old or not. LOL.

Posted on: 2010/3/15 14:22

Re: Limestone Condominium Association aka Liberty Harbor laugh of the century

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/12 21:06
Group:
Registered Users
well since they don't give us any information it's the only way to disseminate it is through the internet. So people have something to direct towards than it's fair game. I told them to stop emailing me and since it's an unsolicited email I can post it.

Posted on: 2009/12/23 1:05

Re: Limestone Condominium Association aka Liberty Harbor laugh of the century
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Limestone. Reminds me of Flintstone. Are there any limestone in the place?

Posted on: 2009/12/23 0:59

Limestone Condominium Association aka Liberty Harbor laugh of the century

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/12 21:06
Group:
Registered Users
The building has only been open 2 years as this is what they finally send?

December 2009 Newsletter
Limestone Condominium Association

Board Members: James Savage
Steven Kratchman
Susan Sobrepena
Tim Karcher

Annual Meeting: To be scheduled for the last 2 weeks of May.

With the Holidays right around the corner, it is a good time to reflect on the year that just passed and prepare for the year ahead. Here is some important information on Limestone Condominium for homeowners going into the New Year.

How to Find Us:

Since we are still a budding community, it is difficult to find us using Map Quest and Google search. These two addresses show up on map searches and will help locate Limestone Condos:

? Liberty Harbor Office 297 Grand Street Jersey City, NJ 07302
? Zeppelin Biergarten 88 Liberty View Drive Jersey City, NJ 07302

Contact Information:

General Questions and Maintenance
? Email: propertymanagement@libertyharbor.com
Parking Inquiries
? Email: parking@libertyharbor.com
Cable/Internet/Intercom/Phone
? Email: r.cabrera@goldcoastbroadband.com

Condo Fees

Condo fees are due on the first of each month. There is a ten (10) day grace period to pay your fees. A $50.00 late fee will be applied to your homeowner account if payment is received after the ten (10) day period. There are three (3) different ways to pay your monthly fees:

1. Drop Box: Our drop box is located near the Limestone Parking Garage. Pick ups are scheduled for two (2) times per day.
2. Online Banking: It is recommended to any Homeowner that chooses online banking to schedule their check release date for the 25th of each month to ensure on time delivery to our office.
3. Automatic Payment Plan: Homeowners can sign up for the automatic payment plan through the property management office.
a. Credit Cards: There is a 4% charge for all credit card transactions
b. Bank Account: There is no additional fee for deductions through your bank.

Refinancing/Condo Questionnaires

Homeowners who are looking to sell or refinance their homes should contact the following:
? Certificate of Insurance
o Brown&Brown Insurance: Chris Perry
? (p) 908.689.5973
? Email: certificatedesk@bbinsurenj.com
o All certificate of insurance requests should be emailed directly to Chris.
? Condo Questionnaires
o Justyna Szmitko
? (p) 201.239.8573
? Email: propertymanagement@libertyharbor.com
o There is a $50.00 charge on all condo questionnaires that must be paid before a completed questionnaire can be released.
o All payments must be made out to Grand Street Property Management.

Holiday Tipping

Tipping is only allowed during the Holiday Season. If any homeowner would like to give gratuity to our staff, please drop your tips off in mailbox #196 at 10 Regent Street.

Our Staff:

Concierge:
Bernadette Rodriguez Tues/Wed 3pm-11pm
Mike Santos Mon/Tues/Wed/Thurs/Sat 7am-3pm
Michael Wisniewski Sun/Mon/Thurs/Fri/Sat 3pm-11pm
Derrick Veerden Sun/Tue/Wed 11pm-7am
Friday 7am-3pm
Amged Michael Sunday 7am-3pm
Mon/Thurs/Sat 11pm-7am

Maintenance: Housekeeping:
Maciej Szmczgk Norma Fajardo Weekdays/Weekends
Mariusz Zarzycki Martha Anton Weekdays
Henryk Zedzik Suyaba Reyes Weekends
Louis Farardo
Manuel Matheu
Armando Matheu

Have a Happy Healthy Holiday filled with Tidings and Good Cheer!

Posted on: 2009/12/23 0:24

Re: Liberty Harbor Condos in Jersey City
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/17 18:59
From Hudson Co.
Group:
Registered Users
LOL! Thanks so much for the laugh! I needed that!

I see on the OP's profile that there is a direct link to Liberty Harbor, so this person has to be one of the sales degenerates. The stooges of lies, incompetence, and deceit.

Would you like to share with the class on how many people are actually moving OUT of the Zenith before their leases are up? Would you also like to share with the class the status on that dilapidated structure on Regent and Tidewater? Maybe the 4 million feral cats like living in that structure and you are keeping it up just for them?

Have you fixed the security cameras? Do they still "not record in inclement weather", or do they still fail "to rewind since they are real time cameras"?

Have you tried helping the Korean couple on the second floor whom you told the outdoor bar was actually "picnic tables for the residents"?

Please advertise this place for what it is. A bar with shitty construction apartments surrounding it and the worst property management team this side of the Chernobyl Luxor Arms.

Posted on: 2009/11/6 18:17

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/8/23 1:54
Group:
Registered Users
I respect the need to publicize something good about Liberty Harbor, however, this may or may not be the right forum to do so.

You have several dissatisfied residents who are frequently on this site, complaining about a range of things, from property management to parking to the poorly planned opening of the Regent.

Posted on: 2009/11/6 18:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Liberty Harbor is a better effort at a planned community than another large scale development along Jersey City's waterfront at the Hoboken border, but there are definitely a number shortcomings that are hard to overlook.

One short coming is the integration of the development to the existing community. The new streets don't line up with the urban street grid; grid systems are a fundamental element to New Urbanist design. Meanwhile, was it necessary to rename Barrow Street with some generic sounding development name?

As to the the street plan itself, while its better than the Modernist, Le Courbusier style highrise surrounded by parking lot that has made a certain waterfront community so cold, the streets in LHN are still too wide. The added landscaping interferes with the natural interaction between pedestrians; the interaction of neighbors is precisely the goal of a New Urbanist community.

The attempts at architectural diversity come across as disingenuous. True brownstone neighborhoods are not as "mixed" architecturally as Liberty Harbor's three blocks. How many styles have been employed here? A dozen? Most brownstone streets have just one or two styles and the beauty comes from the symmetry of nearly identical homes. The best architecture examples in the development are the two rehabilitated buildings on Grand Street.

The development too lacks the diversity in residents simply because every unit here is being priced for the luxury market. The urban fabric of the neighboring traditional neighborhoods arise because of the disparity in incomes of the residents. In the traditional neighbors, students can afford to live next door to lawyers; artists live next to art buyers; musicians live next to media executives. Traditional neighborhoods with their varying rents attract a mix of professions. The only working class residents of LHN are the indentured servants imported from Eastern Europe to work the beer garden. Great. Another white, upper class enclave so homogeneous wives accidentally take home the wrong spouse because everyone has on the same royal blue button down collared shirt and khaki pants.

And lets not forget the arrested development, the half finished shell of an apartment building sitting waiting for a fourth wall. Or the empty parking lot that was suppose to have been a retail center with a grocery store. But hey, at least there is that illegal billboard advertising the hell out of the development.

For all its promises, LHN has fallen quite short.

Posted on: 2009/11/6 16:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/3/26 15:30
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

libertyharbor wrote:
it is setting new standards and raising the bar for urban living.

Is the beer garden really raising the bar for the residents? or lowering it?
Was vomit and public urination and fights in the streets part of the vision back in 1984?

Posted on: 2009/11/6 16:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/31 3:07
Group:
Registered Users
You forgot to include the realtors' names and phone numbers. Thanks for the (useless) info.

Posted on: 2009/11/6 16:16

Liberty Harbor Condos in Jersey City

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/11/6 15:41
Group:
Registered Users
I just wanted to give a little background on our new development at liberty harbor north. I know there have been many questions so I hope this helps.

It was in 1984 that Peter Mocco first envisioned the potential of Liberty Harbor. It is located on 2,500 feet of waterfront in the lower Hudson Bay, provides a magnificent view of New York Harbor and is located between two great historic districts: Paulus Hook and Van Vorst Park. It is the perfect size and location for a new vibrant section of downtown Jersey City. The new Light Rail system runs through Liberty Harbor with two convenient locations on the site. The new Liberty Hospital, and the new elementary and middle schools are literally across the street (Jersey and Grand Streets). N.Y. Waterway's ferry stop to Manhattan is also on the waterfront site. Peter and Lorraine have envisioned Liberty Harbor as having all the charm, feel and urban conveniences of a historic neighborhood, and at the same time, having all the modern technologies, transportation advantages, schools, health care facilities, parking and safety of the finest community on the east coast.

Urban scholars and planners are unanimous in their praise for Liberty Harbor. Whether you call Liberty Harbor a 'New Urbanist Community' or a 'Transit Oriented Development,' or just a great neighborhood to live in, all agree it is setting new standards and raising the bar for urban living.

This post is to help inform the curious and answer some questions. If anyone has any other questions please feel free to ask

Posted on: 2009/11/6 15:56
Liberty Harbor
Find condos in Jersey City

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hudson Co.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Liberty Harbor is definitely not perfect, but I am not sure what you are talking about regarding the amenities. The pool opened, not for long but it did open. There is a theater room, and there is the internet cafe. (granted it is instant coffee) Either way, it is what it is. You have to know there is going to be construction if they are planning several more phases. Not sure why people are suprised about that. And as far as the noise, you live in a city. They pick up garbage everywhere. Your going to have traffic everywhere. How about some more substance on why the management is so bad. I am interested as a resident.

This is where a lot of people were/are mislead.

We (and a LOT of others) were told the following before moving in...

1. The back room (now the newest addition to the Zeppelin was going to be a theater and billiards room (never happened), but we were told until our space was completed, we could have free use of the Sutton amenities rooms. That was a lie.

2. Pool was always going to be at the Regent, thus having no bearing on whether or not we were going to move into the Zenith.

3. Construction and trash pickup is expected (we moved into another new construction building and do not mind the noise since it construction wraps up at 5PM and trash pickup is at 10PM).

4. The beer garden was going to be a fine dining restaurant and the outdoor area was going to be a common yard with grills and a volleyball court. My neighbor was told it was going to be a doctors office, my other neighbor was told it was going to be a small market (we all lived on the side facing the garden). Some neighbors facing the front were told it was going to be a casual restaurant with a small outdoor area for dining and drinks. See the stories not matching?

5. I could see how the beer trucks can become annoying since the delivery drivers literally threw full kegs out of the vehicles. Cripes, that is really loud, and repeat it 50-100 times a late afternoon/ evenings and it's just downright stupid for those that face(d) the north side of the building.

6. Where to begin with management? General questions took DAYS of waiting for a response. Repairs were half-assed (our windows had nickles shoved into the locks to keep them from sticking shut - now that's ghetto). The only one in Management who knows what she's doing is Michele. The rest? incompetent dolts. One of the lovely girls forgot we were moving in and left us sitting in the lobby for 90 minutes. No apologies, no nothing.

A resident had her car vandalized and security told her that the security cameras don't work in inclement weather, and yet another old gentleman said the security cameras don't rewind. WTF?! That is just laughable.

There are a lot more examples but I hope this gives you the gist of why a lot of people are pissed off with that neighborhood.

Posted on: 2009/10/23 20:53

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hudson Co.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Thanks! Do you happen to know if you can rent if you are not an owner/resident?

Reread my post and ye shall find the answer.

Posted on: 2009/10/23 20:24

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/9/16 19:10
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

lhsucks wrote:
Liberty Harbor just SUCKS! I'm sure this will be erased by the management company as all my other posts on other websites with my warnings of STAY AWAY!

The management company is the MOST INEPT, DISHONEST, UNRESPONSIVE, AND RUDE management I've ever met. Everything is the renter's fault and they do not give a crap about you once you have rented or own your unit. They do not put the customer first after you move, but will do whatever it takes to get you in the building...including lie, after lie, after lie, which they will never admit too.

Yes, they did tell us that we were going to have additional amenities - swimming pool, theater room, coffee shop, other businesses that were just moving in around the buildings, and that the beer garden was going to be a small section around the back. Interesting...lie, lie, lie. Oh and how there was not going to be any construction across the street from my window. Somehow I endured 3 months of parking lot cleanup. Now, I have to listen to garbage pickup nightly at various hours and beer keg dropoffs during the day with the trucks and their blaring music. It's just noise and problems with the clientele. I've had enough, but now they are giving us problems about moving out because they have cash flow problems.

No they do not care about residents or their reputation and so this is what they get. Unhappy residents.

Liberty Harbor is definitely not perfect, but I am not sure what you are talking about regarding the amenities. The pool opened, not for long but it did open. There is a theater room, and there is the internet cafe. (granted it is instant coffee) Either way, it is what it is. You have to know there is going to be construction if they are planning several more phases. Not sure why people are suprised about that. And as far as the noise, you live in a city. They pick up garbage everywhere. Your going to have traffic everywhere. How about some more substance on why the management is so bad. I am interested as a resident.

Posted on: 2009/10/23 19:18

Re: Liberty Harbor Parking

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/11/6 20:40
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks! Do you happen to know if you can rent if you are not an owner/resident?

Posted on: 2009/10/23 19:09

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/10/28 17:55
Group:
Registered Users
Liberty Harbor just SUCKS! I'm sure this will be erased by the management company as all my other posts on other websites with my warnings of STAY AWAY!

The management company is the MOST INEPT, DISHONEST, UNRESPONSIVE, AND RUDE management I've ever met. Everything is the renter's fault and they do not give a crap about you once you have rented or own your unit. They do not put the customer first after you move, but will do whatever it takes to get you in the building...including lie, after lie, after lie, which they will never admit too.

Yes, they did tell us that we were going to have additional amenities - swimming pool, theater room, coffee shop, other businesses that were just moving in around the buildings, and that the beer garden was going to be a small section around the back. Interesting...lie, lie, lie. Oh and how there was not going to be any construction across the street from my window. Somehow I endured 3 months of parking lot cleanup. Now, I have to listen to garbage pickup nightly at various hours and beer keg dropoffs during the day with the trucks and their blaring music. It's just noise and problems with the clientele. I've had enough, but now they are giving us problems about moving out because they have cash flow problems.

No they do not care about residents or their reputation and so this is what they get. Unhappy residents.

Posted on: 2009/10/23 17:10

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hudson Co.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Does anyone know if you can rent a parking spot if you are not an owner? What about in the rental buildings? Does anyone have a parking space to rent? We are willing to pay a premium if we can get a nice space.

LH has three areas to park.

1. A garage underneath the Sutton condos
2. A garaqge underneath the Regent rental building
3. A gravel lot in the far northeast corner of the development

I'm not too sure about the garages, but I am almost certain that you can rent a spot in that gravel lot for 125/month. You have to stop in to speak with one of the concierges at the Sutton (10 Regent), to see how to secure those outdoor spots.

Posted on: 2009/10/19 20:52

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/11/6 20:40
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone know if you can rent a parking spot if you are not an owner? What about in the rental buildings? Does anyone have a parking space to rent? We are willing to pay a premium if we can get a nice space.

Posted on: 2009/10/19 16:02

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/15 20:06
Group:
Registered Users
I just continue to be disillusioned with housing, parking, etc. here not just in New Jersey but New York in general. Everything comes across as a hassle when it just shouldn't be. What a pain.

Posted on: 2009/10/13 21:24

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/10/27 18:50
Group:
Registered Users
somebody please tell me what apartment the man with tourettes is in! i believe that he might be located on the second floor. i hear him yelling blood curdling screams at his dog "wally" all nite and then all morning long. it is what i hear before i go to bed at 11:30pm and wake-up to at 7:15am. has anyone else heard the maniacal "wally" screams?

Posted on: 2009/10/13 18:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sapsparky wrote:
Well, I'm going to go to the JC parking authority in about 45 minutes but I'm not holding my breath. As I work in one of the harborside buildings and live in Liberty Harbor it would seem that I am not eligible to actually park in Jersey City. Thats right, I live and work here, but I don't get to park here.......Unless I want to pay $100 a month for some crappy surface parking or $200 a month for a garage spot in our building. This is awesome. If I lived one block north I could get a pass for $15 per month! What a city. And this wasn't even something on my radar, as I moved in back in July without a car and just got one. Call me naive, but it just seems absolutely insane that I can't actually park on the streets where I work and live.

I'm sure the parking authority will be very pleased to incorporate LHN into their fiefdom of zoned permit streets just as soon as Mocco dedicates the streets to the city. Of course he probably won't, since now its private property and the towing companies probably give him a kick back.

Posted on: 2009/10/9 20:39

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Well, I'm going to go to the JC parking authority in about 45 minutes but I'm not holding my breath. As I work in one of the harborside buildings and live in Liberty Harbor it would seem that I am not eligible to actually park in Jersey City. Thats right, I live and work here, but I don't get to park here.......Unless I want to pay $100 a month for some crappy surface parking or $200 a month for a garage spot in our building. This is awesome. If I lived one block north I could get a pass for $15 per month! What a city. And this wasn't even something on my radar, as I moved in back in July without a car and just got one. Call me naive, but it just seems absolutely insane that I can't actually park on the streets where I work and live.

Posted on: 2009/10/9 20:05

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Anyone found a good option for parking that doesn't include paying $100 a month for essentially the same level of parking that I COULD get one block north the the JC parking authority would give us parking? Thanks.

Posted on: 2009/10/8 15:53

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/8/23 1:54
Group:
Registered Users
OK, is anyone else in the Regent that lives on the side of the building facing the parking lot finding the flood lights to be a bit ridiculous? I need to buy an eye mask just so I can sleep, as shutting the blinds isn't helping.

Maybe it's just me, but I think they should reposition the lights so they aren't pointing into the direction of our building. Am I crazy to think this? I mean, I know it won't happen, but one can dream. Just venting, I suppose.

Also, the parties in the parking lot at 2:00 am are getting old. Just sayin'.

Posted on: 2009/10/2 15:52

Re: Opening at The Regent at Liberty Harbor
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
How do you get to 10 Regent St? It is not on the map.

A food deliveryman was on Warren St at the Morris Canal asking directions.

Posted on: 2009/9/28 0:18

(1) 2 3 4 ... 8 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017