Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
123 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 123

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Goodbye to Cobbled Manning Avenue?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/12 21:42
From on van vorst park
Group:
Registered Users
A private contractor is in the process of adding new water lines from Communipaw to the new houses on the east side of Manning. My property runs along most of Manning and we have been keeping an eye on what is being done. I was told by the contractor and the City that the cobblestones are being stored and will be replaced upon completion of the work. I will be following up on this. I think this one of only six cobblestone streets remaining in Jersey City, it would be a shame if it were to be left damaged.
Parkman

Posted on: 2006/9/27 21:03

Re: Goodbye to Cobbled Manning Avenue?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
The cobblestones are supposed to be replaced when the work is done. If you don't see that happening, then call the Mayor's Office, Councilwoman Richardson's office, and Tony Lambiase (the official who would issue the certificate of occupancy) and ask that they ensure that the cobblestone street is restored before any further permits or a certificate of occupancy is granted.

Joshua Parkhurst
President
Jersey City Landmarks Conservancy

Posted on: 2006/9/27 19:31

Goodbye to Cobbled Manning Avenue?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/18 17:14
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone know anything about the work being done on Manning Avenue in the Lafayette section? A trench was dug down the middle presumabley to bury a line or a pipe, but no care seems to have been taken to put back the cobble stones. This is one of the few cobble stoned streets left. It may be that the City is doing the work as its Public Works Department and Engineering Department have shown a consistent hostility or at least invincible indifference to the cobble stoned streets in the past. Does John Gomez still cover this stuff?

Posted on: 2006/9/27 19:13

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017