Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Liberty State Jazz Fest: David Sanborn, George Benson, Gato Barbieri, Norman Brown & Stanley Jor
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/5/16 16:22
From beneath the jumping sheep
Group:
Registered Users
Oh crap. I didn't realize this is taking place THIS weekend. I thought it was slated for next. Ahh well.

injc: no worries. It's all good in the 'hood!

Posted on: 2006/9/9 13:38

Re: Liberty State Jazz Fest: David Sanborn, George Benson, Gato Barbieri, Norman Brown & Stanley Jor
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/15 13:56
Group:
Banned
Quote:

jc_insomniac wrote:
Quote:

injcsince81 wrote:
Is there a discount for JC residents? I'm still pissed about paying full retaill price for the last event at LSP.

Why do you feel entitled to a discount?

The event is taking place in a State Park.

Sure, a discount would be nice, but why???

Is any part of the concert funded from JC taxes???

injc, I don't feel that I am "entitled" to a discount. I was just asking whether or not there is one, because at the last LSP event (Liberty Jam) I attended, I paid the full retail price and didn't find out about the discount until after the fact.[/quote]

Oooops, my bad. Sorry.

I totally misunderstood - I thought you were pissed because there was/is no discount.

I hope the concert will be a great one - the headliners certainly are.

PS. Edit:

Is it me, or is $70 for a day quite expensive? I thought about going, but not for $140 for me and wife.

Posted on: 2006/9/9 13:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

injcsince81 wrote:

injc, I don't feel that I am "entitled" to a discount. I was just asking whether or not there is one, because at the last LSP event (Liberty Jam) I attended, I paid the full retail price and didn't find out about the discount until after the fact.

Posted on: 2006/9/9 13:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
I don't know of any discounts -- here is another article though!
============================
Smooth jazz for summer's end
Friday, September 8, 2006

By ED BEESON
HERALD NEWS

Looking for one of those laid-back last-of-summer weekends? Perhaps you should check out this weekend's Liberty Jazz Festival in Jersey City.

The two-day festival, co-produced by the smooth jazz radio station CD101.9, spends the weekend at the city's Liberty State Park with a lineup full of Grammy Award-winning smooth jazz players.

Saturday night's concert is headlined by Norman Brown, who won a Grammy for "Just Chillin'," his 2002 pop, jazz and R&B fusion album. He will perform with his Summer Storm band, a quartet that features saxophonist and former soap opera star Paul Taylor ("One Life to Live"). Preceding Brown is George Benson, an eight-time Grammy-winning jazz guitarist who for four decades has wowed critics and fans with his versatility and virtuosity.

One of Argentina's best known musical exports, Gato Barbieri, performs Saturday afternoon. The Grammy-winning saxophonist is perhaps best known for the score he composed to the controversial 1972 film "Last Tango in Paris," as well as his many appearances at the Playboy Jazz Festival in Los Angeles. Also performing Saturday is the Spirit of Life Ensemble with Daoud-David Williams and guitarist Gil Parris.

The Rendezvous All-Stars, a jazz quartet that features retired NBA forward Wayman Tisdale on bass, headlines Sunday's concert. Performing before the All-Stars is another, more renowned jazz figure, the smooth jazz saxophonist David Sanborn. The six-time Grammy winner performs for an hour.

Also performing Sunday is what could be called a smooth jazz showdown: the four-man Guitars & Saxes 2006 tour will softly rumble the crowd for two hours in the afternoon. Stanley Jordan opens the concert.

Doors open at noon Saturday and Sunday. The concert runs until 9:35 p.m. Saturday, and 8:05 p.m. Sunday.

Tickets for general admission lawn seating, when purchased in advance, cost $54.50 per day or $94.50 for both days. Tickets at the gate jump to $69.50 per day or $115 for both days. Reserved seating costs $94.50 per day, $179 both days (advance); $125 per day, $225 per day (day of show). Children 6 and under are free.

A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Friends of Liberty State Park, a 30-year-old all-volunteer organization dedicated to beautifying the park that is home to New Jersey's Sept. 11 memorial and some of the best views of the New York skyline and the Statue of Liberty.

For tickets and information, call 888-556-5299 or visit www.nj.com/libertyjazzfestival.

Reach Ed Beeson at 973-569-7042 or beeson@northjersey.com.

Posted on: 2006/9/9 10:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/15 13:56
Group:
Banned
Quote:

jc_insomniac wrote:
Quote:
Advance tickets range from $44.50 for one-day lawn seat to $179 for a two-day VIP pass, which includes seating and VIP parking. Day-of-concert tickets range from $69.50 one-day lawn ticket to $225 two-day VIP seating -- with VIP parking to match. Children age 6 and under are admitted free.

Is there a discount for JC residents? I'm still pissed about paying full retaill price for the last event at LSP.

Posted on: 2006/9/8 16:20

Re: Liberty State Jazz Fest: David Sanborn, George Benson, Gato Barbieri, Norman Brown & Stanley Jordan
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/11 14:40
Group:
Registered Users
I hope they get more than the 50 people who showed up for Liberty Jam.

Posted on: 2006/9/8 16:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Advance tickets range from $44.50 for one-day lawn seat to $179 for a two-day VIP pass, which includes seating and VIP parking. Day-of-concert tickets range from $69.50 one-day lawn ticket to $225 two-day VIP seating -- with VIP parking to match. Children age 6 and under are admitted free.

Posted on: 2006/9/8 15:04

Re: Liberty State Jazz Fest: David Sanborn, George Benson, Gato Barbieri, Norman Brown & Stanley Jordan
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/19 15:19
Group:
Banned
This is great, it's long overdue.....

Gato Barbieri is awesome !!!!

CK

Posted on: 2006/9/8 13:48

Liberty State Jazz Fest: David Sanborn, George Benson, Gato Barbieri, Norman Brown & Stanley Jordan
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Jazz festival a treat for the ears and eyes
Star Ledger - Friday, September 08, 2006

Guitarist and singer George Benson, a headliner at the Liberty Jazz Festival, calls the event's location "spectacular."

The festival, set for Saturday and Sunday at the waterside Green Ring in Liberty State Park in Jersey City, does have amazing views of the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, and the Jersey City and Manhattan skylines.

"Man, I can't think of any site within a city's limits like this," says Benson. "With the view of New York and the rest, it's really incredible."

Adding a musical complement to those vistas will be a bevy of contemporary jazz stars, from Benson and saxophonists Gato Barbieri and David Sanborn, to guitarists Norman Brown and Stanley Jordan.

The festival is produced by The Star-Ledger, CD101.9 and Promo 1, in association with RBC Dain-Rauscher and Valley National Bank.

Performance times may vary. Gates open at noon both days.

Call (888) 556-5299 or visit www.cd1019.com.

The festival allows cameras, lawn chairs, blankets, and hand-held umbrellas but does not allow any beverages (including water), food, coolers, grills, or large beach-type umbrellas. Numerous food and beverage vendors will be on hand for the entirety of the festival. All attendees are allowed exit and re-entry to the festival site. Visit www.nj.com/libertyjazzfestival for complete festival guidelines.

From New Jersey: Take the New Jersey Turnpike to Exit 14C. After tolls, get in right lane and exit down the ramp to a stop sign. Follow signs to Jazz Festival Parking.

Posted on: 2006/9/8 12:08

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017