Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 112

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: opinions on a-1 property management
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/5 14:56
From Van Vorst
Group:
Registered Users
I've lived in an A-1 building for ~3 years.

They are excellent in getting stuff done.

- They were able to provide an exterminator within 4 days of our requesting one. It would've been sooner, but the exterminator's schedule didn't allow him to come sooner.

- When I pointed out that the dishwasher racks were broken/rusted, they installed a brand new dishwasher within 3 days.

- This past winter there was no heat in our apt. on a Sunday morning. I called and they fixed the heat within 2 hrs.

I know they are bound by laws to do certain things, but still, they are quite responsive about certain things, and I've been impressed.

On the downside, sometimes the lady that takes calls at A-1's office can be a bit rude.

Posted on: 2008/7/5 14:30

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/14 0:51
Group:
Registered Users
Now that is funny....

Posted on: 2008/7/5 2:43

A1 Property Management

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/1/14 4:08
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone know anything about this organization. Who runs it? Who is the head boss?

Anybody ever have any problems with them? Any problems with the management?

Posted on: 2008/4/29 22:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/12/23 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
I agree with the other posters that they are O.K. They didn't really do much to keep up the building but they fix problems. They fixed my AC and water heater in a timely manner when they broke. I think the building on Warren and Morris is rent controlled - thankfully not enough so that they do nothing.

Quote:

byrd wrote:
They managed my apt on warren & morris. (about 1 1/2 years ago)
Generally they were okay, but for instance we had 3 break ins into the building and they did nothing to address it. In fact the police showed me how easy it is to pop open the front doors with just your foot and hand, and despite me showing a-1, they did nothing.

They were pretty richard about satellite dishes until I faxed them the FCC rule about apt renters.

All in all, not too bad. And despite Jenny saying that my cleaned apt was a disaster when I left, they did only keep 200 of my deposit.

Posted on: 2006/9/11 1:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/5/11 13:34
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Not familiar with them, but try to avoid Robinsoak Management run buildings. They're the worst.

Posted on: 2006/9/8 20:28

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/27 4:28
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
I also did ALL small maintence around the apt, so aside from a stove replacement (which they actually were pretty quick with) I never called for anything in my APT.

They did definitely drag the proverbial feet on building maintanence, but at least they actually came a did things.

All in all I concur:
All around OK.

As for the break ins, my experience was a year and a half ago.

I left the Paulus breakins for the Heights gangland murders. Breakins are SO last year

Posted on: 2006/9/8 20:10

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/8/28 20:47
From Wayne BTW Jersey/Barrow
Group:
Registered Users
The own/run my building. I would give them an OK rating, just OK.

I get things taken care of in my apt. I know people that had problems, not sure what their rent paying status was tho'. As for overall building maintenance, I think they drag their feet on certain things, but have to say they have improved dramatically over the years.

I say if the building is in good condition and you like the apt and intend on paying your rent on time, go for it.

One of the owner's kids is on jclist, maybe he would like to chime in?

Posted on: 2006/9/8 16:36
... When life gives you lemons - Make Lemontini's!!

Dennis Deyoung is a musical genius

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/4/29 10:29
Group:
Banned
before i moved into my place i was told that there was a rash of break-ins a year prior, particularly on the morris/warren block.

have not seen or heard of any crime besides dumpster divers looking for copper pipes and that one random mugging this spring.

the break-in should definitely have been addressed, but as i have noticed, many people believe that the management company is responsible for many things that it is not such as arranging tax payments for condo owners, etc.

Posted on: 2006/9/8 16:22

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/3/27 16:31
Group:
Registered Users
3 break-ins and no action taken? that's troublesome. and I thought paulus hook was supposed to be pretty free of crime... guess not.

Quote:

byrd wrote:
Generally they were okay, but for instance we had 3 break ins into the building and they did nothing to address it.

Posted on: 2006/9/8 13:15

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/27 4:28
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Generally they were okay, but for instance we had 3 break ins into the building and they did nothing to address it. In fact the police showed me how easy it is to pop open the front doors with just your foot and hand, and despite me showing a-1, they did nothing.

They were pretty richard about satellite dishes until I faxed them the FCC rule about apt renters.

All in all, not too bad. And despite Jenny saying that my cleaned apt was a disaster when I left, they did only keep 200 of my deposit.

Posted on: 2006/9/8 1:51

opinions on a-1 property management

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/3/27 16:31
Group:
Registered Users
hi all,

I'm a NYer looking at JC for the first time, and found an apartment owned by a-1 property management that I like.

has anyone had good or bad experiences with the management company? my dealings with them so far have been less than satisfactory, but I heard from one person that the company is generally okay.

Posted on: 2006/9/7 21:22

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017