Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
95 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 95

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 45 »

Re: Hamilton Park Renovation - Update
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

2DogDoll wrote:
Clancy:

What you don't realize is that once something is done in this City (even in error) it is NEVER willingly corrected. The anal retentives immediately decide that since it was put there by an authority, it must be law and it must be enforced, therefore it is "the norm" and you will be arrested if you so much as question it.

The responsible dog owners of this community got the shaft as far as this park is concerned. So did anyone who wanted a little bit of "peace and quiet" in a little bit of green space. I agree the park is pretty. But the noise from the screaming children and foul mouthed amateur sportsmen, leave me no choice but to avoid it. I am sadddened by the fact that I am now not able to use 90% of the park.

So, BIG round of applause to the person with the courage to right a purposeful wrong!

And the hyperbole of the day award goes to.....YOU!!

Not only are you misanthropic and whiney, you're simply wrong on the numbers. Approximately 65% of the park's area is available to pets.

Posted on: 2010/6/22 23:38

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/28 3:31
Group:
Registered Users
That's the kind of mentality that's ruining the neighborhood...low rent. The "right" (in your mind) thing done for the wrong reason is still WRONG!

Posted on: 2010/6/22 23:06

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/15 16:15
Group:
Banned
Clancy:

What you don't realize is that once something is done in this City (even in error) it is NEVER willingly corrected. The anal retentives immediately decide that since it was put there by an authority, it must be law and it must be enforced, therefore it is "the norm" and you will be arrested if you so much as question it.

The responsible dog owners of this community got the shaft as far as this park is concerned. So did anyone who wanted a little bit of "peace and quiet" in a little bit of green space. I agree the park is pretty. But the noise from the screaming children and foul mouthed amateur sportsmen, leave me no choice but to avoid it. I am sadddened by the fact that I am now not able to use 90% of the park.

So, BIG round of applause to the person with the courage to right a purposeful wrong!

Posted on: 2010/6/22 22:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/23 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

On_The_3rd wrote:
At least the signs read "Pet Free Zone" and not "Dog Free Zone". We wouldn't want all those cat owners in the neighborhood chiming in on this one.

I'm pretty sure that the "pet free zone" is not aimed at cats but the large amount of pot bellied pig owners who have descended up HP. One should always have their bases covered, no?

Posted on: 2010/6/22 22:40
soshin: Mention guns and bd pops up through a hole in the ground like a heavily armed meercat

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

Althea wrote:
The pet free lawns

BTW - Children are not to be left unattended in any part of the park INCLUDING the playground.

Althea [pet and child wrangler]

Thanks Althea for the clarifications and hard work. But don't you think the "unattended children" thing needs refining? Surely you can't mean 17 year olds? 5th graders are allowed to leave school alone, probably they're old enough to be in a park without a parent. Maybe it could apply exclusively to the playgrounds without being impractical?

Behavior problems are an issue whether 13 or 30, and we need a method to deal with that, but an "R" rating for a park seems extreme, no?

Wow, jeez, of course, I meant legally which I believe is 13 or younger. However, I would expect people to use common sense. I didn't realize that every post on here needs to read like legal text.

IN CONTEXT, my comment was in reference to people stating children (and by children we assume young children here) not be left in the dog run unattended. It is not a petting zoo. I was merely stating this applies to any area of the park. The play ground being aimed at the 8 and younger crowd I figured this would be obvious. Since people are asking dog owners to be responsible, why not also ask parents?

I'm not enforcing this, merely making a balanced statement as we look at the entire park and not just any single spot or use. I'm merely hoping people will show the same concern, respect, and attention that they would afford the playground area to the dog runs.

Posted on: 2010/6/22 22:38
soshin: Mention guns and bd pops up through a hole in the ground like a heavily armed meercat

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/28 3:31
Group:
Registered Users
this person that defaced the signs in the park doesn't seem to understand that he or she doesn't have the right to vandalize newly renovated public property. Instead of waiting a day for the people that put the signs in to realize that some of the signs were placed in the wrong spots this person has to ruin all the signs...basically play God. I happen to be a dog owner and there is NO reason at all I can't use the newly built dog runs. They are there for a reason. No one, including myself, wants to sit on a lawn that's riddled with dog urine and dog feces. The park is not a giant toilet bowl for your pet!! It's also nice to be able to sit on some grass instead of dirt like the old park because of dogs running back and forth on it tearing up the grass. This person, once identified should have to pay to have the sign replaced. It's just too bad that the security cameras weren't in to catch the jack a**. Seriously, what a tool this person is and to have NO life but to go through the park and scratch of the word "free" like he owns the park.

Posted on: 2010/6/22 21:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/11 14:53
Group:
Registered Users
At least the signs read "Pet Free Zone" and not "Dog Free Zone". We wouldn't want all those cat owners in the neighborhood chiming in on this one.

Posted on: 2010/6/22 19:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/18 18:17
Group:
Banned
Dogs aren't people, they are property.

Posted on: 2010/6/22 18:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/28 17:36
Group:
Banned
This is truly entertaining!

Posted on: 2010/6/22 17:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:
BrightMoment wrote: Quote:
Vigilante wrote: [...] 5) A lot of dog-owners are now unhappy with Fulop.
Reading comprehension is not your strongest attribute: Quote:
Althea wrore: The Director of Public Works, Rodney Hadley, designated 50% of the park pet free. He provided the contractor with a map that clearly delineated which lawns would be pet free and which would be pet friendly.[...]
Right or wrong many people I spoke with think Fulop sanctioned the "pet free zones". I have come to terms with it but the city obviously messed up the signs and people are fuming. The signs are insulting and ugly. And, yes, we need more benches in the park.

Posted on: 2010/6/22 17:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Slacky wrote:
Just got back from the park, nearly all the Pet Free Zone signs have been altered. Incredible that the first act of deliberate vandalism in the park should come not from the feral basketball players but from one of our sainted dog walkers.

Resized Image

Can you imagine the uproar on here if a sign restricting basketball playing after ten pm were vandalized?
This guy with the two black Scottish terriers needs to be apprehended. I'm going to patrol the park tonight and hold him in a headlock until the authorities arrive.
Vigilante, you down?

There is no proof of who did this and you may be targetting someone only on heresay. I don't get physically involved with anyone in that park except hot brunette ladies.

Posted on: 2010/6/22 17:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 16:46
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Slacky wrote:
Just got back from the park, nearly all the Pet Free Zone signs have been altered. Incredible that the first act of deliberate vandalism in the park should come not from the feral basketball players but from one of our sainted dog walkers.

Resized Image

Can you imagine the uproar on here if a sign restricting basketball playing after ten pm were vandalized?
This guy with the two black Scottish terriers needs to be apprehended. I'm going to patrol the park tonight and hold him in a headlock until the authorities arrive.
Vigilante, you down?

Needs to be apprehended? Headlock? Please, you can't be serious.

Posted on: 2010/6/22 17:46

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/9/2 6:41
Group:
Banned

Resized Image

Vigilante, you down?

Posted on: 2010/6/22 17:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Vigilante wrote: [...] 5) A lot of dog-owners are now unhappy with Fulop.
Reading comprehension is not your strongest attribute: Quote:
Althea wrore: The Director of Public Works, Rodney Hadley, designated 50% of the park pet free. He provided the contractor with a map that clearly delineated which lawns would be pet free and which would be pet friendly.[...]

Posted on: 2010/6/22 17:30
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/2/14 18:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
A bench or two by the tennis courts would also be nice

Posted on: 2010/6/22 17:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/20 16:31
Group:
Registered Users
I personally wish there were more benches over on
the walkways near the west side of the park, where
it is shady and generally quieter and is a good place
to sit and relax and read.

The park as it is now is uncomfortable for me,
since i do not want to be near the noisy kids or
the dogs or the sports areas.

Other than having to bring a blanket to sit
upon on the grass, as there are not enuf benches,
there is not much option
for enjoying the quieter section of the park.
Can't they buy some more furniture and install it?

Posted on: 2010/6/22 16:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
1) The new park was fine and the majority of people were using the dog-runs for their dogs.

2) The signs are ugly and obviously cheap.

3) The signs are obnoxious.

4) I enjoyed strolling through the lawn with my dog as I picked up other people's litter.

5) A lot of dog-owners are now unhappy with Fulop.

Posted on: 2010/6/22 16:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

Althea wrote:
The pet free lawns

The Director of Public Works, Rodney Hadley, designated 50% of the park pet free. He provided the contractor with a map that clearly delineated which lawns would be pet free and which would be pet friendly.

The contractor made a mistake which we hope will be corrected as soon as possible. The two quadrants of passive space on the 8th Street side of the park are to be pet friendly.

I'm so sorry this happened because it only adds to the bad feelings on all sides. Remember that those of us really using the park are much more in tune than a lot of the City employees merely following instructions. They don't always take action with full knowledge or compassion.

Councilman Fulop has asked them to correct the signage in our shared park as soon as possible.

BTW - Children are not to be left unattended in any part of the park INCLUDING the playground.

Thanks Althea for the clarifications and hard work. But don't you think the "unattended children" thing needs refining? Surely you can't mean 17 year olds? 5th graders are allowed to leave school alone, probably they're old enough to be in a park without a parent. Maybe it could apply exclusively to the playgrounds without being impractical?

Behavior problems are an issue whether 13 or 30, and we need a method to deal with that, but an "R" rating for a park seems extreme, no?

I concur with you both with one exception:

Quote:
...Behavior problems are an issue whether 13 or 30, and we need a method to deal with that,...

I would extend the "Behavior problems are an issue" age range to cover everyone. The "method to deal with that" is called consideration and courtesy on everyone's part.

Posted on: 2010/6/22 15:51
Resized Image

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Althea wrote:
The pet free lawns

The Director of Public Works, Rodney Hadley, designated 50% of the park pet free. He provided the contractor with a map that clearly delineated which lawns would be pet free and which would be pet friendly.

The contractor made a mistake which we hope will be corrected as soon as possible. The two quadrants of passive space on the 8th Street side of the park are to be pet friendly.

I'm so sorry this happened because it only adds to the bad feelings on all sides. Remember that those of us really using the park are much more in tune than a lot of the City employees merely following instructions. They don't always take action with full knowledge or compassion.

Councilman Fulop has asked them to correct the signage in our shared park as soon as possible.

Posted on: 2010/6/22 15:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/28 17:36
Group:
Banned
This thread is much better with:

Resized Image

Posted on: 2010/6/22 13:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The pet free lawns

Posted on: 2010/6/22 13:36

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/27 19:54
Group:
Registered Users
There were people out on the courts last night at 12:45AM. I've read posts on this thread where people have argued in favor of late night basketball playing and how the new surface deadens the noise of the game. I find that is simply not true and there is no reason what so ever for anyone to be playing basketball in a residential area at 12:45 at night and it is indefensible position. For everyone who is complaining about noise, litter, and a lack of enforcement of the rules, please attend tonight's police meeting at MS 4 on Varick and Bright Street at 7PM to let the Police in Jersey City know how important it is to enforce the rules in our newly renovated park. Posting complaints on a local website is one thing, please show up and voice your concerns to those paid to enforce our local rules and ordinances.

Posted on: 2010/6/22 12:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 16:46
Group:
Registered Users
I love the new Pet - Zone's around the park. Hysterical.

The bb court was again, a complete mess last night. Good stuff.

Also, the last few nights, there have been car loads of people showing up at the park to play basketball. I wonder where they are from that they need to drive to Hamilton Park. If you can't walk to the park, then you don't belong here.

Posted on: 2010/6/22 12:29

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/13 21:19
Group:
Registered Users
That is, of course, one of the signs in question. The word "free" has been scratched off.

Posted on: 2010/6/22 12:20

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/25 0:21
Group:
Registered Users
Clearly, I'm not such a great neighbor. I should have asked more about their lives. Sad to hear that two of them passed away. I could always count on them to be around and they were very pleasant to have a conversation. They played for hours! The neighborhood has changed even though I still considered by myself a newbie after almost 8 years.

Posted on: 2010/6/22 4:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

jersey_girl72 wrote:
Hahaha.... I'm clearly from the wrong side of the tracks so I support the underDOG....

I'm missing the days when I would greet the homeless guys playing chess next to the temporary dog run. They were much nicer than some folks on this thread. Those were the days...

Sadly, Kevin, the amputee in the wheel-chair passed away last year. Derek, the taller, bespectacled guy passed away last week. None of those guys are homeless BTW. Your right though, nice guys.

Posted on: 2010/6/22 3:49

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/25 0:21
Group:
Registered Users
Hahaha.... I'm clearly from the wrong side of the tracks so I support the underDOG....

I'm missing the days when I would greet the homeless guys playing chess next to the temporary dog run. They were much nicer than some folks on this thread. Those were the days...

Posted on: 2010/6/22 3:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
jersey_girl72 wrote: The dog owner with the two black scottish terriers goes to the park every morning and evening so you can catch him and give him your two cents. I felt today that the park no longer welcomes dog owners with open arms. There is a lot of hostility toward dog owners and dog owners are hostile right back. The signs are everywhere. I don't agree with what he did, but I understand him. I'm counting down the days to the first fist fight to erupt. Strangers yelling from their cars and "informing" us where we can and can not go with our dogs is ridiculous. I wonder how a parent would feel if I gave them parenting tips or told them to keep their kids 5 feet away from me.
Resized Image

Posted on: 2010/6/22 3:21
Resized Image

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I didn't see any scratched signs but I did spot this in the NW entrance.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2010/6/22 3:18

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/17 13:07
Group:
Registered Users
Totally agree with you there. Unsupervised kids really have no place in the dog runs. That's what the huge playground is for.

Posted on: 2010/6/22 2:58

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 45 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017