Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
139 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 139

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: JC Med Center ER
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/19 16:57
Group:
Registered Users
Just don't plan on using it in the near future...

Jersey City hospital's ER is shut down
Certification lapses
Friday, August 04, 2006
Associated Press

State health officials yesterday shut down the emergency room at the Jersey City Medical Center over a lapse in certification.

The shutdown involved loss of the hospital's certification from the American College of Surgeons, Gretchen Michael, a spokeswoman with the state Department of Health and Senior Services, confirmed last night.

Michael wasn't sure why the certification was allowed to expire on June 20, or when the hospital would be able to resume operating its trauma center.

"Hopefully, it'll be sorted out in short order," said Michael, who added that patients were being diverted to other hospitals.

State regulations require the hospital to have the certification in order to be licensed as a trauma center, Michael said.

The hospital's public relations office did not return calls for comment last night.

The emergency room at Jersey City Medical Center's Wilzig Hospital serves New Jersey's second-largest city and surrounding area, handling 190 to 200 patients a day on average, spokesman Bill Dauster said Wednesday.

It is also one of seven New Jersey hospitals that have trauma centers with the second-highest level of certification, Michael said. Three hospitals have the highest level.

? 2006 The Star Ledger
? 2006 NJ.com All Rights Reserved.

Posted on: 2006/8/4 11:32

Hide User information
Last Login :
2006/8/20 3:50
Group:
Registered Users
I will chime in with my two cents of praise...

I had to go to the JC Med ER a few weeks ago due to a scratched cornea (Long story, but my eyes became ultra sensitive to light, and I could not see).

I have only been to the ER one other time for getting my leg cut with a chain saw. Between that and other doctor visits, I was expecting a LONG wait to get in.

Not only was I process super quick at JC Med ER, but they put me in a special room that we could close the door and not have any light in there. Moreover, I had the nicest nurse that cared for me. Overall, I thought the "customer service" of treating a patient there was SUPERB!

Posted on: 2006/8/1 20:11

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/24 18:10
Group:
Registered Users
I have to say that the new medical center rocks.
my niece was born in christ hospital. long story short she was rushed to the neonatal dept. ICN. She was treated very well. We were treated well.

Last nite she was rushed again. They did their best. They gave her a private room. They are compassionate and wonderful.

Christ Hospital on the other hand sent her home and said to take her to the pediatrician. Had she done that my 15 day old niece would be dead now.

So I am here to add 3 cheers to JC Med Center ER & Hospital in general! hip hip hooray! hip hip hooray! hip hip hooray!

Posted on: 2006/8/1 18:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/29 4:06
Group:
Banned
Quote:

AlanSommerman wrote:
While a trip to the ER should at the bottom of everyone's list, it is comforting to know that in JC you will be well treated.

We once used the pediatric emergency room around 4 a.m. At that hour, anyhow, it was pretty relaxed, and everyone we saw seemed to be competent and polite.

Posted on: 2006/8/1 2:35

JC Med Center ER
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/8/19 1:13
Group:
Registered Users
On Wednesday and today, I wound up in the ER. Word of advice: don't get old. However, on both occasions I was overwhelmed by the professional and prompt treatment I received at our local hospital. On Wednesday, since it was during the day, the attending physician, Chris Langdon, called my regular doctor in Manhattan, and told him what was going on. I checked in with my doctor today, and he said that he had never had that happen before - usually patients are advised to contact their doctors on their own. Today's treatment was excellent as well. While a trip to the ER should at the bottom of everyone's list, it is comforting to know that in JC you will be well treated.

Posted on: 2006/8/1 2:13
Yes,we have no bananas.
(Silver & Cohn, 1923)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017