Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
95 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 95

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Trump Plaza - Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Encouraging news about the ground level base being more integrated with the streetscape.

Posted on: 2014/3/28 13:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Will this be rentals or owner occupied?

Posted on: 2014/3/28 12:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/19 15:21
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
I guess developers are going to add the second tower afterall

http://newyorkyimby.com/2014/03/revealed-65-bay-street.html

Resized Image

It's rumored that Whole Foods is going to occupy the base of the second tower.....just as soon as Buon Italia moves into the first one!

Posted on: 2014/3/28 11:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
I guess developers are going to add the second tower afterall

http://newyorkyimby.com/2014/03/revealed-65-bay-street.html

Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/3/28 8:01

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/8/8 23:12
From JC Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
I live in the building. There are a few good deals right now in the building. There are also a bunch of listings that are priced too high and recent comps are showing that.

email me if you have any questions darrellroch@gmail.com

Posted on: 2013/7/24 18:41

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/8/7 2:55
From JSQ for now
Group:
Registered Users
Hello,

I know this thread was years ago, but what are your thoughts now of the Trump Tower in JC?

Is it worth purchasing there for a new home buyer?

Did that area flood during Sandy?

Are those of you who purchased there still content?

Thanks,

Posted on: 2013/7/23 18:01
Curious Cat

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Even the name is a scam!

Posted on: 2010/9/27 10:53
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/9/26 21:29
Group:
Registered Users
Not sure if your post was addressed to me, but I'm not trying to spread lies. IStar Financial purchased the Trump Plaza from Metro Homes in late 2009. This is a fact and this information is available on the web or if you can access old news articles. Just search for "Istar", "Metro Homes" and "Trump Plaza Jersey City". You will find it. In addition, a few days ago, IStar publicly announced that it is looking at a possible pre-packaged bankruptcy early next year. This is another fact. Search for "IStar" and "bankruptcy" and you will find it on the web or on bloomberg. To be clear, I'm not saying that they announced bankruptcy, but that they are weighing a possible bankruptcy next year. Very different but still shows that they are in financial trouble. My original question was what could be the impact on existing and future owners if they did go bankrupt? Maybe there is no impact at all, but I don't know. Of course Trump has no interest in seeing Istar go bankrupt as it is bad publicity for the building, but Trump and Istar are totally different entities.

Posted on: 2010/9/26 21:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/19 13:36
Group:
Registered Users
First, Trump is the managing agent for the pool, gym, etc. He doesn't own or have any investment in the building aside from that. He has no interest in a bankruptcy in the building and would hold no sway.

The building is more than 65% sold (actual as opposed to under contract). Your rumors are without basis in fact. I know you hate that some people can afford it and you can't, but how about you just not speak about things you know nothing about rather than conjecturing from a point of jealousy (as you sit in your basement rental).

If you'd like to cite sources, please feel free.

Posted on: 2010/9/26 20:06

Re: Trump Plaza Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Trump Plaza will be another Newport building full of transient expat's from Asia and the middle east where corporate manhattan will house their 'cheaper' employed contractual workers.

The dream of Trump Plaza being an owner-occupier building for those that suffer from vaniety is no more, which means any miniscule capital gains are going to flushed away with the turn-over of tenants.

The drama will be to have the building re-named - Don will not want his name associated with a building like that !

Posted on: 2010/9/25 21:55
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Trump Plaza Jersey City

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/9/26 21:29
Group:
Registered Users
I heard that IStar, the owner of Trump, is preparing for a prepackaged bankruptcy next year. Does anyone know what that means for existing and future condo owners in that building?

Posted on: 2010/9/25 17:21

Re: Trump Plaza Jersey City Reaches 62% Sold
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/5/18 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jmcee wrote:
Quote:

mies wrote:
In the interim the developer has poured a lot of money into an already beautiful building brimming with world class amenities.

The developer (Metro Homes) bailed over a year ago, the new sponsor (iStar) is responsible for the new renovations and improvements. They are finally finishing off the back of the building where the second tower was supposed to be built which has been an eyesore for the past 3 years. It\'s amazing to me that people are buying into this place while many existing owners are offering their units for resale for hundreds of thousands less than what they paid for them 3 years ago. The short sales are plentiful, just take a look on Zillow or CL to see the evidence. Unfortunately they have to compete with the sponsor who can be more aggressive selling brand new units with incentives that only they can offer. We only hear the realtor\'s point of view here in these articles. There are many unhappy owners in the building for sure. I have been renting there for the past two years and I do not share the previous poster\'s positive opinion about the building. It\'s a train wreck in slow motion.

I own a unit in the building and have lived there since the building opened. I have a beautiful apartment with great views of NYC and Statue of Liberty. I think Trump Management does a great job of managing the building. The amenities are very impressive. Can it be improved upon? Why not. I am always open to improvements. It can always be better. If you dont think its a great building now with great amenities why do you continue to live there? Get off the slow motion train wreck if its not up to your high standards.

Real estate prices fluctuate over time. We are still in a very down market after record highs a few years ago. If you bought at the height of the market it will take some time to make a profit. The problem is that people were under the false impression that you could buy and sell units and always make a profit in a very short period of time. If you bought a unit at the height of the market and intend to live in it and enjoy it for ten or more years you will do fine. If you buy now you will do even better. Your apartment is your home. It\'s not a short term investment.

Posted on: 2010/6/23 16:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/3/26 15:30
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mies wrote:
In the interim the developer has poured a lot of money into an already beautiful building brimming with world class amenities.

The developer (Metro Homes) bailed over a year ago, the new sponsor (iStar) is responsible for the new renovations and improvements. They are finally finishing off the back of the building where the second tower was supposed to be built which has been an eyesore for the past 3 years. It's amazing to me that people are buying into this place while many existing owners are offering their units for resale for hundreds of thousands less than what they paid for them 3 years ago. The short sales are plentiful, just take a look on Zillow or CL to see the evidence. Unfortunately they have to compete with the sponsor who can be more aggressive selling brand new units with incentives that only they can offer. We only hear the realtor's point of view here in these articles. There are many unhappy owners in the building for sure. I have been renting there for the past two years and I do not share the previous poster's positive opinion about the building. It's a train wreck in slow motion.

Posted on: 2010/6/22 14:11

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Virtually every property, including the trump building in JC has been effected by the real estate situation over the last few years. Many people who committed to buy at The Trump building in JC never closed. In the interim the developer has poured a lot of money into an already beautiful building brimming with world class amenities.

Sales have again picked up and the building is getting more crowded with new owners every day. As a resident there, I would say that 62% sounds about right. Visit the sales office and take a tour. I think you will be very impressed. I have livd in JC for more than 25 years and and I don't think you will find better amenities or a more competent, professional and courteous staff anywhere else in the area.

Posted on: 2010/6/22 13:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/9/7 0:45
Group:
Registered Users
3 years ago they boasted about selling 320 condos. Aren't you supposed to sell more units over time, not less? Kind of pathetic.

55-story Trump tower touches sky

Saturday, June 16, 2007
By JARRETT RENSHAW
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Less than 18 months after the shovels went into the ground, city officials yesterday joined with the developers of Trump Plaza Jersey City to celebrate the topping off of the 55-story building.

The project, which broke ground in February 2006, is a joint venture between Hoboken-based Metro Homes and real estate mogul Donald Trump, who has made several high-profile visits to the site since construction begun.

Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy was on hand to celebrate the "topping" of the first of two towers to be built. Construction on the smaller, 50-story second tower, which was slowed by financing concerns, is now scheduled to begin in the fall.

Trump Plaza Jersey City will feature more than 900 condominium residences in two towers, making them the two tallest residential buildings in New Jersey - that is until the nearby Metropolitan is built.

When built, the $200 million Metropolitan would become the state's second tallest building, after the 781-foot Goldman Sachs building on Hudson Street. The tower is one of several that may be built in the 18-acre shopping area currently anchored by a Shop-Rite supermarket and a BJ's Wholesale Club.

Sales at Trump Plaza Jersey City have been going quickly, with roughly 320 units sold in less than eight months, officials said

Posted on: 2010/6/22 4:28

Trump Plaza Jersey City Reaches 62% Sold

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/17 3:40
Group:
Registered Users
Trump Plaza Residences in Jersey City have reached their 62% sold mark, having sold/closed 277 condos out of 444 total units. The 55 story building is the tallest residential tower in New Jersey and features studio, 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom, & 3 bedroom layouts in a full-service luxury condominium building in downtown Jersey City.

To read more about Trump Plaza Residences in Jersey City, visit my Jersey City real estate blog.Living on the Hudson

Posted on: 2010/6/22 2:07

Re: Trump Plaza Residences in Jersey City on HGTV's 'Design Star'
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Desperate measures from a desperate developer to attract buyers from anywhere in the country.......they might be hoping for a dummy from interstate watching the show to be sucker'd into thinking its a good buy !

Posted on: 2010/6/14 5:37

Trump Plaza Residences in Jersey City on HGTV's 'Design Star'
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Trump Plaza Residences in Jersey City on HGTV's 'Design Star'

Published: Sunday, June 13, 2010, 8:34 PM
Updated: Sunday, June 13, 2010, 9:07 PM

Melissa Hayes/The Jersey Journal Melissa Hayes/The Jersey Journal

Trump-Jersey-City.jpgTrump Plaza ResidencesTrump Plaza Residences in Jersey City will be featured on two episodes of HGTV's "Design Star" which is kicking off its fifth season.

The fifth season of HGTV?s "Design Star" premiers tonight and showcases Trump Plaza Residences in Jersey City.

The television show, which airs at 10 p.m., pits two teams against one another in a challenge to design a two-bedroom unit in the 55 story building.

The season premiere, which takes place in the 443-unit condo building on Morgan Street, will take place over two episodes and features Donald Trump Jr. as a guest judge.

The show's regular judges are celebrity designers Candice Olson, Genevieve Gorder and Vern Yip.

Design Star features 12 contestants ? interior designers, contractors, stylists, architects and artists ? competing in an array of design challenges with the winner landing his or her own show on HGTV.

?This property is the perfect fit for HGTV?s show ? it?s location is directly across the Hudson River form New York City and is universally appealing to everyone who desires true luxury living and a resort lifestyle,? said Jodi Stasse, director of marking and sales at Trump Plaza Residences. ?We anticipate it will garner interest from coast to coast.?

Posted on: 2010/6/14 1:32

Re: New York Times: A Second Act for Trump Plaza Residences - Royal purple to create a more elegant feel

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/3/6 18:51
Group:
Registered Users
I was an investor with MetroHomes in this building & lost everything as did all MetroHomes investors in this project. At least the people who bought units have something for their investment other than a tax writeoff. I'm sure the current investors will suffer the same fate. This blog really sums up the whole situation, Trump made millions for letting MetroHomes put his name up on the building. Trump didn't invest a nickel himself, just took cash for his namesake & all the little people continue to get burned. I love all of the false reports throughout the entire blog on how many units are sold with reports going up to 375 units sold by Dean S. Geibel himself. I'm sure that # was reported before any credit checks on the buyers. All ploys & feeble attempts to get more sucker investors to throw more money in their pockets to continue the project. There has been shady dealings going on with Trump Towers from the get go so I'm not surprised to see them continue. Now the new management has resorted to purple velvet, the Trump family crest & a building makeover for a less than 2 year old building, hey it's easy to waste other people's money isn't it.

Posted on: 2010/3/6 19:16

Re: New York Times: A Second Act for Trump Plaza Residences - Royal purple to create a more elegant feel
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
From Curbed today:

JERSEY CITY?Two things we're not used to seeing in the same sentence: The Trump name and FHA mortgages. But these are strange times for the Trump Plaza Jersey City (now known as Trump Plaza Residences Jersey City), the 55-story waterfront luxury condo tower?a second planned tower got scraped?that is now moving units thank to the availability of FHA-insured loans and the 3.5% down payments they allow. According to a press release, over half of the building's 443 units have sold (1BRs start in the mid $400,000s; 2BRs in the mid-$600,000s). Though the Trumps don't have much to do with the actual building, Ivanka is splashed all over the website.

http://www.trumpplazaresidences.com/#/?mode=english&music=off

Quote:

A Second Act for Trump Condo

Resized Image
LONE TOWER The designer Benjamin Noriega Ortiz chose royal purple to help create a more elegant feel in the public spaces at the Trump Plaza Residences in Jersey City.

By ANTOINETTE MARTIN
Published: January 21, 2010
New York Times

Trump Organization
About half the condos in the building have sold, while plans for a second tower are on hold indefinitely.
THE tallest, ?Trumpiest? condominium in New Jersey ? the 55-story Trump Plaza Jersey City ? hit the market two years ago, just as economic forces aligned to hamper its success.

Dean S. Geibel, a managing partner of Metro Homes, then an exceedingly busy builder on the ?Gold Coast,? had the Donald from across the river lend his name and label to an ambitious plan for two mammoth residential towers that were to become the tallest in the state. They would swagger on the Jersey skyline, luring luxury-level bargain-hunters from Manhattan and pied-?-terre seekers from all over the world; that was the plan.

But the plan changed. The second tower was put on ?indefinite delay? as work on the first was still being completed.

Today the lone Trump building stands about half full, with 239 of its 443 units sold. Only a handful of sales have occurred in the year since the housing market and Wall Street meltdowns. And in August, after Metro Homes defaulted on payment of its construction loans, iStar Financial took over ownership of the building. It has since hired the real estate company Coalco to devise plans for a ?relaunch.?

iStar has reportedly suffered widespread losses on real estate investments ? another being an Asbury Park beachfront redevelopment project, whose master developer also defaulted on loan payments. The Roseland Property Company is now representing iStar?s interests in Asbury Park, working with officials to scale back and reconfigure redevelopment plans.

At Trump Plaza, the curtains are set to rise on a new act next month. The designer Benjamin Noriega-Ortiz was brought in from Manhattan to ?raise the level of elegance? in the building?s public spaces, and his prescription for a more sumptuous look involves drapes.

It also involves lighting, rugs, the introduction of royal purple and blue to the color scheme, new names for the rooms (?arrival room? rather than library), a new name for the building (it will be called Trump Plaza Residences), a new logo and a new gold-lettered sign over the door.

In the spring, the pool, cabana and ?great lawn? area on the seventh floor will be relandscaped and refurnished; seven new cabanas will also be built, according to Jodi Stasse, the president of Stasse and Company, now the sales and marketing agent for Trump in Jersey City.

Mr. Noriega-Ortiz is keeping an eye on cost, Ms. Stasse said, but devoting himself to detail. Last week, the floor-to-ceiling light boxes in the ?arrival room? already gave the room a ?more mansionlike feel,? as she put it, because decorative decals had been added to them.

Coming soon, according to Mr. Noriega-Ortiz: a purple carpet to the sidewalk, bearing the Trump family crest in gold; white drapes in the reception area with purple liners; and the lighting of the top of the building to produce a purple-tinted glow.

As to more substantive changes to revitalize sales ? price changes, for example ? Ms. Stasse said only that apartment prices currently start in the ?low $400,000s,? which she noted was affordable enough for buyers to come in under the guidelines for eligibility for the federal first-timers? income-tax credit program, which has been extended until April 30.

Wells Fargo Bank is now in charge of ?prequalifying? buyers before they sign a contract, and a representative is to be stationed full time in the new Trump sales office ? which is being moved to the building?s penthouse level and ensconced in a Noriega-Ortiz-designed three-bedroom condo.

Wells Fargo is offering F.H.A.-insured 30-year, fixed-rate mortgages, with rates currently just above 5 percent, according to Raymond Lamberti Jr., a branch manager.

As for the Trump Organization?s role in promoting the property, there appears to have been little or no change. The company was originally said to have entered into a joint venture with Metro Homes to build the tower, but took no role in its construction or operations other than determining its general aura of white-gloved concierge-quality comfort.

Ivanka Trump, Mr. Trump?s daughter and an executive vice president at the Trump Organization, has represented the company at the Jersey City property from the start, occasionally making appearances there over the past few years.

Ms. Trump, who is also a fashion model and jewelry designer, will serve as spokeswoman for the new marketing campaign when it gears up in March, according to Ms. Stasse.

?The idea,? she said, ?is to give residents the feeling that the entire building, not just their own condominium, is home, and that home is a mansion, or a palace.

?Ivanka will embody and articulate the message,? Ms. Stasse added.

Mr. Noriega-Ortiz said that Ms. Trump?s role had helped inspire his redesign. ?The building, while beautiful and sleek, had a very masculine, very hard-edged feel to it,? he said. ?My concept is to show a woman?s touch in ?the mansion? ? a softening, sumptuous and warm.?

?I believe this will translate into the sales experience,? he added.

Ms. Stasse agreed. ?Obviously,? she said, ?that is the bottom-line goal, to have more people buy into the building.?

Posted on: 2010/3/4 1:29

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
We pay $852.00 for a 2 bedroom, 2 bath, 1200 sq ft apt.

Posted on: 2010/2/1 17:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 11:59
Group:
Registered Users
Do you know how much the monthly common charges are?

Posted on: 2010/2/1 16:58

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/18 18:53
From Near the water, but on the land
Group:
Registered Users
I am in the process of selling my apt and buying something in one of the newer buildings. I had absolutely no desire to even look at Trump - the possibility of me buying there was close to zero. However... yesterday I decided to pop in to the sales office just for the heck of it. I was blown away. After seeing what I saw I just dont know that I could consider something else. The apartments were very well laid out and the amenities, well, there are just no words to describe it. Actually, I have been describing it like being in Disneyland. Very very impressed.

Posted on: 2010/2/1 16:45

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
There is a licensing deal that puts Trump's name on the building. Trump Management runs the building. All building staff is employed by Trump Management. They do a great job and have an excellent reputation.

Posted on: 2010/1/26 21:00

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/30 19:58
From Italian Village
Group:
Registered Users
by the way...anyone who thinks that Donald Trump has anything to do with that building, you are naive.

That building is as trump as the federal post office is federal. haha!

Someone pays trump a lump of cash to use his name so people want to buy his stuff because everything Trump touches turns to gold.

"Hey man, Jersey City MUST be up and coming if trump is building there."

Posted on: 2010/1/26 20:27

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I own a unit in the building. I have lived in the building for a year and a half. The units ares close to 60% sold. The updating of the lobby is till ongoing. I would reserve final judgment until the work is completed. I for one am not horrified. The new sponsor is spending a lot of money to dress up the lobby and the amenities floor / outdoor space. It\'s not coming out of the owners\' pockets.

The sponsor are using a high-end designer to redecorate the lobby, etc. Will his taste please everyone? I doubt it. I\'m sure there will elements that I don\'t care for either. If you have better ideas, use them in your own apartment and be happy that other people are paying the freight to upgrade the common areas in your building.

Making the building more attractive to potential buyers and getting positive press in major publications is a win win for the owners. The staff is great. The views are amazing. The amenities are top notch. If you arrange a tour with the sales office I\'m sure you will not be disappointed.

Now we have a sponsor with deeper pockets who seems to be making a concerted effort to attract new buyers. I hope they succeed. It would be great for the building and the neighborhood if they leased the larger retail spaces. As everyone knows, it\'s a tough real estate market.

Posted on: 2010/1/26 20:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
One need only look at Donald Trump himself to know that his idea of style and luxury are a little out of the ordinary. Have you seen his hair? Have you seen his line of ties and business wear? Gross. Why should his buildings be any different?

Posted on: 2010/1/25 21:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/3/26 15:30
Group:
Registered Users
I have lived there for over a year now and I can't believe what they are doing to the building. Most of the current residents are horrified by the changes. The original design was ok as it was. Although I do like the new purple felt on the pool tables, the rest is trashy. What kind of buyers do they think will suddenly open wide their wallets when they see curtains and purple carpets. Be afraid, be very afraid. I don't see the building going rental, the current owner iStar, is looking for an exit strategy. If anything, they should consider an auction to close out the sales on the remaining units. It's really juist a question of price not drapes. On a positive note the building staff is really excellent and the views are incredible.

Posted on: 2010/1/25 14:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/28 12:09
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:
Quote:

Coming soon, according to Mr. Noriega-Ortiz: a purple carpet to the sidewalk, bearing the Trump family crest in gold; white drapes in the reception area with purple liners; and the lighting of the top of the building to produce a purple-tinted glow.

uh..."Trump family crest"?

Classay:

Resized Image

Posted on: 2010/1/24 20:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/1/7 4:11
Group:
Registered Users
Part of the Trump formula.....when it doesn't sell make it more gaudy and borderline tacky at a minimum price.....reaching out to the more international demographic with what many consider to be ostentatious displays of wealth, ironically added for minimum cost to convey image.

Posted on: 2010/1/23 23:49
I'm not perfect.....but I'm not all bad either.

« 1 (2) 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017