Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Healy and emails
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Well, that was the night before, the night before my 30-something birthday, and yes I do know where I was....but I don't recall his name!

Posted on: 2006/8/29 23:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/13 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
That's all quite impressive Ms. Pinkowitz but you are avoiding councels question. I must ask you once again. Where were you on the night of June 22nd 1995 between the hours of 8:15 and 10:35 PM? Your Honor, please direct the witness to answer the question.

Posted on: 2006/8/29 23:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Here's the only logical answer: HEALY CAN'T READ.

But boy, can he drink. And lay around naked. And ignore all civic duties, not to mention moral responsibility and plain old common sense and politeness!

He is a total embarrassment to this city. And kind of a jerk to boot.

LostGirl: your Healy e-mail rocks.

Posted on: 2006/8/29 23:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DanL wrote:
Emails- The only way I would have had your AOL "home" account email address would have been if you sent me an email from it.

Fundraiser tickets - you offered me complementary tickets to a political fundraiser during a city council meeting in November 2004, the Tsunami did not occur until the end of December, after Christmas.

Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:

Dan, you?ve lost your mind!

You?re correct on one point and ONE point only, we never corresponded via city e-mail. BECAUSE YOU WOULD ONLY SEND E-MAILS TO MY AOL HOME ACCOUNT! Btw, the tickets we offered to you and everyone else? was to the fundraiser that was being done for the victims of the Tsunami, where 100% of the proceeds went to Unicef.

Also, I had nothing to do with PAD and left that strictly to the Councilman, the only involvement I had was with 110/111 when they were not working within the scoop of their permits and the city ordinances. I would never have made a call to anyone to discuss the PAD since I wasn?t fully knowledgeable in that area.

You really do have a distorted view on the correct facts.

Have a happy day, as always it's a pleasure.

Thank you for replying so quickly, boy you really had to do some digging to resurrect this thread.

Once again Dan you?re wrong.
I have never bought a political fundraising ticket, sold a ticket or ever hacked them out, NOT MY STYLE!
I don?t even attend these types of events. I make it a policy never to do this and the Councilman was aware of this when he hired me. When the Councilman hired me he knew right from the start that the only thing I contribute too, do soliciting of funds for, or volunteer my time for is chartable causes.

1) Again the only fundraiser that my boss, the former Councilman had during the winter was for the Tsunami Victims and yes I worked very hard on that one. Proudly we raised over $20,000.00.

2) It would have been impossible for me to be at any Council meeting from mid October thru October 31st because I was on the West Coast taking my first Vacation in over a year, and days after that my father took ill and died on shortly after. I didn?t return to doing any evening Council meeting or neighborhood group meetings till December.
My time in the council office during December was only in the day time, If you recall I did the fundraising and the event for the Chavez family who was the single mom with three kids who lost everything to a fire and had no insurance. Also, I do the Dear Santa letters for over 1200 children a year so there goes me at any December night time anything, the only place you could find me in the evening was at a toy store filling Dear Santa letters.

So this leads us into January/February when I returned to going to all the Council meetings and also was the time that Former Councilman Maldonado did the fundraiser event for the Tsunami Victims, and yes he did ask me to give some tickets to a few select folks. and BTW if you recall Junior did have a fundraiser in early September 04, that was the last political fundraiser he had and where he did invite the folks from 111 join him as his guest, many of them attended and he had the chef prepare them. whatever they wanted, as you recall many had the electric shut off due to that Arson fire at their building, and Junior felt they may need a night off from all the drama. Possibly you were aware of this but the invite was for the folks from 111 St., not you!

So before you accuse me of anything, make sure you get facts and your dates straight.
My facts are the facts; your attacks; like a hole in water, just false accusations that have a distorted time table and little to no merit...

And one more thing Dan, ?president of a civic organization?, your ?Fire, Ready, Aim? type of personality/temper will get you little to no results. You may want to re-think your approach NOT everyone is the bad guy!

Best of luck to you!

Posted on: 2006/8/29 23:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Emails- The only way I would have had your AOL "home" account email address would have been if you sent me an email from it.

Fundraiser tickets - you offered me complementary tickets to a political fundraiser during a city council meeting in November 2004, the Tsunami did not occur until the end of December, after Christmas.

Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:

You?re correct on one point and ONE point only, we never corresponded via city e-mail. BECAUSE YOU WOULD ONLY SEND E-MAILS TO MY AOL HOME ACCOUNT! Btw, the tickets we offered to you and everyone else? was to the fundraiser that was being done for the victims of the Tsunami, where 100% of the proceeds went to Unicef.

Also, I had nothing to do with PAD and left that strictly to the Councilman, the only involvement I had was with 110/111 when they were not working within the scoop of their permits and the city ordinances. I would never have made a call to anyone to discuss the PAD since I wasn?t fully knowledgeable in that area.

Posted on: 2006/8/29 18:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/10 15:54
Group:
Banned
Quote:

DanL wrote:
No, I never received a written or telephone response to any letters or email sent to former Councilman Maldonado. As posted on jclist in the past, while I found him accessible, during my two year tenure as Harsimus Cove Association president (calendar years 2003 and 2004), I never received a response, by letter, by email or by phone to letters or emails that I sent on behalf of HCA.

Since you are bringing this up, I never met or knew who you were until a November 2004 council meeting when you approached and offered me a complementary ticket to a political fundraiser.

In early 2005, I believe February, when I was no longer on the board of HCA, you called me out of the blue at my business and updated me on a whole range of issues. From this conversation resulted a difference of opinion regarding a meeting that you offered to set up with Councilman Maldonado on the Warehouse District / PAD.

In order to get a response from the councilman, I had to ask face to face.

My only non face to face communication was during some demo of 110 First Street, I was given his cell phone number by a neighbor too timid to call him on a Sunday. I called him and he had already been to the scene, also saying not to hesitate calling.

As I said, he was accessible, but no, never responded to written mail or email correspondence.

Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:

Dan, I?m only responding to the comment "never from any other council person"

During my two years with Former Councilman Maldonado, there were numerous communications from you, to both the Councilman and/or myself and at all times one of us responded to you, either by phone, email or even getting into our cars to respond to a situation.
Your home and work number was on both of our cells phones because we spoke with you that many times. And, his office was always readily available to you and all other constituents.

Dan L is a tool.

Posted on: 2006/7/13 0:26

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/8/6 12:00
From Hoboken
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

lostgirl wrote:
This is what I sent:

Subject: FREE BEER

Mayor Healy, Now that I have your attention can you please take a walk down to the Grove St PATH and tell me why it is so dirty and dilapidated. If you need directions just ask anyone who lives in Jersey City. Try to resist having a 40 with the regulars at the station.

Thanks!

Oh my! That is a good one! Did he reply?

Posted on: 2006/7/12 17:27

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/8/6 12:00
From Hoboken
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mrrogers wrote:
Has anyone tried to send a 'message in a bottle' it may be better recieved.The difference between the first year of the Healy adm.and the first 60 days of the booker term in newark could not be more dramatic.While booker punches his fist in the air and yell's "let's get moving"jersey city has just become a punch line to various naked mayor jokes.

I bet if we get a good young mayor of our own (Fulop!) we'd move foward!

Just sayin...

Gina

Posted on: 2006/7/12 17:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/19 17:53
Group:
Registered Users
Has anyone tried to send a 'message in a bottle' it may be better recieved.The difference between the first year of the Healy adm.and the first 60 days of the booker term in newark could not be more dramatic.While booker punches his fist in the air and yell's "let's get moving"jersey city has just become a punch line to various naked mayor jokes.

Posted on: 2006/7/12 17:16

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/11 12:35
From Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
Quote:

"There are more than 200,000 people in this city, and I have to represent them all, not just a group of them," said Healy. "Some people are going to disagree with my decisions, and I am OK with that."

Wow, how many times has the Mayor or one of his allies used that line?

He used it to marginalize the Embankment Preservation Coalition ("I represent everyone, not just the EPC"), he used it to marginalize the Reservoir Alliance ("I represent everyone, not just the Alliance"), and recently Mariano Vega used it to marginalize an entire neighborhood when he was shilling for Lloyd Goldman's towers ("We have to represent everyone, not just the residents of PAD").

Too right. If you ignore every special interest group, then aren't you ignoring everyone? After all, "Everyone" is simply an amalgam of special interest groups.

In this case, "everyone" means "no one" (who is not handing out hookers, beer, or campaign funds, that is.)

Posted on: 2006/7/11 14:32
"Contemplate this upon the Tree of Woe."

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DanL wrote:
No, I never received a written or telephone response to any letters or email sent to former Councilman Maldonado. As posted on jclist in the past, while I found him accessible, during my two year tenure as Harsimus Cove Association president (calendar years 2003 and 2004), I never received a response, by letter, by email or by phone to letters or emails that I sent on behalf of HCA.

Since you are bringing this up, I never met or knew who you were until a November 2004 council meeting when you approached and offered me a complementary ticket to a political fundraiser.

In early 2005, I believe February, when I was no longer on the board of HCA, you called me out of the blue at my business and updated me on a whole range of issues. From this conversation resulted a difference of opinion regarding a meeting that you offered to set up with Councilman Maldonado on the Warehouse District / PAD.

My only non face to face communication was during some demo of 110 First Street, I was given his cell phone number by a neighbor too timid to call him on a Sunday. I called him and he had already been to the scene, also saying not to hesitate calling.

As I said, he was accessible, but no, never responded to written mail or email correspondence.

Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:

During my two years with Former Councilman Maldonado, there were numerous communications from you, to both the Councilman and/or myself and at all times one of us responded to you, either by phone, email or even getting into our cars to respond to a situation.
Your home and work number was on both of our cells phones because we spoke with you that many times. And, his office was always readily available to you and all other constituents.

Posted on: 2006/7/11 14:27

Edited by r_pinkowitz on 2006/7/11 15:05:07
Edited by r_pinkowitz on 2006/7/11 15:07:18

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/11/30 18:54
Group:
Banned
This is what I sent:

Subject: FREE BEER

Mayor Healy, Now that I have your attention can you please take a walk down to the Grove St PATH and tell me why it is so dirty and dilapidated. If you need directions just ask anyone who lives in Jersey City. Try to resist having a 40 with the regulars at the station.

Thanks!

Posted on: 2006/7/11 14:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:

Posted on: 2006/7/11 13:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DanL wrote:
Worse, never have received a response from Council President Vega to emails or written correspondence during this or prior council terms, never from any other council person EXCEPT current Ward E Councilman Steven Fulop, who in my experience responds to every, letter, email and phone call.

Posted on: 2006/7/11 1:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
A Letter to the Editor can be more effective and the politicians read the papers (maybe not their own mail).

Actually, in my own experience, the Healy administration is marginally better at responding than the Cunningham administration to written correspondence.

Worse, never have received a response from Council President Vega to emails or written correspondence during this or prior council terms, never from any other council person EXCEPT current Ward E Councilman Steven Fulop, who in my experience responds to every, letter, email and phone call.

The way to get anything done- unless your council person takes up your cause, which some may do, you need to mount a massive media campaign to embarrass the players.

By the way, I would like to get a copy of the letter regarding pedestrian issues on Newark Ave. from "swooshy", it should go to Councilman Fulop, the Downtown SID, City Planning among others and be submitted to the current Jersey City Regional Waterfront Access and Downtown Circulation Study which info has been posted on this board.

Posted on: 2006/7/10 22:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/5/16 16:22
From beneath the jumping sheep
Group:
Registered Users
This is absolutely ludicrous. Why bother posting an email address on the website if he (or his staff) has no intention of reading or responding?

When I worked for a NJ Senator last year, we were responsible for responding to every single letter, email, fax, phone call, and office visit by a constituent. Even when we had no recourse or official response, we still made it a point to respond and refer the constituent to the proper agency or individual.

We need a true leader in Jersey City, one that will help us become the world-class city that we have the potential to be. In the meantime, we have to make this embarrassment of a Mayor accountable for his actions, or in this case, his lack thereof.

Posted on: 2006/7/10 16:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/7 17:42
From Ward E - Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
If you don't get a reply, write letters to the editor to the Jersey Journal and JC Reporter. When tens of thousands of people read it, it WILL get noticed by the Mayor's office.

Quote:

swooshy wrote:
Not only does he not answer email he doesn't answer letters sent by the post office either. I sent a six page letter detailing the problems for pedestrians on Newark Avenue and did not get the courtesy of a reply. This was after an elderly woman was KILLED on Newark Ave. If if this is not important, what the **** is in this city?
Better start reading your mail sir.
PS
I have a receipt from the post office showing it was delivered so don't try the "we didn't get it" routine.

Posted on: 2006/7/10 3:44

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/6/23 4:56
From Take a wild guess
Group:
Registered Users
"There are more than 200,000 people in this city, and I have to represent them all, not just a group of them," said Healy.

Resized Image

6/17/06: Mayor Jerramiah T. Healy representing citizens of Jersey City during goodwill trip to Bradley Beach, NJ.

Posted on: 2006/7/10 2:42
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/16 16:24
Group:
Registered Users
Not only does he not answer email he doesn't answer letters sent by the post office either. I sent a six page letter detailing the problems for pedestrians on Newark Avenue and did not get the courtesy of a reply. This was after an elderly woman was KILLED on Newark Ave. If if this is not important, what the **** is in this city?
Better start reading your mail sir.
PS
I have a receipt from the post office showing it was delivered so don't try the "we didn't get it" routine.

Posted on: 2006/7/10 2:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

"There are more than 200,000 people in this city, and I have to represent them all, not just a group of them," said Healy. "Some people are going to disagree with my decisions, and I am OK with that."

Wow, how many times has the Mayor or one of his allies used that line?

He used it to marginalize the Embankment Preservation Coalition ("I represent everyone, not just the EPC"), he used it to marginalize the Reservoir Alliance ("I represent everyone, not just the Alliance"), and recently Mariano Vega used it to marginalize an entire neighborhood when he was shilling for Lloyd Goldman's towers ("We have to represent everyone, not just the residents of PAD").

This is a common refrain in this city. Anyone involved in civic activity is smeared as a "special interest" and some utterly preposterous deal or policy is justified as being in "the interests of everyone, not just [insert neighborhood or civic watchdog group here]"

It's a good way to justify ignoring any civic participation, save for a few handpicked people to create a Potemkin Village.

By 2009, I'd like to see how many times the city has used this line to figure out how many people he has explicitly stated he does NOT represent.

Posted on: 2006/7/10 0:01

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/1/5 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
hahaha... i was the one that wrote the mayor about the rock n roll issue.. that sucks.

Posted on: 2006/7/9 21:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/20 16:31
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Annod wrote:
We have a pretty pathetic choice for mayor. Ignore our emails? Get drunk? Get naked?

Yeah, hizonner's a pig, without a doubt. But he's a hottie, right?
You can't say that about Mike Bloomberg.
Tho, on second thought, Cory Booker is a handsome man;
but he just doesn't have the jin say kwa that Jerri the
Man has got goin on.

Posted on: 2006/7/9 18:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
The "E-mail the Mayor!" link is a placebo, just like the walk buttons in NYC.

For Exercise in New York Futility, Push Button
http://www.heidineilson.com/pushforluck/pushforluck.html

In our case, "For Exercise in Jersey City Futility, Click on Link"
http://www.cityofjerseycity.com/

Posted on: 2006/7/9 16:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/10 15:54
Group:
Banned
yet there is an "email the mayor" callout on the city website. why is this so prominent if he doesnt read emails

what happened to C.A.R.E.?

write that fat bastard!

MayorHealy@jcnj.org

Posted on: 2006/7/9 15:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/7 17:42
From Ward E - Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
"I quite simply don't e-mail people, nor do I read e-mail," said Healy.

If you want the mayor to read your e-mail, you have to be creative. "FREE BEER" as the subject should get his attention.

Posted on: 2006/7/9 15:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
We have a pretty pathetic choice for mayor. Bloomberg in New York City used to give out his home phone number. Cory Booker in Newark is willing to take a pay cut. What does our mayor do? Ignore our emails? Get drunk? Get naked?

Posted on: 2006/7/9 15:25

Healy and emails

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/7/31 15:06
Group:
Registered Users
YOU'VE GOT MAIL!
In Internet age, a 'click' gets message to mayor
Saturday, July 08, 2006
By JARRETT RENSHAW
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

John Lynch, 45, had a problem with Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy.

And instead of marching down to City Hall to voice his concern, he logged on to his computer, as many other city residents are starting to do.

"Mayor Healy . what is going on with the Heights . it looks like the slums," Lynch wrote in an e-mail to Healy's public e-mail address. "I understand you are from the Heights . do you care?"

Lynch is one of hundreds of city residents, many spurred by anger and frustration, who crank out e-mails in the hope that their voices will be heard.

"I tried other ways to reach out, so I had no where left to turn," said Lynch.

The Jersey Journal obtained all messages sent to Healy's City Hall e-mail address, MayorHealy@jcnj.org, for the first quarter of this year, under the state Open Public Records Act.

The e-mails, often colorful and biting, reveal discontent and frustration, while also showing that in a city the size of Jersey City, the mayor will never make everybody happy.

News of the city's proposed 18 percent property tax hike prompted a flood of e-mails from residents, describing in harsh terms what the impact would be and offering some choice words for the mayor.

"So, I ask you Mayor Healy why have our property (taxes) skyrocketed? Yes, my street has one less pothole, but if filling a pothole cost an additional $2,000 per year in taxes, I would have preferred the pothole," wrote one resident.

One Downtown resident described how his wife was mugged at gun point.

"I don't want to worry about my wife getting home safe from work at 7 p.m. every night," wrote the resident.

The e-mails reveal that Jersey City officials began to consider selling new taxi licenses.

"We have 104 taxi licenses," wrote Al Cameron, deputy director of the city Department of Housing, Economic Development and Commerce, to the city's business office. "If we auctioned off 21 new licenses and averaged $200,000 each, we could generate approximately $4 million . .it may be a good one-shot deal for our budget." Responding to that, another city official offered some humorous advice on what would have been a controversial suggestion.

"Please set aside funds to purchase flak jackets for those presenting this idea to the Council," wrote the official.

A Jersey City musician lamented the death of rock 'n' roll and made a desperate plea for help.

"What advice can City Hall possibly offer me?" the man wrote. "While I have gone nearly deaf from all the talk about Culture that can be heard . in the Downtown area, I find myself in such a desperate position for help that my only recourse is to contact you, our Fine Mayor."

Healy e-informed by Action Team
Saturday, July 08, 2006
Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy says there is not enough time in the day for him to read and respond to all the e-mails to his public address - even if he were so inclined.

"I quite simply don't e-mail people, nor do I read e-mail," said Healy.

Healy said the Mayor's Action Team reads all the e-mail - which is mostly junk mail - and responds when necessary. Often the e-mails are sent to the city department that can address the problem being raised, he said.

However, Healy could not point to one problem that was addressed because of an e-mail to his public address.

As mayor of the state's second largest city, Healy says he is used to the type of criticism that fills his in-box.

JARRETT RENSHAW

Posted on: 2006/7/9 2:04

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017