Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
141 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 141

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Former Jersey City Medical Center Doctor sentenced and deported for sexual assault on patient
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Taken from the Florida Standard:
--------------------------------------------------------

Doctor sentenced for assaulting patient

Adel Hassan Regaila, the local doctor accused of assaulting a female patient will be deported back to Egypt after pleading guilty to aggravated assault during Monday's court hearing.

Dr. Adel Hassan Regaila, the local doctor accused of assaulting a female patient will be deported back to Egypt after pleading guilty to aggravated assault. Regaila was before Judge David Glant Monday and agreed to a plea to the assault charge in exchange for a charge of sexual battery being dropped.

Regaila’s arrest in October 2005 on three counts of sexual battery shocked the community when photographs of the handcuffed doctor made local papers. The victim, one of Regaila’s patients came forward with allegations that he sexually assaulted her during a routine exam on October 4.

After the first incident was reported, the victim volunteered to sneak a hidden camera usually utilized for drug investigations into the examination room in her purse during her next scheduled appointment. Due to a power failure with the electric equipment, investigators were unable to retrieve data of Regaila touching her breasts and again rubbing himself against her.

With the cooperation of the victim, police were able to obtain a video tape of a similar assault on October 20. Regaila could be seen fondling her as he rubbed against her in an apparent sexual manner. Near the end of the meeting, he can be clearly seen exposing himself to the victim and making a sexual comment.

Before sentencing, Judge Glant read the victim’s statement in court. She said in part that, "Panic attacks come out of nowhere. I don’t sleep at night and I am afraid of any man I don’t know."

Regaila was sentenced to the time he has spent in jail, but will be held until a deportation hearing. His medical license was also revoked and he will not be allowed back in the United States. At the time of his arrest, he had been practicing in Baker County for approximately four months. He also saw patients at Baptist Hospital and St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Jacksonville.

Regalia had previously worked at the Jersey City Medical Center in New Jersey. The Florida Department of Health says a search of the Division of Medical Quality Assurance’s database reveals no past complaints against Dr. Regaila.

Posted on: 2006/6/30 23:07

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017