Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
133 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 133

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 »

Re: JC Post Office - Be Very Afraid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/9/5 2:01
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
FYI - we need to start hammering the JC USPS via the inspectors office in Newark:

https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/contactUs/filecomplaint.aspx

I don't know if this is like every other bottomless pit in Jersey, but maybe they will start to take a harder look at our miserable post office.

Posted on: 2010/1/19 19:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/8/27 23:48
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Shadow wrote:
This is beyond one or two mis-delivered letters. It is widespread throughout the entire downtown area. The name for this is "theft of service". We pay almost 50 cents to have a letter delivered and it winds up in the wrong place. Consistently. This should be a matter for the hierarchy of the Postal and Federal Police. Multiply what we know in our neighborhoods times the city and state. There are thousands of dollars lost/stolen by the Postal Service on a daily basis. It is a crisis and must be exposed.

Competition would improve incentives to promote efficiency. Jus sayin.

Posted on: 2010/1/9 2:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/18 2:23
From Not in JC anymore
Group:
Registered Users
Also....

5 CFR ? 2635.204(a) Gifts of $20 or less.

(a) Gifts of $20 or less.
An employee may accept unsolicited gifts having an aggregate market value of $20 or less per occasion, provided that the aggregate market value of individual gifts received from any one person under the authority of this paragraph shall not exceed $50 in a calendar year. This exception does not apply to gifts of cash or of investment interests such as stock, bonds, or certificates of deposit.

Posted on: 2010/1/9 2:29
- Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/18 2:23
From Not in JC anymore
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:
I caught my mail carrier in the act of giving me someone else's mail. when I handed it back to her saying, "wrong street," she held up her hand and gestured towards the blue tooth in her ear, then turned and walked away, too busy chatting to hear what her customer had to say.

this woman had the audacity to leave me an envelope for a tip (THIS she manages to deliver correctly, year after year). that envelope went into the trash.

From the US Office of Government Ethics - Gifts From Outside Sources

Executive branch employees are subject to restrictions on the gifts that they may accept from sources outside the Government. Generally they may not accept gifts that are given because of their official positions or that come from certain interested sources ("prohibited sources"). Prohibited sources include persons (or an organization made up of such persons) who --

* are seeking official action by, are doing business or seeking to do business with, or are regulated by the employee's agency, or
* have interests that may be substantially affected by performance or nonperformance of the employee's official duties.

In addition, an employee can never solicit or coerce the offering of a gift, or accept a gift in return for being influenced in the performance of an official act. Nor can an employee accept gifts so frequently that a reasonable person might think that the employee was using public office for private gain.

There are a number of exceptions to the ban on gifts from outside sources. These allow an employee to accept --

* a gift valued at $20 or less, provided that the total value of gifts from the same person is not more than $50 in a calendar year
* a gift motivated solely by a family relationship or personal friendship
* a gift based on an employee's or his spouse's outside business or employment relationships, including a gift customarily provided by a prospective employer as part of bona fide employment discussions
* a gift provided in connection with certain political activities
* gifts of free attendance at certain widely attended gatherings, provided that the agency has determined that attendance is in the interest of the agency
* modest refreshments (such as coffee and donuts), greeting cards, plaques and other items of little intrinsic value
* discounts available to the public or to all Government employees, rewards and prizes connected to competitions open to the general public.

There are other exceptions, including exceptions for awards and honorary degrees, certain discounts and other benefits, attendance at certain social events, and meals, refreshments and entertainment in foreign countries.

These exceptions are subject to some limitations on their use. For example, an employee can never solicit or coerce the offering of a gift. Nor can an employee use exceptions to accept gifts on such a frequent basis that a reasonable person would believe that the employee was using public office for private gain.

If an employee has received a gift that cannot be accepted, the employee may return the gift or pay its market value. If the gift is perishable (e.g. a fruit basket or flowers) and it is not practical to return it, the gift may, with approval, be given to charity or shared in the office.

Reference: 5 C.F.R. ?? 2635.201-205.

Posted on: 2010/1/9 2:17
- Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/2 20:55
Group:
Registered Users
This is beyond one or two mis-delivered letters. It is widespread throughout the entire downtown area. The name for this is "theft of service". We pay almost 50 cents to have a letter delivered and it winds up in the wrong place. Consistently. This should be a matter for the hierarchy of the Postal and Federal Police. Multiply what we know in our neighborhoods times the city and state. There are thousands of dollars lost/stolen by the Postal Service on a daily basis. It is a crisis and must be exposed.

Posted on: 2010/1/9 1:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

I actually caught one woman in the act. I was waiting for an important letter and kept watching for the postman. The woman mail carrier delivers the mail next door and then walks past my door to the houses across the street. I pop out of the house and ask her if there is anything for my address. There was. My important letter. Her comment: "Oh, I didn't see your door."

I caught my mail carrier in the act of giving me someone else's mail. when I handed it back to her saying, "wrong street," she held up her hand and gestured towards the blue tooth in her ear, then turned and walked away, too busy chatting to hear what her customer had to say.

this woman had the audacity to leave me an envelope for a tip (THIS she manages to deliver correctly, year after year). that envelope went into the trash.

Posted on: 2010/1/8 21:13

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/11 20:22
Group:
Registered Users
I had received two x-mas packages from Europe - and NEITHER prompted the post office to bring me a notice of arrival note. It was very distressing, thinking that the presents my family sent me were lost. I finally walked into the main post office, said that I am expecting a package from . The employee walked around, then said that package is orange or red, right? and walked to a different place to get my package, which she then brought to me. Thank goodness the package was not raided and lost. Same with another package, that I received well into the new year. Any suggestions on how to get hold of the postmaster and complain?

Posted on: 2010/1/8 18:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

2DogDoll wrote:
Complain to the Postmaster at the Main Post Office on Washington Street.

I actually caught one woman in the act. I was waiting for an important letter and kept watching for the postman. The woman mail carrier delivers the mail next door and then walks past my door to the houses across the street. I pop out of the house and ask her if there is anything for my address. There was. My important letter. Her comment: "Oh, I didn't see your door."

I complained and found out that she's done this many times to many other addresses, so do contact the main post office. You may get some satisfaction. I did for a while ...

I think this is an ongoing problem the mailmen hold the ace when it comes to your letters. I believe they are skipping lots of houses to speed up their route and decided when and to whom it concerns. I used to receive mail every day now I notice there is no mail on Mondays and Saturdays. Those are 2 days of the mail week I would want to take it easy. Also I think Christmas tipping has a lot to do with it. I heard through the postal grapevine that the older(age&residents) "customers" still tip but not the "new" (young) ones.

Posted on: 2010/1/8 18:11

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/15 16:15
Group:
Banned
Complain to the Postmaster at the Main Post Office on Washington Street.

I have continuing problems with my mail being returned to sender. Checks. Letters. Netflix.

The mailman who usually does the route, Nick, is excellent, I couldn't ask for better. All of my mail delivered, all of the time and with a terrific smile. But, when someone else fills in, especially with some of the women carriers, my door is passed by.

I complained and found out that she's done this many times to many other addresses, so do contact the main post office. You may get some satisfaction. I did for a while ....

Posted on: 2010/1/8 17:53

Re: Mail Disappearing
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/2 23:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

radryan03 wrote:
Has anyone had issues with their mail disappearing? I've had two incidents in the past month. I never received my wageworks MTA monthly pass for December and a letter a family member sent with a gift certificate hasn't arrived.

I let my family member know it should have been insured... but it is what it is.

You are not alone. I recently learned that some of my mail was being delivered to the wrong address (correct street number, but incorrect street!). only learned this because the person at the wrong address was diligent enough to track me down and let me know. unbelievable to me how poor the post office is in jersey city. never experienced anything like it. another example: i've recently moved to a larger building in downtown jc where the mail carrier has twice (in just one month) simply dropped the entire building's mail on the floor in front of the mailboxes and not bothered to sort.

Posted on: 2010/1/8 12:43

Mail Disappearing
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/9/5 2:01
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Has anyone had issues with their mail disappearing? I've had two incidents in the past month. I never received my wageworks MTA monthly pass for December and a letter a family member sent with a gift certificate hasn't arrived.

I let my family member know it should have been insured... but it is what it is.

Posted on: 2010/1/8 5:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
OMG. I didn't think it was possible that any post office could be worse than the one on Montgomery. That was before I had suffered the hell known as the Central Avenue post office - the one next to the Parking Authority. I had to go get some visitor parking permits today, and the Parking Authority refuses to take anything other than money orders for those, so you have to go next door to the post office for a money order. What a great scam those two agencies have going. At the post office the line was unbearably long and there was only one window open, staffed by a surly woman. I figured if I was going to stand in line, I might as well fill out any necessary forms for the money order while waiting. (One of my biggest pet peeves at the post office is shunting people off to the side to fill out a form, forcing them to cut to the front when they're done - thereby slowing down the line to a virtual standstill). I walked up to the front merely to ask if I needed a form for a money order, and the clerk started screaming "ONE LINE! ONE LINE!" at me. She basically screamed that at any person who had the nerve to approach her with a question. I suspect she screamed so she didn't have to actually answer any questions, and she wanted EVERYONE to stand in that line, even to ask a question.

Money order finally in hand, I went to the Parking Authority, where there was more screaming by clerks at members of the public flummoxed by JC's byzantine parking rules, the forms and the extremely limited payment methods. I was in store for even more screaming as I hadn't properly filled out the money order. I felt like screaming back. Really, when was the last time anyone ever used a money order?! I think the last time for me was in high school, because I didn't have a checking account!

Posted on: 2009/12/1 22:41

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/19 17:37
Group:
Registered Users
It's impossible even to get ahold of someone at the main JC Post Office on Washington. If you call their number (201-915-7041), no one EVER picks up the phone and when you do get the recorded message, it just tells you that they don't have voicemail.

Posted on: 2009/11/25 16:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Actually, the USPS has only been around since 1970, hence the confusion with dates. It is all semantics, really, but to the people who write laws and such, this is a very important distinction. The US Postal Service, as it currently exists, was instituted by the Postal Reorganization Act of 1970, and operations with that new name started in 1971. Prior to then, it was called several different names: US Post Office, Post Office Department, Constitutional Post, Pony Express, etc.

So, when the article states that six-day delivery dates back to the 1980's, it is technically correct, even if we know otherwise.

Posted on: 2009/11/23 13:06

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/2 23:19
Group:
Registered Users
since 1863, the u.s. postal service has been on a 6-day schedule, and in major cities, often delivered mail several times per day.

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=c ... teAdEfFv-b3XA5VoK1w&pli=1

Posted on: 2009/11/23 12:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 18:03
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Bailout in the Mail
A break from pension obligations won't touch the Postal Service's fundamental problems.

The Washington Post
Wednesday, July 29, 2009

IT LOOKS AS IF the U.S. Postal Service is getting its bailout. The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee has advanced legislation to relax the Postal Service's obligation to prepay its employee retirement benefits, an action that would save it an estimated $2 billion annually. But even this may not be enough to save mail service as we know it.

Everyone who advocates ending the USPS pension prepayment notes that this obligation is unique among federal agencies. But there is a reason for this. Unlike other federal agencies, whose future ability to pay retirement benefits remains unquestioned, the USPS's ever-declining mail volume has made prepayment seem like a sensible precaution. If the Postal Service can't afford to pay for these retiree benefits now, what makes Congress think it will be able to pay in the future, when the number of postal ratepayers will have plummeted still further? If first-class mail volume continues its downward spiral, taxpayers will be next to foot the bill.

With the rise of the Internet and the current economic downturn contributing to a drop in mail volumes, the Postal Service has been hemorrhaging money; it is projected to lose more than $6 billion in the current fiscal year. Relaxing its obligation to prepay retirement benefits will be a substantial reprieve, but this lifeline will be costly if it does not lead to rethinking USPS's future. The Postal Service's status as a huge governmental entity, with more employees than the Detroit Three automakers combined, made sense when the country communicated, paid its bills and maintained its relationships by mail. No longer. Although an end to the recession may drive mail volume back up, it is not likely to return to former levels. And as the USPS increasingly becomes a center for package shipping and direct-mail advertising, its role as a governmental institution will become more and more questionable.

A report released Tuesday by the Government Accountability Office placed the USPS on a financial high-risk list unless it significantly cuts employee benefits, removes excess capacity and creates more competitive products. These are all useful recommendations, as is the suggestion that the Postal Service create a plan to maintain viability in light of the changing role of mail. But broader reform is needed.

The USPS's own proposed remedy for its fiscal woes involves limiting its universal service obligation to five days of delivery a week. Shocking as this change may sound, the requirement to deliver mail six days a week dates back only to the early 1980s; this does not have to remain the model. As people depend less and less on mail for their critical communications, even five days may not be the most efficient delivery level.

Changing the USPS's costly obligations must also mean reconsidering its lucrative monopoly on mail delivery, which no longer makes sense. The Postal Service's status must be adjusted to fit its changing role in communications. Otherwise, this bailout will not be the last.

Posted on: 2009/11/23 5:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Actually, the USPS is not a regular federal agency. That is a common misconception among most people. The USPS was created as a federal agency under Title 39, Section 101.1, of the Federal Code (CFR) but it is then modified under Title 39, Section 401. Basically, the USPS is an semi-independent entity with limited taxpayer support: about $100 million per year. Those monies are a "reimbursement" by the government to cover certain regulatory requirements imposed upon the USPS (free mailing of materials for the legally blind, the mailing of ballots and other election materials for people overseas, etc.) Of course, with federal monies there are always strings attached, and that is how Congress still retains a limited control over some matters related to the USPS.

Still, the USPS is pretty much free to do as it wishes as long as it meets its few Congress-mandated requirements.

Posted on: 2009/11/22 19:00

Re: Post office in Paulus Hook
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Your congressman takes care of any issues with a federal agency. The post office is a federal agency.

Anybody who has a complaint about the post office should contact Congressman Albio Sires. The more the better.

Congressman Albio Sires
Jersey City
35 Journal Square, Suite 906
Jersey City, NJ 07306
Phone: 201-222-2828
Fax: 201-222-0188

http://www.sires.house.gov/index.php? ... task=view&id=25&Itemid=51

Posted on: 2009/11/22 15:06

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/4 1:14
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I try and avoid the post office on Washington as much as I can. I had my mail held one time while on vacation. I had requested for my mail to be delivered and restarted on a certain date. Mail did not start up again for 3 days. I went to the post office to the window that says "Mail Held" told them I wanted to pick up my mail and also complain that it had not started up again. I was shoo'd away to go to another window. The other window was where people got their passports. There were 4 people in line to get their passports. I went back to mail held and said, "look, forget the complaint part, I just want my mail." She told me this is not where you pick up held mail. I told her the window says "mail held," I just saw someone pick up their held mail there and that is where I had picked it up in the past. She refused to give me my mail so I had to wait about 30 minutes in line for people to get passports so I could pick up my mail. I sent in a written complaint, but I am sure no one cares.

Posted on: 2009/11/22 6:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/9 20:03
Group:
Registered Users
I'm assuming everyone is talking about the main post office on Washington Blvd. It is the worst post office in the city, and a lot of the people who work there are nasty. I ussed to drive over to the Lafayette PO because the people who worked there were very nice and helpful. Unfortunately they closed that office. I still drive to the other smaller offices which I've had better luck with. what is it with that place on Washington Blvd?

Posted on: 2009/11/22 3:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I have said it before, and will do so again. The USPS is a great operation everywhere, except JC. I have never seen more inept people gainfully employed. City Hall has nothing on them... I truly despise going into any of the USPS offices in JC. Customer service is non-existent, rude behavior is the norm and complete apathy is the only thing you should expect from the staff at any of the local stations. I wish the national HQ managers would order some sort of internal audit of the local operation.

As others have pointed out, retrieving a package, even when addressed to oneself, and armed with proper identification, is an ordeal. Don't even think about trying to mail packages during the busy holiday season... you will likely stand in line for close to an hour. I have had that happen to twice already!! No longer... Now, I do all of my mailing or shipping from one of the offices across the Hudson in Manhattan.

Also, try asking one of the staff members for free boxes (specially the flat rate Priority Mail ones) and you will get a reply along the lines of "those no longer exist" (clearly not true) or "those are not available through local stations, they must be ordered online" (also false!)

Posted on: 2009/11/22 2:53

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/1/9 1:38
From Bay Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

BrightGirl wrote:
Ah yes, how comforting to hear about other horrible JC PO experiences. Regarding #5 above, I presented a signed card and my ID and was then hassled by the clerk about not having the same last name as my husband.

"I don't have to give this to you at all, you know," was his great customer-service oriented reply.

Then walked around the package office mocking me in a high pitched voice because I had said, "It's 2009. Not everyone changes their last name."

I went in there to CLAIM MY OWN PACKAGE with a VALID California driver's license and was hassled: "What is that? I don't know what that is...that's not a valid ID...You can't come in here with no fake ID."

Lady WTF. It took everything in me not to absolutely explode on her.

Posted on: 2009/11/22 2:20

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/19 17:37
Group:
Registered Users
Ah yes, how comforting to hear about other horrible JC PO experiences. Regarding #5 above, I presented a signed card and my ID and was then hassled by the clerk about not having the same last name as my husband.

"I don't have to give this to you at all, you know," was his great customer-service oriented reply.

Then walked around the package office mocking me in a high pitched voice because I had said, "It's 2009. Not everyone changes their last name."

Posted on: 2009/11/21 22:53

Re: Post office in Paulus Hook
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/1/9 1:38
From Bay Street
Group:
Registered Users
Ahh, the USPS is one of my hot button topics. JC PO is hands down the WORST post office I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. Most inept, inefficient PO and I've seen them from coast to coast.

Things I don't understand about the USPS:

1. Why can't they hire relatively menial "runners" to go fetch packages instead of having the desk clerk go fumble about, take 12 minutes to retrieve packages and hold up the 50 people in line?

1a. Why do they have like 2 people working?

1b. Why can't they automate package retrieval so the clerk knows exactly where to find shit?

1c. Why is the package desk not always open? And why are the package clerks such MASSIVE jerks at the JC PO?

2. Why aren't there MANY MORE automated stations in every post office?

3. If you insure a package and also get delivery confirmation, your insurance is USELESS because once proof of delivery occurs any insurance claim is IMPOSSIBLE to prove unless you were there when it was delivered. They certainly don't tell you this when you purchase, but will tell you this when you try and make a claim.

4. Why do the JC postal workers NOT KNOCK ON DOORS or RING THE BELL? Notices appear days later with the final notice box checked. Huh?

5. Anybody can claim your package if you have a notice and sign it in the person's name. However, having an unsigned notice, proof of residence at the same place, proof of marriage to the person who's package it is, is not sufficient.

It is no wonder that they just posted a 3.8 BILLION DOLLAR LOSS for fiscal 2009. http://www.logisticsmgmt.com/article/ ... fiscal_year_2009_loss.php" rel="noopener external" title=""> http://www.logisticsmgmt.com/article/ ... fiscal_year_2009_loss.php

They need consulting from UPS and Fedex to modernize their disaster of an operation.

Posted on: 2009/11/21 17:51

Post office in Paulus Hook

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/14 17:27
Group:
Registered Users
What is wrong with this place?@! Of all the places I've lived this has to be one of the slowest and least efficient post offices Ive ever been to.

i always dread having to go mail a package because it takes at least a half hour of waiting. Even the automated kiosk has a line with people taking the longest time to figure out how to use it.

Jeez I hate this place!

Posted on: 2009/11/21 17:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Well, I finally received my January 2008 NJN Guide. It showed up in my mailbox today. I wonder where it's been for ten months.

Also, there is a piece of mail in the mailroom for someone who lives on Monmouth St. I live a mile away.

Posted on: 2008/10/21 1:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
Funny this topic should resurface. I'm in the midst of tracking a package I ordered from Eddie Bauer back on July 11. They are the worst online retailer in terms of what they charge for shipping and the time it takes to get here. They use USPS, and if you want UPS instead, they insist you pay more. Anyway, in tracking the package, the thing has sat at the post office in Edison, NJ for a week. This morning, it's at the post office in Stony Brook, NY. Anyone know why on earth the USPS would send a package destined for JC from central NJ all the way out to effing Long Island??? For some odd reason, my Amazon packages using the free shipping deal, which also uses USPS, never seem to have any problems - but all the others do. Can anyone shed any light on this??

Posted on: 2008/7/22 13:40

Re: Lost mail in Jersey City
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/3 0:37
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
A month or so ago I was home during the daytime and parcel post rang my buzzer to deliver a package. I was so shocked I thought it must've been some kind of scam and when the delivery guy arrived at my door he'd be a Jehovah's Witness, or something.

As it was, this was the first time in my ten years living downtown that parcel post had attempted to actually deliver a package to me. Always in the past they simply pasted those yellow stickers to my door and I had to shlep to the post office on Sat. mornings, stand at that window in the back where the workers ignore you for a minimum of five minutes no matter how many times you clear your throat or say "excuse me" to the woman eating a dingdong and staring at a speck on the ceiling. Since my wife works from home I know that they're not attempting to make deliveries, and I've sort of resigned myself for paying extra to have UPS or Fedex as carrier whenever I buy something online.

Posted on: 2008/7/21 18:38

Re: Lost mail in Jersey City

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/9/3 19:52
Group:
Registered Users
lived in Downtown JC since 97...mail delivery has always been spotty at best. Not sure if the problem is at the branch or the carriers but there is definitely a problem.

I have my important items sent to my work addy in NYC so they do not get "lost"

Posted on: 2008/7/21 18:08

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/5 0:20
Group:
Registered Users
I rent an apt in a small new apt building by JSQ and I had a problem with DHL claiming they delivered something, signed by some name who was the "receptionist" in my bldg - but we have no receptionist and the name didn't belong to any tenant in the building. I now ship all packages to my parent's house in the suburbs of central NJ. And I now see the value in having a concierge service.

The post office by JSQ is also a total nightmare, I've never had to pick anything up luckily, and for shipping things out I've taken to the UPS store across the street.

That being said, my daily mailman has been fine. I get mail even when people leave off my apt unit # - which is a sign of competence.

Posted on: 2008/7/21 13:58

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017