Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
128 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 128

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: Join Team Vas
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/19 17:53
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MCA wrote:
Welcome back. This question was answered on another thread, "Election coming up....time for new leadership":

Quote:
JPhurst wrote:
One slot is to fill the vacancy of Menendez, but I believe that will only take effect in November.

One is for the regular two year term.

There is no distinction between the two on the ballot. However, Sires is running uncontested for the two month term. Whichever row has both Vas and Sires is the election for the full two year term.

Vas claims that he was somehow tricked by Corzine into thinking that there wasn't a special election. Frankly, if you are running for that seat, you make sure you have all your ducks and a row and get on the ballot in all spots.

It was an inexplicable blunder in what has otherwise been a pretty aggressive campaign by Vas.

It was mentioned that one option could be to write-in a vote for Vas on line 3.

What will happen is this,if Vas wins Sires will have to remove his name from the Nov.ballot.In order for Sires to be a congressmen for six weeks he would have to step done as mayor and state assemblymen,he is not going to give up that power.Plus the powers that be will force him to do it for the party.So in reality the confusion is on the sires side.If your for Vas you know were he is right smack in the middle of the ballot.Go Vas.......

Posted on: 2006/6/1 22:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/29 4:06
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JohnGalt wrote:

Yes, because a single senator is able to control the economy of the whole country. I fail to understand what you are talking about.

The chairman of Goldman Sachs is really the unofficial chairman of the U.S. economy.

Posted on: 2006/6/1 20:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
I think he's referring to Corzine before he went into politics.

I too, am curious as to whether Justiceiro thinks the former head of Goldman Sachs had "zero ability to think about economic theory."

Posted on: 2006/6/1 18:02

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/23 3:57
From Who is John Galt?
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

alb wrote:
Quote:

Justiceiro wrote:
When I live up North, I always vote republican because the Democrats here are basically communists and/or race baiters with zero ability to think about economic theory...

Er.... Corzine, for all his apparent faults as governor, sort of ran the economy.

Yes, because a single senator is able to control the economy of the whole country. I fail to understand what you are talking about.

Posted on: 2006/6/1 4:24
"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/29 4:06
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Justiceiro wrote:
When I live up North, I always vote republican because the Democrats here are basically communists and/or race baiters with zero ability to think about economic theory...

Er.... Corzine, for all his apparent faults as governor, sort of ran the economy.

Posted on: 2006/6/1 3:24

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/1/23 17:55
Group:
Banned
Welcome back. This question was answered on another thread, "Election coming up....time for new leadership":

Quote:
JPhurst wrote:
One slot is to fill the vacancy of Menendez, but I believe that will only take effect in November.

One is for the regular two year term.

There is no distinction between the two on the ballot. However, Sires is running uncontested for the two month term. Whichever row has both Vas and Sires is the election for the full two year term.

Vas claims that he was somehow tricked by Corzine into thinking that there wasn't a special election. Frankly, if you are running for that seat, you make sure you have all your ducks and a row and get on the ballot in all spots.

It was an inexplicable blunder in what has otherwise been a pretty aggressive campaign by Vas.

It was mentioned that one option could be to write-in a vote for Vas on line 3.

Posted on: 2006/5/31 23:54

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/5/16 12:56
Group:
Registered Users
Hey all-

I recently moved back to the area, and I got my sample ballot for this primary in the mail. So can anyone tell me why Sires' name is on the ballot twice, and Vas' only once?

Any insights appreciated.

Posted on: 2006/5/31 23:41

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/11 12:35
From Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
Quote:

Justiceiro wrote:

wha? As opposed to representing the Republican wing of the Democratic Party?

When someone claims to represent "the democratic wing of the democratic party" that's a code word for "I am almost totally unelectable, and if I do somehow manage to get elected, I will be absolutely marginalized and innefectual"

Think "Niel Kinnock"

Maybe if Joe Vas were running for President, but he's not. He's running for the Democratic nomination in a district which is about as slam dunk Democratic as you can get. There were some thoughts in the 80s that it could go Republican, but it never happened. That is, of course, one reason (if not the only reason) that Sires switched parties.

Great, so the looney wing of the democratic party has Jersey City in its pocket? That?s nice.

When I live up North, I always vote republican because the Democrats here are basically communists and/or race baiters with zero ability to think about economic theory that requires simple functions like addition and subtraction and the recognition that resources are finite.

When I am down south, I vote demcorat, because the republicans are appalling ignorami of low breeding and ostentatious yet false piety. Very similar to Jersey Democrats, except for average skin tone.

Posted on: 2006/5/31 23:20
"Contemplate this upon the Tree of Woe."

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Mr. Rogers is Vas is all the way.

Whose endorsed Mr. Sires?
Hudson County Political Crooks.....

Whose endorsed Mr. Vas?
DFA - Democracy for America
Councilman Steven Fulop
Sierra Club
Two of New Jersey's leading LGBTI rights organizations, Garden State Equality and New Jersey Stonewall Democrats
Councilman Tony Chiaponne
Good Government Talking Politics

Polls are close, Mr. Rogers thinks this is the chance to take back the neighborhood!!!

Posted on: 2006/5/31 21:49

Art + Politics

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/2/2 4:42
From The Chicken Co-operative
Group:
Registered Users
This is a call for artists to participate in an organized exhibition entitled ?WHAT HAVE U GOT 2 SAY 2006.? This exhibition positions itself as a platform in which a vocal, proactive arts community will stand firm and urge MAXIMUM PARTICPATION in the election process through an emphasis of our right and duty to vote according to our Constitution, as citizens of the United States.

WHYGTS 2006 desires to incorporate all art media including but not limited to painting, photography, sculpture, printing, installation, collage, and video, as well as mainstream media used to disseminate news and information including television, radio and sound bites, newspapers and other forms of publishing, and takes on traditional campaign materials such as posters, t-shirts, buttons, and the like. We are looking to present a gallery installation that is as NOISY and CONFRONTATIONAL as our election process used to be.

This show is in many ways a sequel to the exhibition of the same title, held at Grace Church Van Vorst in October 2004. This exhibition will open on September 7 2006 at Mana Fine Arts Gallery in Jersey City.

For further information please visit:
What Have U Got 2 Say

Posted on: 2006/5/31 19:15

Hide User information
Last Login :
2006/6/6 15:59
Group:
Registered Users
The Final Stretch -- When/Where Can You Help?

We are in the final stretch of the campaign. Things are looking good -- our polls still have us ahead, and we've been hearing that they're getting nervous on the other side.

So, we need to determine who's going to be doing what on Election Day and the days leading up to it. We need plenty of street workers on Election Day, so if there's any way you can get that day off and spend it somewhere in Jersey City working for the Vas campaign, you'll be making a big difference.

We also need canvassers for Thursday through Monday. Please contact me at jstuiver@gmail.com ASAP and let me know if/how/when/where you can help.

Posted on: 2006/5/31 19:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Justiceiro wrote:

When someone claims to represent "the democratic wing of the democratic party" that's a code word for "I am almost totally unelectable, and if I do somehow manage to get elected, I will be absolutely marginalized and innefectual"

Think "Niel Kinnock"

Maybe if Joe Vas were running for President, but he's not. He's running for the Democratic nomination in a district which is about as slam dunk Democratic as you can get. There were some thoughts in the 80s that it could go Republican, but it never happened. That is, of course, one reason (if not the only reason) that Sires switched parties.

Posted on: 2006/5/22 14:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Straight from Joe Vass:

Resized Image

US House

Background: Since 1990, I have served as the Mayor of the City of Perth Amboy, New Jersey. In the last 10 years, crime has been reduced by 62% under my leadership. While property taxes went up in the last 10 years by 58% in New Jersey, it only went up 5% in Perth Amboy. Perth Amboy is a major city which hosts one of the county's largest hospitals. In 2003, I was elected to the New Jersey General Assembly in a tough primary race. I am currently serving in my second term as a state assemblyman. In my first year in the assembly, I sponsored more bills than any other freshman assemblyman in New Jersey's history. I am proud of my record on sponsoring tough ethics legislation.

Goals: I am running because I believe that the US Congress needs an articulate Democrat who will fight George Bush on every one of his immoral policies. I believe I am that person.

Issues: 1) End the war in Iraq.
2) Preserve Social Security
3) Protect the Environment

Grassroots Support: My campaign is a grassroots campaign. I am running a full field campaign in all 4 counties. The 13th District is an open seat, recently vacated by Senator Bob Menendez. The district includes some of New Jersey's major cities such as Woodbridge, Perth Amboy, Newark, Elizabeth, Jersey City, Bayonne, Hoboken and others. I am running a grassroots campaign to reach each individual....voter by voter so I make personal contact with everyone. I will make myself receptive to every individual during the campaign and to every constituent after I am elected to congress.

Posted on: 2006/5/17 22:16
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/11 12:35
From Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
[/quote]

[/quote]

Think "Niel Kinnock"

Posted on: 2006/5/17 19:55
"Contemplate this upon the Tree of Woe."

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/8/6 12:00
From Hoboken
Group:
Registered Users
Vas is a good guy. I like what I have read about him. I like what I have seen and heard when I have met him. I think he will do a great job for us.

Gina

Posted on: 2006/5/17 19:32

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/27 19:46
Group:
Registered Users
I am bumping this thread to the top as it is valid discussion and especially in light of the smear campaign that has started (Bright posted on the other thread and Mouse mentioned)

The smear campaign is Hudson County at its best. The reason, you are seeing this now is that 5 months ago everyone said Joe Vas didn?t have any chance in this election and as of last week?s polling he is up. It is close but he is up. So they panic and do this.

To keep you all in the loop and as a follow up to Mouse and Bright's post, Joe Vas did a press conference directly in front of Albio?s office today at 11AM on the smear campaign. I have attached the press statement below. Enjoy as I think it is well said.

Press Statement From Joe Vas

It is no coincidence that just as public opinion polls show my campaign surging into the lead, Albio Sires had begun a false and misleading negative smear campaign. The charge that I aided a drug dealer is an outright lie and has been proven one. I?ve even publicly taken a lie detector to assure my constituents, which is more than Albio Sires has ever done.

This unprincipled sleaze attack is the classic reaction of a panicked political boss. Albio Sires has spent his whole campaign hiding from me, from the press and from the voters, whose vote he cynically takes for granted. Can any voter remember a single time they?ve seen Albio Sires speak, whether on TV or in person?

Albio, it?s time to stop hiding. If you believe what you are saying, then say it to my face. Meet me for two publicly televised debates in the last two weeks of the campaign ?and then say to me what you are having your sleaze machine say on radio and in the mail.

Voters know that I have spent this campaign talking about issues and what I want to do as their representative in Washington. But I?m no wide-eyed innocent when it comes to politics - and Albio?s campaign. This is what boss run machines do, they hide and then they throw mud. Albio?s attacks will not go unanswered. In return I will utilize the strongest attack there is,. I will quote Albio Sires own record - a record of political opportunism, backroom deals and shifting political positions.

To paraphrase Harry Truman, I won?t give him hell, I?ll just quote his record and he?ll think it?s hell!

Now, so that people can better understand Mr. Sires? inability to tell the truth, we?ve complied just a few of the many lies that Albio and his campaign have uttered.

Posted on: 2006/5/17 18:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/16 20:23
From not downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mrrogers wrote:
Did you know that Albio Sires was Republican until 1990.He last ran for this con.seat in 1986 as a extreme anti abortion NRA endorsed candidate.

- - - - -

http://www.nj.com/news/jjournal/index ... 47684289255850.xml&coll=3

Barry Brendel, a spokesman for Vas, criticized the tactic taken in the commercials.

"He forgot to add that he pushed for more lenient gun control laws in an earlier campaign or that he supports drilling in the Arctic Wildlife Refuge or that he was the chief supporter of the developer's fast track bill," Brendel said. "He also forgot to add that he pushed for no federal funds for abortion."

- - - -

Interesting development.

I can't make it to the meeting where Sires is speaking, but could someone ask him what he found appealing with the Republican party? And, what is is stand on abortion? And, what is his stand on drilling in the arctic?

Might be revealing.

-M

Posted on: 2006/5/17 11:37
I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.
W. C. Fields

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

harsimus wrote:

While Vas sounds like a decent guy who can definitely take credit for turning around Perth Amboy, I don't like this positioning him as a "non-machine" or clean candidate. While its true he's not a member of the HCDO machine, that doesn't mean he doesn't have his fingers in plenty of pies down in Middlesex Co. And he is definitely well funded, that campaign money came from somewhere (not his own pockets).

Open Secrets.org

Total Raised and Spent
2006 RACE: NEW JERSEY DISTRICT 13

NOTE: All the numbers on this page are for the 2005-2006 House election cycle, based on Federal Election Commission data released on Friday, April 28, 2006. Feel free to distribute or cite this material, but please credit the Center for Responsive Politics.

Albio Sires (D)

Raised: $1,030,647
Spent: $274,519
Cash on hand: $756,128
Last Report: 3/31/2006

PACs: $107,413 (10%)
Individuals: $922,984 (90%)
Candidate: $250 (0%)
Other: $0 -

Joseph Vas (D)

Raised: $436,883
Spent: $247,917
Cash on hand: $188,964
Last Report: 3/31/2006

PACs: $4,000 (1%)
Individuals: $432,883 (99%)
Candidate: $0 -
Other: $0 -

John J. Guarini (R)
No reports on record for this candidate.

Posted on: 2006/5/17 4:56
Resized Image

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Mouse wrote:
Aha!

Let the mud flinging begin....

Just got a flyer from the Spires campaign. Apparently, Vas looks out for heroin dealers.

I suppose some voters will look at this smear piece and vote for Spires, but for me it is simply a boomerang.

I have no great affection for Vas (really don't know squat about him), but this crap from the Spires campaign seals it for me for now....

Yes, it isn't Hudson country politics without dirty pool, but that doesn't mean we gotta like it.

-M

Hey mouse, I got the same flyer and just posted same. I heard Joe Vas speak at last HCA mtg. and Spires will speak tomorrow, Wed, May 17th @ 7:30PM at HCA mtg.

I agree with what you say about smear campaigns and Hudson County politics, and after hearing Vas speak and checking out his Perth Amboy record I've joined the Vas team and the DFA. See this link: Joe Vas for US House
Resized Image

This will definitely backfire on Spires and may have already as see this article here:

MEMORANDUM
Re: 13th Congressional District Survey Results
Date: May 15, 2006

The Democratic primary for Congress in New Jersey's 13th Congressional District is now a toss-up, thanks to a surge in support for Joe Vas. Vas, the mayor of Perth Amboy and a state assemblyman, would take 26% if the primary were held today, while 24% would go to Albio Sires.

These results establish Vas as the candidate with the momentum, since our initial survey in October of last year put Sires ahead, 30% to 22%. The main cause of this shift is voters' positive response to the Vas message. In fact, there are now almost as many voter familiar with Vas
(36%) as with Sires (38%) - a significant change from October when Vas was familiar to just 15% while Sires was familiar to 28%. Vas is now viewed favorably by 24% of primary voters, up from 12% in October.

Vas' positive movement comes as Democratic primary voters continue to very pessimistic about the way things are going in country as a whole (15% right direction/68% wrong track).

This memorandum summarizes results from a telephone poll of a randomly selected sample of 400 registered voters in New Jersey's 13th Congressional District who are likely to vote in the June Democratic Primary Election.

Interviewing was conducted May8-10, 2006. Special care was taken to ensure that the geographic and demographic divisions of the actual electorate are properly represented in the sample. The estimation error associated with a sample of 400 is 4.9 percent at the 95% confidence interval. This means that in 95 of 100 cases, the results of this poll are within 4.9 points, plus or minus, of the results that would have been obtained if all likely voters in New Jersey's 13th Congressional District had been interviewed.

Global Strategy Group is a leading polling firm. Clients include Newark Mayor-elect Cory Booker, former North Carolina Senator John Edwards, New York State Attorney General Eliot Spitzer, and many members of the United States Senate and Congress.

Posted on: 2006/5/16 22:13
Resized Image

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/16 20:23
From not downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Aha!

Let the mud flinging begin....

Just got a flyer from the Spires campaign. Apparently, Vas looks out for heroin dealers.

I suppose some voters will look at this smear piece and vote for Spires, but for me it is simply a boomerang.

I have no great affection for Vas (really don't know squat about him), but this crap from the Spires campaign seals it for me for now....

Yes, it isn't Hudson country politics without dirty pool, but that doesn't mean we gotta like it.

-M

Posted on: 2006/5/16 21:36
I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.
W. C. Fields

Joe Vas for Congress -- See for Yourself!!!

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Tune in to NJN's On the Record tomorrow (Sunday May 7) or Monday May 8 to see Assemblyman Joe Vas in action debating Albio Sires in the race for the Democratic nomination for Congress in the June 6 primary.

Vas, a strong and energetic debator, is guaranteed to wipe the floor with Albio.

Details from NJN.net:
Sunday, May 7 at 9 am and 11 am; Monday, May 8 at 6:30 am
Host:
Michael Aron, Senior Political Correspondent
Guests:
Assemblyman Albio Sires (D) West New York ? 13th Congressional District Democratic Primary Candidate
Assemblyman Joe Vas (D) Perth Amboy ? 13th Congressional District Democratic Primary Candidate
Topics:
Two candidates in the 13th Congressional District Democratic Primary face each other

On The Record airs Sundays at 9 am and 11 am, and Mondays at 6:30 am. The program is hosted by NJN News Senior Political Correspondent Michael Aron. Executive Producer is Ed Rodgers.

Join Hudson DFA's Team Vas: http://dfalink.com/group.php?id=1295

Posted on: 2006/5/6 21:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HudsonDFA wrote:

On dual office holding: MrRogers is right -- you cannot hold multiple seats once you attain federal office. Within N.J. state and municipal offices, I have to say, this is another case where we need to change the system rather than blame its participants. Did you know that state Legislature positions are officially part-time? So are most mayoralty's and council seats. As long as that's the case, it is inevitable that politicians will hold two offices the same way someone would work multiple part-time jobs, and one can often make the case for two offices synergizing with one another. I'm for making all these positions full-time, raising the salary accordingly, and then prohibiting dual office-holding.

In some cases, one of the offices held is a full time job. In several cities, the position of Mayor is full time. Sharpe James held a state Senate seat while serving as mayor of Newark (for some reason, he now says he opposes dual office holding and will not run for re-election as Mayor. Joe Doria currently is both Mayor of Bayonne and a state Senator.

The system should change. But there are plenty of people gaming it without justification.

Joshua

Posted on: 2006/4/27 23:46

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/5/31 16:25
Group:
Registered Users
Vas has set up a campaign page on DFA. Please go voice your support:
http://www.dfalink.com/campaign.php?id=1309

Posted on: 2006/4/27 21:23

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/8/28 20:47
From Wayne BTW Jersey/Barrow
Group:
Registered Users
Honestly, my bad, I don't know much about Joe Vas. My parents live in Perth Amboy and I grew up there. Where they live is still a dump and when I was there a couple of weeks ago my mom told me there was an armed robbery downtown and the storeowner was shot (killed too I think). Smith Street makes our Newark Avenue look like a paradise... it's a small town but still pretty urban.

Now that I think about it, with all the new (better) housing their downtown area is booming, however, it's of the Payless & 99cent variety.

Is that good or bad?

Posted on: 2006/4/26 19:02
... When life gives you lemons - Make Lemontini's!!

Dennis Deyoung is a musical genius

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/21 13:26
Group:
Registered Users
great point on the double dipping Harismus..."inherently power concentrating". Here here! Whatever we need (and Vas may be the best choice available) that dynamic is not it.

Posted on: 2006/4/26 16:01

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
To answer a few questions:
Mouse, you should check out Open Secrets' report on fund-raising and spending in this race. Sires has actually raised twice what Vas has, and more of Vas's money comes from individuals. Check it out:
http://opensecrets.org/races/summary.asp?ID=NJ13&Cycle=2006

I'm all for radically reforming the campaign money system, but don't blame candidates for raising lots of money -- it's the only way to win under our current system. If progressive candidates shy away from money, we cede all seats to truly corrupt candidates, and get nowhere.

Harsimus:

I actually lived in Middlesex County for many years and can attest that Vas genuinely operated outside of, and often against, the county Democratic machine. He has always been a maverick who stands up for what he believes, and doesn't buckle to the party hierarchy. As far as campaign money, see what I told Mouse. Let's be realistic here. The more active a role we play in the local grassroots arm of his campaign, the more claim we can lay to being the true shareholders in his victory and the more power we have to hold him to his word. You may want to consider sending a check his way yourself. Like you said, the money's got to come from somewhere -- why not us? Then we know exactly to whom he's accountable.

On dual office holding: MrRogers is right -- you cannot hold multiple seats once you attain federal office. Within N.J. state and municipal offices, I have to say, this is another case where we need to change the system rather than blame its participants. Did you know that state Legislature positions are officially part-time? So are most mayoralty's and council seats. As long as that's the case, it is inevitable that politicians will hold two offices the same way someone would work multiple part-time jobs, and one can often make the case for two offices synergizing with one another. I'm for making all these positions full-time, raising the salary accordingly, and then prohibiting dual office-holding.

Posted on: 2006/4/26 14:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

harsimus wrote:
Quote:

HudsonDFA wrote:
...Vas represents the Democratic wing of New Jersey's Democratic Party...

While Vas sounds like a decent guy who can definitely take credit for turning around Perth Amboy, I don't like this positioning him as a "non-machine" or clean candidate. While its true he's not a member of the HCDO machine, that doesn't mean he doesn't have his fingers in plenty of pies down in Middlesex Co. And he is definitely well funded, that campaign money came from somewhere (not his own pockets).

Which brings me to my last point. I hate the fact that in NJ people can run for multiple elected positions. There is something inherently power concentrating and corrupt in this process. But since it is the process I would rather have my double-dipping rep. be local. Will Vas remain as mayor of Perth Amboy and also represent Jersey City and Perth Amboy equally? I doubt it. We're seeing a lot of him now that he needs JCs votes. But will we see him much after a Vas win in November?

Love that vas deferens joke! Poor guy has probably been hearing that since 10th grade biology.

Did you know that Albio Sires was Republican until 1990.He last ran for this con.seat in 1986 as a extreme anti abortion NRA endorsed candidate.
As for dual job holding either winner can only be a congressman
there is no dual office holding at the federal level.
When i met Vas at the HCA meeting he pledged to open his main office downtown on newark ave.
As for a local guy being better,what has Sires ever done for Jersey City.There are six weeks left lets check them both out and try to pick a candidate who is best for Jersey City.

Posted on: 2006/4/26 13:08

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/9/23 17:02
From Wayne Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HudsonDFA wrote:
...Vas represents the Democratic wing of New Jersey's Democratic Party...

Which brings me to my last point. I hate the fact that in NJ people can run for multiple elected positions. There is something inherently power concentrating and corrupt in this process. But since it is the process I would rather have my double-dipping rep. be local. Will Vas remain as mayor of Perth Amboy and also represent Jersey City and Perth Amboy equally? I doubt it. We're seeing a lot of him now that he needs JCs votes. But will we see him much after a Vas win in November?

Love that vas deferens joke! Poor guy has probably been hearing that since 10th grade biology.

Posted on: 2006/4/26 12:27

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/8 22:31
Group:
Registered Users
THAT VAS DEFERENS JOKE WAS G'DAMN FUNNY!

Posted on: 2006/4/26 4:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Ok DFA i'm on board.As i said during the BOE election we need to get together to show strength.One thing i have learned about this Joe Vas,he has been mayor of Perth Amboy for 15 years and totally rebuilt the waterfront without one ABATEMENT.
The lit.that i have gotten so far has been very clean and informative.I am sure mr. Vas is about to get a severe dose of hudson county slime though.
I would also like to see a debate.Why can't the JC list board send a questionare to both candidates and see where they stand on our issues,The Embankment,Bergen Arches,Reservior,finishing the walkway,affordable housing etc.

Posted on: 2006/4/26 1:27

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017