Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
134 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 134

more...

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9) 10 11 12 ... 31 »

Re: Whole Foods in JC?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
Resized Image

Whole Foods to occupy main floor of the Trust Company building

Whole Foods coming to Jersey City, signs lease for store in iconic Trust Company building.

By Michaelangelo Conty | The Jersey Journal
on March 31, 2015 at 9:28 PM

Whole Foods has signed a lease for a 29,000-square-foot outlet in the former Trust Company Bank building in Journal Square. The formal announcement is expected next week, a spokesman confirmed.

No other details were available this eveing.

Mayor Fulop has been campaigning to bring the healthy food store to the city since becoming mayor in 2013. He gave Co-CEO Walter Robb and a regional president a tour in 2014.

The store will anchor the Trust Company?s conversion into a multi-use building, featuring 127 studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments on the upper floors. The main level will house the new store.

Co-CEO Robb stated the new stores proximity to a major transportation center in the heart of Journal Square as a deciding factor. ?We look forward to having ?yuppies? from all over Jersey City travel to Journal Square to shop with us? Robb said.

Mayor Fulop was quoted as saying ? this is what we have been waiting for, it will put the rebirth of the Jewel of Jersey City? Journal Square into over drive?.

The project is a joint partnership between the Jersey City-based Hanin Group and L&D Development Partners of New York.

Whole Foods, with 364 stores in the U.S. and abroad, has 10 stores in New Jersey, mostly in upscale locations such as Montclair, West Orange and Princeton.
wait, this must be true since the story is from march 31. i can't weight.

He *filed* the story late at night on the 31st. Most likely because he knew it wouldn't get online (and/or print) until the 1st. Also, I don't think there is any way that the WF co-CEO is going to refer to their future clients as "yuppies".

Lastly, this store is not at all mentioned in their list of upcoming stores: WF Stores in Development

Posted on: 2015/4/1 18:08

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/5 12:37
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
yea but try to find the story online. doent exist. at least i couldnt find it even on their site. unless i am missing something im calling shennanigans

also it's conte not conty and he mostly does police reporting.
i been int hat building and i doubt it would be big enough.

so consider this busted

Posted on: 2015/4/1 17:47

Edited by Consumed on 2015/4/1 18:10:42
Censorship is for pussies!!!!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
wait, this must be true since the story is from march 31.

Good point.

Posted on: 2015/4/1 17:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
Resized Image

Whole Foods coming to Jersey City, signs lease for store in iconic Trust Company building.

Whole Foods has signed a lease for a 29,000-square-foot outlet in the former Trust Company Bank building in Journal Square. The formal announcement is expected next week, a spokesman confirmed.

Mayor Fulop has been campaigning to bring the healthy food store to the city since becoming mayor in 2013. He gave Co-CEO Walter Robb and a regional president a tour in 2014.

The store will anchor the Trust Company?s conversion into a multi-use building, featuring 127 studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments on the upper floors. The main level will house the new store.

Co-CEO Robb stated the new stores proximity to a major transportation center in the heart of Journal Square as a deciding factor. ?We look forward to having ?yuppies? from all over Jersey City travel to Journal Square to shop with us? Robb said.

Mayor Fulop was quoted as saying ? this is what we have been waiting for, it will put the rebirth of the Jewel of Jersey City? Journal Square into over drive?.

The project is a joint partnership between the Jersey City-based Hanin Group and L&D Development Partners of New York.

Whole Foods, with 364 stores in the U.S. and abroad, has 10 stores in New Jersey, mostly in upscale locations such as Montclair, West Orange and Princeton.
wait, this must be true since the story is from march 31. i can't weight.

Posted on: 2015/4/1 17:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sussexst wrote:
Oh ha ha aren't you clever. A fake story on April Fools' Day.

Yeah I didn't believe the story about the WF van. Doesn't really matter now that the plans for the WF up the Square have been announced.

Quote:
whoa, WTF just came back in from my morning run and saw a wholefood van on Ocean and Wade... They now deliver.

Posted on: 2015/4/1 16:33

Edited by neverleft on 2015/4/1 16:56:50

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/6 17:42
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Oh ha ha aren't you clever. A fake story on April Fools' Day.

Posted on: 2015/4/1 16:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2015/4/1 16:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

07310 wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
whoa, WTF just came back in from my morning run and saw a wholefood van on Ocean and Wade... They now deliver.

WF has always had a delivery service, I'm not sure if JC is in the delivery area. Perhaps that's where the delivery driver lives.

Perhaps, but I sincerely doubt she lives around there.

The WF in Tribeca (the one a block north of the PATH station) used to deliver to JC. For whatever reason, that is not reflected when using the website, but I remember seeing JC listed on the board of places to which they deliver, and the fee was about $20.

Posted on: 2015/4/1 14:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/19 15:21
Group:
Registered Users
Whole Foods Tribeca has offered delivery to DTJC for a few years now. You have to physically shop there and then pay a $15 delivery fee. I wonder how many people actually do that?

Posted on: 2015/4/1 14:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

07310 wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

WF has always had a delivery service, I'm not sure if JC is in the delivery area. Perhaps that's where the delivery driver lives.

Perhaps, but I sincerely doubt she lives around there.

Posted on: 2015/4/1 13:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

Posted on: 2015/4/1 13:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/4/1 12:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
The new Wegman's being built in Hanover will be 140,000 square feet on 38 acres.

Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Playing devil's advocate...

In a suburban area how many well to do people would be within 15 miles? Maybe 50,000-100,000 (max)? I would say there are 100,000 fairly well to do people in just downtown JC and Hoboken (maybe include Weehawken in that mix) who would shop at a Whole Foods, Wegmen's, TJ's etc).

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
No, you're not wrong to want it. I get it. I'd like one here as well, but it's very unlikely to expect it. Their model is VERY big stores with a large, well to do population within 15 miles.

Posted on: 2015/1/24 17:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Playing devil's advocate...

In a suburban area how many well to do people would be within 15 miles? Maybe 50,000-100,000 (max)? I would say there are 100,000 fairly well to do people in just downtown JC and Hoboken (maybe include Weehawken in that mix) who would shop at a Whole Foods, Wegmen's, TJ's etc).

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
No, you're not wrong to want it. I get it. I'd like one here as well, but it's very unlikely to expect it. Their model is VERY big stores with a large, well to do population within 15 miles.

Posted on: 2015/1/24 17:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Keep drinking the kool-aid yuppies!

A group of New Jersey consumers has gone to court to prove that some supermarkets are making half-baked claims that their bread is made from scratch in their own stores.

Lawsuits filed against Wegmans and Whole Foods on behalf of shoppers from Burlington and Camden counties accuse the supermarket chains of misleading consumers with in-store advertisements boasting breads that are "Store Baked" or "Made in House."

More

Posted on: 2015/1/24 14:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/7/7 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
For whatever it's worth, both Trader Joe's and Whole Foods could easily move into Lakawanna Center. Cake boss leased 30,000 + sq/feet and might we'll be considered an "anchor" to further attract lease signing. Parking is probably adequate and it's proximity between JC & Hobo & The Holland Tunnel probably can't be beat.

http://lackawannacenter.com/about.php

Posted on: 2014/12/31 1:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Ask them. You're not likely to get a Cartier at the Newport Mall either.

Quote:

Sommerman wrote:
[quote]
Monroe wrote:
No, you're not wrong to want it. I get it. I'd like one here as well, but it's very unlikely to expect it. Their model is VERY big stores with a large, well to do population within 15 miles. [/quote

WF and TJ have at least two models - urban and suburban - why can't Wegman's?

Posted on: 2014/12/29 15:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/15 0:07
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
[quote]
Monroe wrote:
No, you're not wrong to want it. I get it. I'd like one here as well, but it's very unlikely to expect it. Their model is VERY big stores with a large, well to do population within 15 miles. [/quote

WF and TJ have at least two models - urban and suburban - why can't Wegman's?

Posted on: 2014/12/29 14:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/12/28 21:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/4 8:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Where could you site a Wegman's in JC? Have you ever been in one? Have you ever seen the size of the parking lots in Wegman's? Many here push JC as being a place where people don't need cars-have you ever seen a person leaving a Wegman's without many, many bags-that they, in suburbia, put into the back of a giant SUV?

Monroe, my post wasn't meant to start an argument. It is my personal opinion. I have been to many different Wegmans. I have no idea WHERE Wegmans could be located in JC. It is not Costco or BJ's where people buy in bulk.You don't ALWAYS have to do a massive shop. And yes, I have seen MANY people in Wegmans go through the "12 items or less aisle".
I simply dream of a place where there is an abundance of variety. Is there anything wrong with wishing for a better store where everyone can shop?

Posted on: 2014/12/28 21:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Where could you site a Wegman's in JC? Have you ever been in one? Have you ever seen the size of the parking lots in Wegman's? Many here push JC as being a place where people don't need cars-have you ever seen a person leaving a Wegman's without many, many bags-that they, in suburbia, put into the back of a giant SUV?

Posted on: 2014/12/28 20:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/4 8:59
Group:
Registered Users
I am sick of the Whole Foods debate. I don't think it's the best. I do, on the other hand, think very highly of Wegmans. That is the sort of store that would have a positive effect on JC. It is a well-run store with good quality, non-pretentious products. And...it won't bankrupt you. Whole Foods, IMHO, is way too politically motivated.

Posted on: 2014/12/28 20:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:
Quote:

craigslistdiva wrote:
Quote:

They did look at Hoboken/Jersey City but could not find a good location yet (according to company spokesman Mr. Sinatra). A main factor affecting good location imo is accessibility. I wouldn't build a WF here unless I could plop it somewhere on Columbus.

I truly don't want to beat a dead horse (this debate has been going on for a very long time!) but shut down the POS Pathmark; plenty of existing parking, already set up for a grocery store and is accessible by car to people that drive (next to the high way), accessible to people by light rail (by the hospital). That area is in some dire need of rehab and an anchor such as WF will assist with just that.

The best location for wholefood is the abandoned powerhouse by 2nd street and washington.

The location is perfect - accessible by all public transportation, and walkable from all surrounding highrises. In the idea world, jersey city will offer WF tax breaks/incentive and WF will renovate the powerhouse and move in. So the neighborhood can finally solve this long time problem and avoid putting another highrise there.

But it will never happen, because we are in JC.

The building is in bad shape. Don't be surprised if the entire Powerhouse collapses before any development is started.

Posted on: 2014/12/26 15:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

anonymess wrote:
As long as we're discussing Pathmark on Grand, can I just say bah humbug?! I just wrote a few words about them in Yelp, which I included below.

As for replacing it with WF, I think that's a bit far fetched. Where are the majority of the people who live in the area gonna do their grocery shopping? Not everyone can afford or even wants WF. Personally, I'd prefer anything to friggin' Pathmark.

Yelp:
It's Christmas Day, bah humbug. I freaked cuz I forgot about an item essential for today's meal. It was 6:30am and I figured everyone's closed. I'm closest to Pathmark so I checked their website to see if they were open. There was no info there about holidays. I called the store and pressed the option for location and hours. Again, nothing stated about holidays. However, I was surprised to get someone on the phone from the store.

Me: Are you open today?
Store: Yes
Me: Are you open now?

I was pleasantly shocked. I got on my bike and took a short ride, 1.5 miles one way, in the drizzle. I got to the parking lot and realized I forgot my wallet. So, it's back home and back to the store again. Meanwhile, the drizzle got a lot heavier and I was pretty wet by the time I got to the store. I locked my bike, and tried to open the doors. Locked!! I see no customers. Bad sign. I banged on the door until the manager came. He advised they were not open until 8am. It is now just after 7am. I told him about my conversation on the phone only minutes before. I don't think he believed me! I pleaded with him just to let me get this one item, under $5. He said it was impossible cuz there was no cashier. I told him I'd give him a $20 and pick up the change later plus offered to let him hold on to ID. He wouldn't budge.

This was baloney. Any decent store would have found a way to accommodate me.

I don't think it's a horrible store as the sentiment seems to indicate on local lists. But it's not a place that I would consider going to for anything except if I'm in a pinch. I can't comment on prices cuz I'm not that savvy. But the store itself is so depressing and dismal between the people who work and shop there. Customer service is an alien concept. The term "fresh" takes on a whole new definition at Pathmark.

Boo hoo...

Next time, plan accordingly. And, when life doesn't go your way, learn to deal with it.

The store was closed (yes, granted, you got bad information) so they wouldn't let you in an hour early (wow, you really believe that's reproachable!?) and you feel this is baloney? Hmm. Let's see, there's personal safety and security for the manager to consider. There's the issue/logistics of holding on to someone's money that will be picked up later, etc, etc, etc.

By any chance, did he also forget to smile and say "have a wonderful day"?

The pussification of America is almost complete...

Wussy Nation

5 Ways America is Creating a Generation of Wimps

Posted on: 2014/12/26 13:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/30 14:17
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:
Quote:

craigslistdiva wrote:
Quote:

They did look at Hoboken/Jersey City but could not find a good location yet (according to company spokesman Mr. Sinatra). A main factor affecting good location imo is accessibility. I wouldn't build a WF here unless I could plop it somewhere on Columbus.

I truly don't want to beat a dead horse (this debate has been going on for a very long time!) but shut down the POS Pathmark; plenty of existing parking, already set up for a grocery store and is accessible by car to people that drive (next to the high way), accessible to people by light rail (by the hospital). That area is in some dire need of rehab and an anchor such as WF will assist with just that.

The best location for wholefood is the abandoned powerhouse by 2nd street and washington.

The location is perfect - accessible by all public transportation, and walkable from all surrounding highrises. In the idea world, jersey city will offer WF tax breaks/incentive and WF will renovate the powerhouse and move in. So the neighborhood can finally solve this long time problem and avoid putting another highrise there.

There are far too many people demanding that the Powerhouse become a privately run dedicated performing arts space that provides free art classes to the poor while rebuilding the smokestacks and receiving no city subsidies for any reasonable project to redevelop the Powerhouse (at this point, to tear it down) to ever go forward.

Anyway, no real evidence for Whole Foods at 99 Hudson, but it would be a good location, very close to both the PATH and the light rail.

Posted on: 2014/12/25 16:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I guess no one is really paying attention. This has been in the works for about 2 years. So everyone will need a a chest thumping press release about how great our mayor and city is because of our mayor to take notice. the announcement will be timed for maximum impact or to off set some really negative info or a big scandal in the city.

jersey city, make it yours.

Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
99 Hudson

Posted on: 2014/12/25 14:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/21 2:00
Group:
Registered Users
As long as we're discussing Pathmark on Grand, can I just say bah humbug?! I just wrote a few words about them in Yelp, which I included below.

As for replacing it with WF, I think that's a bit far fetched. Where are the majority of the people who live in the area gonna do their grocery shopping? Not everyone can afford or even wants WF. Personally, I'd prefer anything to friggin' Pathmark.

Yelp:
It's Christmas Day, bah humbug. I freaked cuz I forgot about an item essential for today's meal. It was 6:30am and I figured everyone's closed. I'm closest to Pathmark so I checked their website to see if they were open. There was no info there about holidays. I called the store and pressed the option for location and hours. Again, nothing stated about holidays. However, I was surprised to get someone on the phone from the store.

Me: Are you open today?
Me: Are you open now?

I was pleasantly shocked. I got on my bike and took a short ride, 1.5 miles one way, in the drizzle. I got to the parking lot and realized I forgot my wallet. So, it's back home and back to the store again. Meanwhile, the drizzle got a lot heavier and I was pretty wet by the time I got to the store. I locked my bike, and tried to open the doors. Locked!! I see no customers. Bad sign. I banged on the door until the manager came. He advised they were not open until 8am. It is now just after 7am. I told him about my conversation on the phone only minutes before. I don't think he believed me! I pleaded with him just to let me get this one item, under $5. He said it was impossible cuz there was no cashier. I told him I'd give him a $20 and pick up the change later plus offered to let him hold on to ID. He wouldn't budge.

This was baloney. Any decent store would have found a way to accommodate me.

I don't think it's a horrible store as the sentiment seems to indicate on local lists. But it's not a place that I would consider going to for anything except if I'm in a pinch. I can't comment on prices cuz I'm not that savvy. But the store itself is so depressing and dismal between the people who work and shop there. Customer service is an alien concept. The term "fresh" takes on a whole new definition at Pathmark.

Posted on: 2014/12/25 13:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
I've had conversations with some of the management I know at the store. They all seem incredibly confident that they'll be there for quite some time. Very few people are happier about that than I am
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
The redevelopment plan from last month would seem to indicate that, although there will be retail on the ground floor-so I guess we'll see.

Quote:

Bubble_Tea wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
I don't differ often from Bodipooh, as I don't think the Shop Rite on Marin is bad at all. And while some would say that a WF going into Newark shows it can be done, it's just not going to happen here.

The Shop Rite location is being leased by the supermarket, right? With the value of that land climbing, Shop Rite's days (at least in its current form) are numbered.

Posted on: 2014/12/13 6:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
99 Hudson

Posted on: 2014/12/12 22:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/21 14:20
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

craigslistdiva wrote:
Quote:

Posted on: 2014/12/12 22:20

« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9) 10 11 12 ... 31 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017