Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
147 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 146

Re-Visitor, more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: JC - FROM AFFORDABLE TO ULTRA-LUXE - New York Post Pick's Six

Hide User information
Last Login :
2006/8/19 2:39
Group:
Registered Users
{{{I heard that nothing is available downtown for less than $3000 a month. The heights minimum right now is $2900 a month for a studio. And in the last week, Newark rents have risen to a minimum of $2500 a month for a studio in an especially bad part of town.

Does anyone think that I might be able to rent a room in Camden for less than 2000 a month? I heard Camden is a pretty easy commute to Manhattan (less than 6 days walking distance one way.) I've heard it's a nice chic neighborhood too, with lots of restaurants and boutiques.}}}

Those prices may be reality in a few years considering the ridiculous prices are willing to pay..

I have seen listings for $1,300 one bedroom apts in JC heights & maybe $1,500 downtown. The problem is that utilities are not included which can add close to $300 a month additional to the rent (which is why the rent is listed as low as it is)

I just read in the NY times Real Estate section about a couple who sold their house and moved to soho and now paying $6,000 a month for an apartment. I guess paying $2,000 a month for a seedy part of JC, or $1,500 - $2,000 a month JUST IN CC charges & RE Taxes is a great investment, right???

Posted on: 2006/3/26 6:28

Re: JC - FROM AFFORDABLE TO ULTRA-LUXE - New York Post Pick's Six

Hide User information
Last Login :
2006/8/19 2:39
Group:
Registered Users
Most of JC is no longer affordable for people making what is reported as the 'median' or 'mean' income for the area. Its great that the area is becoming more upscale, but that means that you need to make in the six figures to afford the cost of living.

The only people who these places are targeted toward are 25 year old single yuppies & of course the trustafarians who are already paying $3,000 a month across the river in Manhattan.

These new condos going up have outrageous maintenance cost & real estate taxes that make the monthly payment prohibitively expensive unless you are making well in the six figures.

I guess at my salary at only $75,000 a year now, the only thing I could afford in the Jersey City area is a $1,200/month rental in JC heights. Downtown there is nothing available for less than $2,000 a month.

Posted on: 2006/3/26 3:05

JC - FROM AFFORDABLE TO ULTRA-LUXE - New York Post Pick's Six
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
PICK 6
By Dakota Smith - New York Post
March 25, 2006 -- FROM AFFORDABLE TO ULTRA-LUXE, WE GIVE YOU THE NEW HOTNESS
The blitz of new development in the city continues, with developers adding even more outlandish perks to buildings - Austrian pine trees, anyone? - or heading to up-and-coming neighborhoods.

Our guide to the latest crop of buildings includes pads that are distinctive either for location, price or amenities.

Happy home hunting in 2006.

WALDO LOFTS Jersey City

The expansion of Jersey City's Powerhouse Arts Center continues with the opening of Waldo Lofts, a conversion of a 12-story brick warehouse building at 159 Second St. The building's 82 units range from 700-square-feet studios to 2,400-square-feet duplex penthouses with spiral staircases; 10-foot ceilings and floor-to-ceiling windows give units a loft-like feel. Our favorite perk: washer/ dryers in every unit.

Prices at Waldo Lofts range from $390,000 to $1.5 million, not counting a handful of units being sold at below market price for artists who meet income qualifications. The sales office opened last month.

www.waldolofts.co

101 WARREN TriBeCa

Buyers at 101 Warren, a 228-unit luxury residence opening in TriBeCa, can choose from five different residential designs: loft-style, townhouse, sky home, rooftop home and duplex penthouse. All apartments will have 10- to 12-foot ceilings, and floor-to-ceiling glass windows.

The building will also house a fifth-floor elevated atrium - a forest of 101 imported Austrian pines trees. Additionally, the complex - which is being marketed as the Time Warner Center for the downtown set - will be attached to 170,000 square feet of retail space, with a Whole Foods already planned for the building.

Prices range from $1.2 million for a 923-square-foot one-bedroom to $13 million for a 4,145-square-foot penthouse. The sales office opened earlier this month. www.101warren.com

999 Bushwick

Yup, Bushwick is the new Harlem. Or the new Red Hook. Whatever - it's cheap! The first of five new developments planned for this 'hood, 999 - a six-story, 18-unit building at 999 Willoughby St. - will offer units priced from $289,000 for a 690-square-foot one-bedroom to $500,000 for a 1,000-square-foot two-bedroom with a 500-square-foot terrace. The prices are about $100 less a square foot than similar new units in East Williamsburg, according to Corcoran Group vice president Tom Le. Amenities include indoor parking and a gym. Sales begin in November.

www.corcoran.com

SKY HOUSE Madison Square

Want to live in the clouds? Purchase the 2,817-square-foot penthouse on the top floor of the Sky House, a 55-story condo building opening at 11 E. 29th St., near Madison Square Park. One of the tallest new buildings to open for sales this year, the 139-unit Sky House will offer just three units per floor, giving buyers memorable views of both the East and Hudson Rivers.

Prices are expected to start at $1,250 a square foot, according to David Perry, director of sales at the Clarrett Group, developer of the Sky House. Concierge service, gym, and a playroom are among the building's amenities. The sales office opens in April.

www.skyhouse condo.com

101 WEST END AVE. Upper West Side

Targeting the upscale stroller set, 10 West End Ave., a 33-story, 173-unit condominium located between West 59th and West 60th streets, opens for sales in May. More than half of the units in the development, being billed as a family-friendly building with a children's activity center, are two-, three- and four-bedrooms.

All residences have floor-to-ceiling windows (some as high as 11 feet), ensuring buyers views of either the Hudson River or Midtown.

Designer Nick Dine's interior finishes include Siberian marble countertops and walnut cabinetry in the bathrooms, and granite countertops with white-oak and etched-glass cabinets in the stainless-steel kitchens. Lucky residents at 10 West End Ave. also get valet parking, as well as concierge service, a playroom and a gym, complete with a glass-enclosed 50-foot pool.

Prices are expected to start at $750,000 for a 750-square-foot one-bedroom and top out at $4.5 million for a 2,600-square-foot four-bedroom. www.10wea.com

THE CALEDONIA Meatpacking District

Indulgent services can certainly be found at the Caledonia, a 190-unit building opening at 450 W. 17th St. Set at the tip of the glam Meatpacking District (steps from Del Posto and Morimoto) and near the new High Line Park, the Caledonia will offer an Equinox gym and spa, indoor parking, a library, a meditation garden, a sun deck and outdoor terrace, a pet spa and a children's playroom.

Interior finishes by designer Clodagh (pictured) include bamboo wood flooring throughout the units, while bathrooms come with quartzite slab countertops and stone-tile flooring. The lobby will have a cascading water feature and a bamboo garden.

Prices, as well as unit sizes, are still being determined for the Caledonia, a development from the Related Companies (whose properties include the Time Warner Center and who recently purchased Equinox). The building opens for sales in April.

www.thecaledonia.com

Posted on: 2006/3/25 12:07

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017