Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 101

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Residential high-rise with school could replace 2 blocks in Downtown JC
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
It is time for therapy Nick, I have never spoken on this subject. I do not live or ever lived in the Hamilton Park Association.

Posted on: 2020/2/16 23:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/3 18:37
From DTJC
Group:
Banned
Quote:

tern wrote:
> Yvonne and the HPNA are trying to rally their usual band of NIMBY idiots against it

HPNA stands for Hamilton Park Neighbourhood Association; this development is in Harsimus Cove, not Hamilton Park.

Yvonne, to my knowledge, has never been a member of either Hamilton Park or Harsimus Cove Neighbourhood Associations.

Nick, if you get basic facts such as these so wrong, the rest of what you say has no credibility.

Robin.

My bad on HPNA vs HCNA. HCNA is opposing it all the same.

And Yvonne has been a presence at all neighborhood associations and regularly interferes in the affairs of other wards to push her agenda.

Posted on: 2020/2/16 0:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
> Yvonne and the HPNA are trying to rally their usual band of NIMBY idiots against it

HPNA stands for Hamilton Park Neighbourhood Association; this development is in Harsimus Cove, not Hamilton Park.

Yvonne, to my knowledge, has never been a member of either Hamilton Park or Harsimus Cove Neighbourhood Associations.

Nick, if you get basic facts such as these so wrong, the rest of what you say has no credibility.

Robin.

Posted on: 2020/2/16 0:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From DTJC
Group:
Banned
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

dr_nick_riviera wrote:
Of course Yvonne and the HPNA are trying to rally their usual band of NIMBY idiots against it.

Sadly, you are SO right. Already some people are opposing this project, with some outlandish claims or faux grievances: some old fart opposes the project because the school can't handle all of downtown's student overflow, some dude claims this is discrimination and called the proposed school a "sanctuary" school because it will segregate rich from poor, some other dude wants 1:1 parking spaces, and the list goes on. Even when those claims are refuted with logic and facts, they press on. In short, those with an axe to grind, or some hidden agenda, will continue to oppose progress and development using thinly veiled arguments.

Too bad for them it looks like this one is going to go through. I'm looking forward to a revitalized area and this fenced off block being integrated with the rest of the city.

Posted on: 2020/2/15 17:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dr_nick_riviera wrote:
Of course Yvonne and the HPNA are trying to rally their usual band of NIMBY idiots against it.

Sadly, you are SO right. Already some people are opposing this project, with some outlandish claims or faux grievances: some old fart opposes the project because the school can't handle all of downtown's student overflow, some dude claims this is discrimination and called the proposed school a "sanctuary" school because it will segregate rich from poor, some other dude wants 1:1 parking spaces, and the list goes on. Even when those claims are refuted with logic and facts, they press on. In short, those with an axe to grind, or some hidden agenda, will continue to oppose progress and development using thinly veiled arguments.

Posted on: 2020/2/15 15:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/12 20:58
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
No tax abatement is being sought. And Nick

Posted on: 2020/2/14 21:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
All fine and nice, but is the developer going to get some extortionate tax break again for building this? I'm really sick of all the tax breaks given to developers in parts of the city where developers would still make plenty of money without the tax breaks.

I'm sure a significant portion of the building will be exempt because of the school, which is perfectly fine but that should be the only real tax break, if you can call it that.

Posted on: 2020/2/14 21:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From DTJC
Group:
Banned
Quote:

richieveal wrote:
Lets not stop with these modular homes, lets get rid of all the Bayonne boxes and dilapidated units north of this proposed development all the way to the embankment.

Good riddance, that entire block was an eyesore and the residents seemed more than happy with buyouts of their dilapidated housing. This segregated block will finally be reintegrated with the city.

Posted on: 2020/2/14 20:22

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/1/14 12:53
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Lets not stop with these modular homes, lets get rid of all the Bayonne boxes and dilapidated units north of this proposed development all the way to the embankment.

Posted on: 2020/2/14 12:51

Residential high-rise with school could replace 2 blocks in Downtown JC
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
I couldn?t find a thread about this I thought I saw one in the past so just posting it. Interesting how one property owner is still against it.
Residential high-rise with school could replace 2 blocks in Downtown Jersey City

Today 6:08 PM (02/12/2020)
By Teri West | The Jersey Journal

A developer is seeking to build a 50-story mixed-use development with more than 800 residential units and an elementary school on a pair of dead-end blocks in Downtown Jersey City.

Thirty-seven of the 38 homeowners on Saddlewood and Laurel courts have signed contracts with Lennar Multifamily Communities (LMC) to sell their properties for an undisclosed price. Most of the homeowners say their townhomes are deteriorating and sought an opportunity to sell them.

https://www.nj.com/hudson/2020/02/resi ... downtown-jersey-city.html

Posted on: 2020/2/14 3:45

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017