Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
119 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 119

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: New Bike Lane !!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
I got an email from a friend last month who had to use the ambulance service twice, he blamed the delay on all of this new construction on the streets. He recently passed away. I don't think the ambulance was part of the reason for his passing but how do an ambulance arrive in a timely manner if the streets are block?

Posted on: 2019/9/10 1:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/20 13:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Passing Montgomery st during rush hr it was grid locked. With only one lane heading east now cars were backed up behind cars trying to enter Edison fast park. There is no longer a second lane to allow traffic to pass any obstruction. Looking west Montgomery was also grid locked for as far as I could see. Can anyone explain why 3 bike lanes in each direction for a total of 6 is needed? Any green benefit is surely off set by hundreds of idling cars polluting the air.

In addition to the above, in the morning I have been sitting on the bus for 10-20 minutes while trash (I believe it's commercial) is picked up. The trash guy was running back and forth like crazy to do it fast but businesses can rack up a lot of trash. I don't know if night pick ups are possible over there, maybe they have to look into that.

Also,since there's no no place for people to double park while they pick up and drop people off illegally they often pull into the bus stops to do it, so the bus then blocks traffic, and that creates a back up and on we go.........
I realize there is a parking issue in the city, and I don't have any answers, but I agree, any green advantage from the bike lanes on Montgomery in particular, is negated by all the idling traffic.

Posted on: 2019/9/9 13:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/27 19:59
From journal square
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dr_nick_riviera wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Passing Montgomery st during rush hr it was grid locked. With only one lane heading east now cars were backed up behind cars trying to enter Edison fast park. There is no longer a second lane to allow traffic to pass any obstruction. Looking west Montgomery was also grid locked for as far as I could see. Can anyone explain why 3 bike lanes in each direction for a total of 6 is needed? Any green benefit is surely off set by hundreds of idling cars polluting the air.

Here's an easy way to solve that - get rid of the all the street parking on that block. Why does the city need to provide parking when there are parking lots all up and down that street?

Disagree. Im a biker, but this city is already so limited for street parking. not everyone wants to pay $20 to park to run in and grab something, and some people who live in the area should have the right to street park as well.

There are ways to have bike lanes and also allow cars to park. Either make two ways into one ways. Or make wider streets. And it kills me that new developments like all of Liberty Harbor didnt have the foresight to make streets wide enough to allow parked cars, driving lanes and bike lanes co-exist. They had a blank slate to start with!

Posted on: 2019/9/6 19:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/3 18:37
From DTJC
Group:
Banned
Quote:

135jc wrote:

Here's an easy way to solve that - get rid of the all the street parking on that block. Why does the city need to provide parking when there are parking lots all up and down that street?

Posted on: 2019/9/6 15:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2019/9/6 14:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
When I see parents take their babies/children from the back seat of the car and they are exiting onto the bike lane, I see future problems. Several months ago, my husband pulled me from a potential accident when a biker made an illegal turn and nearly knocked me over. Most likely I would have hit the sidewalk, I was lucky that day. The same thing could happened with parents and children. It was safer when the parents exit on the sidewalk with their children instead of a bike lane.

Posted on: 2019/9/6 0:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2019/9/5 23:47
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2019/9/5 23:45

New Bike Lane !!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City installs new bike lanes on Bergen Ave. between Sip and Montgomery.

https://www.nj.com/hudson/2019/09/jers ... -along-bergen-avenue.html

Posted on: 2019/9/5 23:44

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017