Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 106

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: New restaurant Danforth and Rt 440 plus other observations ….
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

LoKo498 wrote:
Burger King is closed down for good on 440!

Someone on the nj com Hudson Mall gnat problem story thread said the BK is being replaced by a Joliebee restaurant.

Posted on: 2020/1/14 19:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
The Mamak House restaurant at Danforth and rt 440 had a grand opening on January 8th.

www.mamaknj.com

I see it already has a few reviews on Yelp. Nice job on the interior I was wondering for months what was going on behind the window gates.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/mamak-house-jersey-city

Too bad about the rt 440 BK I gained many a pound there over the years..

Posted on: 2020/1/12 20:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
Burger King is closed down for good on 440!

Posted on: 2020/1/12 6:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
The Mamak House resturant at Danforth and rt 440 had a grand opening on January 8th.

www.mamaknj.com

Posted on: 2020/1/12 2:30

New restaurant Danforth and Rt 440 plus other observations ….
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users

The Eastern King Buffet closed a while ago I guess it couldn?t compete with the popular Hibachi Grill & Supreme Buffet in the Hudson Mall. Renovation work has been going on inside and outside of the building at rt 440 and Danforth (near Wonder Bagel) for a while now. Today two cool looking signs went up for Mamak House. It says Chinese Cuisine. Doesn?t say anything about being a buffet.

History of the property?. back in the day it used to be called Paradise East. Great interior bamboo walls, booths, bar, and nice low lighting. I recall a small fountain too. I can?t remember if they had blow fish lights. It was all sadly ripped out during the buffet craze and a place called Fun Buffet opened which later became Eastern King.

Speaking of cool Polynesian type bamboo interiors and blow fish lighting google Lee?s Hawaiian Islander Lyndhurst. Great place.

Next to the new UPS Store in the Stadium Plaza area on rt 440 a women?s apparel store called Sayallures Boutique opened. Looks nice and fresh. BTW the employees in the UPS store are the best very helpful.

Pet Land Discount, Kmart, and National Wholesale Liquidators spaces are still empty. Sadly it seems the NWL parking lot has turned into some sort of renegade truck stop with 15 to 20 big rigs parked and idling day and night.

The La Mexicana restaurant which closed and had a For-Lease sign on it may be seeing some action the For-Lease sign is gone. Speaking of ripping out cool looking restaurant interiors (like the PE)? Before La Mexicana the building housed the classic Colonette Diner. Sort of like the Broadway Diner in Bayonne. All the diner interior was gutted to make way for the now defunct La Mexicana ?night club?. Maybe it will come back as a diner. Need something in the area with the new NJCU University City across rt 440 and the future Bayfront development next door.

Posted on: 2019/8/4 1:59

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017