Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
121 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 121

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: New Jersey to require schools to teach LGBT history
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/1/3 19:14
From Chilltown
Group:
Registered Users
LOL. I don?t like her or agree with any of her lunacy. But, you?re a massive creep who brings her name into every possible discussion you can. It?s incredibly creepy. Maybe you secretly wanna hit that? Yeah, that?s it. You want a piece of that. It all makes sense now.

Quote:

dr_nick_riviera wrote:
Quote:

HeightsNative wrote:
Dude, give the Yvonne obsession a f'n break already, it's pathetic and obnoxious.

Quote:

dr_nick_riviera wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

MikeyTBC wrote:
Y'all homophobes are a trip man.
"teach LGBT history" - what do you think this is going to consist of? It's going to be one page in a 400 page text book and a ten minute discussion about civil rights for all and the Stonewall Riots. Maybe one question on a test or quiz. None of your kids will "turn" gay if they weren't already.

If you are right, that is a perfectly fine thing and perhaps this whole headline is just a grab for points with the base. Perfectly reasonable people would (or, should) be OK with what you expect. I think some people's reactions are based on the lack of information as to what all of this means, or what to expect. With some, like the Yvonnes of the world, there is nothing that would be acceptable to them.

Most likely it will be taught in history classes, in the same vein as the civil rights era in the 60s. I bet Yvonne's parents were complaining about "the black agenda" back in the 60s, too.

LOL. It's fun to see her snowflake minions get so easily triggered.

Posted on: 2019/6/11 0:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RichMauro wrote:
Quote:

MikeyTBC wrote:
"teach LGBT history" - what do you think this is going to consist of? It's going to be one page in a 400 page text book and a ten minute discussion about civil rights for all and the Stonewall Riots. Maybe one question on a test or quiz. None of your kids will "turn" gay if they weren't already.

I disagree with your assessment.
As with all of the social and cultural curricula in the schools and colleges, the focus will grow and grow until it becomes an expensive part of education It's the way of society today.

I'm a little concerned that marginal "historical" figures will become subjects to be studied as the curriculum grows. I may be wrong, but let's see.

I assume you mean "expansive," not expensive. And please explain that statement, and cite examples, if possible. Are you decrying the fact that slavery is now being taught as an atrocity, and not just a way of life for the south? Does it pain you that civil rights are explored? That the treatment of Native Americans is rightly seen as a genocide? That Columbus maybe isn't the hero we were all once taught?

Righting the wrongs of past curricula should be embraced, even if it means bringing formerly marginal figures to the forefront (when it turns out they're not marginal at all).

Posted on: 2019/6/10 23:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/3 18:37
From DTJC
Group:
Banned
Quote:

HeightsNative wrote:
Dude, give the Yvonne obsession a f'n break already, it's pathetic and obnoxious.

Quote:

dr_nick_riviera wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

MikeyTBC wrote:

If you are right, that is a perfectly fine thing and perhaps this whole headline is just a grab for points with the base. Perfectly reasonable people would (or, should) be OK with what you expect. I think some people's reactions are based on the lack of information as to what all of this means, or what to expect. With some, like the Yvonnes of the world, there is nothing that would be acceptable to them.

Most likely it will be taught in history classes, in the same vein as the civil rights era in the 60s. I bet Yvonne's parents were complaining about "the black agenda" back in the 60s, too.

LOL. It's fun to see her snowflake minions get so easily triggered.

Posted on: 2019/6/10 21:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/1 14:07
From Earth
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MikeyTBC wrote:

I disagree with your assessment.
As with all of the social and cultural curricula in the schools and colleges, the focus will grow and grow until it becomes an expensive part of education It's the way of society today.

I'm a little concerned that marginal "historical" figures will become subjects to be studied as the curriculum grows. I may be wrong, but let's see.

Posted on: 2019/6/10 20:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/1/3 19:14
From Chilltown
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

dr_nick_riviera wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

MikeyTBC wrote:

Posted on: 2019/6/10 20:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From DTJC
Group:
Banned
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

MikeyTBC wrote:

Posted on: 2019/6/10 19:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MikeyTBC wrote:

Posted on: 2019/6/10 19:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2019/6/10 18:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
....history will be rewritten to accommodate the gay agenda.

Are we still using "gay agenda" in 2019??
I'm not a fan of the Yvonne-bashing that goes on here, but now I see why it's so tempting.
Ten bucks says she was one of those people who read this satire piece as fact, and sent it to all her homophobic friends with the comment "I TOLD YOU IT WAS HAPPENING!!!"

https://www.theonion.com/98-homosexual ... e-nearing-goal-1819564785

Personally, I am against the idea of forcing all public schools to teach "LGBT history" (how would it work? Part of the basic curriculum, alongside math, science, and literature? an elective?) just as I am against forcing schools to teach "creationism" as established fact (or, alternative explanation) along evolution.

But, I 100% support the sentiment that there is no such a thing as a "gay agenda" or that this is all some sort of nefarious plan put in motion by some centralized committee trying to influence the masses. I just think that Murphy is a fool pandering to his leftist base. I really wish we could keep politics out of public education, but that is the battlefield where the culture wars are now waged (and, has been for 20+ years) so I know I am also being naive to even hope for that.

Posted on: 2019/6/10 18:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
....history will be rewritten to accommodate the gay agenda.

Are we still using "gay agenda" in 2019??
I'm not a fan of the Yvonne-bashing that goes on here, but now I see why it's so tempting.
Ten bucks says she was one of those people who read this satire piece as fact, and sent it to all her homophobic friends with the comment "I TOLD YOU IT WAS HAPPENING!!!"

https://www.theonion.com/98-homosexual ... e-nearing-goal-1819564785

Posted on: 2019/6/10 16:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Earth
Group:
Registered Users
It's a martyr society in full swing.

Posted on: 2019/6/10 0:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Have to agree... the whole identity politics thing is quite boring. Everyone has a chip on their shoulder these days. The most minor incidents of poor service in a restaurant are called out as racism / homophobia whatever .... when most likely the service sucks for everyone. It's Burger King!

And when will the SJMedia Yahoo stop posting stories about a servers being called racist names and stiffed on a tips? After posting a receipt on FB, the next thing the "victim" does is set up a Go-Fund-Me account.

Seems like all of this can be dealt with by developing a learning curriculum to teach kids about respecting themselves and others.... start it at kindergarten and keep expanding to the high school years where teens can get credit for volunteering time to the community. For some "adults" today it maybe to late, but you have to start somewhere.

Quote:

Adonis wrote:
The only people that seem to care if anybody is gay, transgender, bi-sexual, etc. are the people who are gay, transgender, bi-sexual, etc.

Posted on: 2019/6/9 21:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From DTJC
Group:
Banned
Quote:

robotdisko wrote:
Quote:

dr_nick_riviera wrote:
Wouldn't it be hilarious to see the reaction from Yvonne and her minions if openly gay Pete Buttigieg one day got elected president? All the bigots and homophobes like her would have to move to Russia or risk their heads exploding.

you sound like a wounded animal. LOL

LOL. The only "wounded animals" here are the losers on this forum that are lashing out because they can't accept change.

Posted on: 2019/6/9 13:10

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/8/24 21:12
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
Quote:

dr_nick_riviera wrote:
Wouldn't it be hilarious to see the reaction from Yvonne and her minions if openly gay Pete Buttigieg one day got elected president? All the bigots and homophobes like her would have to move to Russia or risk their heads exploding.

you sound like a wounded animal. LOL

Posted on: 2019/6/9 5:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/21 23:51
Group:
Registered Users
That or those who hate them, which one is Yvonne.

Quote:

Adonis wrote:
The only people that seem to care if anybody is gay, transgender, bi-sexual, etc. are the people who are gay, transgender, bi-sexual, etc.

Posted on: 2019/6/8 23:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 11:59
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2019/6/8 22:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From DTJC
Group:
Banned
Quote:

mscottc wrote:
To those of you who have a problem with this, please explain why teaching of any real history is a problem for you. And specifically why you have a problem with the LGBT community. Perhaps if you're open and honest, we can understand your motivations.

It shouldn't matter who you love, as long as you love.

Exactly - even if you're a nutjob like Yvonne who believes this "gay agenda" nonsense, almost everybody has a family member, friend, co-worker or acquaintance that's gay. We already teach about Islam in schools via comparative religion, the civil rights movement, etc.

Posted on: 2019/6/7 21:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/12/16 16:34
Group:
Registered Users
To those of you who have a problem with this, please explain why teaching of any real history is a problem for you. And specifically why you have a problem with the LGBT community. Perhaps if you're open and honest, we can understand your motivations.

It shouldn't matter who you love, as long as you love.

Posted on: 2019/6/7 20:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
As I said before, the gay agenda will be baptizing people as gay people. Here is Lincoln but others will follow. https://allthatsinteresting.com/was-abraham-lincoln-gay

Posted on: 2019/6/7 20:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From DTJC
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2019/6/7 19:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I saw a list once of people gays said historically are gay, including in that list was Abraham Lincoln. Well, in the 1800s, there were no motels and hotels so when people travel, it was common for innkeepers to place men in the same room as other men. I read many 18th and 19th century stories of travelers. Most people actually had rooms available above taverns. So anyone who traveled across this country and rented a room shared the same room and bed with another traveler. Now gays are saying all of these people are gay. Actually, many families in the 18th and 19th centuries had a family bed because they could not afford anything else. But history will be rewritten to accommodate the gay agenda.

Posted on: 2019/6/7 15:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Mao wrote:
Dear User1111

Maybe you are younger than most here. Don't waste your youth.

But if you are young, I am surprised that you had not heard that Walt Whitman has been #canceled because of his racism.

Mao

Speaking of racism when will they cancel Hitler and George Wallace ?

Posted on: 2019/6/7 15:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
12/12 0:04
Group:
Registered Users
Dear User1111

Maybe you are younger than most here. Don't waste your youth.

But if you are young, I am surprised that you had not heard that Walt Whitman has been #canceled because of his racism.

Mao

Posted on: 2019/6/7 15:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Earth
Group:
Registered Users
Since we're breaking new ground why not teach the young how to avoid pederasts and the like who may be in educational, social and religious institutions ?

Posted on: 2019/6/7 15:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
If wonder if the curriculum will have the fact that the late Harvey Milk used "run away" teenage boys as lovers. You know, preying on the weak and vulnerable.

Sure why not, they are already learning about trump and his appetite for porn stars and hookers.

Posted on: 2019/6/7 14:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
This world is full of people some are black, some are Jews, some are Christians, some are atheist, some are even gay. The world is not just straight white men and everyone of these groups has a history. I am assuming I am much younger than most on here, I learned about Walt Whitman and Alan Turing in High School and the world did not end.

Posted on: 2019/6/7 14:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
If wonder if the curriculum will have the fact that the late Harvey Milk used "run away" teenage boys as lovers. You know, preying on the weak and vulnerable.

Posted on: 2019/6/7 14:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/11 21:09
Group:
Registered Users
Great news! Thanks for sharing that. A diverse state should show the contributions that all groups have made.

Posted on: 2019/6/7 14:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
12/12 0:04
Group:
Registered Users
Drip drip drop drop in the destruciton of education. I have three kids- two out of McNair to Ivies and the low-information quotient of their minds coming out is emblematic of generation. The progressive mantra starting with Dewey that Rouseau like, society has nothing to hand on to children and we just need to give them space to make their universes continues. Yet not completely- programtic left leaning requirements keep being added. I first discovered this when my oldest son went on a "Holocaust Tour of Europe" courtesy of the Board of Ed. It seemed like a good think until I read the curriculum which adopted hook line and sinker the highly controversial thesis of Daniel Goldenhaagen (unlike the established scholars (all of whom are also Jewish) of the Holocaust who saw National Socialism as post Christian or anti Christian resurgent paganism, Goldenhaagen saw Nazism as the inevitable and natural culimination of Chrstianity. While a balanced curriculum might include the Goldenhaagen thesis alongside of the others, the NJ curriculum presents it is dogma.

As for private education, it mostly just follows track. My little one is at OLC where the curriculum is just common core mediotcrity. You need a very independent and vigourous private school to swim against this current.

Posted on: 2019/6/7 13:05

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/1/14 12:53
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
RIDICULOUS!!!!

Posted on: 2019/6/7 11:03