Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
119 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 119

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: STARBUCKS ON GROVE
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
If this thread hadn't pointed it out, I would never have noticed the changes to Grove Street Starbucks. This is a storm in a coffee cup.

Posted on: 2019/5/3 17:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/20 23:45
From gone
Group:
Registered Users
Living "up the hill," is like living in a bubble. Seeing violent crime, homelessness, lack of supermarkets/access to healthy foods, etc., it's easy to forget the true problems facing this city, such as the removal of some seating inside a downtown Starbucks.

Posted on: 2019/5/3 4:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 23:09
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jennhayes333 wrote:
NEW RENOVATION OF STARBUCKS ON GROVE:
Terrible experience. I have been coming to the Starbucks on Grove since it opened. I have to tell you, my husband and friends can not believe the new renovation that was done.
-No Seating: almost 50% less than before
-Large empty spaces where tables can go
-No room to sit because of homeless or people without drinks/food taking up seats/outlets AND the staff say nothing to them
-Looks like a suburban not an Urban Starbucks
-Feels sterile and not comfortable
-And the craziest part is in the back of the store, there is a table with 2 foot stools which looks like a 'kids time out area'
-Partners dislike the layout and are complaining as well
This Starbucks used to be always packed and now there are only minimal people sitting because of lack of seating
-The window seating is uncomfortable
-Most of the seating is facing a wall or outside instead of the interior of the store
RESOLUTION:
Get rid of the huge merchandise table when you walk into the building and put more seating, as well as the back of the store where the long table used to be. More people, more business !!

Is all this ruining the Starbucks experience for you? GTFO

Posted on: 2019/5/2 21:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
This feels like deja vu. Wasn't there another thread about this a couple years, also with the subject line all in caps, of somebody complaining about the management at the same Starbucks? Too bad the search function of this website is still on the fritz.

I thought the EXACT same thing when I read the post.

Here's that other famous thread, from around three years ago - read for your amusement! Sounds like the exact same person, though the user name is different:

http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=36607

Seems like a member of higher society who is normally just too important to post on this board - except when they have issues with Starbucks.

Posted on: 2019/5/2 14:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
The outsized sense of entitlement of the OP is breathtaking. I am not sure what it is that people are expecting but Starbucks is, at the end of the day, a business. First they were pressured into making bathrooms free to use by any and all, and then they were chastised for asking people to purchase something if they are going to sit and occupy space all day. Honestly, I think they have been VERY accommodating (weak?) by giving into all these demands. In NYC, some locations have removed the electrical outlets to prevent people from squatting all day.

Yes, a coffee shop is at its best when it is welcoming to patronize, and acts as a social hub, but some people truly abuse the largesse of some of these companies.

Bravo. Thank you!

Posted on: 2019/5/2 14:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/20 13:22
Group:
Registered Users
First world problem.....suck it up!

Posted on: 2019/5/2 13:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/12 20:58
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Lots of better places to go. Get a LIFE.

Posted on: 2019/5/2 13:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
The outsized sense of entitlement of the OP is breathtaking. I am not sure what it is that people are expecting but Starbucks is, at the end of the day, a business. First they were pressured into making bathrooms free to use by any and all, and then they were chastised for asking people to purchase something if they are going to sit and occupy space all day. Honestly, I think they have been VERY accommodating (weak?) by giving into all these demands. In NYC, some locations have removed the electrical outlets to prevent people from squatting all day.

Yes, a coffee shop is at its best when it is welcoming to patronize, and acts as a social hub, but some people truly abuse the largesse of some of these companies.

Posted on: 2019/5/2 13:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
This feels like deja vu. Wasn't there another thread about this a couple years, also with the subject line all in caps, of somebody complaining about the management at the same Starbucks? Too bad the search function of this website is still on the fritz.

I thought the EXACT same thing when I read the post.

Posted on: 2019/5/2 11:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2019/5/2 1:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JCBORN wrote:
It sounds like they designed it for people to just order their coffee and go.

Good heavens! What next? A separate line for people who want just a simple goddamn cup of coffee and not a time consuming $6 "creation"?

Posted on: 2019/5/2 1:29

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/25 19:36
Group:
Registered Users
It sounds like they designed it for people to just order their coffee and go. Time will tell if this business model works best.

Posted on: 2019/5/2 1:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/11 14:53
Group:
Registered Users
This must have been a life-changing event for you, considering this is the topic you've chosen for your first post. I'd recommend bringing your business to either Lackawana Coffee or 9Bar Caf?, as they both offer a superior product (and ambiance) over what Starbucks can offer.

Cheers

Posted on: 2019/5/1 22:26

STARBUCKS ON GROVE

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/6 22:39
From Downtown JCdc
Group:
Registered Users
NEW RENOVATION OF STARBUCKS ON GROVE:
Terrible experience. I have been coming to the Starbucks on Grove since it opened. I have to tell you, my husband and friends can not believe the new renovation that was done.
-No Seating: almost 50% less than before
-Large empty spaces where tables can go
-No room to sit because of homeless or people without drinks/food taking up seats/outlets AND the staff say nothing to them
-Looks like a suburban not an Urban Starbucks
-Feels sterile and not comfortable
-And the craziest part is in the back of the store, there is a table with 2 foot stools which looks like a 'kids time out area'
-Partners dislike the layout and are complaining as well
This Starbucks used to be always packed and now there are only minimal people sitting because of lack of seating
-The window seating is uncomfortable
-Most of the seating is facing a wall or outside instead of the interior of the store
RESOLUTION:
Get rid of the huge merchandise table when you walk into the building and put more seating, as well as the back of the store where the long table used to be. More people, more business !!

Posted on: 2019/5/1 19:39

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017