Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 105

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Bayonne Costco opening March 7th...
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Costco issues refunds for drivers who bought bad gas in Bayonne

Today 5:36 PM (4/16/2019)
By Aya Elamroussi | The Jersey Journal

BAYONNE ? Costco Wholesale is issuing refunds to customers who last month purchased premium gasoline that contained a higher than normal dose of a detergent additive.

The wholesale giant is sending checks to customers who bought premium gas between March 6 and March 18 from its Goldsborough Drive location in Bayonne because the gas could have caused troubles for some vehicles, the company said.

https://www.nj.com/hudson/2019/04/cost ... t-bad-gas-in-bayonne.html

Posted on: 2019/4/16 22:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
I was expecting worse traffic because whenever I go up north to Willowbrook Mall I always have an issue getting into the Mall parking lot because of the long line of cars getting Costco gas. The Bayonne Costco looks like it is laid out better.

Yes, among the many ways Costco is a superior company is the fact that they generally don't lay out their parking lots so that all the entering and exiting vehicle traffic needs to cross all of the foot traffic entering the store. BJs & Shoprite is exhibit A, but that practice is ubiquitous.

Posted on: 2019/3/8 2:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
I went today, the prices are much lower than BJs and received tons of free samples of food. The staff was extremely courtesy. There was good buys on 14K jewelry. I hope it is a success.

Posted on: 2019/3/8 0:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Didn?t see any opening day specials but I wouldn?t know where to look. It looked like the gas station and liquor store areas were open. The parking lot was kind of full, but it was a constant flow of cars coming and leaving. I noticed people throwing items into their trunks that was my first clue that they didn?t have bags. The only hang-ups for me were the Visa CC only mentioned below and when leaving there was a long line for the receipt/cart check. Even though they had 3 people doing it, it was backed up. Do they do that in other Costco?s or just HC. (lol) They really get you when you first walk in with those beautiful massive flat screen television?s the screens are so life like. I don?t even need a new one but was tempted.

I was expecting worse traffic because whenever I go up north to Willowbrook Mall I always have an issue getting into the Mall parking lot because of the long line of cars getting Costco gas. The Bayonne Costco looks like it is laid out better. But I guess weekends will be bad.

The rumor is they are going to build a pedestrian bridge from the 34th Street light rail station across rt 440 which would be closer than the cross walk down by the South Cove Mall.

Posted on: 2019/3/7 23:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
If I am ever in need of pocking up wine and liquor with my other purchases, I then head down to their Edison location, which carries wine, beer, and liquor.

Who do we vote for to get rid of these ridiculous county by county liquor laws? I have a hard time believing the booze bodegas are paying enough to legislators to keep the status quo, so who's benefiting?

Posted on: 2019/3/7 23:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

iGreg wrote:
Any opening day perks?

They will be packed on weekends as Clifton is a madhouse.

There is ABSOLUTELY ZERO reason to go to the Clifton location: their Teterboro location is, at most, an additional five minute detour for those coming from JC, and it is HUGE, and never as chaotic as the Clifton location. I stopped going to Clifton years ago, when the Teterboro location opened. If I am ever in need of pocking up wine and liquor with my other purchases, I then head down to their Edison location, which carries wine, beer, and liquor.

Both the Edison and Teterboro locations have gas stations.

Posted on: 2019/3/7 22:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

iGreg wrote:
Any opening day perks?

Teterboro is a madhouse 7 days a week. There's never anything but a full parking lot there. I respect their planners for not wanting to cannibalize customers from one store to open another, but it's a bit ridiculous that it took this long to open one in Hudson County. It's in the ass end of nowhere IMO, but I guess we'll see.

Posted on: 2019/3/7 22:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Any opening day perks?

Posted on: 2019/3/7 22:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
I went to the new Bayonne Costco today which is the first time I ever set foot in one. Seems I made a rookie mistake. I should have read bodhipooh?s post more carefully. I picked up a box of 100 Donut Shop K-cups ($42.99) and a box of 15 Joey?s Linzer Tarts ($5.99). Went to check out with my Master Card credit card and was told they only accept Visa credit cards, checks, cash, or Debit cards. I panicked thinking I would miss out on my afternoon tarts and coffee. Luckily I had 50 bucks in my pocket. Also they don?t have bags. Really nice place it is massive I will be back even if just to walk around and look. (Until I get a Visa CC or more cash. I think I have a debit card somewhere)

?Other Ways to Pay at Costco. Customers don't need to have a Visa card to pay for their Costco purchases. In addition to Visa, Costco also accepts cash, checks, debit/ATM, EBT and Costco Cash Cards. Costco gas stations and Costco car washes do not accept cash, checks or EBT.Aug 20, 2018?

Posted on: 2019/3/7 19:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

neverleft wrote:

The cards have no photo's they said to get photo's some other time. Also when I signed up I got a card for myself and also a household card. I thought household meant anyone in your household can use it. No I had to give a name of someone in my household and it was put on the card.

Under most circumstances no one will ever look at the ID on the card. A lot of card borrowing goes on!

Posted on: 2019/3/6 18:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
I applied online for my cards a while ago but never went to pick them up. I called the Bayonne location today (3/6/2019) and they said I could get them there in the entrance area. They have a large setup to process new sign up's and for picking up cards.

The cards have no photo's they said to get photo's some other time. Also when I signed up I got a card for myself and also a household card. I thought household meant anyone in your household can use it. No I had to give a name of someone in my household and it was put on the card.

Nice fresh looking store.

Posted on: 2019/3/6 17:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

LoKo498 wrote:
Geezzzz, that's not a deal at all! Why soo much to join? I got a BJs membership for 1 year for like 15.00. If I go like 1 or 2 times a month that's like a dollar each time so not bad at all.
Someone PM me & send me a scan of your card!

I know in the past Costco sold gift cards. These could be used by non memebers.

Posted on: 2019/2/13 14:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

LoKo498 wrote:
Geezzzz, that's not a deal at all! Why soo much to join? I got a BJs membership for 1 year for like 15.00.

Are you seriously arguing a low intro rate as comparison? Or are you complaining Costco doesn't have an similar intro rate?

Bohdipooh said it very well about the difference. I recall there's one more thing about Costco, they have a cashback Mastercard that adds 2 years to most warrantys of anything purchased with it anywhere.

Minor correction: Costco partners with Visa, not Mastercard. Their Visa card partnership includes additional cash back bonus (bonus ranges from 1% to 4%, depending on transaction type) and it is very much worth it. I get close to $200 every year on just the credit card cash back feature.

As of this writing, Costco only accepts cash, checks, debit cards, or Visa credit cards. In the past, their partnership for credit cards was AMEX. Prior to that (15+ years ago?) it was a Discover partnership.

Posted on: 2019/2/13 8:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

LoKo498 wrote:
Geezzzz, that's not a deal at all! Why soo much to join? I got a BJs membership for 1 year for like 15.00.

Are you seriously arguing a low intro rate as comparison? Or are you complaining Costco doesn't have an similar intro rate?

Bohdipooh said it very well about the difference. I recall there's one more thing about Costco, they have a cashback Mastercard that adds 2 years to most warrantys of anything purchased with it anywhere.

Posted on: 2019/2/12 18:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

LoKo498 wrote:
Geezzzz, that's not a deal at all! Why soo much to join? I got a BJs membership for 1 year for like 15.00. If I go like 1 or 2 times a month that's like a dollar each time so not bad at all.

The only reason BJ memberships can be had for so low is because their product selection is crap, and none of their stock can compare to that of Costco in quality or value.

Comparing BJs to Costco is like comparing C-Town to Whole Foods... they are only similar in that they are both part of the same broad category.

Posted on: 2019/2/12 17:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2019/2/12 8:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

SRhia wrote:
Best way to get there via public transportation from downtown Jersey City?

also, what are the best things to get to costco? i have never been to a costco!

The HBLR will get you less than 7 minute walk away, I'm not sure where the entrance will be. As for what, just imagine if you got rid of everything stupid about how BJ's is run, and then have someone curate the product lines so the selections make sense and none of it is crap. Like, if they sell a vacuum or a set of pots, it's a good one. And presuming they do photos in this one, you can upload your files and pick prints up there, large Fuji prints are absurdly cheap, like a 16x20 for $7.

Posted on: 2019/2/12 1:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/9 22:13
Group:
Registered Users
Best way to get there via public transportation from downtown Jersey City?

also, what are the best things to get to costco? i have never been to a costco!

Posted on: 2019/2/11 18:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

LoKo498 wrote:
Any membership deals?

This is what the Grand Opening post card says.

Costco Cash Special Offer:
New Executive Members receive a $20 Costco Cash Card.
Or, new Gold Star and Business Members receive a $10 Costco Cash Card

I created an account on https://www.costco.com
I purchased a Gold Star Membership for $60

-Includes One Free Household Card
-Valid at All Costco Locations Worldwide

I guess I get a $10 Costco Cash Card too.

oops I guess this should be on the NOT Jersey City thread..my bad

Posted on: 2019/2/11 4:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
Any membership deals?

Posted on: 2019/2/11 4:05

Bayonne Costco opening March 7th...
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
I got a membership post card in the mail saying it will open March 7th 8:00 am. The place looks massive.

I guess since it is so close I will buy a membership.

Posted on: 2019/2/11 0:37

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017