Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 106

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Light rail stop- 9th and Congress
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/10 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
Brewster's post is spot on correct.

Posted on: 2018/9/12 10:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/17 15:41
Group:
Registered Users
If you look up her old posts, you will see her giving people negative advice and uninformed opinions in reference to the Heights. A neighborhood that has changed so much since I moved up here 17 years ago it is unrecognizable.

Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

dmark526 wrote:
Of course, anyone should be aware of their surroundings. Jerseymom has been making negative comments about the heights for years. You'll always see her posting crimes up here but never in her neighborhood and giving people advice on the area when she no longer lives up here.

Some people just have issues.

Quote:

esp123 wrote:
Appreciate the info, JerseyMom.

I didn't take it as though you were cautioning against bogeymen, rather responding directly to my question as to whether to the stop was isolated at night.

Especially as a woman, nothing out of the ordinary with doing research as to whether or not a stop is isolated or not late at night...that's something I'd wanna know about wherever a stop was, whether in Heights, downtown JC, upper Eastside...

This is a little over the top. JerseyMom has always been one of the most courteous and helpful people around here. Her posts are usually very helpful or very much on point. A difference of opinion does not make one a person with issues.

Posted on: 2018/9/11 22:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dmark526 wrote:
Of course, anyone should be aware of their surroundings. Jerseymom has been making negative comments about the heights for years. You'll always see her posting crimes up here but never in her neighborhood and giving people advice on the area when she no longer lives up here.

Quote:

esp123 wrote:

I didn't take it as though you were cautioning against bogeymen, rather responding directly to my question as to whether to the stop was isolated at night.

Especially as a woman, nothing out of the ordinary with doing research as to whether or not a stop is isolated or not late at night...that's something I'd wanna know about wherever a stop was, whether in Heights, downtown JC, upper Eastside...

This is a little over the top. JerseyMom has always been one of the most courteous and helpful people around here. Her posts are usually very helpful or very much on point. A difference of opinion does not make one a person with issues.

Posted on: 2018/9/11 22:04

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/2 3:04
From nj
Group:
Registered Users
In fairness I was one who did specifically ask about that stop. And appreciated the info

Posted on: 2018/9/11 21:55

Edited by esp123 on 2018/9/11 22:11:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/17 15:41
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

esp123 wrote:

Posted on: 2018/9/11 21:46

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From nj
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2018/9/11 21:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Christine wrote:
As far as quote "keep your wits," I wouldn't want anyone to get trampled by the hordes of white collar commuters walking to their luxury condos that they've purchased for upwards of $750K. Getting tired of people who do not live in this neighborhood cautioning against bogeymen. That was so 10 years ago...

I hear you, but I don't find it unsound advice for anywhere in the urban NY metro area. To many people wander around "witless" buried in their phones, both eyes and ears. Like any predator in the wild, our urban predators look for those who display weakness by not paying attention. And those predators go where the prey is, whether that's Downtown or wherever.

Posted on: 2018/9/11 15:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/16 19:07
Group:
Registered Users
I've used the elevator many times at night. It's safe.

Posted on: 2018/9/11 9:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/25 7:33
Group:
Registered Users
The 9th street elevator is at the corner of Congress St and Paterson Plank Rd. When you get to the bottom of the elevator, you're in Hoboken. As far as quote "keep your wits," I wouldn't want anyone to get trampled by the hordes of white collar commuters walking to their luxury condos that they've purchased for upwards of $750K. Getting tired of people who do not live in this neighborhood cautioning against bogeymen. That was so 10 years ago...

Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Resized Image

Hope this helps! Just keep your wits about you in the area and you'll be fine.

Light Rail Schedules

(Welcome to JCList! BTW)

Posted on: 2018/9/11 4:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Hope this helps! Just keep your wits about you in the area and you'll be fine.

Light Rail Schedules

(Welcome to JCList! BTW)

Posted on: 2018/9/11 2:45

Light rail stop- 9th and Congress
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From nj
Group:
Registered Users
This stop is in Hoboken not JC right? How close to Washington Blvd? Is it crowded-safe at night or in a remote location? Weekend hours?

Posted on: 2018/9/11 2:21

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017