Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
121 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 121

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: JC Street Sweep and Parking Petition!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
i'm ok with once weekly street sweeping but i am TOTALLY AGAINST the idea of giving amnesty to people with unpaid parking tickets. WTH. People break the law and you want to give them a break? He must be a big fan of Sanders and Ocasio-Cortez.

It's better for the city to get some revenue instead of zero from unpaid tickets. It's a way to clear old debts difficult to collect. Most people that far behind in their tickets must be having a tough time. I'd be inclined to hear the specifics of the plan.

They offered the program in Philly:

https://whyy.org/articles/nearly-10-mi ... y-parking-ticket-amnesty/
i'd rather car registrations be revoked for unpaid parking tickets

I'd rather they keep their car so they can keep their job.

Posted on: 2018/8/17 17:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
i'm ok with once weekly street sweeping but i am TOTALLY AGAINST the idea of giving amnesty to people with unpaid parking tickets. WTH. People break the law and you want to give them a break? He must be a big fan of Sanders and Ocasio-Cortez.

It's better for the city to get some revenue instead of zero from unpaid tickets. It's a way to clear old debts difficult to collect. Most people that far behind in their tickets must be having a tough time. I'd be inclined to hear the specifics of the plan.

i'd rather car registrations be revoked for unpaid parking tickets

Posted on: 2018/8/17 14:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/3/5 15:03
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

wpaul2 wrote:
Petition to reduce street sweeping and a parking reform plan? Yes please! https://jcparkingpetition.com/

Who is Rolando petitioning ???

Posted on: 2018/8/17 14:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:

Posted on: 2018/8/17 2:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2018/8/16 13:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
I do not want to see a street plan that focuses on automobiles at the expense of pedestrians, public transportation, and cyclists.

Having said that, I do not think running unnecessary street sweepers to generate tickets and "gotcha" booting policies are a necessary part of a Complete Streets plan.

Posted on: 2018/8/15 17:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/3 18:37
From DTJC
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Sutherland wrote:
I absolutely oppose this idea. We have a parking problem because of the significant increase in density. The City did not mandate developers to provide adequate parking. The increase in density necessitates more cleaning services. Reducing the amount of street cleaning will result in the City being filthy. Our taxes have just been increased. We should be getting at least the same amount of services, not less services. The City should come up with a better solution to the parking problem. I would propose that constituents with utility vehicles or larger SUVs should have to pay a larger annual fee for annual parking permits, Columbus Ave. should have residential permit parking for constituents instead of private entities and the City should reopen the pedestrian plaza between Erie and Barrow.

This post looks like it could have come from Yvonne, word for word. More irrational NIMBY garbage.

I don't even drive or own a car, but I support any change to make lives easier for ordinary residents. Plus, how much money will the city save from not having to deploy all these sweeping machines and employees? Those resources and be put toward better sanitation service, which would actually fix the problem of garbage in the streets.

Posted on: 2018/8/15 15:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Sutherland wrote:
I absolutely oppose this idea. We have a parking problem because of the significant increase in density. The City did not mandate developers to provide adequate parking. The increase in density necessitates more cleaning services. Reducing the amount of street cleaning will result in the City being filthy. Our taxes have just been increased. We should be getting at least the same amount of services, not less services. The City should come up with a better solution to the parking problem. I would propose that constituents with utility vehicles or larger SUVs should have to pay a larger annual fee for annual parking permits, Columbus Ave. should have residential permit parking for constituents instead of private entities and the City should reopen the pedestrian plaza between Erie and Barrow.

Wow... in other words, let's rollback all the initiatives that promote safer streets, and urban walkability.

For starters, there was no such thing as a tax increase. The city, post reval, is collecting the same amount of taxes as before. If you saw an increase in your tax bill, that only means you had been underpaying in the past. Consider yourself lucky.

Also, it seems illogical to want lower taxes (or to bemoan higher taxes, if that was true) but to be in opposition of curtailing city services. You can't have both.

The pedestrian plazas are a success. I truly hope the city administration and council have the fortitude to keep them in place despiste the vocal opposition of some old timers that want to be able to drive and park wherever they go.

The idea that there isn't enough parking at some development is simply provably false: virtually every parking deck in DTJC offers heavily discounted parking that entices MORE commuters to drive here because they are never full. If you feel that there are residents in high rises that have cars despite their buildings having a parking deck, call the PA and report those vehicles. After all, residents of buildings with parking decks are not entitled to on-street parking permits.

Posted on: 2018/8/15 13:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/18 14:36
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2018/8/15 12:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Yes absolutely. The street sweeping we have is just a way for the city to bilk its residents out of money by levying fines. The streets don't need to be cleaned twice each week, it's just a dumb game of musical cars where the losers have to pay the city.

Posted on: 2018/8/15 4:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Haggis wrote:
UHM....No

From what I read there are six initiatives. Which ones are you opposed to and why?

Posted on: 2018/8/15 1:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
This would be great. In any case, the sweepers do a piss poor job, so cutting back the frequency to just once per side of the street would likely lead to the same result.

Posted on: 2018/8/15 1:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Lavarro proposes fewer street cleanings in Jersey City

Updated 7:38 PM; Posted 7:38 PM
By Terrence T. McDonald tmcdonald@jjournal.com

The Jersey Journal

JERSEY CITY ? Council President Rolando Lavarro wants the city to cut down to twice-a-week street cleaning citywide, an idea that is part of a package of proposals Lavarro calls "street sweep reform."

The package includes simple items like a ticket amnesty program ? one that would give residents a complete break for tickets issued before Jan. 1, 2017 ? and an idea that may be a tough lift, a plan to keep anyone from getting their driver's license suspended because of unpaid street sweeper tickets.

https://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... y.html#incart_river_index

Posted on: 2018/8/15 0:25

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/16 13:54
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
UHM....No

Posted on: 2018/8/15 0:08

JC Street Sweep and Parking Petition!

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/8/14 21:16
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Petition to reduce street sweeping and a parking reform plan? Yes please! https://jcparkingpetition.com/

Posted on: 2018/8/14 21:06

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017