Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
50 user(s) are online (24 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 50

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Recommendations- Dumpster Rental
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Tried bagster once and will never do it again for reasons you state. Pickup was "delayed" without notice and it sat outside for four weeks.....Then I got a charged a trip fee because they claimed they couldn't clear the "low lines" on the street.

Posted on: 8/13 17:17
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
[quote]

I just called Interstate and they said the smallest they have is 10 yard. How do you have a 1 yard?

Maybe they only have the small ones for people who rent monthly? I keep one in my garage since I have so many small project going on that require me to get rid of stuff.

Is it possible they said that because it's construction debris not household crap? The Bagster is a bust, these morons require 5' clearance all around the 4x8 bag, so they need a 14x18 footprint next to the street! No one has a 14' wide driveway here!

Posted on: 8/13 16:42
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
[quote]

I just called Interstate and they said the smallest they have is 10 yard. How do you have a 1 yard?

Maybe they only have the small ones for people who rent monthly? I keep one in my garage since I have so many small project going on that require me to get rid of stuff.

Posted on: 8/13 16:38
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:
I have a 1 yard I use to put old rugs and other stuff in (no cardboard allowed) as I am doing apartment refreshes. It gets picked up once per month. Costs me about $60 a month for the service.

Just did some research on the "Bagster" from WM. $30 to buy the 3 yard bag, $175 to haul away, 3k lb limit. Perfect!!! Only issue is will having it the driveway for a few days till they collect attract a Buildings inspector nosing around. I don't think replacing a tile tub surround needs a permit but you never know with those pirates.

Posted on: 8/13 15:58

Edited by brewster on 2018/8/13 16:25:19
Edited by brewster on 2018/8/13 16:28:03
Print Top

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

light12v wrote:
That's an outrageous charge tern [Robin].....I paid independent Roselle <$500 for each 40yd container with 5 TONS of Roof ripoff materials [my job required 2x] when I had my 135 year old Roof & Yankee gutters ripped & re-built in the Fall of 2016

JCIA is extremely overpriced. I would never use them. Pick up the dumpster and no-parking permits but use a private vendor.

Posted on: 8/10 15:06
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

light12v wrote:
That's an outrageous charge tern [Robin].....I paid independent Roselle <$500 for each 40yd container with 5 TONS of Roof ripoff materials [my job required 2x] when I had my 135 year old Roof & Yankee gutters ripped & re-built in the Fall of 2016

You ain't seen outrageous. I demoed out and bagged about 90 sq ft of bathroom tile and 2 layers of wallboard. I was quoted by one of the "cleanout" companies $750 to carry it down 2 flights and take it away. Another wanted $450. I wanted to get some of those 1/2 yard rollaways that can fit in my alley, but I could not find anyone who did that after the one carter, Falesto, closed.

Posted on: 8/9 17:27
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From JC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 8/9 16:20
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Dinger wrote:
$650 is ungodly expensive for a 20 yard C&D. I've got an account but pay about $350. It's more for concrete.

It would have been under $400 if I wasn't mixing asbestos tile, ceramic tile, concrete, wood, etc. all in one container.

Posted on: 8/9 13:57
Print Top

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
$650 is ungodly expensive for a 20 yard C&D. I've got an account but pay about $350. It's more for concrete.

Posted on: 8/9 13:34
Print Top

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I've been using Cali Carting for years. Keep in mind that concrete cannot be placed in the same container as C&D. Concrete containers are 10 and 15yd only. Same goes with dirt, i.e, separate containers for dirt, concrete, and C&D.

Posted on: 8/9 13:32
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tern wrote:
What are their prices?

Robin.

Depends one the size (large trash can to 40 cubic yard dumpster), the type of trash, and how often you want it picked up. Two years ago, I got a quote for $650 for a 20 yarder, but that included being able to put non-friable asbestos shingles in it.

I have a 1 yard I use to put old rugs and other stuff in (no cardboard allowed) as I am doing apartment refreshes. It gets picked up once per month. Costs me about $60 a month for the service.

Posted on: 8/9 13:30
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
What are their prices?

Robin.

Posted on: 8/9 9:32
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
I currently use Interstate Waste. Pickups have been reliable and the customer service is good.

Posted on: 8/9 9:26
Print Top

Hide User information
From Jersey
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you. I've seen JCIA mentioned elsewhere but links to their pages were obsolete.

The dumpster will be used for construction, sidewalk worth of concrete. May be cheaper to go with a commercial vendor. I will contact JCIA to find out.

Thank you again.

Posted on: 8/9 8:42
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I always used the Jersey City Incinerator Authority (JCIA), you have to go in person over to 440, the place to get the permit is next door, so you can do it all. Once you have the dumpster permit, you also need to go to the Parking Authority on Central Avenue to get no parking signs, they won't give you the signs until you have the permit in hand.

I had an idea that a government place would be cheaper than a commercial vendor, but I never actually rented from a commercial place to compare, so I may be wrong.

JCIA is now merged into Department of Public Works, hard to find information on the Jersey City website, but seems the number for dumpster rental is 201-547-2600.

The old JCIA website used to have more information including prices, the Jersey City website is dreadful, they spent money trying to make it look nicer, yet the content is extremely poor.

I remember it being something like $600 for the biggest container (30 yard), with two tons free, then you pay per ton. If you fill a 30 yard container with heavy stuff like dirt/rubble/plaster/rocks you will be way over two tons.

Robin.

Posted on: 8/9 7:39
Print Top

Recommendations- Dumpster Rental

Hide User information
From Jersey
Group:
Registered Users
Does jclist have a recommended dumpster rental company or two?

Posted on: 8/8 11:26
Print Top

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017