Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
98 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 98

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Land Value.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/10 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
You never did answer the question, what are your credentials? And why is that so? And do you know what is a CTA? It is clear you do not fully comprehend the *economic* impact of the reval and the reason for my one-time phase-in revaluation comments. The Mayor does. It was evident in his city address this past week. But then regarding economics, I am wasting my time again arguing with someone "evidence based" <> who equates lack of access to one (1) ball field as an insufficient supply of ball fields throughout the city. And additionally proposes having more of such at the expense of an already limited supply of open/wild/greenspace (LSP). Perhaps you do understand, but your emotions get in the way of clear, rational thinking. Or more like wishing upon how things should be, e.g. "fairness", a plethora of "normative statements" versus how they are, positive statements - "evidence based".

Posted on: 2018/2/25 18:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Ralph_Abutts wrote:
Regarding "ignorance", I am a CTA. What are your credentials?

Yvonne claims to have taught schoolchildren for years, yet can't put together coherent sentences. I'm an "evidence based" person.

Quote:

Ralph_Abutts wrote:
the State should have made a one-time exception to the law to allow for a phased-in revaluation to prevent such a disruptive event like going on now.

The idea that injustice needs to be phased out slowly is the evidence to me you simply don't get it.

Posted on: 2018/2/25 17:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Regarding "ignorance", I am a CTA. What are your credentials?
I will not delete my account, thank you. If someone is looking for advice or needs help with an appeal, I am available for hire. However, you will need to find me offline. I'm more than busy enough already with no need to actively solicit for more work.

Posted on: 2018/2/25 14:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Why bother saying anything at all then?

Yeah, pretty funny to complain about posts that don't forward the conversation with a post that adds nothing. Though given Ralphs demonstrated ignorance of the reval details I'm dubious of his claim.

It's gotta be tough to "comp" since so few empty lots transfer. If they do it by subtracting the made up "replacement cost" numbers from an appraisal from the comped assessment, then it's going to be a mess.

Was cruising the old land assessments for reference, and picked the long row of 12' houses on the S side of 8th between Monmouth & Coles. Most are $3500 or $4500, but 329.5 is $30k!!! It was $3500 in 2015, apparently reassessed after a gut, and owned by Dixon. So much for them getting a free ride. I also doubt you could actually buy a lot there in 1988 for $3500. Maybe 1978...

Posted on: 2018/2/19 17:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Ralph_Abutts wrote:
I could answer the question of how land is valued, but then it would be drowned out by a lot of sophomoric comments. Not worth it. Folks rather blather on about every single topic rather than listen. The poor signal to noise ratio is a major turn off than drives quality contributors away further aggrevating the condition of this website.

Why bother saying anything at all then? Just delete your account.

Posted on: 2018/2/19 15:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I could answer the question of how land is valued, but then it would be drowned out by a lot of sophomoric comments. Not worth it. Folks rather blather on about every single topic rather than listen. The poor signal to noise ratio is a major turn off than drives quality contributors away further aggrevating the condition of this website.

Posted on: 2018/2/19 13:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
The land vs. building assessments aren't publicly released, are they? My downtown friend's assessment had her land as almost 4/5 of the total.

Posted on: 2018/2/19 3:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

tern wrote:
How is the land value portion calculated? Is there a formula based on lot size and location?

Examples I have looked at seem inconsistent, even for properties in the same neighbourhood.

Robin.

I've raised this question too, I think there's potential for a giant shitshow there. I've found current assessments where adjacent identical lots are 1/4 their neighbor. When land was 1/5 the total it meant less, but it looks like land may be the major portion now. I posted a link a little while ago to a study showing that land cost was actually the main driver of high housing cost in cities like ours.

Posted on: 2018/2/19 1:28

Land Value.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
How is the land value portion calculated? Is there a formula based on lot size and location?

Examples I have looked at seem inconsistent, even for properties in the same neighbourhood.

Robin.

Posted on: 2018/2/18 18:10

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017