Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
108 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 108

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Governor Murphy
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/3 18:37
From DTJC
Group:
Banned
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

Webmaster wrote:
WARNING: You seem to not be familiar with the definition of decorum :

decorum
d??k??r?m/noun
behaviour in keeping with good taste and propriety.
"he had acted with the utmost decorum"
synonyms: propriety, properness, seemliness, decency, decorousness, good taste, correctness, appropriateness, appropriacy; politeness, courtesy, good manners; refinement, breeding, deportment, dignity, respectability, modesty, demureness
"he had acted with the utmost decorum

Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote

That report is from 1997. You can?t find anything more recent than that? And for the second link- those people are here legally and pay taxes so I don?t know why they shouldn?t have access to those services? Going by your link selection you apparently don?t think battered spouses or refugees who are here legally should get any support? What a Christian you are. A huge portion of them are children. You?re really a terrible and inhumane person.

Why would I treat anyone who calls themselves a Christian but thinks it?s acceptable to withold support services from children and victims of domestic abuse with a shred of decorum? She?s trash.

People like her are why everyone sane has fled to reddit and doesn?t use your janky ass racist-filled website anymore.

Seriously. That woman is racist trash and I'd be calling her the same if I did have to use my real identity on this site. Her toxic NIMBYism and just plain bigotry would be called out in such a manner even in a public forum.

If you want to cut down on the personal attacks, upgrade this forum from circa 2003 software to something that requires a facebook login or at least has a real name requirement, but that ship may have already sailed with Nextdoor. I'd even wager the toxicity is the only thing drawing in traffic these days as I'm sure a lot of people just can't look away from a train wreck.

Reddit, thank god, has a much younger and less toxic crowd. You can actually get helpful answers and advice without the usual conservative trolls on this site blowing up every single thread and Yvonne probably can't figure out how to post/comment there, so that's an added bonus.

Posted on: 2018/2/13 19:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Webmaster wrote:

decorum
d??k??r?m/noun
synonyms: propriety, properness, seemliness, decency, decorousness, good taste, correctness, appropriateness, appropriacy; politeness, courtesy, good manners; refinement, breeding, deportment, dignity, respectability, modesty, demureness

You've decided to put yourself out of business? Or you are just pro-troll?

Posted on: 2018/2/13 17:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/1 0:23
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Webmaster wrote:

decorum
d??k??r?m/noun

Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote

That report is from 1997. You can?t find anything more recent than that? And for the second link- those people are here legally and pay taxes so I don?t know why they shouldn?t have access to those services? Going by your link selection you apparently don?t think battered spouses or refugees who are here legally should get any support? What a Christian you are. A huge portion of them are children. You?re really a terrible and inhumane person.

Why would I treat anyone who calls themselves a Christian but thinks it?s acceptable to withold support services from children and victims of domestic abuse with a shred of decorum? She?s trash.

People like her are why everyone sane has fled to reddit and doesn?t use your janky ass racist-filled website anymore.

Posted on: 2018/2/13 16:33

Webmaster
Webmaster

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/25 12:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Webmasters

decorum
d??k??r?m/noun

Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote

Posted on: 2018/2/13 14:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Many of the people living in poverty are illegal and legal immigrants. They do receive social benefits, something that is not talked about.
https://www.gao.gov/products/HEHS-98-30
https://www.nilc.org/issues/economic-support/table_ovrw_fedprogs/

Posted on: 2018/2/13 4:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Many of the people living in poverty are illegal and legal immigrants. They do receive social benefits, something that is not talked about.
https://www.gao.gov/products/HEHS-98-30
https://www.nilc.org/issues/economic-support/table_ovrw_fedprogs/

Posted on: 2018/2/13 3:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
LOL I can?t even imagine how simple you have to be to think immigrants are the ones stealing all the resources while the president and conservatives you blindly support pass a tax reform bill that literally just transfers even more wealth to corporations and the super rich right in front of your face. And they still have you hollering about immigrants and a wall that will do zero except waste a massive amount of your precious resources! Like they owe you a steak dinner or SOMETHING for making it this easy.

When people complain about the tax cuts and said the wealthy benefits over the poor, I check who pays taxes, it is the wealthy not the poor who pay the greater share. https://www.marketwatch.com/story/45-o ... ral-income-tax-2016-02-24

.....duh? It?s based on income. If you have more you pay more because a flat rate wouldn?t make sense when you have 15% of Americans in this amaaaazing country living in poverty while the people who employ them rake in billions through tax loopholes. You think it?s normal that the Waltons are billionaires and literally some of the richest people in the US but they pay such low wages that Walmart employees cost taxpayers BILLIONS in public assistance?

Posted on: 2018/2/12 23:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
LOL I can?t even imagine how simple you have to be to think immigrants are the ones stealing all the resources while the president and conservatives you blindly support pass a tax reform bill that literally just transfers even more wealth to corporations and the super rich right in front of your face. And they still have you hollering about immigrants and a wall that will do zero except waste a massive amount of your precious resources! Like they owe you a steak dinner or SOMETHING for making it this easy.

When people complain about the tax cuts and said the wealthy benefits over the poor, I check who pays taxes, it is the wealthy not the poor who pay the greater share. https://www.marketwatch.com/story/45-o ... ral-income-tax-2016-02-24

Posted on: 2018/2/12 23:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From the village
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2018/2/12 22:51

Webmaster
Webmaster

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/25 12:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Webmasters
I removed 10 posts today due to NAME CALLING; i am requesting that you respect opinions that differ from your own and adhere to a sense of decorum when you post.

Thanks for your cooperation!

Posted on: 2018/2/12 15:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
If anyone wants to fund illegal immigrants, hey, go to town. Just don't demand others do so, especially when we have plenty of people wanting to come here through our legal process.

And as far as DACA, our POTUS has made a great offer to those here illegally. The Democrats are being the obstructionists on this. President Trump's plan gives 1.8 million a chance vs the left's plan for 800,000. Who's being compassionate?

Posted on: 2018/2/11 19:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/12/16 16:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
How is wanting to take care of your own 'hate in your heart'? Every kid here illegally costs 23K/year to educate. Money that could be spent on your own kids college prep, or vo tech programs. Why should we educate every kid from every poor country on the planet? Or provide billions in emergency room costs raising our own family healthcare costs?

Murphy is Corzine, without the sweater and the beard.

There is nothing wrong with "taking care of your own." But there is also nothing wrong with taking care of those less fortunate than you. I'm liberal and damn proud of it, but if someone does break a law, or tries to live without working to support themselves, I'm all for cutting them off.

In the case of the "Dreamers," these are people whose parents came here illegally, but the kids were just brought along. In order to qualify for DACA, they must be working or in school, they must be crime free, and they pay fees to have their status. I refuse to believe that forcing these DACA recipients to live in fear as we've done over the last year is good for anyone.

Those public officials and the rest of us that support "Sanctuary Cities" know that the best way to deal with crime amongst illegal aliens is simply not to punish those illegal aliens who's only crime is finding their way into this country. If the hard working, (and yes, most illegal aliens work harder at jobs that typical American citizens don't want), illegal alien knows he can talk to local police, he's more likely to step up and report the real criminals, including the few evil illegals.

As far as the absurdly low minimum wage we have, when a person works a "full time job" and cant afford to support his/her family or even just him/herself, when companies like Walmart and McDonald's suggest that their employees apply to the government for assistance because those companies don't pay enough, it's those companies that are getting subsidized labor, and they're the ones living off the government teat.

Yes, I will go out on record as saying that the difference between a liberal and a conservative is that liberals have empathy for all humans, and desire to change the status quo to help all people. Conservatives only care about themselves and those who are the same or already better off.

Posted on: 2018/2/11 18:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
How is wanting to take care of your own 'hate in your heart'? Every kid here illegally costs 23K/year to educate. Money that could be spent on your own kids college prep, or vo tech programs. Why should we educate every kid from every poor country on the planet? Or provide billions in emergency room costs raising our own family healthcare costs?

Murphy is Corzine, without the sweater and the beard.

Posted on: 2018/2/11 17:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/12/16 16:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

stillinjc wrote:
Quote:

RichMauro wrote:
After months and months of lambasting New Jersey citizens with campaign promises, our Governor is strangely silent as of late.
There has been the occasional move into the progressive liberal direction, but where are the pronouncements of strong initiative to right New Jersey's wayward pathways?

Don't you worry, he'll move quickly on legalization of marijuana, sanctuary status for illegals, unisex toilets, higher taxes and other "progressive" agenda items that will greatly improve our quality of life...

I'm sorry you have hate in your heart. The so called "Liberal Agenda" is designed to help all people, not just those who've suctioned off all the wealth of this country.

Posted on: 2018/2/11 17:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
And the first thing Governor-elect Murphy did was to go to Puerto Rico after the election because NJ is not his priority.

Posted on: 2018/2/4 21:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RichMauro wrote:
After months and months of lambasting New Jersey citizens with campaign promises, our Governor is strangely silent as of late.
There has been the occasional move into the progressive liberal direction, but where are the pronouncements of strong initiative to right New Jersey's wayward pathways?

Don't hurt yourself trying to use such big words...

lambasting
noun
a harsh criticism: he received a lambasting from critics and fans.

lambaste
verb [with object]
criticize (someone or something) harshly

Posted on: 2018/2/4 20:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/27 23:03
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RichMauro wrote:

Don't you worry, he'll move quickly on legalization of marijuana, sanctuary status for illegals, unisex toilets, higher taxes and other "progressive" agenda items that will greatly improve our quality of life...

Posted on: 2018/2/4 15:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
DT residents are flipping out now that their reval letters are arriving-the guy they voted in, Murphy, won't make things better-he's going to make it worse. How's them apples?

Posted on: 2018/2/4 15:27

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/3/27 20:26
Group:
Registered Users
Some of us just read the newspapers instead asking other to read them for us.

Posted on: 2018/2/4 14:18

Governor Murphy
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/1 14:07
From Earth
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2018/2/4 13:05

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017