Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
154 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 154

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: JC Heights shooting on Sherman Ave and Ferry street
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/17 15:41
Group:
Registered Users
The article does not mention an escalation nor the number of shots fired. What is the source of your info?

Quote:

heightsrepman wrote:
wow my apologies, " that then escalated to eight more shot(S) on Manhattan Ave."

crazy how one letter changed the whole story. I don't work at a newspaper.Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
I'm having a hard time believing this story especially the eight shot on Manhattan Ave. and nothing in the newspaper. The OP is a newbie to this site so not sure of his credibility. I'll ask the captain at the Captain's Meeting next week on Wednesday.

I read what they wrote different. I took what they were saying as the shooting started on Sherman ave and later continued again on Manhattan ave where at least 8 more shots were let off and they heard at least 15 shell casings in total were picked up from both scenes.

If no one was hit it isn't uncommon at all for it not to make the news. Most shootings without a gunshot victim don't get covered.

If they really meant 8 people were shot I would have a hard time believing that also.

Posted on: 2018/1/9 19:45

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/10 19:26
Group:
Registered Users
wow my apologies, " that then escalated to eight more shot(S) on Manhattan Ave."

crazy how one letter changed the whole story. I don't work at a newspaper.Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
I'm having a hard time believing this story especially the eight shot on Manhattan Ave. and nothing in the newspaper. The OP is a newbie to this site so not sure of his credibility. I'll ask the captain at the Captain's Meeting next week on Wednesday.

I read what they wrote different. I took what they were saying as the shooting started on Sherman ave and later continued again on Manhattan ave where at least 8 more shots were let off and they heard at least 15 shell casings in total were picked up from both scenes.

If no one was hit it isn't uncommon at all for it not to make the news. Most shootings without a gunshot victim don't get covered.

If they really meant 8 people were shot I would have a hard time believing that also.

Posted on: 2018/1/9 18:31

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2018/1/9 18:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:

Posted on: 2018/1/9 1:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2018/1/9 0:27
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/17 15:41
Group:
Registered Users
Do you have a link? I don't see it on NJ.com

Posted on: 2018/1/8 20:04

JC Heights shooting on Sherman Ave and Ferry street
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
There was a shooting on Sherman ave on Saturday morning around 2:30 am that then escalated to eight more shot on Manhattan Ave. I am curious as to why this did not make the news. I did hear mention that there were 14 shell casings in total picked up.

anyone hear additional news?

Posted on: 2018/1/8 19:27

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017