Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
43 user(s) are online (26 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 42

Frinjc, more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)

Re: Legal Weed Is Coming to New Jersey
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
I walked into a recreational dispensary in Oregon last year, what a trip! Quart jars of bud lining the walls, each with a description and a test report, plus glass cases of concentrates and edibles. Plus knowledgeable salespeople to tell of the nuances of each "varietal". A far cry from the $30/oz mexi we smoked in college! (Does that date me?)

$15/oz for me (mid-late 60s). Those were the days......

....when the National Guard rolled through Baltimore after martial law was declared after the riots over the murder of Martin Luther King.

Posted on: 12/6 16:10
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 12/6 15:51
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Trust me, even then that was probably WAY BETTER weed! We rarely saw "sens". The stuff in Oregon was 8-11/gram and literally has 30x the THC of the ca 1980 mexican full of twigs and seeds. As for complicated, OMG! It was like shopping for artisanal beer.

Quote:

dmark526 wrote:
I think it might. I remember a quarter oz costing $30-40 in the late 80's. Sounds like even pot smoking has gotten complicated.

Quote:

brewster wrote:
I walked into a recreational dispensary in Oregon last year, what a trip! Quart jars of bud lining the walls, each with a description and a test report, plus glass cases of concentrates and edibles. Plus knowledgeable salespeople to tell of the nuances of each "varietal". A far cry from the $30/oz mexi we smoked in college! (Does that date me?)

Posted on: 12/5 23:36
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
This is most evident by the fact that under the current bill, it would be illegal for homeowners to grow their own cannabis at home. It's all about the revenue.

Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
The vice story said one NJ proposal wanted to start the tax at 7%, then after several years it would grow to 25%. No idea what alcohol is taxed at but it is pretty obvious the only thing they want is immediate increased usage and a new revenue stream that grows to feed their spending addiction.

Posted on: 12/5 23:35
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
I don't care what people go in their homes, but I am worried about kids getting access and the public safety aspects of driving stoned. Certainly jailing people for personal consumption is foolish.

As far as i am concerned most governments want their citizens stoned because they are easier to control. The vice story said one NJ proposal wanted to start the tax at 7%, then after several years it would grow to 25%. No idea what alcohol is taxed at but it is pretty obvious the only thing they want is immediate increased usage and a new revenue stream that grows to feed their spending addiction.

Posted on: 12/5 23:30
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
I think it might. I remember a quarter oz costing $30-40 in the late 80's. Sounds like even pot smoking has gotten complicated.

Quote:

brewster wrote:

Posted on: 12/5 21:25
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 12/5 21:15
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
You're late to the party bud, but better late than never.

Posted on: 12/5 20:57
Print Top

Legal Weed Is Coming to New Jersey
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users

Legal Weed Is Coming to New Jersey

Thanks to sweeping Democratic victories up and down the ballot last month, recreational pot is en route to the Garden State. Here's what that might look like.

Cannabis-industry players are already scouting locations in Jersey City, Hoboken, Fort Lee, and Newark for potential storefronts. “New Jersey has a incredible opportunity to have a first-mover advantage in the Northeast, particularly the overflow they would likely experience from New York because of the extremely restrictive medical market there,” said Derek Peterson, CEO of Terra Tech, a marijuana agriculture company.

Peterson suggested retailers might offer a mix of products available in other states—and that perhaps half would be raw flour and the other half ready edibles and concentrates.

Legalization in Jersey seems inevitable despite expected opposition from some lawmakers, new wave drug warriors, and, of course, Sessions, a Reefer Madness type who signaled he may crack down on pot as recently as last week. Then there’s Christie, who will still be involved with the Trump administration’s commission on opioid use even after he leaves office. Remarkably, he cited (questionable) research suggesting smoking weed can lead to opioid addiction in the commission's November report, while ignoring a bevy of studies finding medical marijuana is associated with a reduction in opioid overdose deaths.

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/a3j ... d-is-coming-to-new-jersey

Posted on: 12/5 20:29
Print Top

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact