Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
122 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 122

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »

Re: Symes / Solomon runoff
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/1 1:16
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Phewwwww no Symes. Humankind wins!

Posted on: 2017/12/6 2:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/12 20:58
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Good night, Tern. I hope you won't be disappointed. The holier than thous often turn out to have feet of mud...er ..clay.

Posted on: 2017/12/6 2:37

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/19 17:35
Group:
Registered Users
My personal observation was the Solomon campaign worked harder. I received twice as many visits from Solomon canvassers than Symes.

Posted on: 2017/12/6 2:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
A lot of money says KLo, whose candidate was supported by television advertisements.

Robin.

Posted on: 2017/12/6 2:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Too bad. All that mud costs a lot of money. Hope it was worth it

Posted on: 2017/12/6 2:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DanL wrote:
Solomon won

Congrats to James. Rich Boggiano won also.

Posted on: 2017/12/6 1:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Unfortunately it looks like misogyny and smears carried the day in Ward E.

Posted on: 2017/12/6 1:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Solomon won

Posted on: 2017/12/6 1:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
If you have not voted yet ....GO VOTE!

Posted on: 2017/12/5 22:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Really grabbing at straws here. She hired TWO PEOPLE!! Thank heavens polls close at 8 pm.

Posted on: 2017/12/5 19:02

Re: Beware of Symes Volunteers Infiltrating Your Building
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/12 3:48
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:

This, all the way. Symes just seems too aligned with Fulop's contacts and resources to be as independent as I'd like.

Which is why the mayor never endorsed her.

Which is why he gave no money to her.

Which is why he did not deploy any campaign people on her behalf.

Which is why committee people, elected on the HCDO line, are allowed to campaign for whatever candidate they want.

Which is why Solomon is working with the support of Michael Yun, who seeks not an "independent" council but an opposition bloc.

Anonymous posts or unsourced assertions are not the basis for saying that Symes "seems" connected to the Mayor. She is not except in the sense that she can work more cooperatively rather than act as a "White Knight" who knows better than everyone else.

Between Symes and Solomon it is obvious who the mayor would prefer to be on the council. But the mayor knows that it would be unseemly to endorse the former General Counsel for a major real estate investment firm.

Let me make this clear -
General Counsel of real estate investment firm -> Jersey City Council ? is inappropriate and egregious from an ethical standpoint.

There are good reasons to vote for either candidate, but completely ignoring the ethical dilemma is troubling. Ms. Symes may do an excellent job on the council ? time will tell. But either way, this will set a dangerous precedent.

Completely ignoring? She resigned from her position and is going without a job to avoid conflicts of interest.

If something pertaining to Dixon came before council she should recuse herself. But Dixon generally does not have matters that go before the council. It is not a developer and has not applied for tax abatements or sought approval of redevelopment plans. Most of what Dixon has to do with government is getting permits, approvals to do work in historic districts, and the like. That does not go before council.

Completely ignoring that at Dixon she employed two people from her old job with Senator Gillibrand.

Under Symes, Dixon successfully reduced their property tax burden leaving regular homeowners to pick up the tab.

Posted on: 2017/12/5 18:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:

This, all the way. Symes just seems too aligned with Fulop's contacts and resources to be as independent as I'd like.

Which is why committee people, elected on the HCDO line, are allowed to campaign for whatever candidate they want.

Which is why Solomon is working with the support of Michael Yun, who seeks not an "independent" council but an opposition bloc.

Anonymous posts or unsourced assertions are not the basis for saying that Symes "seems" connected to the Mayor. She is not except in the sense that she can work more cooperatively rather than act as a "White Knight" who knows better than everyone else.

Between Symes and Solomon it is obvious who the mayor would prefer to be on the council. But the mayor knows that it would be unseemly to endorse the former General Counsel for a major real estate investment firm.

Let me make this clear -
General Counsel of real estate investment firm -> Jersey City Council ? is inappropriate and egregious from an ethical standpoint.

There are good reasons to vote for either candidate, but completely ignoring the ethical dilemma is troubling. Ms. Symes may do an excellent job on the council ? time will tell. But either way, this will set a dangerous precedent.

Completely ignoring? She resigned from her position and is going without a job to avoid conflicts of interest.

If something pertaining to Dixon came before council she should recuse herself. But Dixon generally does not have matters that go before the council. It is not a developer and has not applied for tax abatements or sought approval of redevelopment plans. Most of what Dixon has to do with government is getting permits, approvals to do work in historic districts, and the like. That does not go before council.

Posted on: 2017/12/5 18:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:

Let me make this clear -

Posted on: 2017/12/5 17:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCvoter wrote:
Symes will favor developers over residents and you?ll be paying what they don?t pay in property tax.

Amen and hallelujah to that! We have been wandering around Journal Square for close to 40 years waiting for a prophet to show us the way. Hopefully she will help turn this desert land in Journal Square into the (4 times) Promised Land.

PS ? I was just about to pass my seedling off to my younger neighbor for planting up the Square in case I never got to see the (4 times) Promised Land. It looks like I finally will see it.

jj photo
Resized Image

Posted on: 2017/12/5 17:19

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/12 3:48
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Symes will favor developers over residents and you?ll be paying what they don?t pay in property tax.

Posted on: 2017/12/5 13:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ecoindie wrote:
Solomon is the epitome of white privilege. During a planning board meeting discussing the Journal Square tower, he ranted about Kushner. However, he failed to notice all of the journal square locals in a heavy minority area are in favor of the project because among other things they are sick of this lot being vacant for 40 plus years. This was a pure example of "i know better than you. i'm going to be your "white knight" and dismissing the people who actually live there.

From reading the posts here saying how Team Solomon is trying to make something out of Rebecca Symes past employment and especially the above post Solomon comes across as an anti-development kind of guy. Speaking for the majority of people in the ?other city? (according to JJ?s Earl Morgan) please vote for Symes today. With all of the new development opportunities coming to ALL wards (Bayfront, Westside, JSquare) we don?t need another anti-development vote on the City Council. We already have Rich ?NO vote? Boggiano to try and c-block* us.

The Journal Square locals mentioned in the above post are indeed overjoyed that new development is finally happening Up The Square. They had the ?rebirth? rug pulled out from under them many a time. They have been waiting decades to either cash out or enjoy some of those ?yuppie? amenities like good restaurants/bars, grocery stores, etc. (the things they used to have 40+ years ago) Whenever I see my older neighbors it is a ?Hi how are you doing did you hear if any new projects got approved?? Don?t let that joy stop now. (we JC old-timers don?t have much time left to enjoy those ?yuppie? amenities)

*c-block = construction block ..lol

Posted on: 2017/12/5 13:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Tomorrows Similar Options:

A. Corporate Hack / Political Shill With ulterior Motives

B. Some schmuck

Resized Image

Posted on: 2017/12/5 5:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JPhurst

Resized Image

Posted on: 2017/12/5 5:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:

Posted on: 2017/12/5 5:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

5corners wrote:
In your case racist morons

Resized Image

Posted on: 2017/12/5 5:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

5corners wrote:
In your case it would be the history of morons

The History of Mormons

#In JC Politics

Posted on: 2017/12/5 5:02

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/5 5:00
From Jersey City
Group:
Banned
In your case it would be the history of morons

Posted on: 2017/12/5 4:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

unicornfrappucino wrote:
Clearly James Solomon is Rooseveltesque. If the Roosevelts spent most of their time smearing their political enemies.

Study some history before you yap.

Posted on: 2017/12/5 3:55

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/8 22:31
Group:
Registered Users

The endorsement of  Rebecca Symes by Aaron Morrill the Civic JC Co-Founder is profound. Aaron is a very vocal critic  of the current administration. To paraphrase Aaron" Every voter should spend ten minutes talking to Rebecca and they will find

that she is not the caricuture that her opponents have tried to portray her as" 

Posted on: 2017/12/5 1:30

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 2:48
From Jersey City
Group:
Banned
Clearly James Solomon is Rooseveltesque. If the Roosevelts spent most of their time smearing their political enemies.

Posted on: 2017/12/5 1:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
I'll vote for Solomon because I think he is a better check on the administration's lesser impulses,

This, all the way. Symes just seems too aligned with Fulop's contacts and resources to be as independent as I'd like. I don't find the criticism of Solomon's background to be meaningful. We've seen terrific "dilettante" politicians like the Roosevelts many times in this country.

Posted on: 2017/12/5 1:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/20 13:22
Group:
Registered Users
"I'm gonna change my vote based on something I read on jclist."
said Nobody.
Ever.

Posted on: 2017/12/5 0:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

A lot of things go on in a campaign that aren't visible to the dilettante.

Mah Niggah!

#Philip Habib

Posted on: 2017/12/5 0:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:

If past experience is an indicator, you are probably not at the majority of the activities nor among the inner circle of the Symes campaign. A lot of things go on in a campaign that aren't visible to the dilettante. You can definitively say who exactly is involved and what their precise contributions have been? I strongly doubt that. I'm quite confident the information I'm hearing is accurate and have no reason to doubt it.

Then back it up with real sources.

Posted on: 2017/12/4 20:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Josh - there was no ELEC expenditure for Bertoli on Fulop's ELECs (nor was there one for me, for that matter.) Are you going to tell me he wasn't involved in that campaign either?

If past experience is an indicator, you are probably not at the majority of the activities nor among the inner circle of the Symes campaign. A lot of things go on in a campaign that aren't visible to the dilettante. You can definitively say who exactly is involved and what their precise contributions have been? I strongly doubt that. I'm quite confident the information I'm hearing is accurate and have no reason to doubt it.

To be honest, I don't care that much who wins. I'll vote for Solomon because I think he is a better check on the administration's lesser impulses, but both Solomon and Symes give me the impression that whomever wins will be running for mayor come Wednesday.

Posted on: 2017/12/4 20:15

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017