Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
154 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 154

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Yun Doesn't Think A New Mom Should Be on the City Council
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/1/3 4:40
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
I, too, was replying to Ms. Balcer

Posted on: 2017/10/26 1:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/21 23:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jimbehrle wrote:
I have no idea why I'd want to post something that was untrue. The truth shall set us all free.

I wasn't replying to your post.

Posted on: 2017/10/26 1:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
I have no idea why I'd want to post something that was untrue. The truth shall set us all free.

Posted on: 2017/10/26 1:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/21 23:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
During the last two weeks of a campaign, comments are posted that are not true.

You post untrue stuff all the time so we agree for once.

Posted on: 2017/10/26 1:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
These are posted directly from facebook without me editing them at all. Go there and check!

Posted on: 2017/10/26 1:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
During the last two weeks of a campaign, comments are posted that are not true. I remember flyers posted in the public housing that Mayor McCann was going to raise the rents in the projects. It looked real and probably cost McCann the election to Cucci.

Posted on: 2017/10/26 1:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
Don't be racist, dude.

Posted on: 2017/10/26 0:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Why u no likey mah kimchi ?

#served

Resized Image

Posted on: 2017/10/26 0:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
Moriah Kinberg for Ward D Council
October 23 at 9:48am ?
I appreciate all the messages of support. What concerns me most about Councilman Yun is not his stance on my family: it is how his policies impact all the working families in Jersey City. Look at his track record:
1) As Councilman, Mr. Yun put profit margins ahead of the public health by voting against Paid Sick Leave.
2) He endorsed Chris Christie, lauding compliments on the Governor while our public transportation budget was slashed, funding for schools cut and our affordable housing laws gutted.
3) And then Mr. Yun, like me the offspring of immigrants, went so far as to rally against making Jersey City a Sanctuary City. He only backed down and voted in favor after hundreds of people including myself showed up at City Hall to protect ALL the families in our Jersey City community.
People ask me how I would be different than our current councilperson ? well, I?m not a millionaire landowner. I?m a working mom with a mortgage and a car payment and a baby to think about. That?s the voice I plan to bring to City Hall.

Posted on: 2017/10/25 23:56

Yun Doesn't Think A New Mom Should Be on the City Council
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
Moriah Kinberg for Ward D Council
October 19 at 9:01pm ?

Just got back from the Heights Hope Coalition meeting. It was a pleasure to attend the meeting and to be given the opportunity to speak. Unfortunately, Councilman Yun took the opportunity to make it very clear that be doesn't think a new mom should be a City Council person. While I spent my time talking about bringing the community together, he spent ten minutes grandstanding about the evils of City Hall and attacking city employees. Well Councilman Yun, you have had four years to make an impact and your track record for getting results is abysmal. Right now the Heights need safe streets, we need clean streets, we need a plan for parking and we need someone to crack down on over-development. We don't need four more years of excuses.

To Moriah Kinberg,

This open letter is in response to your Facebook post on October 19th at 9:01 pm in which you claimed that, at a meeting of the Heights Hope Coalition, I made it ?very clear that [I don?t] think a new mom should be a City Council person.? Mo, while my initial instinct was to not dignify your blatant misrepresentations with a response, your comments were too personal, too shocking, and too offensive to ignore.

First and foremost, your statement is patently false. While we were discussing the use of a Parking Planner to work with the Department of City Planning to address the city?s parking issues, I stated that having an expert appointed to solve the problem would give me more time to spend at home with my wife and grandson, and give you more time to spend at home with your baby. I am sure that at the time, you understood my comment as I intended: that the use of a Parking Planner would mean less work for city officials and employees, and more time with our families. There are plenty of witnesses who were present at the meeting who would attest to the same. Mo, I have always respected you as someone who cares deeply about our Heights community, and I thought you respected me in kind. To hear that you resorted to false accusations and personal attacks is not only upsetting, but deeply disheartening.

Second, your opportunistic use of real concerns regarding women?s? rights for your own political gain is disturbing. From Harvey Weinstein to our President, we as a society have become acutely aware that there are a host of women?s issues that we are long overdue to address. I am, and always have been, a proud champion of women?s rights. I believe in equal pay. I believe in maternity leave. I believe that women should be treated fairly and equally. Most importantly, I believe women?s rights are human rights. In all our many interactions, I have always conducted myself in a manner that gave you no reason to think otherwise. Please do not cheapen a real issue our society faces for your own political gain; you are better than that, and our Jersey City constituents deserve better than that.

Accordingly, I am kindly asking that you issue a retraction of your Facebook post on October 19th at 9:01 pm. Win or lose, I?m sure both you and I will continue to be advocates for the Jersey City Heights community ? let us continue to do so civilly.
Respectfully,
Councilman Michael Yun

Posted on: 2017/10/25 23:54

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017