Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 105

more...

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Solomon has no resume
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/8 22:31
Group:
Registered Users
he "taught" for Teach for America.. largely funded by the Walton Foundation( Walmart) Prime directive replacing experienced teachers with people with 5 weeks of training.

Posted on: 2017/10/27 11:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/1/3 4:40
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
I don't think teaching is a bad job to have.

Posted on: 2017/10/27 3:01

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
i pointed out that Solomon has just moved here and has no historical context on what the city was like before under previous administrations and he should temper his criticism of Fulop.

It is not that he just moved here but has done little if anything to make Jersey city a better place to live while he's been here.

Take down the Trump sign? His name was being licensed and was in the process of being removed when he thrust himself into the story.

Low hanging fruit...pick a piece of low hanging fruit...Trump Kushner, real estate developers, abatements...pit rich vs. poor, promise not to take developer $ you can do that when your wealthy. ...no solutions...playing off liberal guilt.

facts
Never had a real job in his life aside from policy wonk
Receives 85% of his money from outside Jersey City
Has no understanding on what abatements are.

Posted on: 2017/10/27 2:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
Man, I could go for a grilled cheese.

An election isn't an attendance contest. Just because you've lived here forever doesn't mean you know where Jersey City should go now. James is a heartfelt person. We're all here now. What are we going to do with each other?

Posted on: 2017/10/27 1:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
I am not a lifer, but I am around long enough to remember when Yvonne ran for council (At-Large, on Manzo's ticket).

Posted on: 2017/10/27 1:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/3 18:37
From DTJC
Group:
Banned
Quote:

MND wrote:
first time meeting James i pressed him to name an achievement of the Fulop administration...finally he came up with hiring minority police.

Solomon moved here fairly recently ..he has no idea what the city was like before Fulop was elected mayor. Before abatements and new development brought people, parks, and a better quality of life.

Not too long ago our food options on Newark ave consisted of a slice or a grilled cheese at Woolworths. Restaurants aren't coming here unless the density supports it.

Some of the biggest critics of the mayor on JC LIST and other sites cashed out too early and in some cases missed out on more than $500k. There is resentment and bitterness is often caustic and counter-productive. I'm not trying to be mean just stating facts.

James Solomon is selling himself as a progressive reformer but I'm not buying.

You're point being? Just because he hasn't been here since the 80's, he's not qualified? By your standard the only people qualified would be Yvonne and maybe a few neighborhood association old timers. New people will keep moving in and there will be turnover.

Posted on: 2017/10/27 0:41

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
first time meeting James i pressed him to name an achievement of the Fulop administration...finally he came up with hiring minority police.

Solomon moved here fairly recently ..he has no idea what the city was like before Fulop was elected mayor. Before abatements and new development brought people, parks, and a better quality of life.

Not too long ago our food options on Newark ave consisted of a slice or a grilled cheese at Woolworths. Restaurants aren't coming here unless the density supports it.

Some of the biggest critics of the mayor on JC LIST and other sites cashed out too early and in some cases missed out on more than $500k. There is resentment and bitterness is often caustic and counter-productive. I'm not trying to be mean just stating facts.

James Solomon is selling himself as a progressive reformer but I'm not buying.

Posted on: 2017/10/26 23:38

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/4 20:13
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
So in other words, he never actually worked in Newark, like he said he did. He was a fellow, paid for by external money (probably friends of his from one of these wealthy liberal think tanks that have poured wheel-barrels of cash into his campaign) to conduct services for the City of Newark.

I once sat in on a meeting with my boss as we discussed a new product launch....he asked him to grab his coffee for him. When I run for office, I'm going to tell people I invented the FitBit, since apparently that's how political logic works for James Solomon.

Posted on: 2017/10/26 22:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
ok, a response-

Boston -

James helped guide the city?s response to the marathon bombings. James was in charge of relations with the small businesses and residents locked out of their homes on Boylston St. due to the FBI investigation.

and James also brought technology to bear on persistent problems such as rough streets and snow removal. Here?s a Boston Globe article written about his work: https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2012 ... 15vmr4aGHACNgP/story.html

James also raised $85K through a never-before-used financing mechanism to fund a research collaborative between Boston University and the city of Boston.

Newark -

James built the foundation for a performance management system ? Brick CitiStat ? that Mayor Booker cited in his State of the City address. He was paid for his work as a Fellow from outside funding sources.

Lastly he moved to Jersey City to follow his wife's career, who is now the chief of school planning, student enrollment and family support for the Newark School District.

If you have an opportunity as he has been canvasing downtown, please talk with him, let him know your concerns and ask any questions.

Who am I, just a guy that has been fortunate to work with many wonderful people on worthy initiatives in Jersey City over the years, and James' campaign is another one.

Quote:

StevieSizemore wrote:
Can we get back to the point at hand? I'm curious what was Solomon's actual role in Mayor Booker's office and Mayor Menino's office? He shows up in no public databases as an employee, and this would be a huge fabrication of his actual work experience. I see he did some research for the Mayor of Boston while at Harvard, but was that an actual job? Or a graduate research project?

While he has a noble profession in education, I know his wages aren't all that great - so how does he make over $12000 in contributions to the DNC, Hillary Clinton, and all these other Democrats outside of NJ?

If he's misrepresenting his resume, and hoping no one checks him on it, I certainly hope the public that's behind is wiling to hold him accountable.

Posted on: 2017/10/25 11:41

Edited by DanL on 2017/10/25 12:09:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jimbehrle wrote:
I just want to get this straight, Ms. Balcer. You know of crimes being committed and all you're willing to do about it is post on JCList and hope a new city council is elected?

If you see something, say something: 202-324-3000

Throughout my years of activism I have written many letters, some have gotten actions others have not. But here is the point, the city council has the authority to do an investigation that the public does not. Apparently, Michael Yun is pushing this forward in the city council and he needs the support of the public.

Posted on: 2017/10/25 11:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
It's all on his linkedin page. Not sure what the big conspiracy is.

Posted on: 2017/10/25 3:24

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/4 20:13
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Can we get back to the point at hand? I'm curious what was Solomon's actual role in Mayor Booker's office and Mayor Menino's office? He shows up in no public databases as an employee, and this would be a huge fabrication of his actual work experience. I see he did some research for the Mayor of Boston while at Harvard, but was that an actual job? Or a graduate research project?

While he has a noble profession in education, I know his wages aren't all that great - so how does he make over $12000 in contributions to the DNC, Hillary Clinton, and all these other Democrats outside of NJ?

If he's misrepresenting his resume, and hoping no one checks him on it, I certainly hope the public that's behind is wiling to hold him accountable.

Posted on: 2017/10/25 3:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
I just want to get this straight, Ms. Balcer. You know of crimes being committed and all you're willing to do about it is post on JCList and hope a new city council is elected?

If you see something, say something: 202-324-3000

Posted on: 2017/10/24 15:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jimbehrle wrote:
Why don't you call the FBI, Ms. Balcer, I'm sure they're dying to hear from you.

I will leave that work for the next city council that is not associated with Fulop. According to our city charter, the Faulkner Act, they have the right to investigation.

Posted on: 2017/10/24 12:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
Why don't you call the FBI, Ms. Balcer, I'm sure they're dying to hear from you.

Posted on: 2017/10/24 2:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Association, zero, nicky. I did contribute to his campaign because
e I refuse to contribute to someone who wanted to give the EMS contract to Bayonne, endangering our lives. Or allow someone to bring a NYC garbage to Greenville. Or show darkness instead of transparency. Or give out 99 a year lease for one dollar a year. Or sponsor a development in NYc where deep pocket developers are dividing up the city. You cannot get everything in an election.

I forgot the big one - give land - 16 acres to Liberty Science Center for $10 dollars and later give an appraisal. The phony appraisal was for land sold on Union Street which lower the value to $17 million instead of land sold earlier this year - 71/2 acres for $35 million. I believe it is time the feds show up in Jersey City.

Posted on: 2017/10/23 20:34

Edited by Yvonne on 2017/10/23 21:01:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/3 18:37
From DTJC
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Could you name this association? I have been advocating for the small homeowner since the last revaluation, so please tell me the name of this association? When the revaluation happens no one in rent control property will have their rents increase because the city will make sure their properties are stablized. I still remember a six family unit paying $3,000 after the 1988 revaluation while the one family next door paid $10,000. The same will happen again and I will collect the numbers. By the way, when the city sells the tax liens next month, it is not the multi-family building on the list, it is usually the small homeowners who pays higher taxes than the multi-family building. Besides, I still stand behind my comments on Symes. In case you didn't know, the city had a conference in NYC several years ago. Developers and then Bob Cotter was there, selling the city. It would not surprise me if Dixon Advisors was also on the list.

How about we find out what "association" Yvonne has with the Matsikoudis campaign? Given that a disgusting bigot like Yvonne somehow controls a large chunk of the NIMBY vote, how about we find out what quid pro quo she was promised for her unwavering support and cheerleading of this administration, since every single one of his policies is in contradiction to what she claims to believe.

So please enlighten us as to what riches his campaign showered on you for all this support? The public has a right to know.

Posted on: 2017/10/23 16:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCvoter wrote:
Quick question here - your advocacy of Symes wouldn't have anything to do with the large sums of money she and Dixon have bestowed upon the Jersey City Democratic Organization or their association with the Landmark Conservancy, would it?

Paying for people's support appears to be their MO.

Thank you for your concern, but no.

I served on the board of directors for the Jersey City Landmarks Conservancy for approximately 9 years, 2001-2010. I was President from 2005-2008 or so. As a former board member I am on the "Advisory Council" but that has no authority with the group other than the fact that the board members respect our past service.

A few years ago, well after I was off the board, the JCLC gave an award to Dixon for its restoration and rehabilitation work in the historic districts. I had no role in that decision and did not even know who Dixon Advisory was until the awards ceremony. The person who accepted the award gave a funny though lewd thank you speech where he said that normally they go to these ceremonies and are "the big corporate dicks." But that night Colgate was also receiving an award so he was relieved that he could bestow that title on them instead. That's the last time I had any interaction with a representative of Dixon.

As for the JCDO, I am one of hundreds of elected committee members in Jersey City. In Ward E committee members are all over the place. I know several that support James, several that support Nick, and several that support Rebecca.

In my case, I offered to meet with any candidate that wanted to meet with me. I had personal 1 on 1 meetings with Rebecca, Nick, and Madeline. I went to a small house party for James and questioned him as well. I also spoke with different people who were supporting the candidates as well to see why they were doing so. I made my decision to support Rebecca about 3 weeks ago and announced it a week later.

Posted on: 2017/10/23 14:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/12 20:58
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Nice try, Newbie. Are you that desperate?

Posted on: 2017/10/23 11:56

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/12 3:48
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quick question here - your advocacy of Symes wouldn't have anything to do with the large sums of money she and Dixon have bestowed upon the Jersey City Democratic Organization or their association with the Landmark Conservancy, would it?

Paying for people's support appears to be their MO.

Posted on: 2017/10/23 6:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
Yvonne can't point to anything Rebecca has done wrong, so she uses the weasel words "has an association with."

She also "has an association with" groups that advocate for tenants rights.

Could you name this association?

Why yes! Rebecca used to work for Housing Conservation Coordinators.

http://www.hcc-nyc.org/

Her former co-workers at HCC have all supported her campaign. They are not in the habit of supporting people in the pocket of real estate owners!

She also is on the board of trustees on the Waterfront Project.

https://www.thewaterfrontproject.org/

You're welcome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79DijItQXMM

Posted on: 2017/10/23 1:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Could you name this association? I have been advocating for the small homeowner since the last revaluation, so please tell me the name of this association? When the revaluation happens no one in rent control property will have their rents increase because the city will make sure their properties are stablized. I still remember a six family unit paying $3,000 after the 1988 revaluation while the one family next door paid $10,000. The same will happen again and I will collect the numbers. By the way, when the city sells the tax liens next month, it is not the multi-family building on the list, it is usually the small homeowners who pays higher taxes than the multi-family building. Besides, I still stand behind my comments on Symes. In case you didn't know, the city had a conference in NYC several years ago. Developers and then Bob Cotter was there, selling the city. It would not surprise me if Dixon Advisors was also on the list.

?I have been advocating for the small homeowner since the last revaluation??

Isn?t that some form of an oxymoron if you are supporting and voting for Matsikoudis who wants to impose rent control on small homeowners with 4 or less units?

Here is my letter on rent control that was published online in the JJ as well as the print addition recently. Actually, Fulop is pro affordable housing, I have never been pro affordable housing because you are taking the taxes of one group and placing it on another group. I have a history at public meetings of saying I do not believe in affordable housing, unless there is affordable taxes for the small homeowner.
http://www.nj.com/opinion/index.ssf/2 ... _of_lack_of_affordab.html

Posted on: 2017/10/22 23:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

?I have been advocating for the small homeowner since the last revaluation??

Isn?t that some form of an oxymoron if you are supporting and voting for Matsikoudis who wants to impose rent control on small homeowners with 4 or less units?

Posted on: 2017/10/22 20:18

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/10/22 19:17
From The Village
Group:
Registered Users

Yvonne,

Rebecca Symes has worked for this organization:

The Waterfront Project
https://www.thewaterfrontproject.org/

Posted on: 2017/10/22 19:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
Yvonne can't point to anything Rebecca has done wrong, so she uses the weasel words "has an association with."

Posted on: 2017/10/22 13:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/10/22 3:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I thank the Jersey Journal and Terrence McDonald for running this story about the $1.4 million that would have eventually come off the back of taxpayers with refunding bonds. One of the properties listed is Dixon. Symes has an association with Dixon Advisory. http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... sessments_homeowners.html

People wouldn't have so much disdain for you, if you didn't insist on twisting the facts and the truth to fit your narrative and delusions. Out of 480+ properties that stood to benefit from the city's actions, only two dozen were owned by Dixon. That's a whopping 5 percent.

You keep saying Dixon is a real estate developer, but that is also incorrect.

You keep trying to smear Symes by harping about her former employment with Dixon, and insinuating that she is guilty of Dixon's illegal actions and malfeasance. By your twisted logic, we should all consider you a child molester due to your association with the Catholic Church. Get a grip, old woman.

Posted on: 2017/10/22 3:02

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
the article begins Hundreds of Jersey City homeowners received an early Christmas bonus this year. Hundreds Yvonne hundreds.

Posted on: 2017/10/22 2:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I thank the Jersey Journal and Terrence McDonald for running this story about the $1.4 million that would have eventually come off the back of taxpayers with refunding bonds. One of the properties listed is Dixon. Symes has an association with Dixon Advisory. http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... sessments_homeowners.html

Posted on: 2017/10/22 1:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Bit scary how some of the snowflakes take Solomon as such a threat.

King Steve is playing his cards with 2 potentials.

Posted on: 2017/10/22 1:25

« 1 (2) 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017