Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
113 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 113

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Solomon has no resume
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/21 23:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

StevieSizemore wrote:
Solomon also took a contribution from someone who worked for Bain & Co. Not really progressive to be taking money from a firm with controversial conservative business dealings. But that?s just the Solomon way - do as I say, not as I do. Reminds me a lot of a young councilman from Ward E who burnished many of the same credentials. Whatever happened to that guy?

And Rebecca Symes is closely associated with deep pocket developers, why isn't that mentioned? By the way, does that mean you will vote for Bill instead of Steve?

I wonder if you realize that by being so openly and staunchly vocal in your support for Matsikoudis that you will be steering voters away from him. Your reputation is so poor, and you are held in such low disregard, that I imagine many will cast their vote for whatever candidate you are not supporting.

Exactly, there are a few candidates running I wasn't sure about about since I didn't have all their info. but thankfully the bigot/liar/hypocrites here helped me make my decision.

Posted on: 2017/10/22 0:32

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/4 20:13
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Show me actual proof of a developer giving her money? It?s really unfair that she?s chastised for working in the private sector or the real estate industry. Would you hold someone?s career in finance (Fulop) against them? Or would you hold Hudnut?s career as a public defender representing people accused of crimes?
They at least have careers...

Posted on: 2017/10/22 0:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/3 18:37
From DTJC
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
You have the mistaken opinion that the majority of people think the same way as people on this blog does, they don't. But returning to the subject, Symes has an association with deep pocket developers. Look how this administration tried to reduce the taxes for Dixon for their various properties. JC would have lost millions if that scandal was not uncover.

Given that Fulop won a resounding victory and that all available data suggests that he's going to romp to victory and that NJ is likely to have a new dem governor with perhaps even supermajorities in both houses, I'd say they do. Not everyone is a senile racist and associates with the same disgusting people you do.

And please do be more vocal about who you're supporting, given that they'll automatically be the most corrupt, incompetent candidates much like yourself so we all know who not to vote for.

Posted on: 2017/10/21 21:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

StevieSizemore wrote:
Solomon also took a contribution from someone who worked for Bain & Co. Not really progressive to be taking money from a firm with controversial conservative business dealings. But that?s just the Solomon way - do as I say, not as I do. Reminds me a lot of a young councilman from Ward E who burnished many of the same credentials. Whatever happened to that guy?

Look at the Linkedin endorsements... someone with Bain Connection endorsed Solomon. In keeping with the left wing double standard, especially in Boston, a Bain connection only hurts you if you are a Republican running for President like Mitt Romney.

The former MA Governor "Small" Deval Patrick was working for Bain after leaving office. He is just validating his progressive pedigree attending Pomona, Harvard Kennedy School and "bumping" for Marty Walsh at Government Center in Scollay Square.

Until Solomon gets a commission with the Ancient and Honorables, he has a long way to go matching the honorable qualifications of the former Ward E Councilman.

Posted on: 2017/10/21 21:15

Edited by TheBigGuy on 2017/10/21 21:45:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

StevieSizemore wrote:

And Rebecca Symes is closely associated with deep pocket developers, why isn't that mentioned? By the way, does that mean you will vote for Bill instead of Steve?

I wonder if you realize that by being so openly and staunchly vocal in your support for Matsikoudis that you will be steering voters away from him. Your reputation is so poor, and you are held in such low disregard, that I imagine many will cast their vote for whatever candidate you are not supporting.

You have the mistaken opinion that the majority of people think the same way as people on this blog does, they don't. But returning to the subject, Symes has an association with deep pocket developers. Look how this administration tried to reduce the taxes for Dixon for their various properties. JC would have lost millions if that scandal was not uncover.

Posted on: 2017/10/21 20:46

Edited by Yvonne on 2017/10/21 21:04:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

StevieSizemore wrote:

Posted on: 2017/10/21 19:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

StevieSizemore wrote:

Posted on: 2017/10/21 19:22

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/4 20:13
From JC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/10/21 18:45

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/4 20:10
From NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Solomon is self-funded, entitled rich kid who forgets he?s running for city council, not congress. Symes is a great candidate, with a professional background. Hudnut saw a political opportunity to run against the mayor. Just my two cents.

Posted on: 2017/10/21 18:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:

...I met with 4 of the candidates, and ultimately decided that Rebecca was the best qualified. I have decried the attacks against her, and have decried the attacks on James...

So - do you have a guess which candidate is behind these attacks?

Posted on: 2017/10/21 17:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
As I've said before Yvonne, I do not care how many council meetings or other meetings you attend if you don't listen. You don't bother to listen or read what people write.

Preach brother!

Posted on: 2017/10/21 3:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
This thread is some amateur hour shit

Posted on: 2017/10/21 3:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Huh? I have said many times before, I consider James a friend. I worked with him on drafting and supporting open data legislation. I think he's a good candidate. On this very thread I have objected to the baseless attacks against him.

I met with 4 of the candidates, and ultimately decided that Rebecca was the best qualified. I have decried the attacks against her, and have decried the attacks on James even though I have endorsed someone else.

As I've said before Yvonne, I do not care how many council meetings or other meetings you attend if you don't listen. You don't bother to listen or read what people write.

Posted on: 2017/10/20 22:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I don't know what zombies has to do with this, but I do know you fear James Solomon, Joshua. So his worth just shot up.

Posted on: 2017/10/20 21:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
I believe they all did.

As an attorney you have to go through a background and character check. So that covers Rebecca, Jacob, and Madeline.

There are also licensing requirements for funeral directors. I don't know how extensive the background check is but whatever it is Nick passed it.

So I think we are safe. Still worried about the Zombies, though....

Posted on: 2017/10/20 21:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
James Solomon and Jake Hudnut spoke about the revaluation in details compared to the other candidates. I believe, James Solomon, might be considered a serious threat for anyone to post this nonsense. Any teacher today must have a background check done, it is part of the routine. So what other Ward E council candidate had a background check?

Posted on: 2017/10/20 21:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
TFA has become a controversial organization. I know lots of long time teachers are concerned about them being used to depress wages and replace long term teachers with kids who leave after a year or two and replaced with another new kid. And it's founders, rather than focusing on service, have involved themselves in the debate over "education reform."

I think these criticisms are valid, but I wouldn't necessarily hold it against every graduate who joined. I know some who stuck around and made teaching a profession. Others did not but it was a way for them to gain perspective and try to help.

(In a way, a lot of people signed up for the same reasons others go to law school. They don't really know what they want to do but think this may be interesting and fulfilling. And for TFA you don't have to take out oodles of loans. And you have the added benefit of not being a lawyer.....)

Short of it. The criticisms of TFA are legitimate. I don't think that means James or the others who went through it should bear the brunt of that criticism.

Posted on: 2017/10/20 21:07

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/8 22:31
Group:
Registered Users
I was very surprised to read that Solomon worked for Teach for America. An organization whose receives major funding from The Walton Foundation. Working for a Walmart funded organization that's platform includes replacing experienced and union teachers doesn't sound very progressive to me.

I also find his resume very thin when it comes to Jersey City.

Posted on: 2017/10/20 20:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
James may have some savings or family wealth that allow him to do things like teach adjunct and take time to run for the campaign. That shouldn't be held against him.

On the one hand we have people complaining that one candidate is disqualified because of the job they took to make a living. On the other hand we have people complaining that someone doesn't have a "real job" or "real resume" but has some money set aside.

Next thing we know people will be complaining that Nick Grillo has an unfair advantage because of the Zombie Army that he can raise. (Undertakers can do that, right?)

None of these are issues in my book.

Posted on: 2017/10/20 16:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/18 14:36
Group:
Registered Users
His CV is on Linked In

https://www.linkedin.com/in/james-solomon-0531aa37/

I don't know this candidate at all. So I have no opinion of him at this juncture.

But he does have a resume that he has posted publicly.

Posted on: 2017/10/20 15:00

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Solomon " I will not take money from real state developers"

Wall Street $ is fine though.

Posted on: 2017/10/20 14:59

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/3 4:45
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
It?s not a pile-on, it?s a legitimate question. How is it fair to attack one candidate?s professional background, and then have no answers for his own? Solomon loaned himself $25k according to press reports, and has all his money raised from outside Jersey City. he appears to have his own wealth (which is fine), but why can?t we ask a a simple question about how he earns his money?

Seems like an unfair bias to me.

Posted on: 2017/10/20 14:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
I am supporting Rebecca Symes, but I won't participate in piling on James with unfounded allegations. I don't know the specifics of his resume but yes he has worked in the office of former Boston Mayor Thomas Menino. I worked on drafting an Open Data ordinance for Jersey City and James was with me at meetings with Candice Osborne and city attorneys. He was a highly visible and high level volunteer with the Clinton campaign last year. He is teaching some classes now.

I can't speak for how he has earned every penny or if there are any "gaps" in time when he didn't have a position somewhere, but that doesn't matter. There is absolutely no basis to say James has inflated or misstated his resume.

As for the Oakman, I have spoken with James about it. He agrees that Charles Oakley is in fact worthy of a tax break.

Posted on: 2017/10/20 13:58

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I?ve looked up Solomon in federal and NJ state employee databases. Past and present. I can only find that that he?s at Hudson County College, but never worked for Booker. Is he lying about his resume? What gives?

Posted on: 2017/10/20 13:52

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I am tired of James Solomon hypocrisy. I questioned a facebook posting of his and it was removed it. So much for openness and censorship.
Never thought I'd be defending Rebecca Symes but Solomon claimed that Symes and her then employer, Dixon Leasing, tried to cut Dixons taxes. This an example of Solomon posting partial truths. The city stopped
reassessing properties after they had been renovated. This benefited hundreds of Jersey City homeowners.
Regarding Solomons resume ..in Jersey City he has campaigned has been based on picking on easy targets...Trump,
Kushner and of course real estate developers and abatements.
Lets look at the abatement that The Oakman received...Solomons favorite target. The Oakman was to be built as a rental building..banks and lenders would not lend the developer the money needed to built unless in was a rental.The city/ administration initiated talks and granted an abatement for the building in return the city received over 1 million dollars,14 affordable housing units and over $250k toward the affordable housing trust fund. In addition the city gets approximately four times a year more in revenue by the building having individual condo owners than if it was a rental. Over a million dollars a year more!I find Solomons low hanging fruit campaign to be divisive, If your elected I hope you will work on bringing people together
instead of relying on base emotions and playing to peoples fears.

Phil Rivo

Posted on: 2017/10/20 13:39

Solomon has no resume

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Every candidate in ward E has laid out their professional resume, however Solomon doesn?t provide many details other than he worked for Cory Booker and the Mayor of Boston. How long was he there? Was he in a drector?s position or some sort of leadership role?

He?s an adjunct professor now, but I?m concerned he has no actual real world experience.

Posted on: 2017/10/20 12:55

« 1 2 (3)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017