Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 105

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: Top Fulop allies on tape trying to steer city bid, court depositions say
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 3:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
HeightsNative is... suspect.

Posted on: 2017/10/16 20:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/1/3 19:14
From Chilltown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:

Someone on nj.com alluded to the fact that you may be a relative of Healy or Matsikoudis. From all of your posts it sounds like that may just be the case. Also you obviously don?t own property in JC and if you did at one time you must ?haveleft? otherwise you too would be posting ?obsessive rants FOR Steve? after our 9 years of Healy/ Matsikoudis uselessness.

I don't how else to get this through to you, man. I voted for Fulop, and I believed in him because of his campaign and because of his work as a councilman. He's a sad shell of the promising Councilman he once was. And again, I am not voting for, nor do I have any relation whatsoever with Healy, Bill, or any campaigns. I think the Ward elections are more important here, because Bill doesn't stand much of a chance. I'm not sure why you keep defaulting to this as your response.

Quote:

Are you a big of a douche bag in real life as you are on nj.com and now JCList?

Probably?

Posted on: 2017/10/16 19:47

Edited by HeightsNative on 2017/10/16 20:02:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/10 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
Akil Mo left city employment and Sully (don't miss the irony in that nickname) lost his jersey city democratic organization chair position after 1 term. Surely both of those disciplinary actions were administered by the same individual who put these two individuals in power. Would you like to venture a guess whom that is?

F _ _ _ _

Would you like to buy a vowel? Or solve the puzzle? Or continue to SPIN the wheel of misfortune?

Posted on: 2017/10/16 19:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsNative wrote:
No doubt I'm new to this site. I noticed a poster here (neverleft), who frequently posts spin material/obsessive rants for Steve on nj.com (as Sound Machine), and was heavily posting misinformation here, so I got caught up in this thread. Make no mistake, I have no affiliation with any campaign or civic group, etc., and think we're screwed either way.

Are you a big of a douche bag in real life as you are on nj.com and now JCList? Why do you feel the need to follow posters around to different sites? It is creepy and sick. Many people here have id?s on nj.com under different names are you going to track them down also? ( #creepystorker) So I have been ?heavily posting misinformation? here since I signed up in 2009? Pretty good but didn't Mayor Fulop first run for Mayor in 2013? I love this site it used to be all DT people the below 78 crowd but it seems to have changed and people from all over JC use it. (I even learned to like GrovePath) I like to throw in some JC old-timer history now and then in my posts. Am I changing the history of JC with my misinformation?

Someone on nj.com alluded to the fact that you may be a relative of Healy or Matsikoudis. From all of your posts it sounds like that may just be the case. Also you obviously don?t own property in JC and if you did at one time you must ?haveleft? otherwise you too would be posting ?obsessive rants FOR Steve? after our 9 years of Healy/ Matsikoudis uselessness.

PS ? why do you feel the need to be so sexually vulgar on nj.com? Are you in high school or are you frustrated? OK D-bag might be considered juvenile but I have been using it all of my life IN JERSEY CITY. Why do you think my user id is neverleft? duh? Gee are you a really a heights native?

Posted on: 2017/10/16 19:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
I suggest you watch the debate at the Loews, this question did come up.

Posted on: 2017/10/16 17:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HCResident wrote:

Wait, how do you know the mayor didn't reprimand them? Where you there? Because it wasn't a public shaming, it didn't happen?

It didn't happen, and the mayor had a chance at the last debate to let us know (which we have a right to know) if he reprimanded those involved. Instead, he chose to deflect big time; he focused on the big HC dragnet from the previous administration, which had no bearing on this instance (although deplorable).

Quote:

As for the tape, I wouldn't release it either. It's out of context. It's only showing a small portion of the entire situation - and just the negative portion at that.

But again, the outcome was that the right thing was done in the end. And it was done so before any of this became public knowledge.

So, you're essentially saying you're ok with corruption, as long as the right thing was done after people were caught? But, that those who were caught shouldn't be reprimanded because they eventually did the right thing and didn't get the chance to follow through? Solid way of holding your public officials accountable. Councilman Fulop would strongly disagree with your assessment on this.

Quote:
So taking conjecture out of the equation, because none of us are privy to all the facts and all we have to go on we're the outcomes, what is the scandal when it comes to the mayor? I don't see it.

Ummmm...yeah, that's why we're asking to release the tape and any other information available, so we can make that determination with all available information. What part of this are you incapable of understanding? You're essentially saying "get over it because we don't know enough, but you shouldn't be allowed access to more information to make that determination." Circular logic much?

Quote:
What I do see, however, is someone with roughly 14 posts in total coming on to a site, that is years old, at election time, and posting about a scandal, all the while leaving out pertinent information. Hmmmmm.

No doubt I'm new to this site. I noticed a poster here (neverleft), who frequently posts spin material/obsessive rants for Steve on nj.com (as Sound Machine), and was heavily posting misinformation here, so I got caught up in this thread. Make no mistake, I have no affiliation with any campaign or civic group, etc., and think we're screwed either way.

I also respect your view against political grandstanding, I truly do because it's annoying. It doesn't mean Steve shouldn't be transparent per his campaign pledge. If there's nothing bad on the tapes (which I actually believe), just release them and explain. Hold a press conference. That's the right thing to do.

Posted on: 2017/10/16 17:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/12 21:59
From Harsuimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
The scandal is that the mayor knew of such illicit behavior and didn't even reprimand those involved. Quite frankly, those involved shouldn't have retained their jobs so high up in the administration. At the very minimum, it shows the mayor's indifference to the very corruption he purports to be against, and at worst, it shows gross negligence.

And again, if there's nothing to hide...release the damn tapes.

Here's my prediction: there's nothing of substance on the tapes. Steve will release right before the election and say "see? All political posturing" which, of course, is itself political posturing.

Someone said it before, councilman Fulop would have been ALL OVER this behavior. Mayor Fulop? Well, meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Wait, how do you know the mayor didn't reprimand them? Where you there? Because it wasn't a public shaming, it didn't happen?

Neither of us know for sure, but you certainly seem to present it as if you do.

As for the tape, I wouldn't release it either. It's out of context. It's only showing a small portion of the entire situation - and just the negative portion at that.

But again, the outcome was that the right thing was done in the end. And it was done so before any of this became public knowledge.

So taking conjecture out of the equation, because none of us are privy to all the facts and all we have to go on we're the outcomes, what is the scandal when it comes to the mayor? I don't see it.

What I do see, however, is someone with roughly 14 posts in total coming on to a site, that is years old, at election time, and posting about a scandal, all the while leaving out pertinent information. Hmmmmm.

Posted on: 2017/10/16 14:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HCResident wrote:
I'll admit, I haven't paid a whole lot of attention to this story. Beyond what's been written in this thread, I haven't read a whole lot about it. From what's been posted here, I will admit it sounded fishy on the part of the administration.

But then today, I read an article about this situation in the Hudson Reporter. And lo and behold, I find the people here, raising all the stink, have left out some very important details.

It's funny how no one has mentioned that the administration recognized that the bidding had been compromised, and cancelled the bid. That means that they did the right thing. So where is the scandal? How does this tarnish the mayor, or his administration?

And the defense can't just be resorting to calling me a shill for the mayor. I don't work for the city. I don't work for the campaign. I've given no donations to the mayor, or any candidates in JC.

I know Steve, but our relationship would be described, at best, as aquaintences who met through a neighborhood association nearly a decade ago. I'm relatively close to one council person, but she isn't even running again. My point is, beyond being a ordinary citizen who votes, I don't have a dog in this fight.

But I know hyperbole when I see it. So unless someone can explain to me what I'm missing, this seems to be nothing but political gamesmanship.

The scandal is that the mayor knew of such illicit behavior and didn't even reprimand those involved. Quite frankly, those involved shouldn't have retained their jobs so high up in the administration. At the very minimum, it shows the mayor's indifference to the very corruption he purports to be against, and at worst, it shows gross negligence.

And again, if there's nothing to hide...release the damn tapes.

Here's my prediction: there's nothing of substance on the tapes. Steve will release right before the election and say "see? All political posturing" which, of course, is itself political posturing.

Someone said it before, councilman Fulop would have been ALL OVER this behavior. Mayor Fulop? Well, meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Posted on: 2017/10/16 13:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/12 21:59
From Harsuimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
I'll admit, I haven't paid a whole lot of attention to this story. Beyond what's been written in this thread, I haven't read a whole lot about it. From what's been posted here, I will admit it sounded fishy on the part of the administration.

But then today, I read an article about this situation in the Hudson Reporter. And lo and behold, I find the people here, raising all the stink, have left out some very important details.

It's funny how no one has mentioned that the administration recognized that the bidding had been compromised, and cancelled the bid. That means that they did the right thing. So where is the scandal? How does this tarnish the mayor, or his administration?

And the defense can't just be resorting to calling me a shill for the mayor. I don't work for the city. I don't work for the campaign. I've given no donations to the mayor, or any candidates in JC.

I know Steve, but our relationship would be described, at best, as aquaintences who met through a neighborhood association nearly a decade ago. I'm relatively close to one council person, but she isn't even running again. My point is, beyond being a ordinary citizen who votes, I don't have a dog in this fight.

But I know hyperbole when I see it. So unless someone can explain to me what I'm missing, this seems to be nothing but political gamesmanship.

Posted on: 2017/10/16 3:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
Quote:

JCGuys wrote: Candidate Fulop and Mayor Fulop have been very different people.

Sadly, that's true. However, it's less an indictment of Steve than it is of our system. You can say the same thing about Obama, Christie, W, winners of middle school student council elections... it's not all outright deceit - a lot of it can be chalked up to naivete that goes with not having done the job you are campaigning for.

That said - I hear the message: Release the tapes. Transparency. Makes sense - transparency is almost always the right answer - but....

As a sentient being, I ask myself - why is this happening now? I think: Dominick Pandolfo is involved - close friend of Bill Matsikoudis, Healy's one-time chief of staff. Huh. Pandolofo has the tape, which means Matsikoudis has the tape, which means that some good number of the people pounding the table for "transparency" have also heard the tape. This is the same group that went running around last election trying to peddle the Bob Lehrer story to anyone who would listen - ultimately, they couldn't get traction because there just wasn't much to the story.

So - here's what I'll bet you, HeightsNative: you've heard the tape. Matsikoudis has heard the tape. CivicJC has heard the tape. The reason you are pounding the table for "transparency" is because, a) you know Fulop won't release it because - why negotiate with terrorists?, and b) there's nothing of substance that is damning on the tape.

You'll try to make political hay out of this for another couple of weeks, the story will fade and then - somewhere in the week before the election, the tape will "get out" - probably heavily edited in a way that leaves a question as to what may or may not have been said.

My two cents.

Good insights but you're wrong. I haven't heard the tapes. And I'll even bet there's nothing crazy bad on them. So why hide it? Again even if nothing is on them, it's evidence of Fulop lying through his teeth about transparency. You have the NAACP calling him out in an editorial too. What's he hiding?

Posted on: 2017/10/15 0:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

BarbaraCamacho wrote:
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
"Career civil service employees"?

Really now.

Hi Joshua,

Career civil service employee seemed like an accurate way to describe individuals who have worked for the City of Jersey City since 1985 & 1996 respectively.

How would you describe someone who has worked for an institution/organization for a significant period of their lives (over 18 years)?

If they were the Chief of Staff to the former Mayor and a regular political appointee to various high level positions?

I would describe him as that "Chief of Staff to the former Mayor and his political appointee to various high level positions."

Posted on: 2017/10/14 23:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCGuys wrote: Candidate Fulop and Mayor Fulop have been very different people.

Sadly, that's true. However, it's less an indictment of Steve than it is of our system. You can say the same thing about Obama, Christie, W, winners of middle school student council elections... it's not all outright deceit - a lot of it can be chalked up to naivete that goes with not having done the job you are campaigning for.

That said - I hear the message: Release the tapes. Transparency. Makes sense - transparency is almost always the right answer - but....

As a sentient being, I ask myself - why is this happening now? I think: Dominick Pandolfo is involved - close friend of Bill Matsikoudis, Healy's one-time chief of staff. Huh. Pandolofo has the tape, which means Matsikoudis has the tape, which means that some good number of the people pounding the table for "transparency" have also heard the tape. This is the same group that went running around last election trying to peddle the Bob Lehrer story to anyone who would listen - ultimately, they couldn't get traction because there just wasn't much to the story.

So - here's what I'll bet you, HeightsNative: you've heard the tape. Matsikoudis has heard the tape. CivicJC has heard the tape. The reason you are pounding the table for "transparency" is because, a) you know Fulop won't release it because - why negotiate with terrorists?, and b) there's nothing of substance that is damning on the tape.

You'll try to make political hay out of this for another couple of weeks, the story will fade and then - somewhere in the week before the election, the tape will "get out" - probably heavily edited in a way that leaves a question as to what may or may not have been said.

My two cents.

Posted on: 2017/10/13 21:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsNative wrote:
I honestly hope the tapes come out and nothing meaningful is on them. But I do want to know what's on them, and we all have the right to know. Especially when it involves a mayor WHO RAN on a platform of increased transparency. He's does nothing but obfuscate for 4 years, whether it's his calendar, OPRA requests etc.

Candidate Fulop and Mayor Fulop have been very different people. I think there is much more to the story, so I would not be in support of thr voicemail being released without the other facts surrounding this situation being investigated and reported on.

Posted on: 2017/10/13 16:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsNative wrote:
JC guy, I'm not being sarcastic when I say this, but I think you missed a word in your last reply. It didn't make sense.

I probably did. I'm still typing all this on my phone. But I'm sure you get the jist.

Posted on: 2017/10/13 16:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown
Group:
Registered Users
JC guy, I'm not being sarcastic when I say this, but I think you missed a word in your last reply. It didn't make sense.

I honestly hope the tapes come out and nothing meaningful is on them. But I do want to know what's on them, and we all have the right to know. Especially when it involves a mayor WHO RAN on a platform of increased transparency. He's does nothing but obfuscate for 4 years, whether it's his calendar, OPRA requests etc.

Posted on: 2017/10/13 16:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsNative wrote:
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
Quote:

HeightsNative wrote:
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
CivicJC is grandstanding and playing politics. They should instead write to the state's attorney general asking them to investigate if any laws were broken.

IF Jersey City is still super currupt, hired goons would be cracking some heads. Lobbying council would be the lease of their problems.

So it's grandstanding to demand transparency from elected officials? Are you really this stupid? Or just a plant from the administration? Either way, your poorly written post (lease of their problems? is exactly why these corrupt schmucks get away with this garbage. Then, in the next breathe you all complain it's corrupt and nothing changes. Get your heads out of your rear ends already.

If there is nothing to hide - release the tapes. Steve will delay this until after the election. And you morons will suck it up as per usual.

Man, you really need to go het laid and get some of the edge off. We have a bunch of internet sleuths demanding to listen to a voicemail. I want an actually investigation by the state attorney general office, and prosecution if any wrongdoing is found. This demand and petition by CivicJC to try to be relevant or a political operative's plan to damage Fulop right next to an election.

I type the majority of my posts on my smart phone. I have constant typing erros since the keys are so small and do to autocorrect. Get a life.

My personal feeling is something improper has happened here. So I hope the proper officials take up this issue, and after a thorough investigstion, release the findings to the public. But you lame ass political operatives think sending letters to city council anf attacking people on message boards will somehow change people's minds about Fulop or win elections. Whoever is funding this should ask for a refund.

But by all means, keep attacking me and you internet sleuths, go ahead with root out corruption by listening to a voicemail without any other facts surrounding the siruation. It's amature hour.

You're a joke. Rather than demand these things from a state authority, and write those officials, you come here and attack those who at least have the nerve to start the process.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with any campaign. I voted for Steve last time, and regret every second of it. I fell for thasleep frauds slick advertising.

Don't kid yourself; there is gross mismanagement and corruption going on and thank you to those who actually take action. Even if it's politically motivated, so what? What isn't?

The point is, steve is right. Something does reek, and the smell originates from City Hall. And again, if there is nothing to hide - release the tapes. It's the one point you sycophants just can't refute.

Hmm... why indeed reach out to a state agency endowed with authority to investigate and prosecute curruption? Could it be that it's the only way to influence change and root out the local curruption. If I'm not mistaken, Fulop allies occupy a majority on council. The city isn't going to fix itself, especially if it's another local political campaign funding all this...

You claim you want change, but it's still support the same old games and tactics in Hudson County.

Posted on: 2017/10/13 16:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
Quote:

HeightsNative wrote:
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
CivicJC is grandstanding and playing politics. They should instead write to the state's attorney general asking them to investigate if any laws were broken.

IF Jersey City is still super currupt, hired goons would be cracking some heads. Lobbying council would be the lease of their problems.

So it's grandstanding to demand transparency from elected officials? Are you really this stupid? Or just a plant from the administration? Either way, your poorly written post (lease of their problems? is exactly why these corrupt schmucks get away with this garbage. Then, in the next breathe you all complain it's corrupt and nothing changes. Get your heads out of your rear ends already.

If there is nothing to hide - release the tapes. Steve will delay this until after the election. And you morons will suck it up as per usual.

Man, you really need to go het laid and get some of the edge off. We have a bunch of internet sleuths demanding to listen to a voicemail. I want an actually investigation by the state attorney general office, and prosecution if any wrongdoing is found. This demand and petition by CivicJC to try to be relevant or a political operative's plan to damage Fulop right next to an election.

I type the majority of my posts on my smart phone. I have constant typing erros since the keys are so small and do to autocorrect. Get a life.

My personal feeling is something improper has happened here. So I hope the proper officials take up this issue, and after a thorough investigstion, release the findings to the public. But you lame ass political operatives think sending letters to city council anf attacking people on message boards will somehow change people's minds about Fulop or win elections. Whoever is funding this should ask for a refund.

But by all means, keep attacking me and you internet sleuths, go ahead with root out corruption by listening to a voicemail without any other facts surrounding the siruation. It's amature hour.

You're a joke. Rather than demand these things from a state authority, and write those officials, you come here and attack those who at least have the nerve to start the process.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with any campaign. I voted for Steve last time, and regret every second of it. I fell for thasleep frauds slick advertising.

Don't kid yourself; there is gross mismanagement and corruption going on and thank you to those who actually take action. Even if it's politically motivated, so what? What isn't?

The point is, steve is right. Something does reek, and the smell originates from City Hall. And again, if there is nothing to hide - release the tapes. It's the one point you sycophants just can't refute.

Posted on: 2017/10/13 16:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsNative wrote:
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:

Posted on: 2017/10/13 15:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/10 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
300 petitions is NOT statistically significant, because it is most definitely not from a random sample. It is also not a mandate much like the same for obtaining 1,000+ petitions to get a mayoral candidate on the ballot who will eventually lose to another candidate in a binary vote.

In this specific case, the City did the right thing and immediately pulled the bid and did so prior to it becoming public knowledge. Folks will counter that there was no discipline of employees. However, these employees were eventually disciplined in the political sense much like pursuing such a petition, to the Mayor's point reeks of political motivation.

Posted on: 2017/10/13 14:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Jersey City Council weighs in on possibility of releasing alleged bid rigging tape

Posted on: 2017/10/13 4:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Jersey City group demands release of voicemail at center of lawsuit

JERSEY CITY -- Local good government group Civic JC is calling for the release of a voicemail two city officials have said includes former aides to Mayor Steve Fulop discussing an attempt to steer a city contract to a favored company.

Barbara Camacho, the acting president of the group, told the City Council last night that releasing the voicemail, which the city has refused to hand over to an attorney seeking a copy of it, would "ensure the transparency and accountability" Fulop promised when he was elected four years ago.

"Government works best when its activities are well known to the public it serves," Camacho said.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ease_of_voicemail_at.html

Posted on: 2017/10/13 4:34

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/10/20 21:27
From South Side JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
The request by Barbara Camacho before the city council.

Is that the same Barbara Camacho (a friend of Matsikoudis) who tried to stop the election move? Hmmm

11/20/15 JJ: ?In addition to Camacho, the committee includes Rampaul Guyadeen, 55; April Kuzas, 36, a business consultant and local political player; Joan Terrell, an ex-council aide; and former Councilwoman Viola Richardson, a frequent Fulop foe when they sat on the council together. It is led by Bill Matsikoudis, a longtime Fulop rival who lost his job as corporation counsel when Fulop unseated Jerramiah Healy in 2013.?

Yes, I am one and the same. I would have opposed any Mayor seeking to move the election. I?m also the same Barbara Camacho that supported Mayor Fulop in his mayoral bid in 2013. (I actually had one of those big signs up in my house.) Still, it?s a cute attempt to present me as a Matsikoudis supporter. Neat trick to bold ?friend,? ?foe? ?it is led by? and ?rival.? I take it subtly is not your strongest suit. The truth is I?m unwilling to negotiate away Transparency/Accountability because I voted for someone. Are you?

Posted on: 2017/10/13 1:33

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/10/20 21:27
From South Side JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:

Really now.

Hi Joshua,

Career civil service employee seemed like an accurate way to describe individuals who have worked for the City of Jersey City since 1985 & 1996 respectively.

How would you describe someone who has worked for an institution/organization for a significant period of their lives (over 18 years)?

Posted on: 2017/10/13 1:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users

Really now.

Posted on: 2017/10/12 19:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JSleeze wrote:
So here's the funny part, Ms. Congeniality - I never said one way or the other how I feel about the topic. You also don't know whether I've signed the petition or not. I'll go back to what I said earlier:

"Knowing how to motivate people instead of preaching to them from a position of assumed moral superiority is the key."

Name calling doesn't help, either.

So then instead of being Mr. Mysterious and playing this stupid game, answer this very straightforward question: Did you sign the petition and do you feel the public should hear the tapes?

Posted on: 2017/10/12 18:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/26 20:07
Group:
Registered Users
So here's the funny part, Ms. Congeniality - I never said one way or the other how I feel about the topic. You also don't know whether I've signed the petition or not. I'll go back to what I said earlier:

"Knowing how to motivate people instead of preaching to them from a position of assumed moral superiority is the key."

Name calling doesn't help, either.

Posted on: 2017/10/12 18:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JSleeze wrote:
Quote:

HeightsNative wrote:

By the way, if you knew anything about statistics, a sample size of roughly 400 is adequate on a population of 250k with a confidence level of 95%. 300+ is pretty good to me.

Either way, did you sign the petition? if not, you should just STFU then.

And if you knew anything about how statistics are used, you never would have said that. Sample size applies to polling. You aren't taking a poll - you are collecting signatures. Is your poll that you asked 270,000 people if they would sign your self-serving petition and only 300 did?

I like your approach to building consensus though - very inclusive: Sign our petition or eff you! That might have at least something to do with why 269,700 people haven't signed...

You can argue that a petition is a poll. You're asking people if they think this is serious enough to warrant release. If yes, sign the petition. If not, keep on moving along. The point is, 300 signatures is a large enough segment of the population to demand he release the tapes. Because, again, if there's nothing wrong, what are they hiding?

But no, you just keep on fighting those who fight for more transparency...because that's how you stop corruption? If you're not signing the petition, you're endorsing governmental obfuscation, and that makes you just as bad. You're also furthering the apathy you just complained about. The other 269,700 haven't signed because they have no idea what's going on, and are more concerned about what new bar is going up, or bike lanes, or some nonsense. Also, because signer #301 (YOU) is too busy being a JC List Hero to actually do something about and tell others.

I swear, it's like you all compete for who can be the most stupid. And you all wonder why such gross mismanagement from government is allowed to exist. Hint: it's because of people like YOU.

Posted on: 2017/10/12 18:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsNative wrote:

By the way, if you knew anything about statistics, a sample size of roughly 400 is adequate on a population of 250k with a confidence level of 95%. 300+ is pretty good to me.

And if you knew anything about how statistics are used, you never would have said that. Sample size applies to polling. You aren't taking a poll - you are collecting signatures. Is your poll that you asked 270,000 people if they would sign your self-serving petition and only 300 did?

I like your approach to building consensus though - very inclusive: Sign our petition or eff you! That might have at least something to do with why 269,700 people haven't signed...

Posted on: 2017/10/12 18:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JSleeze wrote:
Quote:

HeightsNative wrote:

Because again, you're more concerned with watering your lawn while your house is on fire. And you all complain of corruption, but stand by idly when tasks with fighting.

Morons. Complete morons. The lot of you.

Breathe. Exhale. Go to your happy place. My only point was saying "300 signatures" isn't really saying much.

As is often the case with Civic JC and the like - there's a lot of noise but not much effective action. Knowing how to motivate people instead of preaching to them from a position of assumed moral superiority is the key. How to motivate people around here is the million dollar question, though.... Apathy rules here.

Correct, apathy rules here. Saying "300 signatures really isn't saying much" is how you contribute to said apathy rather than actually do your part in fighting the corruption.

Posted on: 2017/10/12 17:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsNative wrote:

Because again, you're more concerned with watering your lawn while your house is on fire. And you all complain of corruption, but stand by idly when tasks with fighting.

Morons. Complete morons. The lot of you.

Breathe. Exhale. Go to your happy place. My only point was saying "300 signatures" isn't really saying much.

As is often the case with Civic JC and the like - there's a lot of noise but not much effective action. Knowing how to motivate people instead of preaching to them from a position of assumed moral superiority is the key. How to motivate people around here is the million dollar question, though.... Apathy rules here.

Posted on: 2017/10/12 17:10

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017