Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
131 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 131

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 »

Re: Top Fulop allies on tape trying to steer city bid, court depositions say
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Stringer wrote:

$300K settlement on tap to end lawsuit targeting Jersey City

JERSEY CITY ? Jersey City plans to shell out $300,000 to settle a lawsuit that revealed some ugly allegations about Mayor Steve Fulop's administration in advance of last year's mayoral race.

The lawsuit, filed in 2015 by city worker Dan Wrieden, led to the disclosure of an old voicemail between two former top city officials that Fulop critics allege revealed a 2014 effort to steer a contract to a favored bidder. Fulop has said he knew nothing of that effort and halted the bid when he found out.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... lawsuit_targeting_je.html

Our tax dollars at work

Posted on: 2018/2/27 23:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

$300K settlement on tap to end lawsuit targeting Jersey City

JERSEY CITY — Jersey City plans to shell out $300,000 to settle a lawsuit that revealed some ugly allegations about Mayor Steve Fulop's administration in advance of last year's mayoral race.

The lawsuit, filed in 2015 by city worker Dan Wrieden, led to the disclosure of an old voicemail between two former top city officials that Fulop critics allege revealed a 2014 effort to steer a contract to a favored bidder. Fulop has said he knew nothing of that effort and halted the bid when he found out.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... lawsuit_targeting_je.html

Posted on: 2018/2/27 22:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Jersey City deputy mayor set to replace director involved in ‘bid rig’ tape lawsuit

Posted on: 2017/12/10 2:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Ex-city aide caught on controversial voicemail resigns from ed reform group

NEWARK -- The former Jersey City aide featured in a controversial recording at the center of contract-steering allegations has resigned from his current position leading an education reform group in Newark.

Muhammed Akil stepped down from the Parent Coalition for Excellent Education (PC2E) Friday to "pursue other professional opportunities," according to a press release sent by PC2E. 

http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/201 ... troversial_voicemail.html

Posted on: 2017/11/11 2:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Jersey City director favored developer friends, ex-workers say

A group of former and current city workers made stunning allegations about Jersey City Housing, Economic Development and Commerce Director Anthony Cruz during depositions taken in recent months as part of a harassment case against Cruz.

The former chief city planner said Cruz was so unqualified, the planner wanted his entire division moved to a different department so Cruz would not be in charge.

Two other planners said Cruz asked for projects to be sped through the approval process because he was friends with the developers. Cruz's deputy director said Cruz told him he runs "everything" by political operative Tom Bertoli.

http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... y_director_favored_d.html

Posted on: 2017/11/2 23:55

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/12 3:48
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Ralph_Abutts wrote:
> Attempted crimes are still criminal.

It's not criminal. The person you are quoting has no authority to award the bid. Additionally, their bid was pulled *before* any bid was [to be] awarded.

For starters, are you aware of this contract's bid process? That is, what type it is. Once you know that then you will also be able to cite the statute that you believe makes his action criminal. Be specific.

Now you are changing your argument, first you disputed that bid rigging was a crime if it is not successful.
Corrected on this point you now claim that this isn't bid rigging at all. Perhaps you can further amuse us by explaining exactly what you think was going on in this recording?

Posted on: 2017/11/2 16:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:

I can't recall if he was double dipping the pension system with jobs that included a civil service job or whether he was moved into certain positions for civil service protection and to take advantage pension qual/credits.... of course I maybe thinking of McGreevy? It's a known racket that will never be reformed.

I found this in the JJ 10/2014: "Akil will remain on the city payroll. Before Fulop promoted him last year, Akil had a civil-service position, making about $85,000 a year as a systems analyst with the health department. City spokeswoman Jennifer Morrill said Akil will return to his old title and salary."

Posted on: 2017/11/2 16:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/10 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
> Attempted crimes are still criminal.

It's not criminal. The person you are quoting has no authority to award the bid. Additionally, their bid was pulled *before* any bid was [to be] awarded.

For starters, are you aware of this contract's bid process? That is, what type it is. Once you know that then you will also be able to cite the statute that you believe makes his action criminal. Be specific.

Posted on: 2017/11/2 16:16

Re: The Tape from Politico,
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/12 3:48
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Ralph_Abutts wrote:
Quote:

AMo wrote:
Bid rigging is a crime.

Successful bid rigging is and it did not happen in this case as the administration pulled the bid.

Attempted crimes are still criminal.
Here we have attempt, intent and awareness of the crime being committed all in one phone call.

"What I don't like about this, see, f***ing straight up, this is the kind of s*** where mother***ers go to jail."

Posted on: 2017/11/2 15:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/10 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

AMo wrote:
Bid rigging is a crime.

Successful bid rigging is and it did not happen in this case as the administration pulled the bid.

Posted on: 2017/11/2 14:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
Akil was a civil-service employee how long does it take to transfer/fire a civil-service employee? I heard it was very hard to do.

I can't recall if he was double dipping the pension system with jobs that included a civil service job or whether he was moved into certain positions for civil service protection and to take advantage pension qual/credits.... of course I maybe thinking of McGreevy? It's a known racket that will never be reformed.

Posted on: 2017/11/2 14:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Akil was a civil-service employee how long does it take to transfer/fire a civil-service employee? I heard it was very hard to do.

Posted on: 2017/11/2 4:38

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/11 1:27
Group:
Registered Users
"Could this have been handled better? Maybe? Probably?"

Come on T-Bird. You've got to be kidding! It wasn't handled at all. Bid rigging is a crime. How on earth do you justify keeping on staff two individuals who are caught on tape discussing a conspiracy to rig a bid? How is that remotely acceptable?

As to Matsikoudis, please dish the dirt on him. You owe it to all of us. It's not enough for you to pose as having some deep insight based upon your time with Fulop. Lay your cards on the table. If you've got the goods, let's hear it. It's your civic duty. I've certainly been explicit in my criticism of your friend. You should be equally explicit. If you're not, I'll assume you don't have a case.

Posted on: 2017/11/2 3:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Mislead, like giving preferential treatment to certain developers? http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... -.html#incart_2box_hudson

Posted on: 2017/11/1 18:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/11/1 17:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

AMo wrote:
Memo to T-Bird. Don't make potentially libelous statements on line (like I had something to do with releasing the tape, which I assure you I didn't) without some evidence.

Quote:

AMo wrote:
Misrepresenting the color of one's shirt is hardly analogous to suggesting that someone is leaking tapes to the press. But, you're right, T-Bird is safe. I only meant to point out that it's easy to make defamatory statements on-line and one must be careful not to, both ethically and legally.

Thanks comrade for clarification! By your "advice" to T-Bird, some of us thought your were behaving like a bullying, sanctimonious prick. Now it is clear your intentions are altruistic, providing friendly legal advice to forum member!

Posted on: 2017/11/1 14:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

AMo wrote:

Sadly, JCList's defenders-o-Fulop (like Trump's defenders) are doing everything in their power to distract people from the undisputed fact that Fulop's top people were engaged in a scheme to rig a bid. Next they'll be asking for an investigation of Healy. It shows you that intellectual dishonesty isn't limited to Republicans.

That's cute, Aaron - very Fox News of you (Next they'll be asking for an investigation of Healy.) Maybe you can throw in a war on Christmas while you are at it.

Look - you wanted the tape released, it was released. Muhammed and Sully look bad. No question. Fulop isn't mentioned and he isn't on the tape. Could this have been handled better? Maybe? Probably? But what is it you expect to happen now, six days before the election?

I look at the cynical move Matsikoudis is attempting, hamfistedly playing this out as his big October surprise Gotcha! move, similar to the equally cynical move he tried in April 2013 with the Star Ledger. It makes me ask where was the outrage over the past three years? There is no way on God's green earth that Matsikoudis hasn't known about this tape since the day it got into Pandalfo's hands, which was a very long time ago. Matsikoudis is a lawyer - if he thinks there was a crime committed and he has knowledge of it, wasn't he obligated to report it when he became aware rather than pocket it until it had its greatest perceived value? As I said previously, I think your dislike of Fulop has blinded you to the nature of who you jumped in with.

You know who I am. You know I left the administration and that the mayor and I didn't agree on everything. I think I have a realistic view of his strengths and weaknesses and between him and Matsikoudis and I'll take Fulop every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Posted on: 2017/11/1 13:41

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/11 1:27
Group:
Registered Users
Misrepresenting the color of one's shirt is hardly analogous to suggesting that someone is leaking tapes to the press. But, you're right, T-Bird is safe. I only meant to point out that it's easy to make defamatory statements on-line and one must be careful not to, both ethically and legally.

Sadly, JCList's defenders-o-Fulop (like Trump's defenders) are doing everything in their power to distract people from the undisputed fact that Fulop's top people were engaged in a scheme to rig a bid. Next they'll be asking for an investigation of Healy. It shows you that intellectual dishonesty isn't limited to Republicans.

Posted on: 2017/11/1 5:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/3/5 15:03
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
For those who argue that this recording was from 2014 & That was Then....

This is NOW:
Fulop still paying former chief of staff caught on 'bid rig' tape
By MATT FRIEDMAN
10/31/2017 10:33 AM EDT
RENT EXPENSE ? Eric Fleming ?

Posted on: 2017/11/1 4:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
The whole Bubba angle doesn't make any sense - this isn't the kind of thing you'd call JCPD for... then again, Bubba doesn't make a lot of sense a lot of the time.

I guess Bubba did two things here - kept the story alive for another day and got his name in the paper as the only person connected to law enforcement who answered the phone.

Posted on: 2017/10/31 18:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
So who did Fulop allegedly report this to?

Posted on: 2017/10/31 18:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/3/5 15:03
From JC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/10/31 15:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Like I said, if you truly would like talk about my choices to react to the upcoming reval, we can meet for coffee. Otherwise, I'll leave you to your trolling.

Quote:

jimbehrle wrote:
Running on his ticket condones it, Dan. You did something politically expedient for yourself. And that's probably why you lost. And moved out of downtown.

Posted on: 2017/10/31 13:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/1/3 4:40
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
Running on his ticket condones it, Dan. You did something politically expedient for yourself. And that's probably why you lost. And moved out of downtown.

Posted on: 2017/10/31 12:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Not sure what this issue has to do with that. Unless you are suggesting that I condoned previous wrong doing, which I do not believe I have. With others, I have spent hundreds of hours working on improving deficiencies. Like many people who have run for office, I ran in attempts to make my city and community better. And I ran with the status quo one last time to take advantage of the opportunity to do just that. if you seriously, want do discuss that, I am happy to meet and talk further. But it does not make the issue at hand right and I believe it "speaks volumes about the culture of this administration" and hope it is pursued further.

Quote:

jimbehrle wrote:
Some how Dan Levin could compartmentalize Healy administration's wrong doing just fine. Healy response to Sandy too. Maybe that's why Dan lost so badly Downtown

Posted on: 2017/10/31 12:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
Some how Dan Levin could compartmentalize Healy administration's wrong doing just fine. Healy response to Sandy too. Maybe that's why Dan lost so badly Downtown

Posted on: 2017/10/31 12:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
I don't know that I'm a shill for any candidate. Just trying to figure things out.

Posted on: 2017/10/31 11:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
this was posted in a public facebook group and I think it goes to the heart of the matter -

"As someone who has supported Mayor Fulop in the past, what I find so troubling about this recording is how it functions as a snapshot, providing a glimpse into what appears to be business-as-usual, behind the scenes at city hall. The officials sound very much like they are engaged in activities that they see as the norm. And while I think that it was great that the bid was not awarded, I do find the fact that neither of the parties involved were relieved of their professional duties to be quite disturbing. It really speaks volumes about the culture of this administration."

Posted on: 2017/10/31 11:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jimbehrle wrote:
Big Guy, just don't. We're all better than that.

Oh come on... tell me you didn't even crack a smile.

Would you say that to great political observers/commentators like John Oliver, Bill Maher, Trevor Noah or Micheal Moore.

But I do appreciate your lesson on politically correct civility and good behavior on this board. This coming from a person whose agenda was to disrupt open and honest dialogue about the JC elections to shill for your candidate.

Posted on: 2017/10/31 11:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Is it sacrilegious for Muhammed Akil to take the Christian Son of God's name in vain?

Or is that language just plain old cultural appropriation

Posted on: 2017/10/30 22:44

(1) 2 3 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017