Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 115

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Suez says 'need wire ran' ??

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/23 17:57
From Jersey City - Bergen-Lafayette
Group:
Registered Users
I got the wire ran this weekend, have called Suez to come out and inspect to get me off the naughty list.

But until they come out, there's no way to know if the thing even works - they have to hold their unit up to it to read it. So fingers crossed, I guess.

Posted on: 2017/9/18 21:27

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/5 1:44
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
It's a single wire with two conductors for the remote. You should be able to manage.

Posted on: 2017/9/16 0:04

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks! I found it! It's held on by half a screw, dangling from a piece of wood near my gas meters. I've always wondered what it was, never got around to investigating it.

I do know that, for the 4 years I've owned this place, it's never been hooked up. I guess the Suez guy can no longer get into the basement and now demands that the remote works - we've been doing renovations and the basement is now part of the residence, and no longer 'common space' and accessible. (The past few bills have been 'estimated' and they asked for a special appointment to come and read actuals. Then I got the violation letter.)

This Saturday I'm apparently now figuring out how to run wire out to that dumb plastic thing, if anyone wants to come join me. Should be a hoot.

Posted on: 2017/9/14 22:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/17 15:41
Group:
Registered Users
It's a small black oval piece that's plastic and has a small grey wire attached to it. It should be on the front or side of your house. I took a picture but couldn't figure out how to attach it here.

I don't understand why it wouldn't work all of a sudden when it worked all along. Did your last bill say that it was estimated or an actual reading.

Just don't take anything they say as gospel truth because they are a corrupt company. Our association had a big problem with them in the past and we had to threaten legal action to get them to back off.

The wire itself shouldn't be a problem to replace. It looks like a phone wire.

Posted on: 2017/9/14 22:00

Suez says 'need wire ran' ??

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I got a note I'm in violation, "need wire ran" is all the detail behind how I'm in violation.

I called them, the woman didn't know anything more, put me on hold, apparently asked around, and came back to me saying "from the water meter to the remote". I assume this is a device that can be read from outside, without the need to enter the basement.

I need help from you guys...

1. I didn't know I had a remote (unless they just installed it, but then I'd assume they'd have ran the wire during install). What does a remote look like?

2. Anyone familiar with what wire needs to be ran, and how? Happy to do this myself with a bit of knowledge, also happy to call an electrician, but still need a bit of knowledge..

Suez hasn't been able to help further, so far - they themselves can't come out and run the wire and cannot provide referrals. So I'm stuck at the moment.

Thanks,

Posted on: 2017/9/14 20:42

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017