Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
130 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 130

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 »

Re: Rich Boggiano JSQ/Ward C City Council
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/16 18:43
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for helping me win re-election: Boggiano

Thank you to all the people who braved the cold and rain to vote in the Dec. 5 runoff election! My campaign was heavily outspent, and I was up against someone aligned with the mayor's political machine, but 60 percent of Ward C voters chose to cast their ballot for me.

This is a couple of strong statements from voters. First, let me state the obvious from Nov. 7: it's pretty clear they like the mayor. I like him, too. Even though we often disagree, we both want what's best for the city. I look forward to working with him in the next four years.

Second, it's equally clear voters want checks and balances on the City Council, which is why I turned down the mayor's offer to run on his ticket. It would have been an easier path to re-election, but I value my independence too much. My biggest donors are family members, not developers. My biggest supporters are volunteers, not a political machine. The only people I answer to are the voters of Jersey City, not a political boss.

I could not have won this election without the blood, sweat and tears of the volunteers who came out everyday since we started campaigning last April. It rained for both the Nov. 7 and Dec. 5 elections, and when paid workers abandoned their posts outside polling sites, my team held their ground and never quit. They showed up to my victory party soaking wet, shivering and exhausted, but wearing smiles of satisfaction from a job well done. You know who you are, and I could not have done it without you.

The next four years will bring a transformation to Journal Square. Rest assured, I will do my best to fight for what I believe is right. I believe in affordability, clean government and working to improve quality of life for area residents. For all the developers out there, if you come to me asking for something, be prepared to tell me what you're going to do for the community. If you're a good neighbor, I'll be your best friend. If not, and you're just looking to make a quick buck on the backs of everyday people, I'll be a thorn in your side for years to come.

Rich Boggiano, Ward C councilman

Link: http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... on_election_election.html

Posted on: 2017/12/13 14:30

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City councilman's re-election victory a family affair

By Terrence T. McDonald tmcdonald@jjournal.com
The Jersey Journal

JERSEY CITY -- If you're looking to beat the political machine, just call the Boggianos.

The three adult children of recently re-elected Councilman Rich Boggiano have helped engineer four election victories for their father, first-ballot and runoff wins this year and in 2013, all against the well-funded political machine of Mayor Steve Fulop.

So how did a speech therapist and two guys who developed an early-education app become master political operatives? Much of the credit, they say, belongs to their dad.

A retired police detective and longtime activist in the Hilltop neighborhood, Boggiano, 74, has spent 40 years building up good will among residents of Ward C, and that has translated into his recent electoral success, his youngest son, Chris, told The Jersey Journal. Boggiano's team had as many as 60 supporters working on get-out-the-vote efforts yesterday, most of them unpaid but "passionate" about getting his dad re-elected, he said.

Voters, Chris said, know his father is "uncorruptable."

"There's no amount of money that can corrupt him," he said. "He wants nothing. He wears my old high school sweaters."

Boggiano won re-election to a second term in yesterday's runoff against Fulop ally John Hanussak. Boggiano won 60 percent of the 2,936 votes cast, to Hanussak's 40 percent. He won about the same votes as he did four years ago, when he unseated Fulop ally Nidia Lopez.

It's not clear how much Fulop's team devoted to Hanussak's campaign specifically, but Boggiano had a massive financial disadvantage. In the days before Election Day, Fulop's council team had $350,000 at its disposal. Boggiano had $30,000.

Even the Fulop machine's efforts to help Hanussak by stockpiling mail-in votes before polls opened yesterday didn't work: Boggiano won mail-ins two-to-one over Hanussak.

Chris said he and his brother, Jon, were the "foot soldiers" on the campaign answering to the "general," their sister, Katrina. The brothers handled "back office" matters, often on plane trips to and from their North Carolina home, while Katrina was the ground game expert, he said.

The councilman, who will begin his second term on Jan. 1, also cited Katrina's assistance when asked to explain yesterday's victory.

"My daughter could run a presidential campaign," he said.

Boggiano is known locally for his often ornery personality. A joke flier hanging in the council office includes his picture and a "warning" to keep away from him because "he is considered loud and dangerous."

"People know he's rough around the edges but he's a genuine person," Chris said.

Gerry McCann, a city code enforcement official and former councilman and mayor, credited Boggiano's lengthy tenure of local activism and a dedication to constituent services that did not stop even as people were voting yesterday.

"In the middle of the election he calls me up about a problem in his ward," he said.

A political operative and ally of Fulop, McCann said he knows of only one way to conquer Boggiano at the polls.

"The way to beat Rich Boggiano is to run someone like Rich Boggiano," he said.

Terrence T. McDonald may be reached at tmcdonald@jjournal.com. Follow him on Twitter @terrencemcd. Find The Jersey Journal on Facebook.

Full article: http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ction_victory_a_fami.html

Posted on: 2017/12/7 3:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
Congratulations Rich. You will, at the very least, be fun!

Congratulations, too, however, the Councilman will put the people first.

Posted on: 2017/12/6 14:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Congratulations Rich. You will, at the very least, be fun!

Posted on: 2017/12/6 6:55

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you to everyone who came out and voted today.

Jersey City runoff results a mixed bag for Fulop

In a statement from Boggiano's campaign that is missing much of the councilman's customary brusqueness, he said, "Today the people of Ward C showed that they wanted a strong independent on the City Council. I look forward to working with the mayor and plan to keep fighting for affordability, clean government and basic quality-of-life improvements throughout the city. "

Full article: http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ng_mixed_bag_for_ful.html

Posted on: 2017/12/6 5:36

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Reminder to come out and vote tomorrow.

Here?s where you can find your polling site if you don?t know it:

https://voter.njsvrs.com/PublicAccess/ ... ?USERPROCESS=PollingPlace

Posted on: 2017/12/5 4:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
Beneath that facade is a wily genius.....

You do recall they said the same thing of GWB? In my opinion an incoherent politician is like a car with no tires: it doesn't matter what's under the hood.

Posted on: 2017/11/28 21:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Beneath that facade is a wily genius.....

Posted on: 2017/11/28 21:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:

Does it bother anyone else that Boggiano doesn't write his own JCList posts? I can understand a major politician having a staffer do social media, but a councilman? And only a few of them have an actual disclaimer, many are left supposedly written by him.

I've seen him try to comment on FB.

Trust me, it's for the best.

So why should anyone support a candidate who can't write, never mind speak, coherently? Is the bar that low?

Posted on: 2017/11/28 21:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:

Does it bother anyone else that Boggiano doesn't write his own JCList posts? I can understand a major politician having a staffer do social media, but a councilman? And only a few of them have an actual disclaimer, many are left supposedly written by him.

I've seen him try to comment on FB.

Trust me, it's for the best.

Posted on: 2017/11/28 20:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
Also Yun the same year Rich won. And Ward E will have a candidate not on a ticket this year regardless of who wins.

But if its true that Symes is working with Bertoli, she might as well have run on Fulop's ticket.

Posted on: 2017/11/28 4:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Also Yun the same year Rich won. And Ward E will have a candidate not on a ticket this year regardless of who wins.

Posted on: 2017/11/28 3:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
In 2005 Fulop won his seat without running on a ticket as well.

Posted on: 2017/11/28 1:42

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Boggiano: Thanks for your votes

I want to thank all of the voters from Ward C and the greater Journal Square area who braved the cold and rain to come out to vote on Nov. 7. With your help, I was able to secure the largest number of votes and substantially more than my second closest competitor.

Since the race had four candidates dividing up the vote, we did not cross the 50 percent threshold to avoid a runoff race. So, I'm asking everyone to brave the cold once again and come out for the runoff election on Dec. 5. While we had a great showing in the first election, we can't take anything for granted the second time around.

I've lived on Magnolia Avenue for nearly 40 years, and while Jersey City is rapidly changing, the issues people care about haven't. I plan to keep fighting for the next four years to improve quality of life for everyday people in the city, advocate for transparency in the city government and work to keep the Journal Square area affordable. The people who have waited decades for the Square to revitalize shouldn't be pushed out now that the area is transforming.

I was the first council candidate in 70 years to win without running on a mayoral ticket. As was the case four years ago, I chose to run independent again this time. It's a much harder path to victory, but the benefit of running a low budget campaign staffed entirely with volunteers is that I'm only beholden to my conscience and the residents of my ward, not campaign donors or political bosses.

I look forward to working with Mayor Fulop over the next four years to continue making Jersey City an even greater place to live. Please come out and vote on Tuesday, Dec. 5 so we can turn that long held dream into a reality.

Rich Boggiano, Jersey City Councilman for Ward C

Link to letter: http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... is_for_the_environme.html

Posted on: 2017/11/27 14:39

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Boggiano can unite people

The recent municipal election in Jersey City has given the current administration a clear mandate to govern for the next four years. Without doubt, the 2017 election represented a significant vote of confidence (by the people) for the incumbent's administration. A decisive win at the polls, however, should not equate to the mayor being given carte blanche. A partisan council negates a fundamental principle of government; specifically, checks and balances.

Run-off elections for seats on the city's council will take place on Dec. 5. We firmly believe that Richard Boggiano, Councilman, Ward C, should be (re-) elected to another four-year term.

Richard Boggiano is a trusted, independent voice on the city's council who is fully capable of uniting all the people. Rich is the "Voice of the People!" He is a 40-year resident of Jersey City. "Ritchie" has worked arduously for the benefit -- and betterment -- of Jersey City. He has served out city as a police officer for 37 years. He has demonstrated his deep-rooted, civic minded spirit as President of the Hilltop Neighborhood Association. And, readers, he continues to serve our city as an endearing, independent voice on our city's council.

Richie only has one interest, and that is to serve the people of our fine city. Rich Boggiano has proven himself to be a superb representative on the city's council. Truthfully speaking, we need Ritchie's sagacious, independent voice to continue -- to endure -- within the council's chamber.

Richard Boggiano is the right person to get the job done. Why not give him another four years?

Albert Cupo and John Di Genio, Jersey City

Link to letter: http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... un-off_election_elec.html

Posted on: 2017/11/27 14:37

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/30 1:27
From The Heights
Group:
Banned
Yeshche chetyre goda!!

Posted on: 2017/11/16 21:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/26 20:07
Group:
Registered Users
"Jim Behrle" is a russian bot. Putin clearly prefers the continuation of Boggiano rule. Make Hilltop Great Again !

Posted on: 2017/11/16 17:05

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/16 2:14
Group:
Banned
Resized Image

Posted on: 2017/11/16 2:09

Webmaster
Webmaster

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/25 12:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Webmasters
USER journalsquare - has the same IP as USER
jimbehrle who was BANNED.

Try turning off COOKIES in your browser so we cannot track you!

Posted on: 2017/11/16 0:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 3:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
He's already back. If there's more nonsense just send him packing again.

I did get a few laughs from his posts personally.

You other paid operatives (you know who you are) could learn a thing or two from him anyway.

Posted on: 2017/11/14 16:38

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/12 3:48
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
"Shitposting is the act of posting large amounts of content of "aggressively, ironically, and trollishly poor quality" to an online forum or social network, in some cases intended to derail discussions or otherwise make the site unusable to its regular visitors."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shitposting

Posted on: 2017/11/14 13:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
Quote:

tern wrote:
The return of Jim Behrle:
http://jclist.com/modules/profile/userinfo.php?uid=21886

Robin.

He severed his time. I say let him back in if he cuts out the nonsense.

It was not nonsense... his manic postings were designed to stop election conversation by spamming the forum, especially about Ward E election. If he is permitted back...it should be after the run-off.

Posted on: 2017/11/14 12:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Welcome back! (It's hard to stay away from this place.)

Quote:

journalsquare wrote:
Resized Image

Posted on: 2017/11/14 3:33

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/16 2:49
From Journal Square
Group:
Banned
Resized Image

Posted on: 2017/11/14 3:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tern wrote:
The return of Jim Behrle:
http://jclist.com/modules/profile/userinfo.php?uid=21886

Robin.

He severed his time. I say let him back in if he cuts out the nonsense.

Posted on: 2017/11/14 2:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/11/13 23:48

Webmaster
Webmaster

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/25 12:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Webmasters
jimbehrle is BANNED from posting.

This person posted more than 20 posts today in this topic and after being warned continued to post negative and idiotic things about this candidate.

Posted on: 2017/11/4 3:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/1/3 4:40
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
Go ahead and ban me, JCList! This place is an anonymous board for paid trolls anyway. If you guys can't handle me, that's your problem.

Posted on: 2017/11/4 3:06

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I'm sure you'd rather have a rubber stamp who follows orders and does as they're told, but my father will be the person who speaks his conscience on every issue that comes up. He's done it for a long time before he joined the city council, and most voters respect him for his integrity even if they don't agree with his stance on every issue.

I'm sorry you don't value that. I'm sure you'd rather see a world where Fulop controls all 9 council seats. Then there'd be no more corruption, the city would run perfectly, and there'd be free housing for everyone.

Posted on: 2017/11/4 2:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/1/3 4:40
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
John H. can certainly handle the constituent services end of the job very well. Rekha is a new voice that ought to be given a chance, too. You can't make any credible arguments why Journal Square should settle for less because your father would rather follow Yun's lead than Fulop's. Fulop is going to be mayor. The council will probably be 7-2 Fulop. What possible difference could your dad make then?

Posted on: 2017/11/4 2:21

(1) 2 3 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017