Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
79 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 79

more...

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: Rich Boggiano JSQ/Ward C City Council
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/18 15:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

La_Verdad wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
And how would Hillary Obama answer that question?

Gee - How would Bob Dole or Michael Dukakis answer that question? Who TF cares? This automatic Hillary deflection is ridiculous. She was a horrible candidate. She lost. As have many other people before her, who also aren't the President. Your boy is making a supreme mess of things - it ain't Hillary who couldn't marshall the troops to do the one thing they said they'd do (repeal the ACA). Hillary hasn't failed to build a wall and get the Mexicans to pay for it. Hillary hasn't behaved like a twelve y/o girl posing as a circus peanut petulantly tweeting away all day - and more to the point, who cares if she was? She's just a washed up politician who has as much influence in what is happening in Washington as you do.

I was responding to someone else earlier lame attempt to connect a city council candidate to Trump. You really need to lighten up. I was not defending Trump, just challenging a smear.

So - it was just a stupid thing to say, unrelated to the topic at hand then? Because whoever "Hillary Obama" is, I'm pretty sure she doesn't live in ward C or have much to do with the race for city council there.

Posted on: 2017/10/28 16:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/1/3 4:40
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
Is Rich supporting Murphy?

Posted on: 2017/10/28 16:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
So Rich voted for Hillary?

Posted on: 2017/10/28 16:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

La_Verdad wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:

Gee - How would Bob Dole or Michael Dukakis answer that question? Who TF cares? This automatic Hillary deflection is ridiculous. She was a horrible candidate. She lost. As have many other people before her, who also aren't the President. Your boy is making a supreme mess of things - it ain't Hillary who couldn't marshall the troops to do the one thing they said they'd do (repeal the ACA). Hillary hasn't failed to build a wall and get the Mexicans to pay for it. Hillary hasn't behaved like a twelve y/o girl posing as a circus peanut petulantly tweeting away all day - and more to the point, who cares if she was? She's just a washed up politician who has as much influence in what is happening in Washington as you do.

I was responding to someone else earlier lame attempt to connect a city council candidate to Trump. You really need to lighten up. I was not defending Trump, just challenging a smear.

Posted on: 2017/10/28 16:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
I don't think Rich Boggiano really posts here

Posted on: 2017/10/28 16:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/18 15:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:

Posted on: 2017/10/28 16:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
Rich,

Name one thing you'd work with Mayor Fulop on in a 2nd term!

Posted on: 2017/10/28 16:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
Rich, name your proudest accomplishment on the City Council.

Do you have any accomplishments?

Posted on: 2017/10/28 15:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jimbehrle wrote:
Asked if he thought his opponents would also fight for residents, he said, "Nope."

Sure, Rich. Only you! Like your pal President Trump.

Posted on: 2017/10/28 15:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
Asked if he thought his opponents would also fight for residents, he said, "Nope."

Sure, Rich. Only you! Like your pal President Trump.

Posted on: 2017/10/28 15:16

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/16 18:43
Group:
Registered Users
Ward C council hopefuls, in their own words By Terrence T. McDonald

The Jersey Journal sat down with [Ward C Candidates] to discuss issues facing the ward and Jersey City. Here are their remarks. The interviews have been edited and condensed for clarity.

With all the new development coming to Journal Square, what measures do you see yourself introducing or supporting to keep Ward C affordable for longtime residents and seniors?

Boggiano: Yesterday, in fact, I just spoke to one of the major developers and I asked him if possible, if they don't accept any funds, to please (do so), even if they do, I want to see some affordable housing for the people of Jersey City.

The Jersey Journal: So the idea is to pressure or convince developers to build?

Boggiano: Convince them. We have to take care of the people in this city. People need a place to live. Two of my neighbors just moved out. Too unaffordable, they couldn't afford the education, the taxes. They're leaving.

---

Do you think the city should stop awarding long-term abatements in Journal Square? If not, what would the developer have to give to the city to be awarded one?

Boggiano: I think the maximum if they give us everything back in the neighborhood, give us some higher quality stores, etc. -- I say 20 years is the maximum. I wish they'd go for 15 or 10 but I doubt that's going to happen.

Full article: http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... ncil_hopefuls_in_the.html

Posted on: 2017/10/28 15:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
Why would Nandwani lie?

Posted on: 2017/10/27 20:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

RichBoggiano wrote:

When The Jersey Journal first asked to talk to Hanussak about his candidacy, he said Fulop's campaign told him he could not be interviewed. This reporter mentioned that to Fulop, who said his campaign had no objections to the interview. Hanussak subsequently agreed to meet with The Jersey Journal.

Asked during that interview how voters could trust he would vote in their best interests if he needed Fulop's express permission to be interviewed by a reporter, Hanussak struggled to answer.

After a 10-second pause, he said, "How the heck do I answer that?" After another 10 seconds, he said, "It's a lot ... " before trailing off.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ber_stamp_reputation.html

This is hilarious! Pure gold!

So you are OK with Reka saying she did not file her state papers due to her skin color and the fact that her supporters would be harassed? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFiG-q8Dqrk

Of course not. She's obviously a liar hiding behind the race card. No one with a brain believes that excuse.

Posted on: 2017/10/27 20:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
I'd urge Ward C voters to find a positive voice who can help usher Journal Square into the future, not the distant past.

In 2013 Boggiano received 1,686 votes to Lopez's 1,332 votes. Lopez had moved from Healy's team to Fulop's. Lopez allegedly spent most of her time in Florida.

Journal Square can do much better. We've gave Rich a chance. What does we have to show for it?

Posted on: 2017/10/27 19:47

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Four vie for Journal Square council seat amid real estate boom by Terrence McDonald

Rich Boggiano, who lives on Magnolia Avenue, is known as the occasionally grumpy, self-described straight shooter who is often attacking Fulop?s major initiatives (Boggiano defeated Fulop?s Ward C candidate in 2013).

Boggiano runs hot and cold on real-estate development in Ward C, cheering when developers build on long-dormant lots like the old pasta factory on Baldwin Avenue but booing when high-density housing is proposed for neighborhoods of one- and two-family homes.

He told The Jersey Journal he hopes the new Journal Square high-rises bring higher quality businesses to the area.

There are no affordable units planned for the new Journal Square towers (the area's redevelopment plan does not require affordable housing). Asked what legislation he would sponsor to make rents in the area manageable for less affluent residents, Boggiano did not suggest any resolutions or ordinances but instead said he would try to convince developers to construct units and set them aside as affordable housing.

?I just spoke to one of the major developers and I asked him, if possible, if they don?t accept any funds to please, and even if they do, I want to see some affordable housing for the people of Jersey City,? he said.

Boggiano has been labeled an obstructionist by the mayor's allies. He said he sees himself as a "fighter" for residents.

"If I don?t like something I go after them," he said.

Full article here: http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... i.html#incart_river_index

Posted on: 2017/10/27 19:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
It's not a great answer, but it's not the worst political answer I've heard to a question these Trumpian Days.

Posted on: 2017/10/21 14:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

RichBoggiano wrote:

When The Jersey Journal first asked to talk to Hanussak about his candidacy, he said Fulop's campaign told him he could not be interviewed. This reporter mentioned that to Fulop, who said his campaign had no objections to the interview. Hanussak subsequently agreed to meet with The Jersey Journal.

Asked during that interview how voters could trust he would vote in their best interests if he needed Fulop's express permission to be interviewed by a reporter, Hanussak struggled to answer.

After a 10-second pause, he said, "How the heck do I answer that?" After another 10 seconds, he said, "It's a lot ... " before trailing off.

So you are OK with Reka saying she did not file her state papers due to her skin color and the fact that her supporters would be harassed? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFiG-q8Dqrk

Posted on: 2017/10/21 11:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
For me it's between Rekha Nandwani and Rich. As amused as I am by Boggiano being Boggiano, it would be nice to have someone on the council with a positive vision. Mere "independence" will not cut it. The only legislative achievements of Rich's is a noise ordinance and one to shut up people at council meetings.

Posted on: 2017/10/21 4:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

RichBoggiano wrote:

Rubber Stamps:

Shows what a tool Hanussak would be if elected, phony already has a BS city job and he'd pucker up and kiss that ring 24/7

MoMo in the heights would be the same

And Slyme in DTJC has already jumped thru hoops and barked like a poodle on demand.

Posted on: 2017/10/20 2:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
But it was well before these meetings that JCMC was speaking. Richard and the council did not speak up until the bids were evaluated and came out by a 3-2 vote for McCabe. JCMC, even before the evaluation was done, was taking out ads saying "Don't take away our ambulance service." They knew they might lose and were "working the refs" even before the game was called.

Posted on: 2017/10/20 1:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RichBoggiano wrote:

Posted on: 2017/10/20 1:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Not true Joshua, it came first before the caucus meeting and Councilman Rich Boggiano spoke against this. I was sitting in the caucus room when the discussion happened. Much later, the Medical Center personnel spoke up at public meetings.

Posted on: 2017/10/19 20:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
It was Councilman Boggiano who first spoke against the EMS contract going to Bayonne bypassing the Medical Center. He also was first to speak against Fulop putting garbage in Greenville. Those things did not come to pass, so thank God for the Councilman Boggiano.

Nonsense.

The first person to speak against the EMS Contract going to McCabe/Carepoint from the Medical Center was....the Medical Center. Even before the review process was finished and the committee recommended McCabe, JCMC was taking out ads opposing the bid process. These ads contained the exact talking points that various "activists" used to oppose the contract when the results came in and gave a slight advantage to McCabe/CarePoint.

The first people to oppose the freight rail through Greenville were residents of South Greenville. Also, no garbage would have been placed there. It would be transported on the rails instead of being transported on trucks through Jersey City like it is now.

Posted on: 2017/10/19 19:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jimbehrle wrote:
I voted for Rich twice last time. But I am undecided this time around so far.

is yer buddie McCann on the ticket?

#Vote Rich

Posted on: 2017/10/19 1:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
I voted for Rich twice last time. But I am undecided this time around so far.

Posted on: 2017/10/19 0:52

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Excerpt from Terrence McDonald's article Fulop allies stress independence amid 'rubber stamp' claims (link to full text at bottom):

Boggiano, 74, who is also seeking a second term in the nonpartisan municipal contest, has touted his independence from the mayor on the campaign trail (Fulop ally Council President Rolando Lavarro has called Boggiano and Yun obstructionists). Most of the council members, Boggiano said, "do what they're told."

"The problem here with the city is you have a 'yes' council," Boggiano said. "If we have more independence on the council we may be able to get things done. That's the key, get more independent people that don't just say yes."

-----

Posted on: 2017/10/17 18:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 3:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
"My neighbors may not always agree with my position on a given issue, but no one ever questions my integrity or love for Jersey City."

Truer words were never spoken.

I disagree with Boggiano a lot, but his integrity and love for Jersey City is untarnished. All I ask is to please please please bring a decent supermarket to Journal Square. C-Town doesn't cut it. Put it in the base of the One Journal Square development (if that bloody thing ever gets built). I've read newspaper clippings that this is something he is on board with, even parting with the mayor on tax subsidies for Kushner's Journal Square if it means something will finally be built.

Posted on: 2017/10/16 17:38

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Boggiano a stand-out non-politician

The world of Jersey City politics is renowned world over. This is not for its admirable traits. The popular impression is that of a Political Machine Boss-led system where the dead still vote.

The standout non-politician is Councilman Rich Boggiano. Richie will question and fight anything he and his constituents feel will adversely affect his ward. His service to the people of Jersey City is well known. He served as a policeman, detective and academy instructor for the Jersey City Police Department. The Hilltop Block Association knows Richie as president who brings their concerns to the City and follows through to make sure they are addressed.

Richie began the "Winning the Peace" program. This nationally-recognized program brings West Point cadets and cadre to Jersey City to meet with members of our various ethnic communities to foster an atmosphere of understanding within all groups involved.

As Ward C Councilman, Richie has fought for his ward. He fought uncontrolled development, unbridled road construction and unresponsive city agencies. He answers his phone, listens to callers and gets back to them with an answer! What refreshing behaviour from a "politician." Richie is a non-politician and my councilman.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... cil_election_chatter.html

Posted on: 2017/10/16 14:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/21 23:51
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, thanks God! /s

Posted on: 2017/10/2 1:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
It was Councilman Boggiano who first spoke against the EMS contract going to Bayonne bypassing the Medical Center. He also was first to speak against Fulop putting garbage in Greenville. Those things did not come to pass, so thank God for the Councilman Boggiano.

Posted on: 2017/10/1 22:03

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017