Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
113 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 113

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City issued $14 million in parking violations last year
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcneighbor wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
I remember about 10 yrs ago. Jersey city claimed it cost them more to write the tickets then they collected.

This sounds SO ridiculous that I am inclined to believe it is 100% true. Only in JC could you have a parking enforcement agency that is unable to generate a profit.

Completely true. Don't forget the full time JCPA "supervisor" who was also a full time teacher at a county HS. He was surely a HCDO "made man" to get 2 patronage jobs.

Problem with any research into ticket writing productivity is it runs right into protests about quotas. So you can't complain about low levels of ticketing because then they'd have to have a quota, and that's a no-no. I'd love to know how many traffic tickets per cop/hr JCPD produces vs similar cities.

Most of the scooter-driving ticketers are so bloody lazy it's a joke. We've got cars parked into the crosswalks at the intersections of 2 one-way streets and it's basically impossible to turn a truck (like a fire truck) at those intersections. Scooters just drive on by and don't do anything. And then there's the commuters without resident permits. It's a problem (Downtown, especially) for residents. But parking enforcement is so lax that a LOT of commuters have figured out that getting maybe ONE $60 ticket a year is a whole lot cheaper than paying for monthly parking. We don't need quotas, just people who actually do what they're being paid to do. I'd bet they could easily write triple the number of tickets they're writing currently...

Well, interestingly, tickets are now $110, instead of $54.

Posted on: 2017/8/7 19:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/10 13:10
From Downtown JC, VVP Area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
I remember about 10 yrs ago. Jersey city claimed it cost them more to write the tickets then they collected.

This sounds SO ridiculous that I am inclined to believe it is 100% true. Only in JC could you have a parking enforcement agency that is unable to generate a profit.

Completely true. Don't forget the full time JCPA "supervisor" who was also a full time teacher at a county HS. He was surely a HCDO "made man" to get 2 patronage jobs.

Problem with any research into ticket writing productivity is it runs right into protests about quotas. So you can't complain about low levels of ticketing because then they'd have to have a quota, and that's a no-no. I'd love to know how many traffic tickets per cop/hr JCPD produces vs similar cities.

Most of the scooter-driving ticketers are so bloody lazy it's a joke. We've got cars parked into the crosswalks at the intersections of 2 one-way streets and it's basically impossible to turn a truck (like a fire truck) at those intersections. Scooters just drive on by and don't do anything. And then there's the commuters without resident permits. It's a problem (Downtown, especially) for residents. But parking enforcement is so lax that a LOT of commuters have figured out that getting maybe ONE $60 ticket a year is a whole lot cheaper than paying for monthly parking. We don't need quotas, just people who actually do what they're being paid to do. I'd bet they could easily write triple the number of tickets they're writing currently...

Posted on: 2017/8/7 18:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:

Posted on: 2017/8/7 15:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:

Posted on: 2017/8/7 12:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

and estimated it would receive roughly $4.1 million in revenue from tickets in its yearly budget...

Doubt $4.1m would pay JCPA's pension obligations....

Posted on: 2017/8/7 0:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/8/6 3:31

Jersey City issued $14 million in parking violations last year
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

This city issued $14 million in parking violations last year

By Caitlin Mota - The Jersey Journal

If you’ve ever walked up to your car to find a white and red slip tacked onto the windshield and thought “not again,” you’re probably not alone.

In 2016, Jersey City issued more than 280,000 parking violations totaling more than $14 million. The city does not pocket most of the money collected -- much goes to different funds -- and estimated it would receive roughly $4.1 million in revenue from tickets in its yearly budget.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... g_violation_last_yea.html

Posted on: 2017/8/4 14:53

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017