Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
125 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 125

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: For anyone interested in obtaining a Concealed Carry Permit
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:
...Before that I obtained a sharpshooter rating from the Dept. of Civilian Marksmanship in high school. ...

I had that as well. Yet, I've never been such a coward as to think this is necessary:

Quote:

MDM wrote:
But I want the ability to do so should the need arise, no matter how unlikely.

...and I've had a former home broken into.

Posted on: 2017/6/30 19:04
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:11
From HamiltonPARK
Group:
Registered Users
33,000 deaths a year from gunshot. 22,000 are suicides. What does this tell you about the mental state of gun-owners? It starts with fear and paranoia and then just spirals...

Posted on: 2017/6/30 3:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Haggis wrote:
Brewster,
You're lucky! We had a home invasion while living in NYC...When I thought about how we were sitting ducks and what could have happened..ugh.
But this is about having a concealed permit. Is that the part that bothers you?

That does sound awful, but statistically the odds of a gun in the home being used on someone you know or yourself is far higher than it being used effectively to protect yourself.

I'm sure MDM is very safety concious, but something likes 1/4 of gun owners have one loaded and unlocked in their home. 7100 children are shot every year with 1300 deaths. If any other product cause 1300 children's deaths yearly in this country there would be hysteria. But it's just business as usual.

Posted on: 2017/6/29 20:07

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/16 13:54
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Brewster,
You're lucky! We had a home invasion while living in NYC...When I thought about how we were sitting ducks and what could have happened..ugh.
But this is about having a concealed permit. Is that the part that bothers you?

Posted on: 2017/6/29 19:25

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/5 1:44
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DtJcQdMf wrote:
Quote:

Dinger wrote:
Quote:

JSleeze wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
You know, I agree with you most of the time, but not on this. From 1979 I've lived in Pittsburgh, Oakland, NYC and JC for a total of 37 years, and never once have been in situation where I wished I had a gun in my pocket.

Same. (LA, Houston, NYC and JC for me.) We should make mental health services available to people who are so fearful they need to have a gun strapped them to make it through their day.

Seriously, what a nut job.

Ad hominem herb. You know what they say about anecdotal evidence. That said, the other evidence tends to agree with you as well.

Yes, mea culpa. I tend to hold strong opinions about idealogues who deny climate change, believe their very survival necessitates armament, and who have an uncanny fascination with Chinese wealth.

Posted on: 2017/6/29 17:47

Edited by Dinger on 2017/6/29 18:12:47
Reason: pronoun placement

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/3 19:27
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Dinger wrote:
Quote:

JSleeze wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
You know, I agree with you most of the time, but not on this. From 1979 I've lived in Pittsburgh, Oakland, NYC and JC for a total of 37 years, and never once have been in situation where I wished I had a gun in my pocket.

Same. (LA, Houston, NYC and JC for me.) We should make mental health services available to people who are so fearful they need to have a gun strapped them to make it through their day.

Ad hominem herb. You know what they say about anecdotal evidence. That said, the other evidence tends to agree with you as well.

Posted on: 2017/6/29 17:26

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/5 1:44
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JSleeze wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:

Posted on: 2017/6/29 15:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/26 20:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:

Posted on: 2017/6/29 14:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

MDM wrote:
the wild west scenario hasn't happened in the in the 42 states that are 'Shall Issue' or no permit required

Guess you don't read the news. People are shooting each other or getting shot by fearful cops all the time. The silence of the NRA about the shooting of Castile, a licensed carrier is interesting.

Quote:

I think the stock market and the housing market are both in bubbles.

At least we still agree on most things like this.

Posted on: 2017/6/28 22:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:

Add to that giving cops even more reason to think everyone has a gun and they should shoot first and ask questions never, and it's an awful idea.

In college I was an NRA certified firearms instructor. Before that I obtained a sharpshooter rating from the Dept. of Civilian Marksmanship in high school. I have been armed my entire adult life and never had to use a firearm in defense of my life or property. Hope I never have to. But I want the ability to do so should the need arise, no matter how unlikely.

To the second point... the wild west scenario hasn't happened in the in the 42 states that are 'Shall Issue' or no permit required (Connecticut is a 'May Issue' by law but is a 'Shall Issue' by practice... so I counted it as a shall issue). Somewhere around 12% to 15% of PA people have licenses. Florida has over a million issued. Florida list how many people have their permits revoked and its lower than that for law enforcement (the majority revocations due to non-gun related incidents like DWI).

Quote:
Here's something from an email I just got that makes us both happy.

Forecasting Values
The median home value in 07307 is now $403,800, compared to $333,443 one year ago. Home values in this area are expected to increase 4.3% one year from now.

I think the stock market and the housing market are both in bubbles. I expect a nasty correction in both in the coming 24 months, though the salad days of buying dirt cheap gut-rehab buildings is long gone. The saving grace has been all the foreign money pouring into the USA (in particular China). The wealthy Chinese don't care about positive returns, they just want to not lose their entire investment (which is the fear if they keep their money in China).

Posted on: 2017/6/28 21:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for this announcement. Concealed carry is part of our Second Amendment fundamental rights, and I'm happy to see we may be in a situation where liberal states will finally be forced to honor this.

If states should be forced to recognize gay marriage licenses issued out of state (the effect of the major Supreme Court decision a couple years ago), there is absolutely no reason why they shouldn't be forced to recognize valid conceal carry licenses issued in other states.

Posted on: 2017/6/28 21:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned

Add to that giving cops even more reason to think everyone has a gun and they should shoot first and ask questions never, and it's an awful idea. Our country, and even JC, is nowhere near as dangerous as certain groups that thrive on fear would have everyone believe. But I'd be FAR more afraid if I thought everyone on the street and in their cars had guns.

Here's something from an email I just got that makes us both happy.

Forecasting Values
The median home value in 07307 is now $403,800, compared to $333,443 one year ago. Home values in this area are expected to increase 4.3% one year from now.

Posted on: 2017/6/28 21:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Just to add..

HR 38 has 200 sponsors / cosponsors in the House. Per Gun Owners of America:

According to Gun Owners of America (GOA), CCRA now has 199 co-sponsors, bringing the number of House supporters to 200 (including Hudson). GOA says the number of supporters represents ?an almost unprecedented level of support? for any particular House legislation.

GOA observed, ?It is almost certain to us that we ? today ? have the 218 votes (out of 435) we need in order to pass H.R. 38 in the House. In the Senate, we believe we?re close to the 60 votes we need to break a filibuster. Bottom line: There is no reason that we should wait to move this legislation through the House.?

So there is a pretty good change HR 38.. or some version of it could become law sometime this year or next.

President Trump has voiced support for reciprocity and if I recall correctly has a concealed carry permit for a number of years.

Posted on: 2017/6/28 20:53

For anyone interested in obtaining a Concealed Carry Permit
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The Association of NJ Rifle & Pistol Clubs (ANJRPC) is having an event this Saturday allowing you to get an out of state permit for Utah and Florida.

While NJ is still a 'may issue' state, a FL or UT permit will allow you to carry in states that offer reciprocity with FL or UT.

More importantly, the out of state permits would give you the right to carry to people in NJ if HR 38 becomes law, which will require states honor other state's permits (like they do with driver licenses). Essentially HR 38 would make NJ a 'shall issue' state via out of state carry permits.

Details below:

The excitement over H.R. 38 (national carry reciprocity) has renewed interest among New Jersey gun owners in obtaining Florida and Utah non-resident carry permits. If H.R. 38 does move, a huge backlog of non-resident permit applications is anticipated as residents of a number of anti-gun states scramble to get their permits.

While there is no guarantee that H.R. 38 will be enacted, we think it's a good idea to be prepared and secure your permit now. ANJRPC has brought back its convenient Right to Carry Road Show permitting events at Cherry Ridge Range in an effort to accommodate renewed demand, and the next one is this Saturday, July 1st (12:00 noon for Florida, 1:00 p.m. for Utah).

PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED: Contact charlie@gunforhire.com or call 973-821-7106.

Here are the highlights:

*All aspects of the carry permit application process conveniently handled for you at one location.

*Fingerprinting, photos, notary, application completion, etc.

*What otherwise takes weeks to assemble on your own is completed in a few hours!

FEE IS $200 (Utah) and $50 (Florida)

PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED: Contact charlie@gunforhire.com or call 973-821-7106.

Note: Florida's application can only be submitted after prior completion of training, which is not part of this service (NRA Basic Pistol and First Steps certified pistol training satisfy this requirement. Also, NJ Hunter Education Card or DD214 Military Discharge form satisfy this requirement as well). Please note that Florida and Utah non-resident permits are not currently being honored in Pennsylvania.

Posted on: 2017/6/28 19:29

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017