Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 101

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Organic vegetable garden plants
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/9 20:03
Group:
Registered Users
I actually ended up finding lots of organic/ non-gmo plants at Home Depot.

Regarding pesticides, there's a company called Nature's Good Guys that sells all kinds of beneficial insects. Every year I buy a bag of ladybugs from amazon to control aphids.

Posted on: 2017/10/1 12:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/3/5 15:03
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

linky wrote:
Does anyone know where I might buy organic tomato, cucumber, and pepper plants?

If your concern is purely health, the amount of chemical residue that would be in a mature fruit from a commercial start would be undetectable. Think of the mass of that tiny start compared to a mature plant and it's fruit. I also believe most of the health benefit of organic comes from no pesticides rather than the type of fertilization used. If you just want everything you touch to be organic, whatever.

I grow organically from either seeds or commercial starts, usually from Hudson Market on JFK. Are they still there? There was talk of them being sold.

Hudson Market sold their property awhile ago & were asked to remain for the 2017 season by the new owners who will be putting up yet more *Luxury Condos* in it's place.
They were giving out 20% off coupons all summer for their new place, which will be quite a drive away from JC.

Posted on: 2017/9/25 15:13

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/25 10:16
From China
Group:
Registered Users
I like that you don't use chemicals for your plants. It is good to use natural things for organic vegetable garden plants.

Posted on: 2017/9/25 10:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
I very rarely spray anything except dilute milk for powdery mildew. Nature takes what nature wants, thankfully my living doesn't depend on my crops!

Posted on: 2017/4/5 0:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:

If your concern is purely health, the amount of chemical residue that would be in a mature fruit from a commercial start would be undetectable. Think of the mass of that tiny start compared to a mature plant and it's fruit. I also believe most of the health benefit of organic comes from no pesticides rather than the type of fertilization used. If you just want everything you touch to be organic, whatever.

I grow organically from either seeds or commercial starts, usually from Hudson Market on JFK. Are they still there? There was talk of them being sold.

The indoor store seems to be closed, but when I drove by a little over a week ago, it looked like they still had the outdoor market open.

BTW... 'Organic' uses pesticides. I have some organic approved pesticides that I use on spider mites. One of which I avoid on edible crops because its more toxic and more likely to leave a residue than the 'non-organic' variety.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2017/4/4 22:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

linky wrote:

Posted on: 2017/4/4 20:25

Organic vegetable garden plants
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/9 20:03
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/4/4 17:54

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017