Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 114

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Glue Vandalism On Locks
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/10/4 13:18
Group:
Registered Users
Put a fake camera and sticker and see if it helps.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fake-C ... -camaras/32709029545.html

It even blinks red light and costs just $3.38

Posted on: 2017/3/21 2:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Found this online ... could solve many problems of unwanted guests, parcel deliveries (if made or not), thieves checking if someone is home or vandals doing the same !

https://ring.com/video-doorbell

Posted on: 2017/3/14 23:31
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Here's another inexpensive camera/security system you might try:

https://ring.com/

Posted on: 2017/3/12 4:14

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/16 14:24
From Beirut
Group:
Registered Users
Great suggestionsl..Blue Iris is great!...Hopefully it worked out for Haizum.

Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
There are very few low-cost home security options unless you are tech savvy. Over the years - the most dependable and low-cost (relatively) diy system for me - has been my logitech alert system.

Other things you might try:
- Cable/internet provider - might have something.
- Canary: Blurb is promising. Personally wouldn't trust it. https://canary.is/flex/
- Blue Iris: http://blueirissoftware.com/ - you need to be tech savv. Set up your own server...

Posted on: 2017/3/11 7:23

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/9/12 16:59
From 2nd St.
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for all the helpful input. After two times, this is obviously very deliberate and trust me I have been doing through the rolodex in my mind about who is doing this. And while I may be naive, I don't remember pissing anyone off this much recently. I have some thoughts but it's complete speculation.

I doubt its a patron from the Latin Lounge. This seems very deliberate, and the problems that come from there are random, crazy, and loud fights in the middle of the night, not so much purposeful screwing up the neighborhood.

Cameras will be going up. Thanks for the recommendations again. And in my dreams, once I turn them over to police, I hope the standard punishment is supergluing their hands to their nether regions.

Posted on: 2017/2/8 1:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/3 18:37
From DTJC
Group:
Banned
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

dr_nick_riviera wrote:
Quote:

tinydancer116 wrote:
Sounds like a drunk guy from the Latin Lounge. I heard the place is closing down soon thankfully....that bar has been a nightmare in this city for decades!

So a random drunk dude just happens to be carrying around superglue in case he feels like screwing with some homeowners in his drunken haze? Oh, he must also not be white and has to be connected to one of the few non-white bars in the neighborhood.

Very nice veiled racism. You must be on the VNA board.

LOL @ this ridiculous outrage. Yes, lets pretend that a place everyone knows is the source of problems isn't because saying that it is is RACIST!

Also, what is the VNA board?

Yes, let's just assume the perpetrator is some hooligan from a bar we happen to not like, with absolutely no evidence to back this up. Yes, assuming this is a person of color is already suspect. Of course if this person is hispanic, they must have been getting wasted at that hispanic themed bar I don't like!

And usually bar complaints are related to noise. I've never heard someone stumbling out of a bar and supergluing people's locks shut. That remark from 'tinydancer' is just your usual NIMBY garbage and trying to blame an establishment you don't like on every ill in neighborhood.

Posted on: 2017/2/8 1:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
It is most likely someone targeting you or your neighbor. Someone is pissed at one of you.

Something I would be on the look out for if this was me is someone might be targeting your building for a burglary and is trying to see if they can get you to leave the front door open until new locks are installed. They may not want to be out in the open trying get into you building but if you leave the door open because the lock is damaged they have easier access to the apartments and don't have to worry about drawing attention if they can just walk right in the building.

It's most likely simple vandalism from someone angry at one of you but that is something I would consider also.

Posted on: 2017/2/7 21:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

dr_nick_riviera wrote:
Quote:

tinydancer116 wrote:
Sounds like a drunk guy from the Latin Lounge. I heard the place is closing down soon thankfully....that bar has been a nightmare in this city for decades!

So a random drunk dude just happens to be carrying around superglue in case he feels like screwing with some homeowners in his drunken haze? Oh, he must also not be white and has to be connected to one of the few non-white bars in the neighborhood.

LOL @ this ridiculous outrage. Yes, lets pretend that a place everyone knows is the source of problems isn't because saying that it is is RACIST!

Doh! Village Neighborhood Assoc. I know, complicated to figure out.

Posted on: 2017/2/7 20:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/30 19:03
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dr_nick_riviera wrote:
Quote:

tinydancer116 wrote:

Posted on: 2017/2/7 19:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/30 19:03
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
There are very few low-cost home security options unless you are tech savvy. Over the years - the most dependable and low-cost (relatively) diy system for me - has been my logitech alert system.

- Canary: Blurb is promising. Personally wouldn't trust it. https://canary.is/flex/
- Blue Iris: http://blueirissoftware.com/ - you need to be tech savv. Set up your own server...

There are absolutely tons of cheap security cams. Here are a few:

- https://smile.amazon.com/Kodak-CFH-V15 ... ce-Security/dp/B00WBU3HU2
- https://smile.amazon.com/Arlo-Security ... ree-Outdoor/dp/B00QH0Q8J4

Another solution (that will work with the above) is to setup a smart lock system - either using codes or smartphones.

Posted on: 2017/2/7 19:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.ebay.com/itm/20g-UV-Super- ... 64d680:g:8IcAAOSwtnpXmda3

Try the above and I think home depot has similar super glue removers.

Another annoying activity by local knuckleheads is when they get dog poo and paste it around car door handles at night and around restaurants ... Near my neck of the woods, they would target the passenger side door handles so unsuspecting (more often women) passengers would get a handful of poo ... for a while these kids would target dog owners who didn't pick-up after their dogs, and I suspect via the guidance of their parents !

Posted on: 2017/2/7 19:47
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/3 18:37
From DTJC
Group:
Banned
Quote:

tinydancer116 wrote:

Posted on: 2017/2/7 18:23

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/28 6:04
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/2/7 14:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/2/7 2:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/2/7 2:22

Glue Vandalism On Locks
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/9/12 16:59
From 2nd St.
Group:
Registered Users
I'm DT in the village. The locks on the front of my 2 unit building (I own one of the units) have been vandalized two times in the last 2 weeks with superglue. The first time I called police non-emergency, but I decided not to file a complaint/get a police report thinking that it was just some stupid random vandalism (I know, I'm a dummy).

Today, I come home from work and it has happened again. I filed a complaint with the police, and they said this is the only building in the neighborhood this is happening to, or at least has spoken up about it.

I'm at the point where I may spend my measly tax return on a security camera system.

So...
Is this happening to anyone else?
Does anyone have experience dealing with, stopping, or preventing this?
Can anyone recommend an affordable security camera system?

Posted on: 2017/2/7 0:52

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017