Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
128 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 128

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
hero69 wrote: true that portions in the us tend to be too big, but i also believe that fast food, potato chips, coke/pepsi, fried chicken, bbq ribs, candy bars etc are also integral parts of the american diet.
It's a combination of carbohydrate intake and genetics. Example: My wife's home country, people consume a lot of carbs (rice & cane sugar), but they generally don't get fat. However, type 2 diabetes is rampant. This is typical for Southeast Asians. The key to controlling appetite is controlling insulin. It is carbohydrates that trigger an insulin response as the carbs are broken down into glucose. Whatever is not burned is stored into fat. For those of us prone to being obese, your fat cells don't give up energy easily. Instead, you get VERY hungry once your glucose stores run low. This is what makes calorie restriction so hard to accomplish.
https://youtu.be/mNYlIcXynwE (sometimes I can't get Youtube to embed properly on this board). Two years ago, I hit a plateau with trying to lose weight, despite doing serious, hardcore workouts 3x a week. Someone who had a similar issues in the past recommended Keto to me. After doing some research, I went ahead and tried it (against the advise of my Dr.). Keto is high fat, moderate protein, and very low net carb intake (<50 grams.. hardcore people do a max of 20 grams a day). The advantage since your body is not running on glucose, you don't get the sensation of being starved and weak when you don't eat for long periods. Results: Painless weight loss (except for the adjustment period). 40+ lbs so far. No calorie counting needed. No more migraines (chronic for me since age 14) Excellent blood work (my doctor was shocked). Being able to go the whole day without eating and not feel any sense of weakness or brain fog. I am a piker in comparison to others. I have seen people take off 100+ lbs, reverse insulin resistance issues, and keep the weight off. Downside: No more doughnuts, rice, pasta, sugar sweetener, potatoes, bread, etc..... More here: https://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/ http://www.ketotic.org/2012/05/keto-a ... hat-it-is-and-how-to.html

Posted on: 2018/2/8 23:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
true that portions in the us tend to be too big, but i also believe that fast food, potato chips, coke/pepsi, fried chicken, bbq ribs, candy bars etc are also integral parts of the american diet.

these may be foods that people want, but they are not healthy. check out the increase in diabetes in developing countries where people are opting to eat more american style foods. i travel often and i feel so sad when i see kids that are so obese because of poor food choices. i takes like 30 minutes of running[ to burn off that snickers.quote]
ThirdStreet wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
chile is fighting the war on obesity. if any of you travel much, you'll notice how bad the american diet is for obesity.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/07/hea ... m-well&WT.nav=bottom-well

American diet is just fine. It's just the portions the here. People tend to serve a lot more and eat everything that's served. Even within America, if you go to the rural areas where obesity is more prevalent, portions are far bigger than they are in place like New York City.
Locally, Brownstone Dinner for me an example of place where they serve huge portions and tend to have more obese customers as well. [/quote]

Posted on: 2018/2/8 21:03

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/29 21:36
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
chile is fighting the war on obesity. if any of you travel much, you'll notice how bad the american diet is for obesity.

American diet is just fine. It's just the portions the here. People tend to serve a lot more and eat everything that's served. Even within America, if you go to the rural areas where obesity is more prevalent, portions are far bigger than they are in place like New York City.
Locally, Brownstone Dinner for me an example of place where they serve huge portions and tend to have more obese customers as well.

Posted on: 2018/2/8 19:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2018/2/8 18:52

Re: Krispy Kreme
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
Buy 1 dozen donuts & get 1 glazed for 80 cents Friday! I cant wait, I'll be there!

Posted on: 2017/7/12 21:12

Krispy Kreme
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
From Krispy Kreme Jersey City Facebook page:

Check this out!!! Shaquille O'neal visits Krispy Kreme Jersey City for a surprise birthday party in celebration for the 80th birthday this Friday!

https://www.facebook.com/Krispy-Kreme-Jersey-City-1212960655430526/

Posted on: 2017/7/12 19:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
I tried to sign up to get coupons from them but I haven't got anything. I'm still receiving coupons from when I used to go to the one in Philly.
Do they honor other Krispy Kreme coupons?

Posted on: 2017/3/8 21:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
To add to what someone said earlier, a friend's dad owned a bunch of McDonald's. Her trick when visiting a location was to ask for unsalted fries, which usually means a new batch will be fried. She then just added salt herself!
are you sure that just wasn't a trick to get more fries?

No, she got the exact size portion, just fresh out of the fryer.

Posted on: 2017/2/28 1:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
To add to what someone said earlier, a friend's dad owned a bunch of McDonald's. Her trick when visiting a location was to ask for unsalted fries, which usually means a new batch will be fried. She then just added salt herself!
are you sure that just wasn't a trick to get more fries?

Posted on: 2017/2/28 1:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/2/28 0:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/19 15:21
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

suzychapstick wrote:
How would anyone have any idea they were supposed to ask for fresh donuts? It's like going to McDonalds and saying, "Please, not the fries that have been sitting there for three hours." (Someone's going to say, "I always ask for fresh fries!" Good for you.)

Anyway, they obviously hadn't been sitting there for just the 15 minutes I waited. Probably just the early morning pump out that were already boxed up. Not the end of the world. Thankfully it's almost lent and I can blame Jesus for avoiding Krispy Kreme.

Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

suzychapstick wrote:
We went on Monday morning. Hot Donut sign was on. Glazed donuts churning through the machine in the window. So I ordered a dozen glazed. We waited about 15 minutes to get the donuts at the other end (there were only about four other people in line). And we got a box of cold, hard, glazed donuts. I considered just leaving them there.

And yet you didn't. You should have gone with your first instinct. Granted the place should have had better signage with their "hot request" policy stated. Just surprised they were hard in that minimal amount of time, I heard they last for days.

The donuts were fresh, they were just not warm like you expected. Next time speak up and ask for your donuts to be warm so there won't be any surprises and you won't be so disappointed that you have to come onto JClist to rant and rave about your horrendous experience #firstworldproblems

Posted on: 2017/2/28 0:34

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/8/3 20:43
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
How would anyone have any idea they were supposed to ask for fresh donuts? It's like going to McDonalds and saying, "Please, not the fries that have been sitting there for three hours." (Someone's going to say, "I always ask for fresh fries!" Good for you.)

Anyway, they obviously hadn't been sitting there for just the 15 minutes I waited. Probably just the early morning pump out that were already boxed up. Not the end of the world. Thankfully it's almost lent and I can blame Jesus for avoiding Krispy Kreme.

Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

suzychapstick wrote:
We went on Monday morning. Hot Donut sign was on. Glazed donuts churning through the machine in the window. So I ordered a dozen glazed. We waited about 15 minutes to get the donuts at the other end (there were only about four other people in line). And we got a box of cold, hard, glazed donuts. I considered just leaving them there.

And yet you didn't. You should have gone with your first instinct. Granted the place should have had better signage with their "hot request" policy stated. Just surprised they were hard in that minimal amount of time, I heard they last for days.

Posted on: 2017/2/28 0:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

suzychapstick wrote:

Posted on: 2017/2/27 22:15
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DouglasReynholm wrote:
True, the first one and only KK I tried was in Brick NJ - that was - 5 plus years ago LOL - ?. i.e. Trader Joe's - Where have you gone, Trader Joe - A Jersey City turns its lonely eyes to you? Will we ever get one -

Given that the Hoboken Trader Joe's is opening this May, likely never.

Posted on: 2017/2/27 21:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DouglasReynholm wrote:
True, the first one and only KK I tried was in Brick NJ - that was - 5 plus years ago LOL - ?. i.e. Trader Joe's - Where have you gone, Trader Joe - A Jersey City turns its lonely eyes to you? Will we ever get one -

I'm amazed at this, too. It's a donut shop. The traffic/parking issues will die down once the novelty wears off. Relax, everybody.

Posted on: 2017/2/27 14:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/19 15:21
Group:
Registered Users
I've heard when you are making your order you have to specifically ask for "hot donuts" or they will automatically give you the donuts that have cooled off already.

Posted on: 2017/2/26 17:01

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/8/3 20:43
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/2/26 14:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/4 19:30
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/2/25 13:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/27 23:03
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City is sooo provincial. A Krispy Kreme joint opens and it's news, with long lines and double-parked cars. Laughable.

Posted on: 2017/2/24 23:41

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/7/23 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
Meh.

Posted on: 2017/2/24 22:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
maybe they should start a concierge service or something. have cars pick up on wayne?

Posted on: 2017/2/24 20:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/4 19:30
Group:
Registered Users
I went, it's good, but I waited on line 15 minutes, won't ever wait unless it's less than 5 minutes, mostly just wanted to check it out...it was my 2nd ever KK experience. I liked my donuts.

Posted on: 2017/2/24 20:31

Re: Grand Opening date for Krispy Kreme February 7th 2017
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Stringer wrote:

Jersey City Krispy Kreme attracts long lines -- and illegal parking

By Terrence T. McDonald | The Jersey Journal
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on February 24, 2017 at 10:17 AM, updated February 24, 2017 at 10:42 AM

The hottest new attraction in Downtown Jersey City is Krispy Kreme, where day and night lines of people wait for 45 minutes or longer for freshly fried doughnuts.

Judging by the lines of cars outside the Krispy Kreme entrance, the doughnut chain attracts a ton of illegal parkers, too.

There is no street parking directly outside the entrance of the shop, located on the first floor of a 19-story office building, but that hasn't stopped its patrons from illegally parking in the no-parking zones along Marin Boulevard and Columbus Drive.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... cts_long_lines_--_an.html

Guess what makes the FIVE ABSOLUTE WORST FOODS YOU CAN EAT ? http://articles.mercola.com/sites/art ... 03/10/18/worst-foods.aspx http://www.livestrong.com/article/31509-top-worst-foods/ Then we complain about diabetes, obesity and how our nation is unhealthy and the increased cost of health insurance ... we sure are a dumb-ass lot, not to mention how this became a newsworthy article ! There should be a law that bans any fast-food chain or doughnut shop within a 5 mile radius of a school to help protect children's health!

Posted on: 2017/2/24 20:24
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Jersey City Krispy Kreme attracts long lines -- and illegal parking

By Terrence T. McDonald | The Jersey Journal
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on February 24, 2017 at 10:17 AM, updated February 24, 2017 at 10:42 AM

The hottest new attraction in Downtown Jersey City is Krispy Kreme, where day and night lines of people wait for 45 minutes or longer for freshly fried doughnuts.

Judging by the lines of cars outside the Krispy Kreme entrance, the doughnut chain attracts a ton of illegal parkers, too.

There is no street parking directly outside the entrance of the shop, located on the first floor of a 19-story office building, but that hasn't stopped its patrons from illegally parking in the no-parking zones along Marin Boulevard and Columbus Drive.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... cts_long_lines_--_an.html

Posted on: 2017/2/24 17:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
Yup. You might say they're making a lot of...dough.

I'll be here all week.

Quote:

iGreg wrote:
First time there was no line outside, walked inside and place was packed.

Must be printing money in that place.....

#fatass

Quote:

Annod wrote:
At 6 pm, a police car came and chased them away. I'll bet they just loop around Wayne St and come back around.

Posted on: 2017/2/15 13:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
First time there was no line outside, walked inside and place was packed.

Must be printing money in that place.....

#fatass

Quote:

Annod wrote:
At 6 pm, a police car came and chased them away. I'll bet they just loop around Wayne St and come back around.

Posted on: 2017/2/14 23:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/2/14 23:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/9 1:00
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
The donuts are great but the cops need to clear out all the morons that are parking illegally over there.

Posted on: 2017/2/14 17:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCishome wrote:
Well yeah, relax. Just think how much worse it will be when (if?) they build a Whole Foods across the street from there.

Most successful and growing cities are difficult to drive through, though.

Posted on: 2017/2/14 15:06

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/4 20:10
From NJ
Group:
Registered Users
I remember driving all the way down to maybe Toms River many years ago when Krispy Kreme opened down there. It was jam packed for days or weeks! And now it's an Arbys. The doughnuts are good, but the crowds may not last. Dunkin makes their money on good coffee, I don't even know how KK's coffee (koffee?) is.

Posted on: 2017/2/14 14:31

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017