Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
119 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 119

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 »

Re: Jersey City rally in support of immigrants
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/1 0:23
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

TAQsmp wrote:
Something tells me there is no JCWoman8...

Or JCSocialLife8. This dude is a misery and has dedicated 100% of his spare time to being a Trump troll on a local city forum.

Wrong on all counts. Not surprising coming from the guy who boasted that "literally all the intellectuals" were on his side, omitting his side's historical rejection by the American voters.

And I'm sure you saw the violent liberal riots in California last night. Face it, you guys are on the wrong side of history. The Supreme Court picks will ensure this.

How many times does someone need to tell you Hilary won the popular vote- or do you only believe the lies that come out of your dictator's mouth while he lies to your face? It's okay to admit you're a chump buddy!

Also I suggest you really look into what people have considered "the wrong side of history"- maybe poke around WW2 era? I dunno- might see some similarities between you and the "wrong side". Just a suggestion :) Sorry you're so sad, angry, scared, and alone :(

Posted on: 2017/2/2 16:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

TAQsmp wrote:

Or JCSocialLife8. This dude is a misery and has dedicated 100% of his spare time to being a Trump troll on a local city forum.

Wrong on all counts. Not surprising coming from the guy who boasted that "literally all the intellectuals" were on his side, omitting his side's historical rejection by the American voters.

And I'm sure you saw the violent liberal riots in California last night. Face it, you guys are on the wrong side of history. The Supreme Court picks will ensure this.

Posted on: 2017/2/2 14:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/12 22:36
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
So let me clarify The Left position on illegal immigration.... Everybody in the whole world has a right to come to America illegally.... unless you happen to be a Catholic Cuban

... those unfortunates get arrested and sent back to Cuba and probable death. Where is the global outrage for the 19 Cubans that Mexico just returned to Cuba.

Are you saying that there are people in this thread who have mentioned positions like that? If so, please add those quotes here.

And to clarify on where I think you're heading with this (correct me if I'm wrong), one can be opposed to illegal immigration and also think that building a wall as a solution is an idiotic waste of money.

Posted on: 2017/2/2 13:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
So let me clarify The Left position on illegal immigration.... Everybody in the whole world has a right to come to America illegally.... unless you happen to be a Catholic Cuban

... those unfortunates get arrested and sent back to Cuba and probable death. Where is the global outrage for the 19 Cubans that Mexico just returned to Cuba.

Posted on: 2017/2/2 12:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/1 0:23
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TAQsmp wrote:

Posted on: 2017/2/2 6:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
So California now would like to expand its sanctuary status to include the whole state. Basically they are unwilling to notify the government when they arrest an undocumented individual. Any recipient of a grant has to comply with federal law. By not complying they risk losing $330 billion in federal funding. Great idea Tulip. Let's try it.

California is a donor state (as NY and NJ are). They can stop paying federal taxes to compensate and will have a lot of money left...

So now you are listening to something Schwarzenegger a republican stated? Please tell me how exactly is California going to stop it's residents from paying federal taxes?

I did not know Schwarzenegger talked about it but it is mentioned here:
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2017 ... esponse-to-trump-threats/

Interestingly, if you look at the correlation between dependency on federal fund and how the state voted in the election, states that are highly dependent on federal fund voted for Trump!

I would not be surprised... there are many people out of work through no fault of their own making... and they saw no change in their lives under democrat rule so they voted against Hillary.

Anybody with any pride and a fair understanding of how the world works would not want to spend the rest of their lives on welfare.

Especially if they were making good money at one time. Hillary and her economic policies offered nothing and people woke up to that fact.

Talk about trickle down economics... policies that kill jobs across the country and put desperate hardworking people on the dole is not making progress.

Posted on: 2017/2/2 4:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/18 4:28
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
So California now would like to expand its sanctuary status to include the whole state. Basically they are unwilling to notify the government when they arrest an undocumented individual. Any recipient of a grant has to comply with federal law. By not complying they risk losing $330 billion in federal funding. Great idea Tulip. Let's try it.

California is a donor state (as NY and NJ are). They can stop paying federal taxes to compensate and will have a lot of money left...

So now you are listening to something Schwarzenegger a republican stated? Please tell me how exactly is California going to stop it's residents from paying federal taxes?

Interestingly, if you look at the correlation between dependency on federal fund and how the state voted in the election, states that are highly dependent on federal fund voted for Trump!

Posted on: 2017/2/2 2:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/5 14:16
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
I have a feeling you are not a psychologist...

Of course not. I defer to experts, and their work leaves us with some of the most valuable tools to understand ourselves and each other, despite our completely understandable reluctance use them.

It?s a jungle in there.

Posted on: 2017/2/2 2:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
California is still butthurt over Hillary losing, they're just trying to stick it to President Trump any way they can.

Posted on: 2017/2/2 2:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:

Posted on: 2017/2/2 2:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:

Posted on: 2017/2/2 2:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:

Posted on: 2017/2/2 2:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:

They have a big mouth, like our city currently does. But just wait until they are pressed and they'll crumble.

Posted on: 2017/2/2 2:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
I really wonder what life is like for some of you people. How cowardly are you that you're afraid of people running away from war? For all the talk of toughness, I only see the saddest bunch of children on the planet. Do you all regularly cry when people walk towards you with skin slightly tanned?

Posted on: 2017/2/2 2:00
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
So California now would like to expand its sanctuary status to include the whole state. Basically they are unwilling to notify the government when they arrest an undocumented individual. Any recipient of a grant has to comply with federal law. By not complying they risk losing $330 billion in federal funding. Great idea Fulop. Let's try it.

Posted on: 2017/2/2 1:57

Edited by 135jc on 2017/2/2 2:17:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/30 19:03
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
So the people were getting amped up over the 'Muslim registration list' that no one has, or would, suggest? Jeez, snowflakes, have some cocoa and calm down.

Can you explain why this isn't a Muslim ban?

I think it might be because we're continuing to let in Muslims.

Posted on: 2017/2/2 1:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Frank_M wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
[quote]
Here's a good article on the subject I read the other day. Many of these "progressives" aren't worried that Trump is a Hitler type figure. They subconsciously want that to avoid admitting they were as wrong as can be.

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/15654031 ... h-for-especially-if-it-is

Hitler is simply the most infamous point of reference in terms of Mr. Trump's tendencies. The comparison is unavoidable, and many people who want to demonize him are going to use that reference. They're probably distracting themselves with an irrational projection as well, if that suits you. I have plenty of hope that Trump and Hitler will never share any important Wikipedia entries.

Still, along with many past world leaders that history reflects poorly upon, Donald Trump and Adolf Hitler share an unmistakable appeal to the dark side of human nature. Thanks to pioneers like Freud and Jung, we know quite a bit about this aspect of the unconscious, our shadow, despite its entire purpose of remaining hidden. We didn't see Mr. Trump's victory coming, and in hindsight that makes sense, but at least now our dirty secret is out.

I have a feeling you are not a psychologist, but are quite skilled in your chosen profession.

You really shouldn't quit your day job.

Posted on: 2017/2/2 1:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Isis has the ability to create passports. http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/11/politics/isis-passports/

Posted on: 2017/2/2 0:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
[quote]
Here's a good article on the subject I read the other day. Many of these "progressives" aren't worried that Trump is a Hitler type figure. They subconsciously want that to avoid admitting they were as wrong as can be.

Hitler is simply the most infamous point of reference in terms of Mr. Trump's tendencies. The comparison is unavoidable, and many people who want to demonize him are going to use that reference. They're probably distracting themselves with an irrational projection as well, if that suits you. I have plenty of hope that Trump and Hitler will never share any important Wikipedia entries.

Still, along with many past world leaders that history reflects poorly upon, Donald Trump and Adolf Hitler share an unmistakable appeal to the dark side of human nature. Thanks to pioneers like Freud and Jung, we know quite a bit about this aspect of the unconscious, our shadow, despite its entire purpose of remaining hidden. We didn't see Mr. Trump's victory coming, and in hindsight that makes sense, but at least now our dirty secret is out.

Posted on: 2017/2/2 0:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

know_your_history wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
'Angering our allies' 'like China and Mexico'?

Since when is China our ally??

at least since WWII

Just for the record for you silly progressives who are worried about history repeating with Hitler > Trump comments;

China was never an ally.... Mao was to busy butchering millions of his people, plus invading Korea to bolster the original Krazy Kim Franchise.

Mao, Stalin, Castro are the American Left's favorite Cold War butchers, but they still keep Hitler as their boogeyman of choice.

"Remember when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor" John Belushi RIP

Posted on: 2017/2/1 22:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/28 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
If JC and the board of ed lose federal aid, the only right thing for our politicians to do is to give up their salaries. This should go for councilpeople, mayors, up to the US Senate. Why should homeowners bear the brunt? After all they made the statements.

I am sure this is what your lord and savior Jesus Christ would say. Isn't it in Corinthians somewhere, "And thou shalt build walls between you, and thou shalt not worry about the suffering of those who happened to be born on the other side of an invisible line you created."

Posted on: 2017/2/1 22:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TAQsmp wrote:

Resized Image

Posted on: 2017/2/1 22:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
If JC and the board of ed lose federal aid, the only right thing for our politicians to do is to give up their salaries. This should go for councilpeople, mayors, up to the US Senate. Why should homeowners bear the brunt? After all they made the statements.

Posted on: 2017/2/1 22:23

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/22 15:52
From Jersey city
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/2/1 22:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

Azul_the_Cat wrote:
It means we're up the creek without a paddle unless Yvonne can come to our rescue.

I guess we will see how many JC residents will support this sanctuary status when their taxes and rents start going up

I agree Azul home owners won't stand for this. I hope these renters live in rent controlled apartments, projects, or multi-dwellings because once the city looses it's federal funding their rents will have to make up the difference.

Posted on: 2017/2/1 21:55
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
I'm well aware of your proclivity to misuse the term "projection."

Fact is, it's very difficult for a conservative not to be exposed to the liberal viewpoint nowadays. It's crammed down everybody's throat via most mass media outlets. "Progressives" are far more likely to be victim to echo chambers because they simply aren't exposed to dissenting viewpoints.

When a serial teller of raging falsehoods angrily refers to journalists as ?liars? on a regular basis, psychology has a term for that behavior whether you like it or not. Everybody is familiar with the pot calling the kettle black, but the fascinating part is understanding WHY the pot has such a conspicuous problem with the kettle.

It's probably one of the most fascinating subjects that you don't want to know anything about.

Posted on: 2017/2/1 21:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

know_your_history wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
'Angering our allies' 'like China and Mexico'?

Since when is China our ally??

at least since WWII

Just for the record for you silly progressives who are worried about history repeating with Hitler > Trump comments;

China was never an ally.... Mao was to busy butchering millions of his people, plus invading Korea to bolster the original Krazy Kim Franchise.

Mao, Stalin, Castro are the American Left's favorite Cold War butchers, but they still keep Hitler as their boogeyman of choice.

"Remember when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor" John Belushi RIP

Posted on: 2017/2/1 21:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Frank_M wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
And the echo chamber stuff is obvious. You [JSleeze] and many "progressives" receive all of your information from like minded sources, which largely ban the conservative point of view, which leaves you disconnected from reality.

You have no idea how fascinating psychology is, do you?

Oh, I'm well aware of your proclivity to misuse the term "projection."

Fact is, it's very difficult for a conservative not to be exposed to the liberal viewpoint nowadays. It's crammed down everybody's throat via most mass media outlets. "Progressives" are far more likely to be victim to echo chambers because they simply aren't exposed to dissenting viewpoints.

This is confirmed by numerous studies that demonstrate conservatives understand liberals FAR better than the reverse.

Posted on: 2017/2/1 21:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
And the echo chamber stuff is obvious. You [JSleeze] and many "progressives" receive all of your information from like minded sources, which largely ban the conservative point of view, which leaves you disconnected from reality.

You have no idea how fascinating psychology is, do you?

Posted on: 2017/2/1 20:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
JSleeze, you didn't limit your false accusation to a "specific threat," you claimed "or similar rationale" along with the lie that the only rationale behind the order was an "I don't like the looks of those guys."

This was clearly wrong, as I proved, and you obviously didn't read the order. Not surprising. Your attempt to backtrack now would only be applicable if you didn't say any of the things I bolded, and only limited it to "a specific threat," in which case I would not have made my comment.

So nice try.

And the echo chamber stuff is obvious. You and many "progressives" receive all of your information from like minded sources, which largely ban the conservative point of view, which leaves you disconnected from reality.

This effect was most obvious during the elections, as your echo chamber convinced "progressives" about the fabled "Blue Wall." Your posts indicate you continue to be very much immersed in your echo chamber because you say ridiculous things like "the snap back from this failed experiment with authoritatian know-nothingism is going to make Bernie Sanders look positively centrist."

Yeah, if you spend all your time on HuffPo, I can see why you'd think that, but everyone else knows how ridiculous that is. Theres a civil war going on in the Democratic Party between the Hillary wing and the Sanders wing. You are clearly in the latter group. My money is on the Hillary wing winning.

Posted on: 2017/2/1 20:18

(1) 2 3 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017