Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
30 user(s) are online (18 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 30

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Amazon US Post office delivery issues
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
7/23 20:28
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
i am dealing with the same thing. mine has it being delivered on 3 separate days and none of them were the actual delivery date.

complaining to the Post office is useless. Unions protect them so they can do whatever they want for the most part. Only way is to complain to amazon and keep complaining.

The post office is getting as bad as Lasership, anyone who has had to deal with them know what i am talking about.

Posted on: 2017/2/6 23:59
Censorship is for pussies!!!!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

MDM wrote:
Went to the Post Office today to pick up a couple of packaged. Lo and behold the order that was listed as 'delivered' and assumed stolen was there as well.

Amazon already replaced this previously missing order, so its going back to Amazon.

If that's the case then a letter of complaint should be forwarded to head-office, so they can introduce change and address any deficiencies - It could be a case of retraining, new procedures or even removing the person who is incompetent or lacks aptitude to maintain the role responsibly.

Voice your concern, things only change when people complain.

The problem is systemic, so it's hard to imagine that this is not coming down from the top.

Posted on: 2017/2/6 23:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
10/15 17:40
Group:
Registered Users
USPS is the worst

1) Their tracking is never updated real time, sometime it shows up days after they pick up the package, sometime nothing until it is actually delivered.

2) They lose and delay packages all the time, i had packages with no tracking info for 2 weeks, then after i refunded the customer, it shows up on tracking as accepted in PA (i dropped off in jersey city). Had packages going in a loop between different NJ hubs for weeks until it is finally sent to destination, etc..

3) They dont care - the 2 lady in the montgomery post office act like they are doing you the biggest favor by taking your package. There are lines going all the way to the door and they would talk and chat with each other and few people they know and do everything in sloth pace like in zootopia. You can also see there are bunch people in the back laughing talking and doing nothing, but none would come try to open another window to assist.

They would also randomly pick on people, more than once they tell me my box is too big and i need to open everything up and repackage it in a different box and i had to educate them on what girth measurement actually means, had to get the manager more than once to override those idiots and confirm my boxes are within size limit.

I see them pick on other people all the time, mostly young people and asians, forcing them to repackage boxes that they didnt need to.

It's no wonder they are losing billions, those people dont care one bit, they know they cant lose their jobs. UPS/Fedex also messes up but at least their customer service care enough to try to fix the issue right away and are competent and somewhat efficient.

/rant off

Posted on: 2017/2/6 23:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
8/30 3:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

MDM wrote:
Went to the Post Office today to pick up a couple of packaged. Lo and behold the order that was listed as 'delivered' and assumed stolen was there as well.

Amazon already replaced this previously missing order, so its going back to Amazon.

If that's the case then a letter of complaint should be forwarded to head-office, so they can introduce change and address any deficiencies - It could be a case of retraining, new procedures or even removing the person who is incompetent or lacks aptitude to maintain the role responsibly.

I complain through amazon - call amazon's customer service - and let them call USPS for me...

Posted on: 2017/2/6 23:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/3/5 19:18
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:

Posted on: 2017/2/6 21:25
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
8/30 3:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:

That happens a lot. They mark stuff as delivered when they haven't even been down my street - or their cloaking device hides their van from my cameras. I give them a few days and usually packages show up.

For low-value stuff - call amazon. They typically let you keep the dups.

Posted on: 2017/2/6 19:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Yesterday 20:34
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/2/6 18:57

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/7 17:54
From jersey city, nj
Group:
Registered Users
I've had the same issue recently. Package was left at the door even though we were home. Found the package opened (still at the front door) with contents stolen.

Posted on: 2017/1/23 21:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Here we go again... USPS says they left the package yesterday at my door. People were home.. no bell no knock.. and no package. No idea if it was actually left and stolen or what.

USPS did leave other packages, which they generally don't do, and by some miracle they were not stolen.

Posted on: 2017/1/22 20:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/16 2:51
Group:
Registered Users
past 3 months UPS and fed ex have just gotten worse than ever (I assume seasonal help)

I have an account with both with specific preferences listed on what to do if I am not home yet I keep finding packages just sitting on the sidewalk in front of my house (I don't have a stoop so they are literally just on the sidewalk) when my instructions clearly say put at the back door or over the fence into my yard.

Many times they don't even ring the bell any more and just dump the package on the street with no warning (I work from home and the family upstairs is a SAHM so there is someone to answer the bell here 99% of the time)

now they have this fun little thing of having one guy go down the street ringing the bell in advance of the truck to see if you answer and then if you come to the bell you have to stand there any wait 5 minutes for the truck to roll up, them to find your package etc which is a bit annoying since the first few times it happened I just answered my bell to noone there and assumed it was some kids doing ding dong ditch?

Posted on: 2016/12/21 15:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

MDM wrote:
No knock, no bell.. just a ticket on the door.

How about adding to that "knock" sign that they're being videotaped. Might reduce the tag and run nonsense. Or a pressure sensitive doormat that buzzes you.

I paid to have my order re-delivered. This time, the driver dumped the boxes on my doorstep. Given how much they weigh, nobody bothered steeling them.

Posted on: 2016/12/21 13:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
11/29 13:18
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
I have nothing sent to my house but UPS has even managed to screw up delivering to my office at Harborside Financial Center. I made a few Amazon Prime purchases around cyber Monday, they split the delivery between USPS and UPS and the UPS delivery never showed arrived. Tracking it, they apparently delivered to a completely different business as far as I can tell because my mail room attendants don't go under the name they claim signed for it; and no, I don't think it was signed and stolen by one of them, it was a simple $12 power cord.

Posted on: 2016/12/21 13:30
utterly deplorable

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
10/30 21:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dr_nick_riviera wrote:
Has anybody had issues with just regular letters not getting delivered? I've had several important pieces of mail (wedding invitations, bills, etc.) either get lost and not show up entirely or be returned "Return to Sender", even though my address was correct and clearly printed out.

I've mailed letters to NYC addresses and it gets there the next day if I send mail to a JC address it takes a week for delivery. Once I accidentally put the wrong house number on the letter, they wrote the correct house number on the envelope and returned it to me instead of delivering it.

Posted on: 2016/12/21 10:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Today 4:57
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
Has anybody had issues with just regular letters not getting delivered? I've had several important pieces of mail (wedding invitations, bills, etc.) either get lost and not show up entirely or be returned "Return to Sender", even though my address was correct and clearly printed out.

Posted on: 2016/12/21 4:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Yesterday 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

MDM wrote:

How about adding to that "knock" sign that they're being videotaped. Might reduce the tag and run nonsense. Or a pressure sensitive doormat that buzzes you.

This is something worth considering if the "tag and run" problem is really bad:

https://ring.com/

Posted on: 2016/12/21 1:42

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/28 13:35
Group:
Registered Users
Finally received my package today & the door bell was rung.
Merry Christmas!

Posted on: 2016/12/20 23:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
9/27 21:20
Group:
Registered Users
Nearly every of my packages that are FedEx —> USPS or UPS —> USPS have issues. It's like the postoffice gets their jollies from not delivering other carriers packages. However, when it JUST a USPS package, totally fine.

I also have the issues with them never leaving slips/notifications and failing to make redelivery attempts.

Posted on: 2016/12/20 19:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Today 3:18
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:

Posted on: 2016/12/20 18:57

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
It's no wonder the USPS is losing billions of our tax dollars annually. Add this to the fix it list for President Trump.

Posted on: 2016/12/20 0:48

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
8/18 19:10
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I got a new one. "Your UPS SurePost package was transferred to the wrong post office. This is being corrected now. Estimated delivery date unavailable."

Been stuck in this state since Wednesday.

Posted on: 2016/12/19 19:59

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Received tracking info from amazon & went to usps website. It shows delivery attempted & left notice. This is a damn lie, home all day & no delivery & NO NOTICE LEFT. Now tracking shows in-transit for re-delivery since 12/15. ???

Posted on: 2016/12/19 17:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Yesterday 14:20
Group:
Registered Users
BRING ON THE DRONES!

Posted on: 2016/12/19 17:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
10/30 21:19
Group:
Registered Users
I was in to PO this morning to buy stamps and mail some packages, I was shocked that everyone was so nice and helpful. I didn't get the usual bored attitude that they were doing me a favor providing me with service. I hope this wasn't a fluke and it continues.

Posted on: 2016/12/17 15:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

meltedopsicle wrote:

There was a brief, aggravating period where UPS was delivering packages to an "Access Point" merchant if I wasn't home. In that case, you have to pick it up there or let it eventually return to sender; UPS won't make a 2nd attempt to your door.

UPS pissed me off a bit this week. I had a delivery that was heavy (a pair of 75 lbs dumbbells). On the second delivery attempt, I made sure I was home all day, had the entryway light on, and had a sign that said 'knock and ring the bell'.

No knock, no bell.. just a ticket on the door. I was working all day at my desk very near the door. I suspect the delivery guy just didn't want to have to move 150 lbs worth of stuff, so he stuck a ticket on the door and left.

Well, I missed the third attempt and by the time I got home, UPS sent my order back (you have to respond by 7:00 PM if your delivery doesn't require a signature).

So now I have to pay to have it re-shipped.

Annoying....

Posted on: 2016/12/17 15:36

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Yesterday 20:30
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:
Well...

A few minutes after my previous post, the postman hand delivers the package.

The USPS truck almost never comes down my street. My guess is they leave the truck somewhere, do the tracking there, then walk over with the box. Sometimes I'm outside and I don't see the tracking scanner device thing in their hand (like with UPS/FedEx for example if they ring for your signature).

There was a brief, aggravating period where UPS was delivering packages to an "Access Point" merchant if I wasn't home. In that case, you have to pick it up there or let it eventually return to sender; UPS won't make a 2nd attempt to your door. I complained to Amazon that the shipping address was in effect changed by UPS without the sender's or receiver's permission. I'm not a Prime member so no late credits anyway, just the inconvenience of having to pick up the package when I ordered it for delivery.

Posted on: 2016/12/17 14:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/2 9:29
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
This is their worst year for deliveries.

Adding to that the new trend is UPS local has our packages and transferring to USPS smartpost which is causing an additional 2-5 days for deliveries.

USPS will scan the item was delivered and when I call the next day to my local post office, we find the item is sitting there.

Some of the Amazon drivers will also scan it was delivered 2-5 hours before the actual delivery or leaving it at a wrong house number.

This on top of all the package thefts made this a horrible online shopping season for many.

I have set up text alerts for all of my online deliveries. This way I have better control of what is coming my way and if their is a problem I can react quickly.

FYI Contact numbers for Amamzon carriers.

Posted on: 2016/12/17 14:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Today 0:30
Group:
Registered Users
Amazon is really good about crediting for late delivery, especially if you pay an extra fee for one or two-day delivery. Use the chat function on their site (start with HELP at the footer of the home page) and they will give you a credit in the form of a refund or credit to use on their site.

Posted on: 2016/12/17 0:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Well...

A few minutes after my previous post, the postman hand delivers the package.

Posted on: 2016/12/16 23:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
*sigh*

Just got a "package delivered". Per tracking it's in my mailbox. Checked.. nothing there...

Posted on: 2016/12/16 22:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
10/25 4:51
Group:
Registered Users
USPS is having major issues with Amazon packages right now, I had a few "2 day" packages show up on day 4 or 5.

Posted on: 2016/12/4 3:09

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017