Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 114

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: STARBUCKS: HOMELESS SHELTER (Grove)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MFJC07302 wrote:
Thanks for all your wonderful input. The homeless issue will be rectified and the store cleaned this week when a board member from Corporate in Seattle comes !!

Resized Image

Posted on: 2016/11/23 20:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DtJcQdMf wrote:

What are the borders of the 'transportation center'? Would hate to see even JSQ look like Anytown USA

Right. This is an interesting link it shows the retail that is there. Click on the Full View pdf. I guess it is before the PJ Ryan?s announcement. So if any of those spaces become available in the future the new tenants can?t sell coffee. Sounds to controlling to me. I will stick with my JSquare bodega for my 75 cent cup of coffee and fluffy house cat.

http://www.panynj.gov/business-opport ... unities-jstc.htm?tabnum=2

PS ? I always found this figure amazing knowing that Healy and previous administrations let JSquare rot for years.

?Daily access to over 37,000 PATH and JSTC bus riders?

Posted on: 2016/11/23 18:21

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/3 19:27
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
Gee the OP better not venture up The Square after Feb 2017 he/she will have a stroke. The new Starbucks will have plenty of room for the homeless inside and out. (Happy Thanksgiving)

Quote:
JJ 6/24/2016 : ?The Journal Square Starbucks would be 2,079 square feet on the PATH hub's ground level, adjacent to the new PJ Ryan's Squared. The 10-year lease would bring in $1.4 million total for the Port Authority. Starbucks is committing to spend nearly $600,000 renovating the space.

The average Manhattan Starbucks is 1,600 square feet.

The proposed lease indicates an opening date of around Feb. 1, 2017. Starbucks would be allowed to be the only retailer in the transportation center whose primary purpose is to sell coffee, a provision Starbucks required before committing to open a store there, and would not affect existing businesses.

Starbucks would be allowed to use 1,600 square feet adjacent to its proposed new store as outdoor seating without paying additional rent.?

Interesting bold line they are shutting out future coffee shops.

What are the borders of the 'transportation center'? Would hate to see even JSQ look like Anytown USA

Posted on: 2016/11/23 17:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Great recommendations ... I was thinking troll, laughing and sitting at their desk waiting for responses to come in..

When s/he mentioned the Starbucks Board coming to town.... I half expected to see a flash mob show up when s/he posted the date and time.

Alas that humorous opportunity was missed...

Quote:

JCishome wrote:
I'm pretty sure the OP is either a troll or a disgruntled Starbucks worker. Either way, here's the lemonade message that comes from his/her lemons:
- be nice to some homeless people this holiday season.
- give your business to a local entrepreneur instead of a corporate behemoth.

Posted on: 2016/11/23 14:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
I'm pretty sure the OP is either a troll or a disgruntled Starbucks worker. Either way, here's the lemonade message that comes from his/her lemons:
- be nice to some homeless people this holiday season.
- give your business to a local entrepreneur instead of a corporate behemoth.

Posted on: 2016/11/23 14:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Gee the OP better not venture up The Square after Feb 2017 he/she will have a stroke. The new Starbucks will have plenty of room for the homeless inside and out. (Happy Thanksgiving)

Quote:
JJ 6/24/2016 : ?The Journal Square Starbucks would be 2,079 square feet on the PATH hub's ground level, adjacent to the new PJ Ryan's Squared. The 10-year lease would bring in $1.4 million total for the Port Authority. Starbucks is committing to spend nearly $600,000 renovating the space.

The average Manhattan Starbucks is 1,600 square feet.

The proposed lease indicates an opening date of around Feb. 1, 2017. Starbucks would be allowed to be the only retailer in the transportation center whose primary purpose is to sell coffee, a provision Starbucks required before committing to open a store there, and would not affect existing businesses.

Starbucks would be allowed to use 1,600 square feet adjacent to its proposed new store as outdoor seating without paying additional rent.?

Interesting bold line they are shutting out future coffee shops.

Posted on: 2016/11/23 13:12

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/19 14:48
From Marion
Group:
Registered Users
I commend you on your compassion for your fellow man.

Get a grip.

Posted on: 2016/11/23 2:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hamiltonpkmom wrote:
I don't generally patronize Starbucks and have been to the Grove St. location may be 2 times 10+ years I have lived here. But thanks to this tread, I will be stopping by and buying some hot beverages and baked goods to any homeless person I encounter there or outside.

It is reassuring the majority of the voices spoken on this thread are to voice the outrage brought forth by the Newbie... at the risk of sounding like the old timer here... welcome Jersey City, try, try to be a decent human being MFJC07302... and have a great Thanks Giving.

Very nicely said.

Posted on: 2016/11/22 21:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/16 19:07
Group:
Registered Users
"the store cleaned this week when a board member from Corporate in Seattle comes"

Translation: The nanny will arrive by starship to take the young one back to the home planet.

Posted on: 2016/11/22 20:07

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/17 0:57
Group:
Registered Users
I don't generally patronize Starbucks and have been to the Grove St. location may be 2 times 10+ years I have lived here. But thanks to this tread, I will be stopping by and buying some hot beverages and baked goods to any homeless person I encounter there or outside.

It is reassuring the majority of the voices spoken on this thread are to voice the outrage brought forth by the Newbie... at the risk of sounding like the old timer here... welcome Jersey City, try, try to be a decent human being MFJC07302... and have a great Thanks Giving.

Posted on: 2016/11/22 18:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MFJC07302 wrote:
Thanks for all your wonderful input. The homeless issue will be rectified and the store cleaned this week when a board member from Corporate in Seattle comes !! What a relief :)

You really are a delusional idiot, if you believe anyone at the board level gets involved with issues at a single store. Most of the directors aren't even based in Seattle, but I suspect you don't even have the first clue how corporate structures at publicly traded companies work. But keep sniffing that artificial caramel mocha flavoring if that makes you happy.

Posted on: 2016/11/22 18:02

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 12:04
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for all your wonderful input. The homeless issue will be rectified and the store cleaned this week when a board member from Corporate in Seattle comes !! What a relief :) Here are a list of problems at Grove Starbucks: outlets broken, ceiling lights broken, seats/tables stained and broken, short on staff, manager is a tyrant to her staff, homeless shelter issue, product displays a mess, floors are stained, partners/employees feed homeless for free when customers pay to be there, district manager doesn't care.
So there you have a partial list to see what customers are complaining about;)

Posted on: 2016/11/22 17:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MFJC07302 wrote:
Well, I have won the fight against the homeless and the store being filthy. I reached out to corporate in Seattle, Washington as I have been writing on the JC List and they are coming to the store to do a "clean sweep" of the management and get the store back to it's original mission statement.

I go to that Starbucks a couple times a week. Yes, there may be a homeless person or two in there, but they're never bothering anyone. Leave them be. There was a homeless guy there yesterday. He wasn't even occupying a seat - just standing in a corner looking out the window. He was probably trying to stay warm and draw as little attention to himself as possible. This Starbucks is just fine the way it is. It's not any more filthy than any other busy coffee shop, just some straw and sugar wrappers on the floor because the staff hasn't had time to sweep.

You must live a sad, unhappy life to brag about complaining to corporate HQ to get some unfortunate people kicked out into the cold. If a cup of coffee is that easily ruined for you, I'd hate to think what your other day-to-day experiences must be like. P.S. the number for PATH customer service is 800-234-PATH, and for the MTA it's 511. Wouldn't want all those homeless people in the trains and stations to ruin your PATH and Subway "experience" either.

Posted on: 2016/11/22 16:58

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/8/14 18:54
Group:
Registered Users
We need to build a wall around starbucks. Keep these folthy homeless people out so we can all enjoy the starbucks experience bc that right there is america

Posted on: 2016/11/22 15:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/11 14:53
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

On_The_3rd wrote:
Quote:

MFJC07302 wrote:
Starbucks was not set up in 1971 to feet/shelter the homeless and be filthy dirty. There are shelters for that and cleaning services out there to keep the place clean. Come in when it gets renovated for some clean, non-homeless calm :)

Time to pump the brakes a bit, you sound like a stuck-up broad.

You've done your part and complained to the manager that you find the store to be unwelcoming to guests, and your next step should be to contact their corporate office. Turn to social media if you must, FB and Twitter have proven very effective and getting issues resolved.

Boycott the store in the meantime by checking out some of the other local coffeeshops that others here have suggested. Many of them offer a great atmosphere for relaxing and enjoying a cup of "good" coffee.

Guests ?? Is there a private party being conducted there where it's invitation only ? I think you mean (paying) customers

Sorry that the term "guest" tripped you up.

noun

1. a person who spends some time at another person's home in some social activity, as a visit, dinner, or party.

2. a person who receives the hospitality of a club, a city, or the like.

3. a person who patronizes a hotel, restaurant, etc., for the lodging, food, or entertainment it provides.

4. an often well-known person invited to participate or perform in a regular program, series, etc., as a substitute for a regular member or as a special attraction.

5. Zoology. an inquiline.

Posted on: 2016/11/22 15:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MFJC07302 wrote:
paying customers have NO seat to enjoy their "Starbucks" experience, that they are paying for.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Posted on: 2016/11/22 5:44

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/1 21:19
From JSQ
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/11/22 4:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

On_The_3rd wrote:
Quote:

MFJC07302 wrote:
Starbucks was not set up in 1971 to feet/shelter the homeless and be filthy dirty. There are shelters for that and cleaning services out there to keep the place clean. Come in when it gets renovated for some clean, non-homeless calm :)

You've done your part and complained to the manager that you find the store to be unwelcoming to guests, and your next step should be to contact their corporate office. Turn to social media if you must, FB and Twitter have proven very effective and getting issues resolved.

Boycott the store in the meantime by checking out some of the other local coffeeshops that others here have suggested. Many of them offer a great atmosphere for relaxing and enjoying a cup of "good" coffee.

Guests ?? Is there a private party being conducted there where it's invitation only ? I think you mean (paying) customers

Posted on: 2016/11/21 22:22
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
How the homeless live in JC (a few years ago): IMG_1828

Posted on: 2016/11/21 21:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
The Starbucks Mission Statement is: "Our mission: to inspire and nurture the human spirit ? one person, one cup and one neighborhood at a time"

I assumed someone with the OP's background would be a little more kind...

Posted on: 2016/11/21 19:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MFJC07302 wrote:
Well, I have won the fight against the homeless and the store being filthy.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2016/11/21 19:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 23:09
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MFJC07302 wrote:
Well, I have won the fight against the homeless and the store being filthy. I reached out to corporate in Seattle, Washington as I have been writing on the JC List and they are coming to the store to do a "clean sweep" of the management and get the store back to it's original mission statement.

you should be so proud. Also, did you use your real name signing up for this website? LMFAO I wonder what all your coworkers, clients and friends would think of you getting homeless people kicked out into the cold. You're a joke dude

Posted on: 2016/11/21 19:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MFJC07302 wrote:

Sure, they will..

Posted on: 2016/11/21 18:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/17 15:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MFJC07302 wrote:

Another self entitled millennial with nothing else better to do with their existence! Get a hobby and a mifi.

Posted on: 2016/11/21 18:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/1 0:23
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

On_The_3rd wrote:
Quote:

MFJC07302 wrote:

Stuck up broad? Nice misogyny!

Posted on: 2016/11/21 17:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/11 14:53
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MFJC07302 wrote:

Posted on: 2016/11/21 17:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MFJC07302 wrote:
Well, I have won the fight against the homeless and the store being filthy. .

For a few weeks anyway. It will eventually be back to its same old condition, I guarantee it.

Posted on: 2016/11/21 17:29

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/11/21 17:28

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/11/21 17:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCishome wrote:
I really can't think of anything to say to a person who considers Starbucks an "experience".

LOL! +1.

Posted on: 2016/11/21 16:01

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017