Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
44 user(s) are online (25 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 44

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Battle against the "Bayonne Box" in The Heights
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From journal square
Group:
Registered Users
I dont live in the heights, but I am 100% in agreement and behind you on this. These are the thorn in the side of the cities aesthetics and even if they never build another, there are already too many here.

Posted on: 2016/11/18 8:45
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Have you guys been following the Master Plan rewriting story? That's the place to address this. I went to the session at City Hall and it was all touchy feely PC nonsense about how we can solve all the social ills of the city with zoning. We need people involved who want to get right to the point and not bog down in the weeds.

Other cities have zonings that might as well be called "Historic Lite", an aesthetic code rather than a preservation code. We might benefit from that. But as has been discussed in other threads, all it might take is getting rid of R-1.

Notice no one builds them in Downtown or Hoboken any more. There's definitely a price point filter, that people willing to pay over a certain amount won't pay that for a Bayonne box. But perhaps there's something we can do to put a thumb on the scale.

Posted on: 2016/11/17 23:20
Print Top

Hide User information
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I would be interested in joining you. I can also have a few other like minded people join us. PM me and we can set something up

Posted on: 2016/11/17 18:14
Print Top

Battle against the "Bayonne Box" in The Heights
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

A call to action - we really need to contact Councilman Yun, Mayor Fulop, and any other decision makers on the proliferation of the ugly Bayonne Boxes taking over the heights. What's needed is a zoning change. Something that would allow more flexibility in design. Three or four units, ditch the pitched roof, encouragement of bay windows and discouragement of protruding balconies, and better design of the garage space. What else?

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Posted on: 2016/11/17 16:14
Print Top

« 1 2 (3)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Lost Password?